PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Found and Not Found Master List

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

jjreason
09-26-2002, 06:03 PM
Hi. Im taking it upon myself to try and condense all of the threads and topics re. what we have and haven't gotten at Canadian retail. My plan is this: Ill make a list of all Saga stuff, starting with 3.75 basic figures, deluxe figures, vehicles, beasts and playsets that I know about. Beside each item Ill document whether or not it's been found up north (to the best of my knowledge) and where. If people can add finds to this thread, Ill keep editing this first post to show what we have and don't.

Im doing this for simplicity's sake - so that we don't have to keep checking 2 or 3 threads on Cantina sets to see if we've gotten them or not.

Here goes:

Basic Figures Found
1 - 40 Found, mostly between Zellers and WalMart (that's every basic figure up to and including Djas Puhr).

Not Found Yet

11b Battle Droid - Arena Battle (Red Variant)
33b Endor Soldier (no goatee variant)
FOUND! 39 Supreme Chancellor Palpatine THANKS BRANDON!
FOUND! 40 Djas Puhr THANKS BRANDON!
41 Padme Amidala - Coruscant Attack
42 Darth Maul - Sith Training
43 Anakin Skywalker - Tatooine Attack
44 Ki Adi Mundi - Jedi Master
45 Ephant Mon
46 Teemto Pagalies
47 Jango Fett - Slave I Pilot
48 Destroyer Droid - Arena Battle
49 Clonetrooper - Gunship Pilot
50 Watto - Mos Espa Junk Dealer
51 Lott Dod - Nemoidian Senator
52 Tusken Raider w Massiff
(Note: Cards not numbered in Canada. These are the figure's we're looking for beside their corresponding US Card #'s.)

Deluxe Figures Found

Tyranus
Mace Windu (both red and white battle droids have been found)
Jango Fett
Obi Wan
Anakin (slashing)
Nexu

Deluxe Figures Not Found

C3PO
Flying Geonosian
Destroyer Droid
Clone Trooper on Speeder
Yoda
Anakin (flipping)

Creatures Found

Reek
Acklay

Ships Found

Jedi Starfighter
Jango's Slave I
Anakin's Speeder
Zam Wessel Speeder
Toys R Us Landspeeder

Ships Not Found

Toys R Us X-Wing
Republic Gunship

Playsets Not Found

Geonosian Arena

Accessory Sets Found (of note: US Cards at Zellers only)

Death Star Trooper
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Arena Battle Droid
Biker Scout

Cantina Sets Found (of note: WalMart exclusive)
Momaw Nadon
Greedo
Ponda Baba

Other Figures Not Found
25th Anniversary Silver R2D2 (of note: Toys R Us exclusive)
Christmas Droids 2 Pack (Santa C3PO w Rudolph R2D2)

PLEASE reply with only things you find at CANADIAN RETAIL IN CANADIAN PACKAGES. Many of these things I have purchased online already. I want to know what we're getting and not getting at our regular retail stores. Im hoping that using this we can help each other out fill in the gaps of what we need - as some things always wind up more plentiful in some areas. Prices, numbers and WHERE THE ITEM WAS FOUND(!!!!) would be super inclusions in your posts.

I hope this is of some interest to you guys as well, and I hope you'll all correct me if Im wrong about the list.
Thanks.
JR

First change made. Thanks Count Dooku. If you get the chance, let us know where it was found and how much it cost.

Second change: added flipping Ani deluxe figure to Not Found.

Third change: marked Palpy and Djas found.

Fourth change: added Christmas droids 2pk and 25th TRU R2 to Not Found.

Count Dooku
09-26-2002, 09:18 PM
I've got the Mace Deluxe with Red Battle Droid so better edit that one.

DarthBrandon
09-26-2002, 10:33 PM
I picked up Djas Puhr with Orn and passed on Palpatine. Puhr was $9.00 even and so was Orn. Got them at Zellers at 11:55 in the morning approx.

jjreason
09-26-2002, 10:52 PM
That's great news guys. Thanks for the updates. From what I understand, the figures numbered past 40 are just starting to become common down south. Consider us as a country about a month behind what they're getting in Chicago (that's where my main source is, and he's looking all the time in every store they have).

jjreason
09-28-2002, 10:46 AM
Hi. An update from a "Snowtrooper" indicates the TRU XWing with Luke can be found at Yonge St. Toys R Us in the Big Smoke. Ill update my master list as soon as I can get access to edit it again.

haggis
09-28-2002, 07:33 PM
jreason is right. Toysrus Exclusive Xwing has been widely found in Canada. It is in US packaging as is the exclusive Landspeeder.

jjreason
09-30-2002, 03:51 PM
I won't be able to edit the original post, but I can fool around with it if I quote. Here goes....

Basic Figures Found
1 - 40 Found, mostly between Zellers and WalMart (that's every basic figure up to and including Djas Puhr).

Not Found Yet

45 Ephant Mon
46 Teemto Pagalies
(Note: Cards not numbered in Canada. These are the figure's we're looking for beside their corresponding US Card #'s.)

Deluxe Figures Found

Tyranus
Jango Fett
Obi Wan
Anakin (slashing)
Nexu

Deluxe Figures Not Found

C3PO
Flying Geonosian
Destroyer Droid
Clone Trooper on Speeder
Yoda
Anakin (flipping)

Creatures Found

Reek
Acklay

Ships Found

Jedi Starfighter
Jango's Slave I
Anakin's Speeder
Zam Wessel Speeder
Toys R Us Landspeeder
FOUND!Toys R Us X-Wing THANKS SNOWTROOPERS!

Ships Not Found

Republic Gunship

Playsets Not Found

Geonosian Arena

Death Star Trooper
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Arena Battle Droid
Biker Scout

Momaw Nadon
Greedo
Ponda Baba

Other Figures Not Found

haggis
10-04-2002, 08:39 AM
You can add the Republic Gunship to your FOUND list. I got it at Hamilton TRU last night. $69.99 + tax. They had six of them before I bought one. Also of note, they have some more Saga X-wings if anyone still needs one.

The Overlord Returns
10-04-2002, 10:03 AM
The x wing is indeed at the toronto yonge st TRU...

btw...the reason the deluxe clone is on your not found list probably has to do with the fact that it's not scheduled for release until December.

jjreason
10-04-2002, 03:16 PM
Super guys, thanks. Here's the update (GUNSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Thanks for the release date tip, OLR. I just wanted one master list of all the 2002 toys for us to update so that we'd know where (or if) Canada is getting the shaft. I realize that some of these may not even hit up north until AFTER Jan. 1...but they're supposed to be 02 toys. I plan on starting up an 03 list once those toys are popping up in the US.

Basic Figures Found

Not Found Yet

45 Ephant Mon
46 Teemto Pagalies

Deluxe Figures Found

Tyranus
Jango Fett
Obi Wan
Anakin (slashing)
Nexu

Deluxe Figures Not Found

C3PO
Flying Geonosian
Destroyer Droid
Clone Trooper on Speeder
Yoda
Anakin (flipping)

Creatures Found

Reek
Acklay

Ships Found

Jedi Starfighter
Jango's Slave I
Anakin's Speeder
Zam Wessel Speeder
Toys R Us Landspeeder
FOUND!Republic Gunship THANKS HAGGIS!

Playsets Not Found

Geonosian Arena

Death Star Trooper
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Arena Battle Droid
Biker Scout

Momaw Nadon
Greedo
Ponda Baba

Other Figures Not Found
Christmas Droids 2 Pack (Santa C3PO w Rudolph R2D2) [/B]

DarthBrandon
10-05-2002, 07:04 PM
Don't know if this applies to the list, but just found in Zellers Saint John, N.B. 12" Jango Fett/Obi-Wan Electronic.

jjreason
10-05-2002, 09:47 PM
Good score, Brandon! I didn't make a 12" list for purely selfish reasons: I don't collect them anymore, and hence I don't know what's out or what's coming out! Someone who does know that stuff (hint *BRANDON* hint) could create a similar thread for that stuff if they felt like....but the updates are certainly welcome here. NB seems to be ahead of the curve, eh? Either that or your store has a really aggressive toy manager. You're a lucky scamp either way!

PS and aside: What is up with NB? I lived with a guy from Moncton in University - he's an orthodontist now. All my cop friends from there (we get them from every province out here) are really on the ball guys. Now the front running Star Wars toy stalker on this site hails from there as well???? Hoo wah. Mad props to the Maritimes.

Count Dooku
10-05-2002, 11:22 PM
Has anyone besides "Brandon" seen Palpy or Djas, cause I sure haven't nor anyone else at any other forums.

jjreason
10-05-2002, 11:52 PM
Stuck at Chewie Bespin/Han Endor/Obi Pilot wave in Prince Rupert. If anyone needs these let me know.

Count Dooku - I don't know what it is about Brandon, he's usually first to spot new stuff in Canada from my experience. East coast big centres have close proximity to Rhode Island (I believe Hasbro's US base) and to Quebec (Canada's Hasbro base) - might have something to do with it.

DarthBrandon
10-06-2002, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Count Dooku
Has anyone besides "Brandon" seen Palpy or Djas, cause I sure haven't nor anyone else at any other forums.

Just be patient and they will arrive, I don't know why I spot new stuff all the time, maybe it's because I'm at it every day or the wife tells me when she returns from the mall. Zellers in Saint John, N.B. has new stuff arriving each day in the toy dept, like the new Jango/Obi Electronic figures that I spotted today. They looked really cool and Jango's Jet pack lights up on the bottom along with Obi's light saber as well. The only problem I find with them is that Jango is all hard plastic with the exception of his head, (soft plastic), didn’t like the phrases, plus a price tag of $49.99, so I hid one of the Six (Jango) available for later. I'm still looking for the Gunship and other figures like everyone else. I get really excited when I find new things and really P.O.’d when I don’t, I live in a small town and sometimes it's good (distribution) and sometimes it's really bad, for now I'll stick with the good. I can tell you this, the zellers I purchased Djas from had nothing and I mean nothing in terms of new figures when ATOC first came out and this continued for weeks until they got the Jango final battle wave ahead of others (WM etc). So this leads me to believe that they will be receiving newer figures at a faster rate than say Wal-Mart or TOYSRUS as they are still warming the pegs there.

P.S. If I find an extra Palpy or Djas, I'll set them a side along with the Jango and maybe we'll do a trade or something.

(jjreason) For the most part people from New Brunswick are good down to earth people with strong family ties. Maybe it's just being from a small town that gives me the drive to be the best I can be at what ever I'm doing i.e. being a father, collector, work etc. I hear that you are from Ont., what part? The reason I'm asking is that I lived there for six years while I was in college.
:)

DarthBrandon
10-08-2002, 02:08 AM
Sorry for back to back posts.

The Republic Gunship has shown up on the list of S.W. items being sent to zellers select in Saint John, N.B. I spotted the list while talking to a guy form the stock area, he gave me a copy so I could post it here for all to see. It's the floor plan for Star Wars and Transformers; I condensed and had to cut part of it away in order to post it. This is the confirmation that I've been waiting for, so here goes.:D

Update, I have found the Gunship at TOYSRUS in Saint John, N.B. this morning while out shopping with the little fellow, it came four to a case and only one case was there so far. There will be more, I was told. Also on a smaller note, the Action Fleet vehicles were there as well, I spotted the Falcon and the X-wing just at a glance. I wasn't too interested in them because I was way too busy checking out the Gunship and having it set aside to buy later this week. The action figures at TOYRUS are pretty slim and they will have nothing in terms of newer ones until they sell the boxes of left overs that are still out back. If anyone is looking for accessory sets or cantina sets, they are plentiful here at Zellers Select and Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart and Zellers will have more action figures arriving weekly I was told by both toy managers, but to what waves or assortments they did not know. :)

jjreason
10-11-2002, 06:58 PM
New Update As per Haggis (again!).....this time deluxe figs....

Also, great news about the Gunships, Im still eagerly awaiting their arrival up here in the tundra!

Basic Figures Found

Not Found Yet

45 Ephant Mon
46 Teemto Pagalies

Deluxe Figures Found

Tyranus
Jango Fett
Obi Wan
Anakin (slashing)
Nexu
FOUND!Battle Droid THANKS HAGGIS!
FOUND!C3P0 THANKS HAGGIS!
FOUND!Yoda THANKS HAGGIS!

Deluxe Figures Not Found

Flying Geonosian
Clone Trooper on Speeder
Anakin (flipping)

Creatures Found

Reek
Acklay

Ships Found

Jedi Starfighter
Jango's Slave I
Anakin's Speeder
Zam Wessel Speeder
Toys R Us Landspeeder
FOUND!Republic Gunship THANKS GUYS!

Playsets Not Found

Geonosian Arena

Death Star Trooper
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Arena Battle Droid
Biker Scout

Momaw Nadon
Greedo
Ponda Baba

Other Figures Not Found

fourtwo
10-11-2002, 07:55 PM
the landspeeder will be here soon. i promise.
you have no mention of the 12 inch line though. i put out a few luke and taun taun's last night.

JJ check your messages and email me please. i also believe i have found you a blaster sir.

jjreason
10-15-2002, 04:11 AM
An update from our friends at Snowtroopers indicates the Zellers in Bathurst, NB (former home of my new Corporal and buddy from police college) now has some new 3.75" figs on the shelves......

Basic Figures Found
A few more can now be crossed of the list.....

FOUND! 33b Endor Soldier (no goatee variant)
FOUND! 44 Ki Adi Mundi - Jedi Master
FOUND! 46 Teemto Pagalies
FOUND! 50 Watto - Mos Espa Junk Dealer
FOUND! 51 Lott Dod - Nemoidian Senator
FOUND! 52 Tusken Raider w Massiff

Not Found Yet

45 Ephant Mon

Deluxe Figures Found

Tyranus
Jango Fett
Obi Wan
Anakin (slashing)
Nexu

Deluxe Figures Not Found

Flying Geonosian
Clone Trooper on Speeder
Anakin (flipping)

Creatures Found

Reek
Acklay

Ships Found

Jedi Starfighter
Jango's Slave I
Anakin's Speeder
Zam Wessel Speeder
Toys R Us Landspeeder

Playsets Not Found

Geonosian Arena

Death Star Trooper
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Arena Battle Droid
Biker Scout

Momaw Nadon
Greedo
Ponda Baba

Other Figures Not Found

DarthBrandon
10-15-2002, 11:46 PM
On a smaller note Jango/Boba unleashed hit the pegs at Toysrus in Saint John, N.B. today, if anyone was interested.

Count Dooku
10-16-2002, 12:09 AM
Found a Bespin Luke Skywalker metal peg version at Sears. I've only seen the plastic peg on tri-logo before today.

DarthBrandon
10-19-2002, 11:28 PM
After the sale on figures at zellers ends this weekend, expect new ones to hit the pegs shortly afterwards. I was told this by the toy manager at my local zellers.

And for anyone who does not know, most stores (Zellers in particular) have boxes of figures out in the stock room ready to go out. I know because I've seen some this evening, they wait until most of the old stock is gone before putting out more on the pegs. Wal-Mart in Saint John still has tons of old figures out back as well as TRU. I guess somebody over ordered in their depts.

Still waiting for E/M, Clone Trooper Pilots x4 and Deluxe version x2, Padme C/A.

jjreason
10-21-2002, 03:29 PM
I did my best to clear some space - bought all the remaining geo w massiffs and Royal Guards (3 and 2) off the shelves. They'd been there long enough, so I figured no one else was interested (and I like both figs enough to have a few more kicking around!).

The new Royal guards had better attention to paint detail - no dark spots - and the silver paint had not rubbed off onto the glove. These were much, much nicer than the first 3 I got from the US. Just a tip.....

fourtwo
10-22-2002, 05:36 PM
rumour has it zellers back east are starting to see the lott dod wave.

Bosskman
10-22-2002, 05:54 PM
I still haven't found the Lott Dodd Wave yet here in Moncton NB (I only nead the no beard Endor Rebel) but Zellers here put out a bunch more accesory pacs. TRU here had a bunch of the deluxe Yoda and 3PO too. Won't be long now. P

PS

Has anyone in the Maritimes found the TRU Landspeeder or X-Wing yet?

fourtwo
10-22-2002, 06:05 PM
i just put both those out at my TRU recently. the X-wing flew out in like 2 days, so they are all gone, minus the one i have aside til payday. just put the landspeeder out during last nights shift. i'll be interested to see how well it sells.

i've been asking about stuff there and it seems they're damn iffy when it comes to buying sw stuff. they seem to feel they get stuck with a lot of stuff that doesn't sell, which they do. if i have to repack another box of reeks for $24.99 i'll scream
oh if i wasn't just a lowly "associate"

fourtwo
10-24-2002, 10:25 PM
i dunno if this counts or is even important to you all, but i put out the interactive R2 D2 yesterday at work.

jjreason
11-18-2002, 04:01 AM
BOSSKMAN checked in with some cool news - the Arena Playset has made the East Coast. First Ive heard of it in Canada, so he gets props on the update.

Basic Figures Found
A few more can now be crossed of the list.....

FOUND! 33b Endor Soldier (no goatee variant)
FOUND! 44 Ki Adi Mundi - Jedi Master
FOUND! 46 Teemto Pagalies
FOUND! 50 Watto - Mos Espa Junk Dealer
FOUND! 51 Lott Dod - Nemoidian Senator
FOUND! 52 Tusken Raider w Massiff

Not Found Yet

45 Ephant Mon

Deluxe Figures Found

Tyranus
Jango Fett
Obi Wan
Anakin (slashing)
Nexu

Deluxe Figures Not Found

Flying Geonosian
Clone Trooper on Speeder
Anakin (flipping)

Creatures Found

Reek
Acklay

Ships Found

Jedi Starfighter
Jango's Slave I
Anakin's Speeder
Zam Wessel Speeder
Toys R Us Landspeeder

Playsets Found(!)

Geonosian Arena THANKS BOSSKMAN!

Death Star Trooper
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Arena Battle Droid
Biker Scout

Momaw Nadon
Greedo
Ponda Baba

Other Figures Not Found
25th Anniversary Silver R2D2 (of note: Toys R Us exclusive) AND NOW OFFICIALLY PART OF THE "WE NEVER GOT IT" CLUB.

Christmas Droids 2 Pack (Santa C3PO w Rudolph R2D2, apparently a WalMart exclusive)

greedo
11-18-2002, 10:01 AM
Under the Delux section of found, you refer to a Delux Battle Droid? What are you refering to? I'm not aware of any delux battle droid.....

Thanks,

jjreason
11-19-2002, 04:05 AM
Hey Greedo, sorry for the delay. On this site it's actually listed as "Destroyer Droid". Since I don't have the item, Im not sure exactly what's in the pkg, either. It's listed under "Collector's Database" on this site, then be sure to follow the links through "Kenner", "3 3/4", "Saga", then "Deluxe Figures" or something like that. Im looking for a pic to post here, but since Im no good at the code you may have to settle for a link. Ill be back......

(Edit).....interesting...no pics here or at the other site I go for photo reference. No mention of this item over there, either. Weird. Here's something, though, maybe that other lovable Canucklehead Haggis can sort this out.....

Originally Posted by Haggis

New Deluxe @ Sears on sale! Post #1

Deluxe Yoda and Deluxe C3PO & Battle droid are available at Sears. $14.99 - 20% off. Good deal. Got mine at Sears @ Limeridge Mall in Hamilton. Still some on the shelves as of Thursday night. Same old basic figures though. Go get these heavyweight Deluxe figs as they won't last long.

Haggis? Are ye there lad? Can you help us out?

greedo
11-19-2002, 09:41 AM
On your list of found, you have a seperate Battle droid Delux figure..there isn't one. The quote you posted says it is 3PO and battle droid, but should read 3-po with battle droid...

There isn't a battle droid delux...there is a battle droid builder delux slatted to a much later release, but nothing as of yet...

In the package there is a 3-po and a red battle droid with interchangable heads...that is what the quote is referering to.

I hope this helps.

FYI

jjreason
11-19-2002, 10:52 PM
You're probably right. There's still a deluxe Destroyer droid listed on this site in the database. Does anyone have that piece, or is it a myth as well?

Edit: After quite a bit of looking around, Im going to remove it from the list. There's no evidence of it (Battle or Destroyer) at any site I've looked at, so it must not be. Thanks for the help. One less thing I have to get from a US source down the road.

mabudonicus
11-20-2002, 11:14 AM
Quickly, I saw the Geo arena here in SC at TRU yesterday, didn't see the price but it's there if you must have it, along with the landspeeder and x-wing, no new figs but lots of deluxe c-3p0's so we can all recreate our favourite scene from the hit film:)

jjreason
11-20-2002, 11:48 AM
Yeah, that long-winded, ILM gratifying sequence was my favourite for sure JUST ahead of Ani riding on the stupidly fake looking Shaak and falling off into the Julie Andrews inspired meadow. :rolleyes: :D

fourtwo
11-20-2002, 12:10 PM
hey now...that whole idea of 3po in that situation was great, i laughed at the whole part, especially afterwards when he says "die jedi scum!".
too funny.
come on, what would star wars be without stuff like that?
:D
....and if you really hate that scene with anakin, then go see the IMAX version, its cut out altogether.

mabudonicus
11-21-2002, 08:56 AM
I wouldn't mind a padme figure from the scene AFTER your favourite one JJ, where she wears a;;that rack negligee to re-inforce the notion that she "just wants to be friends".....
Or maybe a figure from the "gungan consolation" scene, where Anakin looks for serious emotional support from the Binks...

Nahhh seriously, I really did love clones, even the 3po bit was pretty damn funny for the most part, I just hava a sort of sarcastic appreciation, ya might say....

jjreason
11-22-2002, 03:48 AM
I personally would be happy with a "Phantom Edit" of Clones - nice thing about DVD is that I can skip what I don't like. It only takes me an hour to watch it now.....Coruscant chase, Kamino, Final Battle......"all killer, no filler"!!!!!

fourtwo
11-22-2002, 02:53 PM
is that all you watch?
those 3 scenes?
everything after they get captured is gold for the most, i really don't hate any of it, i just get annoyed with some of the hokey love story.

jjreason
11-22-2002, 11:58 PM
I just love Kamino. I can watch that over and over and over - my favorite planet since Hoth in terms of appearance and action. Great stuff. I do like the whole movie, very much. These however, are the three scenes I do look at most, because they're pretty mindless entertainment. I really like the scene where Ani's pursuing the Tusken band (stops off to see the Jawa's etc), and I really thought the added "I know Im better than this" afterward tidied things up immensely. It's a great, great movie. I really can't wait to see how this all wraps up - and Ill be doing it spoiler free (so help me God, Ill be strong this time.....).

fourtwo
11-23-2002, 12:56 PM
can't say i disagree with ya there at all.
kamino was a fun watch for sure.

jjreason
12-28-2002, 01:17 PM
Just a post to bump this thread and reiterate everything we've missed this past year. Also added the first 22 figures for next year and the confirmed Trash Compactor sets.

Basic Figures Not Found
45 Ephant Mon
52 Yoda - Jedi High Council
53 Destroyer Droid - Arena Battle
Saga Imperial Officer (head B)
Saga Imperial Officer (head C)
Saga Teebo
Saga Eeth Koth
Saga Rebel Fleet Trooper (head B)

Deluxe Figures Not Found
Clone Trooper on Speeder
Anakin (flipping)

Other Figures Not Found
25th Anniversary Silver R2D2 (TRU)
Holiday Edition droids 2 pack (WM)

The new year looks promising with the inclusion of some very desirous resculpts of OT favourites....

2003 Star Wars Saga Basic Figures

[#01] Obi-Wan Kenobi: Acklay Battle (C1)
[#02] Mace Windu: Arena Confrontation (C1)
[#03] Darth Tyranus: Geonosian Escape (C1)
[#04] Padmé Amidala: Droid Factory Chase (C2)
[#05] SP-4 & JN-66 (Jedi Analysis Droids) 2-Pack [#06] Tusken Raider: Tatooine Camp Ambush (C2)
[#07] Anakin Skywalker: Naboo Wedding (C1)
[#08] Boba Fett: Jabba's Palace (C1)
[#09] R2-D2: Geonosian Droid Factory (C1)
[#10] Lama Su: Kamino Prime Minister w/ Child
[#11] Aayla Secura: Jedi Master (C2)
[#12] Barriss Offee: Jedi Padawan (C2)
[#13] Han Solo: Hoth Gear (C1)
[#14] Chewbacca: Mynock Hunt (C1)
[#15] Yoda & Chian: Padawan Youngling (C2)
[#16] Ashla & Jempa: Jedi Padawan Younglings(C2)
[#17] Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight (C1)
[#18] Darth Vader: Removable Helmet (C1)
[#19] SnowTrooper (C1)
[#20] Padmé Amidala: Wedding Dress (C2)
[#21] Wat Tambor: Techno Union Foreman (C2)
[#22] Coleman Trebor: Jedi Master (C2)

Cinema Scenes
Trash Compactor 1
Trash Compactor 2

mabudonicus
12-28-2002, 06:32 PM
I had a better post, but it got messed up.
Quickly, the pilot wave is available at the "specialty shop" here in town across from fairview mall, if anyone wants them, the price ain't exactly right, but it's not too bad, if you want an update on that, let me know and I can check it out for you..

Bosskman
12-29-2002, 08:53 AM
I found the Deluxe Geonisian Warrior at 2 TRUs here in NB. No sign of the Clonetrooper though. That was 2 weeks ago.

jjreason
12-29-2002, 11:34 AM
Thanks Bosskman, previous post edited.

fourtwo
12-29-2002, 11:35 AM
i put them (flying genosian) out last night, during my last shift as a TRU employee. some of the new 2003 lego too.

jjreason
01-25-2003, 03:31 AM
Apparently the Clonetrooper Pilot has shown up at WalMart in Peterborough Ontario. Have a look, maybe there'll be something else new around that we can scratch.

Jerjerrod
01-25-2003, 11:21 AM
Good news, good news. What other figs are in his assortment?
It's time Walmart finally got something new, I'm growing tired of seeing Han and Orn warming the pegs.

Bosskman
01-25-2003, 01:59 PM
There's been nothing big here in NB for and age. We have about as much new stuff here as Utah has booze.

jjreason
01-25-2003, 07:08 PM
The site that reported the finding didn't mention any other new figs. Check Snowtroopers.ca for more "Just Found Canada" type info.

jjreason
01-31-2003, 04:35 AM
Okay, I "just" found Palpatine and Djas up here, $7.98 at Zellers. If anyone is still looking for these two must-have Saga figures please let me know and I'll pick them up for you. We can work a deal later, so don't let them pass you by (It helps me clear the shelves little by little...)

fourtwo
01-31-2003, 02:44 PM
they're on the pegs around here, palaptine is a cool fig, but i'm not digging that djas at all.

jjreason
01-31-2003, 07:58 PM
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Every collection 2 figure from last year was a must have for me.

I though people would want Djas because he's a cantina alien from the OT - something people gripe about the lack of more than they do the action features on the new figures. Well, maybe not MORE than, but pretty close :) .

Bosskman
02-01-2003, 06:16 AM
Still no new SW stuff here in Moncton, but I did find the new MOTU minifig set at the big Walmart, and I got the LOTR Sauron at Gamezilla. (They had a whole bunch of him along with ALL the TTT stuff released so far except Gandalf the White)

fourtwo
02-01-2003, 03:34 PM
hows that sauron looking? i haven't been out looking much latley cause i'm between jobs and hella broke

Bosskman
02-02-2003, 11:45 AM
He's one of the swweeeeeeeetest figure I own. His voice is REALLY loud and the detail on him is amazing. I've been waiting for him for a long time now and I'm not disapointed in the least.

jjreason
02-02-2003, 11:03 PM
I don't suppose they'd have a first wave ttt Legolas eh? Kicking myself for getting rid of the 2 I found up here, I really thought they'd keep shipping him (and the rest of that wave) but they haven't. Id be happy to get one.....:Puppydogeyes: :D

fourtwo
02-03-2003, 04:07 PM
can't wait to find one here, hope i can afford it. what did it set you back?

Bosskman
02-05-2003, 08:25 AM
About 45 bucks after taxes.

fourtwo
02-05-2003, 03:21 PM
yikes!
:sur:
hope i can find enough money for that.

jjreason
02-05-2003, 03:30 PM
News on Snowtroopers indicates the Deluxe Clone with Speeder Bike has arrived at retailers in Canada. No news on FINDING this piece anywhere yet, but the rep that fronts them the news is proven reliable. Eyes wide open, folks, that piece would be great to find and cross off the list.

Oh, and anyone who finds them and doesn't get me one is in deep doo doo! :D

Jerjerrod
02-06-2003, 12:30 AM
:eek: DELUXE CLONETROOPER in CAAAANADA??!?!!? :eek:

Where? TRU? Walmart? Where should I start looking?!?!

Ok jj, if I see two, you own the second one. :D

jjreason
02-06-2003, 04:34 AM
Okay, sorry to get you freaked out, Moff J. The deal is Hasbro Canada says it's been sent to retailers. This time there was no specification as to which ones. It's up to them to get them out for public consumption. Keep in mind there's only been one reported finding of the pilot, so I wouldn't think these'll be super common just yet. The good news is they've shipped them up here, and with any luck at some point we'll all be able to cop a few for retail prices. I for one would like at least 2 or 3 of these for my collection (one to fit on the groove in the gunship, and 2 to ride together like Ponch and Johnny did so many moons ago :D ).

I do hope I find them up here.

Jerjerrod
02-06-2003, 12:47 PM
I look forward to the new stuff. Also, I bought the Research Droids at Silver Snail the other day. They both look pretty cool, and the packaging is much darker than 2002. Can't complain about any 2-in-1 figures this year.

Btw, my TRU still has some X-Wings stashed up on the high shelves. Does anyone know if the price will ever drop? Right now it's $54.99.

Jerjerrod

jjreason
02-06-2003, 10:50 PM
Hmmmmm....tough to see the future on exclusives is. If they're REALLY getting dusty, who knows? It's hard to believe, really. I still don't have mine, though it's waiting in the closet at my folks house to be given to me on my birthday this year. Sucks to know in advance, but at least I know Ill like my present! :cool:

Jerjerrod
02-06-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
I still don't have mine, though it's waiting in the closet at my folks house to be given to me on my birthday this year. Sucks to know in advance, but at least I know Ill like my present! :cool:

Heh. That must be nice. I wish someone in my house would assist me in collecting Star Wars too :p. At least you won't have to spend money on the X-Wing, and use that towards other figures in the future. :D

fourtwo
02-06-2003, 11:18 PM
the landspeeder got cheap.
i paid full price for my x-wing, bought it on my first pay day at TRU, man that was a bender day.
i like it, its sweet

fourtwo
02-06-2003, 11:22 PM
on a side note, anyone gonna be picking up those neat jersey's from mcdonalds starting tomorrow?
i totally wasn't aware of them til the other day, shame you can't get them all in the same area though....

http://www.mcdonalds.ca/en/mcsports/collectibles/index.asp

Jerjerrod
02-06-2003, 11:54 PM
Go Mats Go! I will pick up the leafs one for sure. :D

fourtwo
02-07-2003, 12:12 AM
i'd like to get em all, i'm gonna try to hit up people i know in those areas i don't to get the ones i'll need.

mabudonicus
02-07-2003, 10:02 AM
A pity I dont eat no mcdonalds... gonna have to talk to more omnivores, I guess:):)

I just wanted to add that I found ephant mon and a destroter droid on my front step today.. I can see how hbro would have wanted to ship as few of them suckers as possible...

And here it comes....

JJreason ROCKS!! THANK YOU MAN, I PROMISE I WON'T OPEN YER DROID!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

jjreason
02-07-2003, 01:19 PM
You're welcome. Im relieved it got there okay.

fourtwo
02-07-2003, 02:33 PM
don't have to eat there, just buy drinks

JJ are you sending out free ephant mons and destroyer droids? you nice man you.
:D:D:D:D
the only ephant around here i've heard about has a price tag of 40 dollars.

Bosskman
02-11-2003, 09:08 PM
Still no newSW stuff but I did get the LOTR Galadriel, Twilight Ringwraith, Aragorn (Helm's Deep), Frodo with lightup Sting and the Prologue Elf here in Moncton at Gamezilla. They're all awesome. Keep your eyes open if you want 'em (especiallly since the Elves are only one per case (YES BOTH OF THEM(Galadriel and the soldier))

jjreason
02-11-2003, 10:26 PM
God, that's not fair. Why make and army builder the chase piece???? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

I do so badly want a twilight ringwraith however, good news they're starting to show up. Good score Bosskman!

Oh, and in other news the "other" site is alleging the report of having found a Pilot in Peterborough may be false. Surprise. :rolleyes:

fourtwo
02-12-2003, 03:50 AM
that wraith is hot stuff. hot to trot.
i've been toying with the idea of offering up my gandalf the white and shawdofax up for trade though. its cool though so i'm undecided.

fourtwo
02-12-2003, 03:55 AM
oh yeah, my zellers had nothing new, but they were doing a total toy section restructuring and marvel legends 2 was on one of the lists i looked at
:D:D:D:D:D:D

jjreason
02-12-2003, 05:54 PM
Mine too! The bad news is I just paid 17 bucks a pop for Thing, Namor and Human Torch.......:frus: but still need Victor Von Doom. We also have pegs for Spider-Man wave 2, and Im in need of the Hobgoblin from that line. Im using all my connections for these 2 figs.

Im in need of Hulky and Cap Am. Maybe, 42, we could clock a little deal for Ephant - pending me finding another one. Are those 2 still for sale down in the LMD?

Jerjerrod
02-12-2003, 07:04 PM
Off Topic...

12" Master Edition C-3PO w/ book is on clearance at Chapters for $19.99 CDN!! Go pick it up if you need it.

Jerjerrod

fourtwo
02-12-2003, 07:17 PM
i'll take a look next time i get out JJ.

those master editions have been showing up lots latley i've noticed. the 3po is the only one i realy found worth buying, maybe i'll bump in to 20 bucks so i can pick it up.

mabudonicus
02-13-2003, 08:12 AM
Hey, right back off topic... a buddy snagged me a Sundin jersey from mcd's ..... they're AWESOME, in a word, even got the mesh under the armpit and stuff, and the logo is sewn on, and the best part.... NO ARCHES (at least no-where I've seen, as they say, there's a little mcdonalds on everything)
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! LEAFS!!!!!!
Oh, and just cos I know you'll read this, JJ- do you want a "corrected" Thor?? If he's a fave of yours, I can do one for you, as the out-of-the-box job on him right sucks, and mine is PERFECT, I swear it is......
I'm DEFINITELY gonna have to put my fixed clix up somewhere, they're turning out so great... thanks again for getting me totally hooked, JJ ;)

The Overlord Returns
02-13-2003, 12:55 PM
Dudes...hold off on any ML 2 purchases at comic shops...they are popping up in Zellers all over the place......

BTW, totally off topic......does anyone know, or can they confirm, the existance of Toronto Maple leaf old time sweater style jerseys? The old looking, tighter fitting things with the classic maple leaf on them? I'm desperate for an away one, if they exist....

Jerjerrod
02-13-2003, 03:17 PM
You mean the jersey they were wearing last night against the Blackhawks, but in "away" color? Yes, I think they have em at SportChek. The Leafs wear the vintage jersey every original 6 game.

The Overlord Returns
02-13-2003, 03:28 PM
No...not exactly.....

What I am talking about is an old style "sweater" like they war in the 40's and 50's. It's knit material, and would fit like any normal sweater we would wear today....I've heard that they make them, yet I've never seen them.

Jerjerrod
02-14-2003, 12:35 AM
Oh. :stupid: Then I probably can't help you, dude. Sorry. But good luck and let us know when you find it. :)

jjreason
02-14-2003, 07:47 AM
Ha! Speaking of Zellers - I hooked myself a wicked Hobgoblin figure from the Spider-Man line. It's super posable like a Marvel Legends figure, and has every ounce of detail that makes that line awesome. Go get this right away, it's worth every penny.

No such knit sweaters up here, I'd be grabbing a Wings model for sure. They sound cool. I got the mini Sundin jersey as well, the first one they've had up for sale here. I think there are only 5, so I'll try to "collect them all!"

mabudonicus
02-14-2003, 07:59 AM
Hey, overlord, I have one of them.. it's a CCM "Heritage" jersey, the one I have is from the mid 30's (made a couple years ago, though) it is a sweater, and it's got the felt Leaf on it (the Leaf doesn't have the "ribs" on it like the "home" jersey does though)
So they DO exist... maybe I'll post a pic of me wearing it... it came from the Pen Centre, at the sports store (Sports obsession, I believe, not the other one)

Jerjerrod
02-14-2003, 11:52 PM
but still need Victor Von Doom.

JJ, I went to a Zellers today, and they had some Dr. Dooms. They also had like 4 Death Star Trooper Accessory packs.

jjreason
02-15-2003, 07:53 PM
Hmmmmmm. Im a little stressed because MY Zellers has now taken down the pegs for Marvel Legends series 2. If you had the opportunity, Jerjerrod, I'd love to score that figure. If you think you could hook me up, I'd pay you very quickly by whatever method you'd like. I will also be home in Ontario this April, and am planning on hooking up with Mabudon - Ill be spending a week or so in Burlington. Maybe we could hook up then, to save on shipping.

That was like a PM. Sorry everybody.

haggis
02-16-2003, 04:43 PM
Found the Deluxe Flying Geonosian at TRU this week. Also saw some of those Hobgoblins you guys were talking about. Very cool. Movie Hulk figs. too. Also, the Marvel Studios Wolverine, Punisher and Blade were at TRU. $59.99 a pop though. LOTR Fellowship 9-packs at Walmart. 50 bucks but probably worth it for all nine figures.

pegger
02-20-2003, 02:28 PM
Why :(
Why :(
Why :cry:

I just want some new figures......Is that to much to ask for????

jjreason
02-20-2003, 04:33 PM
Apparently, the answer to your question is "yes". Thanks for asking!

:D :cry: :D

pegger
02-21-2003, 03:18 PM
jjreason:
You say in the Canucklehead thread that you joined a club for your figs...

Is that the Kebco one?

Why does Hasbro want to drive me crazy?

P.S. - The only up side to this wait is that maybe...just maybe...Ephant Mon is on its way. Of course, at this pace it'll be 2006 before we get it.

jjreason
02-21-2003, 09:05 PM
Yes, it was KebCo. I didnt' want to plug their club (because I haven't got any new figures from them yet) but they've treated me well in the past (I've made 2 successful order from them for "non-mint" figures).

Ill keep you posted as to how it's going. So far they charged me 17 bucks us to ship my first 8 figures, I can live with that.

Jerjerrod
03-01-2003, 12:25 PM
Today I saw a LOTR: FOTR 7-pack w/ring. This might be old news, but it's the only new toy at Walmart for a while. Sells for $49.92.

Also, I finally bought myself a Smiti - Leafs Mats Sundin! How cool is that?! :D

jjreason
03-01-2003, 04:45 PM
What the heck's a Smiti?

Jerjerrod
03-01-2003, 04:54 PM
What the heck's a Smiti?

Smiti is the brand of a line of Kubrick-like figures. They make rock-band figures like Limp Bizkit, Kiss, and even the Osbournes. Now, they have NHL figures. Check out www.smitis.com.

mabudonicus
03-02-2003, 12:27 PM
i saw those at walmart, but there were no Leaf ones... this area seems to get about 1 Leafs to every 20 others, which is dumb... I missed the Mcfarlane Sundin when it came out, couldn't find it nowhere(at least not for the right price)... I gave up looking for him, then after xmas, there was a returned, opened one (had all his stuff, though) who's peg was bent a bit for 5 bucks.... I brought him home, fixed the peg and made him a visor and was happy with him right up til I got screwed outta Mogilny this year (I wasn't buying the 3 pack, even though Belfour is cool)
Hopefully I'll stumble upon him sometime, I have odd luck like that

jjreason
03-02-2003, 05:57 PM
Ill keep my eyes open, they're not moving out here at all. Even the goalies this time around are sitting on the shelf.

Jerjerrod
03-03-2003, 01:17 AM
I have never, ever, ever, seen Sundin or Mogilny singles in any Walmart or TRU in Toronto. Sunds to me like scalpers hit them just when they hit the shelves. That or employees which also happen to be Leaf fans buy them even before they bring them out.

:mad: It's frustrating to try to buy Leafs stuff in TO. It sucks. :mad:

mabudonicus
03-03-2003, 12:06 PM
It's just as bad down here, man... I saw one sundin at TRU and never again, never saw Mogilny either, and even those 3 packs seem to have sold out as xmas presents......
I've been lucky, I have an AWESOME collection of Leafs stuff, mostly 10 years old or older, just have to be in the right place at the right time, but I hear ya, for Leafs fandom areas, you'd think that mcfarlane would insert a few more Leafs, I wouldn't care if it made certain guys real rare, as long as the Leafs were at least available to some folks looking for em, dammit!!!

fourtwo
03-03-2003, 07:34 PM
dunno if this is old or new news to anyone, but darth maul sith training has shown up at walmarts around here. neat figure, a friend grabbed one and i played with it a bit yesterday. a metal maul saber hilt is a really cool thing.

jjreason
03-03-2003, 09:18 PM
Hey, that's good news. We did have it marked off the list, but I haven't heard of anything different for a long time. Maybe they will start shipping the clone pilot and clone with speeder too. Im kind of wondering when and if we're going to get any of the 03 figures? It feels like Hasbro Canada is dropping the ball again.

Jerjerrod
03-03-2003, 09:52 PM
Great! Bring on the somewhat-new-figures! Maybe Walmart is finally getting stuff in. Can't wait to find them.

pegger
03-04-2003, 07:56 AM
All the Walmart's (and Zeller's) by my place are full of:

Han Solo (Endor Raid)
Chewbacca (Bespin)
Darth Vader (Bespin)
Luke (Bespin)

....I've got a feeling they will hanging there for a while....not an army builder in the bunch....

jjreason
03-04-2003, 08:24 AM
Im a little more lucky than that. I could clear out a few figure (5 I think) just by stocking up on Geo Warriors and Royal Guards. Pay day's Wed., if they're still there tomorrow - they won't be for long. I love those two figures. We still have some Palpatines and Djas, one Dexter Jettster and a load of Orn Free Tas - these were some of my favourites from last year, I can't believe they haven't sold!

mabudonicus
03-04-2003, 12:46 PM
Hey, JJ, I still don't have djas, is he priced good?? I didn't think I wanted him, but I saw his pic and he does look pretty damn cool...

jjreason
03-05-2003, 02:46 AM
Well, I can pick one up and bring it to you "gratis" as we're still working on the deal for the Falcon (since you won't play me at Sabacc for it :cool: ). It could make up part of the outstanding balance. Let me know if that interests you, and I'll scoop one up next trip to Zellers. He's wicked, but the guns are way too bendy.

jjreason
03-16-2003, 01:49 PM
Okay, a couple of new figs popping up on trilogo here in Canada at WalMarts. Have a look, these were posted at Snowtroopers, and the Clone Pilot was confirmed with a pic of him on Trilogo card. Finally.

Basic Figures Not Found

Padme Amidala - Coruscant Attack FOUND!!!!
Darth Maul - Sith TrainingFOUND!!!!
Anakin Skywalker - Tatooine Attack
Ephant Mon
Jango Fett - Slave I Pilot FOUND!!!!
Clonetrooper - Gunship Pilot FOUND!!!!!
Yoda - Jedi High Council
Destroyer Droid - Arena Battle
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saga Imperial Officer (head B - light brown hair, no burns)
Saga Imperial Officer (head C - blonde hair, sideburns)
Saga Teebo
Saga Eeth Koth
Saga Rebel Fleet Trooper (head B - red hair, sideburns)
Saga Rebel Fleet Trooper (head C - black hair, no burns)
Saga Battle Droid - Arena Battle (B - red version)

I don't really know where to draw the line for 2002 and 2003 figs, the numbering system shows the repacks, Yoda, and Destroyer as 2002 basics, so they stay on the list. Notice, however, that I DID draw the line somewhere :D .

Still missing 11 figures, only 4 of which have been showing up in the US with any great regularity - and that greatly depends on where you live, apparently (Anakin, Ephant, Yoda and Destroyer).
One more "Hurray!" for Hasbro's distribution department!!!

seth_quinn
03-19-2003, 03:57 AM
I don't know if this will be easy to read or not, but this is my own little list of the saga stuff I bought over the past year and where it came from (Canada/USA) at the bottom is a 2003 basic figure check list (two actually - card numeric and alphabetical) I put this together a while ago so some of the comments may be outdated and may be missing a few of the latest figure releases for 2003

seth

seth_quinn: saga list of finds/needs - haves/wants.
legend - efs=english/french/spanish card eoc=english only card(us) aic=available in Canada fb=flashback card
ff=freeze frame card cm=comm-tech card

finds/have:

25th anniversay:
R2-D2 - tru exclusive - eoc

accessory sets:
Arena Conflict w/Battle Droid - eoc, (aic, efs?)
Death Star w/Death Star Trooper - eoc, (aic, efs?)
Endor Victory w/Scout Trooper - eoc, (aic, efs?)
Hoth Survival w/Hoth Rebel Solder - eoc, (aic, efs?) [new scult, not potf2 repack]

action figures - basic:
01 Anakin Skywalker - Outland Peasant Disguise - efs
02 Padmé Amidala - Arena Escape - efs
03 Obi-Wan Kenobi - Coruscant Chase - efs
04 C-3PO - Protocal Droid - efs
05 Kit Fisto - Jedi Master - efs
06 Super Battle Droid - efs
07 Boba Fett - Kamino Escape - efs
08 Tusken Raider - Female w/Child - efs
09 Captain Typho - Padmé's Head of Security - efs
10 Shaak Ti - Jedi Master - efs
11 Battle Droid - Arena Battle (brown - efs)
12 Plo Koon - Arena Battle - efs
13 Jango Fett - Kamino Escape - efs
14 R2-D2 - Coruscant Sentry - efs
15 Geonosian Warrior - efs
16 Dexter Jettster - Coruscant Informant - efs
17 Clone Trooper - efs
18 Zam Wesell - Bounty Hunter - efs
19 Royal Guard - Coruscant Security - efs
20 Saesee Tiin - Jedi Master - efs
21 Nikto - Jedi Knight - efs
22 Anakin Skywalker - Hangar Duel - efs
23 Yoda - Jedi Master - efs
24 Jar Jar Binks - Gungan Senator - efs
25 Taun We - Kamino Cloner - efs
26 Luminara Unduli - Jedi Master - efs
27 Count Dooku - Dark Lord - efs
28 Mace Windu - Geonosian Rescue - efs
29 Luke Skywalker - Bespin Duel - efs
30 Darth Vader - Bespin Duel - efs
31 Jango Fett - Final Battle - efs
32 Qui-Gon Jinn - Jedi Master - efs
33 Endor Rebel Soldier (w/goatee - efs, no goatee - eoc)
34 Massif w/Geonosian Warrior - efs
35 Orn Fre Taa - efs
36 Obi-Wan Kenobi - Jedi Starfighter Pilot - efs
37 Han Solo - Endor Raid - efs
38 Chewbacca - Cloud City Capture - efs
39 Supreme Chancellor Palpatine - eoc
40 Djas Puhr - Alien Bounty Hunter - eoc
41 Padme Amidala - Coruscant Attack - eoc
42 Darth Maul - Sith Training - eoc
43 Anakin Skywalker - Tatooine Attack - eoc
44 Ki-Adi-Mundi - Jedi Master - eoc
45 Ephant Mon - Jabba's Head of Security - eoc
46 Teemto Pagalies - eoc
47 Jango Fett - Slave1 Pilot - eoc
48 Destroyer Droid - eoc
49 Clone Trooper Pilot - eoc
50 Watto - Mos Espa Junk Dealer - eoc
51 Lott Dod - Neimodian Senator - eoc
52 Tusken Raider w/Massiff - eoc

action figures - deluxe:
Anakin Skywalker - Slashing Action w/Geonosian - eoc, aic
C-3PO - Droid Factory Assembly Line - eoc, aic
Darth Tyranus - w/Force Flipping Action - efs
Flying Geonosian Warrior - w/Sonic Blaster & Attack Pod - efs
Jango Fett - w/Electronic Jetpack & Snap-On Armor - efs
Mace Windu - w/Blast Apart Battle Droid (both brown and red droid) - efs
Nexu - w/Snapping Jaw & Attack Roar - eoc, aic
Obi-Wan Kenobi - w/Force Flipping Action - efs
Yoda - w/Force Powers & Super Battle Droid - eoc, aic

attack beasts:
Acklay - efs
Reek - efs

cantina sets:
Greedo - eoc, (aic, efs?)
Momaw Nadon - eoc, (aic, efs?)
Ponda Baba - eoc, (aic, efs?)

other:
Commander Jorg Sacul - eoc

playsets:
Geonosian Arena - efs

vehicles:
Anakin Skywalker's Speeder - efs
Imperial Shuttle - eoc
Jango Fett's Slave1 - efs
Landspeeder w/Luke Skywalker - eoc, aic
Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter w/R2-D2 - eoc, aic
Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter - efs
Republic Gunship - efs
Zam Wesell's Speeder - efs

want/need:
25th anniversay: Darth Vader - 2002 NYC toy fair
action figures - basic 2002: 11 Battle Droid (red), 53 Yoda - Jedi Council, 54 Rebel Trooper (Tantive IV Defender),
55 [upc 84994] Imperial Officer, 55(56) [upc 84995] Eeth Koth (Jedi Master), 57 Teebo
action figures - deluxe: Anakin Skywalker - w/Force Flipping Action, Clone Trooper - w/Speeder Bike & Snap-On Armor,
Commerce Guild Spider Droid, Destroyer Droid, Jango Fett - Kamino, Obi-Wan Kenobi - Kamino, Super Battle Droid Builder
cantina sets: Dr. Evazan, Kitik Keed'kak, Wuher
death star trash compactor: Luke Skywalker & Han Solo, Princess Leia & Chewbacca
other: Holiday Edition (R2-D2 & C-3PO), Endor Rebels (Troop Builder Set), Sandtroopers (Troop Builder Set),
Stormtroopers (Troop Builder Set), Lott Dod & Nute Gunray (Hologram Two-Pack)
scene packs: Geonosis War Room, Jedi Council
vehicles: A-Wing w/Rebel Pilot, Geonosian Speeder Bike w/Darth Tyranus,
Sandcrawler w/Jawa & Droid, Swoop Bike w/Anakin Skywalker, TIE Bomber w/Imperial Pilot

action figures - basic 2003:
01 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Acklay Battle)
02 Mace Windu (Arena Confrontation)
03 Darth Tyranus (Geonosian Escape)
04 Padmé Amidala (Droid Factory Chase)
05 SP-4 & JN-66 (Research Droids)
06 Tusken Raider (Tatooine Camp Ambush)
07Anakin Skywalker (Secret Ceremony)
08 Boba Fett (Pit of Carkoon)
09 R2-D2 (Droid Factory Flight)
10 Lama Su w/Clone Youth
11 Aayla Secura (Jedi Knight)
12 Barriss Offee (Luminara Unduli Padawan)
13 Han Solo (Hoth Gear)
14 Chewbacca (Mynock Hunt)
15 Yoda & Chian (Bear Clan)
16 Ashla & Jempa (Bear Clan)
17 Luke Skywalker (Throne Room Duel)
18 Darth Vader (Throne Room Duel)
19 Snowtrooper
20 Jango Fett (Kamino Escape) (repack) [original: saga 2002]
21 C-3PO (repack) [original: potf - fb]
22 Padmé Amidala (Wedding Dress)
23 Wat Tambor
24 Coleman Trebor
25 Darth Maul (repack) [original: potf - masters... two-pack]
26 Princess Leia Organa (repack) [original: potf - ff]
27 Han Solo (repack) [original: potf - ct]
Captain Antilles #?
General Jan Dodonna #?
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight) #? [2004]

2003 basic - alphabetical
Aayla Secura (Jedi Knight) 11
Anakin Skywalker (Secret Ceremony) 07
Ashla & Jempa (Bear Clan) 16
Barriss Offee (Luminara Unduli's Padawan) 12
Boba Fett (Pit of Carkoon) 08
C-3PO (repack) [original: potf - fb] 21
Captain Antilles #?
Chewbacca (Mynock Hunt) 14
Coleman Trebor 24
Darth Maul (repack) [original: potf - masters... two-pack] 25
Darth Tyranus (Geonosian Escape) 03
Darth Vader (Throne Room Duel) 18
General Jan Dodonna #?
Han Solo (repack) [original: potf - ct] 27
Han Solo (Hoth Gear) 13
Jango Fett (Kamino Escape) (repack) [original: saga 2002] 20
Lama Su w/Clone Youth 10
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight) # ? (2004)
Luke Skywalker (Throne Room Duel) 17
Mace Windu (Arena Confrontation) 02
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Acklay Battle) 01
Padmé Amidala (Droid Factory Chase) 04
Padmé Amidala (Wedding Dress) 22
Princess Leia Organa (repack) [original: potf - ff] 26
R2-D2 (Droid Factory Flight) 09
Snowtrooper 19
SP-4 & JN-66 (Research Droids) 05
Tusken Raider (Tatooine Camp Ambush) 06
Wat Tambor 23
Yoda & Chian (Bear Clan) 15

jjreason
03-19-2003, 01:54 PM
Great accounting system, SQ. Funny how we all come up with some system to organize. What geeks we truly are........:D

I have extras of the Imp Officer and Rebel Tantive Defender on card, with more of each on the way. You want, I can bring them to TO when I come. The cost me 6US plus shipping each, Id be happy with 20CDN for the pair. Let me know!

seth_quinn
03-19-2003, 02:35 PM
thanks. you know how it is, anything to avoid actually getting any work done.
with or without side burns? I'm a porkchop kinda guy myself so if they've got the pipes, done deal. got any other goodies you want to haul along with you?
also, want me to grab a dlx geo for you on the unlikely chance that they're all gone in a month?

jjreason
03-19-2003, 06:24 PM
Oh, that's okay. Hold off, I'll hunt one down (Im hoping to feel the thrill of finding something for MYSELF for once!!!!).

The Imp Officer is the 2nd one, light brown hair with no big chops.

The Rebel is the black haired 3rd one with no chops. Unfortunately, it looks as though Elvis has left my collection.

pegger
04-14-2003, 09:12 AM
In an effort to bring the topic up again....

Went to Zellers, Walmart, TRU and Sears on the weekend.

Found the following -

In Zellers, Walmart and Sears - not one peg...not even an empty peg, for Star Wars stuff....

TRU - TONS of crappy POTJ figs (like 100 Shmi's) and TONS of the older Saga figures (i.e. first release stuff) The newest fig hanging was the deluxe geonosian....(figure wise, newest one was Orn Ta)

sad sad day....:-(

Couldn't find any transformers are TRU - there was a sale on...still looking for a Commorative Series Starsceam...has anyone seen one?

jjreason
04-14-2003, 02:37 PM
I can keep my eyes open. In London they had tons of some of the series III commemorative figures, Jazz, the silver car and one of the Jets (but I think it's Thundercracker, not Starscream) and the Optimus Prime looking car carrier or whatever that other truck was. I have found nothing of interest SW wise in 3 WalMarts, 2 TRU's and various other places. I did find myself a cool Twilight Ringwraith in Barrie, as well as a tough to get Away Team Andorian for a Star Trek geek friend of mine. Now those are neat figures to be sure. Still hoping to hook up with a couple of you near TO next week, I'll be in touch!
JJR

seth_quinn
04-15-2003, 09:21 AM
ridiculous isn't it? I just love reading all the posts in the saga forum from people crying or going off on enormous hate hasbro rants because they haven't found anything new This Week. imagine how bad it would be if they all had to live here and were forced to put up with not finding anything new in well over 6 months.

I sure didn't go out of my way, but I did hit a couple of places over the weekend too; with the thinking that toy departments usually stock up a bit for Easter. not so, at least this year.

next time you're in a tru, go to the cs desk and get them to search for anything you can't find in their computer system, they can see what every store in the country has in stock. that's how I got my new x-wing. the drive wasn't bad so I went and got it myself, but if it was in another province I would have just insisted that they had it transferred to my local store. how my do you spend at tru in a year? don't feel bad about making them work for it a bit.

seth_quinn
04-15-2003, 09:32 AM
hey jjr! hope ya had a good trip. that's cool, my schedule is still pretty much totally open so whenever is good with me. out the odd evening to play hockey but usually home otherwise so give a ring when it's convenient.

jjreason
04-23-2003, 01:27 PM
Just found: 2 scruffy lookin' nerf herders in the GTA. Thanks for a fun day, fellas!!

seth_quinn
04-23-2003, 02:08 PM
right back at 'cha!

good times.

Bosskman
04-23-2003, 05:44 PM
I just picked up the Gollum wave of LOTR figures at TRU in Moncton NB. They had about 6 Gollums, but I only found 1 Theoden.

pegger
04-24-2003, 12:34 PM
Was at Zeller's yesterday....

Still nothing....BUT....some peg's were cleared out and labeled "Star Wars Figure" (I think 6...which is WAY up from 0)...

....maybe a sign?????

seth_quinn - quick question.....I finally got my Jorg Sacul....now do I release him from his plastic prison?? (everything else I own is loose).........

still no Starscream....but I hear that Prowl is going to be re-released!!! (one of my fav's....him and Hound)

seth_quinn
04-24-2003, 01:44 PM
hey pegger, was in a few tru's the other day, saw prowl I think, (silver sports car?) for $40 can. quite a few of him and tons of thundercracker(?)

I'm a loose collector too but I think every collection should have a few showcase pieces like Jorg and the silver figures that I will never open. after spending so much to get him, I don't think I'd be happy with him just loose and just mixed in with all the others.

pegger
04-27-2003, 06:22 PM
seth_quinn- The only unopened stuff I have are the Cinema Scenes..and Boba 300....I'm still debating on Jorg...but so farI'll leave him alone.

The silver car is "Silversteak" ACTUALLY it's Bluestreak, but they've re-named him for some stupid reason....Prowl is the Police Car....Must be before your time.... :)

Went to Zeller's (The one I saw with all the empty pegs..) Turned the corner and saw they were all full of Star Wars stuff!!

I was so stoked!!!

Until I got closer.....

Anyone need some Endor Han's or Jar Jar Binks............ :frus:

SO....joined Kebco..........I'm sick of the non-attention that we get....

Go SENS!!!! (and to a lesser extent go Canucks....)

fourtwo
04-29-2003, 10:26 PM
hey seth hit me up in email at hwc42@hotmail.com
cheers.

mabudonicus
04-30-2003, 12:36 PM
Hey pegger- I think they probably had to change the name due to licensing, someone else must have bought the rights to "bluestreak", I'd imagine... Hot Wheels has had that happen a few times, now they just keep the rights to a bunch of names (Hot Bird comes to mind) and use old copyrighted "cool" names on new cars...
I wonder if Casey Kasem still does his voice :)?

jjreason
05-05-2003, 12:42 AM
Pegger, I have access to a couple of Starscreams here in Nanaimo (assuming of course you're looking for the Commemorative series II Starscream). 39.99 plus all taxes, they had 3 about 2 days ago. PM me or post here, I can hook you up.

pegger
05-06-2003, 08:04 PM
jjreason...I should really read this forum more often!

Where at??? TRU?? Are they still there?? - If you could hook a brother up.... I'll PM

Seth-Quinn - Was at Cinema 1 in the Cambridge Mall (right on highway 24 - Off the 401) - They had about 15 Borg Assimilation figs...pretty impressive.... $18.95 each.

jjreason
05-07-2003, 01:23 AM
In accompaniement to my PM, Pegger, yes they're at Toys R Us. I still haven't seen Optimus anywhere, probably too late. I was so close to buying one of the jets (I like Thundercracker's colouring best), but Im not so jazzed about how he looks in bot mode. Kind of silly. Silverstreak and Jazz are about the coolest bots, I've seen (after all, who's gonna display one of these as the vehicle?????) but the price is too stiff for me. Im happy someone here is getting them though.

pegger
05-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Well jjreason...

Transformers originally came out in '84....I was 11 and these were the coolest toys ever! I had a bunch, but realized my dream of owning all the original release ones..... I do have a Starscream (well played with) and some of the others...but the idea of having a brand spanking new one (that I won't open, which is a major change for me...I tear everything open right away to play with them) is something I can't pass up. The fact that they were $12 when I was a kid and $40 now kinda ticks me off.....but hanging on to ones childhood can be an expensive hobby..... ((Plus I make more now than I did when I was 11))

I'll be passing on Red Alert, Inferno, Hoist and Grapple (due out later this year) as they were past my time.... (But a re-release of the Dino-bots, Insecticons and Constructicons would be cool....)

jjreason
05-07-2003, 03:38 PM
Hey Peg Dawg, I PM'd you. Starscream is ready to head east whenever you want. Good deal to, see PM for details....

Mini rant: I don't know how many damned stores in how many cities in 2 provinces and 1 state I've been to in the past month. Many many many Zellers, Wally's, TRU's, etc only to find Sweet F All in terms of new Star Wars figures. This has got to be the most extended, dry spell for Canadians ever (well, since 1995 anyway). Im thoroughly disgusted. It's time for some new damn toys to make it up here guys. Im seriously losing patience, and am moving on to other things. Pick it up, or risk losing my dollars, and many other peoples to US vendors. Sadly, you've already lost much of mine.

pegger
05-08-2003, 04:02 PM
DOH!

"but realized my dream of owning "

Should read - by NEVER realized..... must've been tired that night!

JJR - you are the MAN! Next time you're out this way, I owe you a beer.

Your RANT - I've already given up. This really sticks, because I know I'm just making it more expensive and more difficult to get newer stuff....but there is just no good reason IMO that we are treated so shabbily.

I realize that we are a smaller market, but ship 1/10 of the stuff than what is shipped in the US....It's all about poor distributorship. ("New" cases are put on shelves, but their full of Endor Hans, etc...)

jjreason
05-08-2003, 04:47 PM
Endor Han, yes I could have spent 100.00 easy on that one figure, marked down to 3.82 at Wally's all over - and not moving. Not a good sign about that figure or the line in general. Im going to check the Yestertoys clearance and report back. See you in 2....

jjreason
05-20-2003, 01:24 PM
Nothing new SW wise, but I found a slew of Movie Daredevils from the Marvel Legends line at my TRU here in beautiful Nanaimo. I also walked away from my WalMart with the LOTR deluxe 9 pack featuring each member of the Fellowship in all their plastic glory. Very nice.

In talking with a TRU employee (read: knowitall goofball), I've been led to believe that my store won't get 2003 Star Wars in at all. "We don't carry it unless there's a movie out." was his take. I calmly discussed with him the merits of ordering LESS of the opening waves of the line next time, so that they could move more units for years after the next movie, but he seemed pretty dim about the whole thing "Yeah, well we sell so much of it when the movie's out, then get on with the next big thing. Like the matrix...." blah blah blah. Not getting it at all - and not selling so much of anything. They had literally tons of figures in stock, all for 8.99. If you're going to devote that much aisle space to a line, shouldn't you make sure you're stocking at least a few figures that are going to move? God bless.... a few new figures strewn into the mix here and there would really help move the old pcs. If I could buy a new Imperial officer sculpt there, I'd be much more likely to pick up an extra battle droid/geonosian/tusken mom to help them clear the way. I don't know if Im the only person like this or not, but I suspect not.

Sorry to go on and on, but I find it depressing that no 2003 stuff is on the way. Come on Walmart, you're our only hope.

pegger
06-13-2003, 04:10 PM
Did anyone see those pics on Galactic hunter of Hoth Han...in a Canadian package......................

could it be?????????

jjreason
06-13-2003, 11:26 PM
Don't count your chickens before you fry the sausages.

haggis
06-14-2003, 01:39 AM
Don't get your hopes up. Apparently, it's 'trilogo' packaging, not Canadian. It is the packaging we would get if we were getting any new figures. You may find these at places like Bountyhunter Toys, the Outerreaches and Legends Action Figures.
I don't even bother looking in 'regular' stores for SW stuff anymore. Too depressing.

pegger
06-20-2003, 10:32 AM
I don't know if I'm the only one...but if any one else cares...

I got a "Prowl" at TRU yesterday..(Atleast Hasbro is shipping SOMETHING.....rather see some SW stuff though)...

Has anyone seen Red Alert or Skywarp in their areas?

jjreason
06-21-2003, 03:39 PM
Hey Pegger, just PM'd you about these, they're all out here in Nanaimo.

I "just found" a delivery slip in my mail box, and picked up my latest SW stuff from Kebco - everything came in great shape. Here's the breakdown:

Obi Wan Acklay battle
Mace Windu (total control) Geo. Confrontation
Count Dooku Geo. Battle
Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon
R2D2 Droid Factory Flight
Anakin Skywalker Secret Ceremony

The figure I'm most impressed with of these so far is Ani, finally an acceptable face, and the robe (though soft plastic) looks great. Very nice. The Boba Fett stands out as well, though that knee is a little weird (bends below the joint?) and the rehashed (from pilot jango) action feature isn't needed. The others are good too, Im just so happy to have new stuff!

Also got the first 4 deluxe figures (SBD builder, 2 Spider Droids, and Jango and Obi Wan Kamino battle figures). As per usual, deluxe leaves me a little "meh", because of the cost. Glad we have Kebco as an option though, or I'd have none of this stuff most likely.

*NOTICE TO CANADIANS* I have an extra Rebel Tantive IV defender (black hair), and an extra 2003 Tusken Raider on Saga Cards, in great shape. If you need this figures, PM me and we'll work out a fair price.

pegger
06-21-2003, 06:01 PM
jj - The Prowl really brings memories flooding back....Now I'm (patiently) waiting for Hound to be re-released...and hoping that Soundwave comes out soon (Takara is releasing it)...

anyways...back to SW. - How are the deluxe figures? As a reforming completionist (thanks to no distribution and sucky figures, and stupid re-releases) are there any must haves, or are they all pretty "meh"....(i.e. I'm holding off now until they are $7 bucks or so on-line (I figure 12 months)

jjreason
06-21-2003, 11:25 PM
Ha! We had Hound. My brother got that one, I got the original Optimus, it was pretty great. Too bad I missed the bus on that one. The deluxe figures have their problems, as per usual they're never worth the price of 2 basics. How hard can it be to make sure Jango's helmet fits well enough so that skin doesn't show? Stupid crap like that. I like the Spider Droids, and the Obi Wan figure is quite good, but the SBD builder was a bad idea, and I'll never use it to avoid having to clean the play doh off. The only redeeming thing is that you get a crusher for your factory assembly line diorama.

seth_quinn
06-23-2003, 03:15 PM
"Obi Wan - Acklay battle, Mace Windu - Geo. Confrontation,
Count Dooku - Geo. Battle & Anakin Skywalker - Secret Ceremony"

you just got these from your kebco pre-order? where they holding them back, waiting to add the dlx sets to make the shipping more worth while? if not, hope they were all on pristine cards. I ordered these four from their non-mint card section and recieved them well over a month ago. and none of them were really in any worse condition than most of what you find hanging on pegs at retail.

jjreason
06-24-2003, 12:30 AM
Yep, they just came. They were mailed May 7 after being held since the beginning of April (I was moving, and had asked them to hold until I notified them of my new address). They got hung up in customs for nearly 4 weeks as well, while they investigated the true value of the pkg (that's what they told me on the phone). Finally the stuff got here, and my Customs fee was only 14 bucks. I can live with that. Next up are the 2 speeders, 2 dlx clones, a redecco Yoda and an extra Tusken w Massiff for my diorama Ill never make. Im spendy.

seth_quinn
06-24-2003, 09:42 AM
"Im spendy" rotflmao

4 weeks in customs? brutal. least it explains why I got mine first.

they have dlx clones? like with speeder bikes? did you pre-order them ages ago? how much each? Im asky.

jjreason
06-25-2003, 07:36 PM
Ask away my friend. I kept checking Kebco for this piece, then finally one day they had them. I put 2 in my cart, and it magically disappeared (disapparated if you're reading Harry Potter) from the stock lists. There but for the grace of the blasphemous plastic gods went I on that day. Im eager to see them, as they never got up here - even though the others in that assortment did (remember the ever popular Dlx Geo and double slashing Ani). I got them for the regular Kebco dlx price, which I think is 12.99 apiece? Im not sure, but it was close to that. Happy day for sure.

seth_quinn
06-25-2003, 09:26 PM
funny, that's happened to me as well, (getting the last of kebco stock). nice score for sure, I'm still trying to find 3 in one place (anticipating the repaint gunship)

so after spouting off for ages about nothing coming here this year, I was milling around legends & outer limits the other day and what did I find? 03 figs available on tri card backs. maybe there is still hope yet. not that most of us haven't found all this stuff elsewhere already.

Bosskman
06-25-2003, 10:48 PM
I got prowl at TRU in Saint John NB. I also finally gave in and bought some SW Lego. It was all half price or less. It was pointless to resist all those years ago when they married up two of my favorite things: lego and Star Wars.

jjreason
06-26-2003, 06:45 PM
What 03 figures did they have on trilogo SQ? The first few figures, or were they the newer "gold stripe" (like Han Hoth) models? Just wondering what we'd see if our stores did get something....

seth_quinn
06-27-2003, 01:49 AM
it was a mix, some early - obi/acklay b., mace/t-control, and some new like han/hoth. I think I counted about 5/6 in all, most likely 6 making up a unique tri case ***. w/ 2 of each.

also, was downtown today so I stopped by the snail. new deluxe - $22, latest figures with lots of selection for $14 inc. blonde imp of note. the dlx could be worse but that's $16 out the door for figures. a bit much I think. ...I have a friend that lives within spitting distance of the store and I'm down there quite a bit for the next few weeks abusing his g4 for this large graphic job I'm doing. if anyone is looking for anything and wants it so bad they're willing to pay ss prices, post here or pm me.

jjreason
06-28-2003, 05:13 AM
I'd do 14 plus tx and ship for the blonde Imp. Im getting antsy about that figure. Let me know if there's any left next visit...
JR

it was a mix, some early - obi/acklay b., mace/t-control, and some new like han/hoth. I think I counted about 5/6 in all, most likely 6 making up a unique tri case ***. w/ 2 of each.

also, was downtown today so I stopped by the snail. new deluxe - $22, latest figures with lots of selection for $14 inc. blonde imp of note. the dlx could be worse but that's $16 out the door for figures. a bit much I think. ...I have a friend that lives within spitting distance of the store and I'm down there quite a bit for the next few weeks abusing his g4 for this large graphic job I'm doing. if anyone is looking for anything and wants it so bad they're willing to pay ss prices, post here or pm me.

seth_quinn
06-29-2003, 12:02 PM
had quite a few. will pick up for you most likely Wed. need any other strays like a teebo?

jjreason
06-30-2003, 01:18 AM
had quite a few. will pick up for you most likely Wed. need any other strays like a teebo?

I don't, thanks though. Once I get the blonde Imp and the red haired rebel (which I just made a deal for) I'm done 2002 (and won't be getting the repacks).

For 2003, Im supposed to be getting a 14 figure box from Kebco (!!!!!!!!!!) here within the next few weeks, they've notified me it will be getting shipped here shortly - with Wat Tambor and Coleman Trebor aboard! How cool is THAT??? :crazed:

seth_quinn
07-01-2003, 09:55 AM
then you're done '02. pm me you new address so I can send him to you.

10+ days are great. it's like you're daring fate to throw something bad your way to wipe the s-eating grin off your face.

Bosskman
07-04-2003, 10:45 PM
I just heard that somebody found the new wave of MOTU villains ant a TRU in Toronto. The hunt......is on........

jjreason
07-04-2003, 11:00 PM
I just heard that somebody found the new wave of MOTU villains ant a TRU in Toronto. The hunt......is on........

I can keep an eye out. Who's new? We get lots here, and they pegwarm. Victoria had just tons of MOTU stuff, but I wouldn't know who to get, unless someone posts in here looking for stuff....

SQ - that's AWESOME!!! Sorry I didn't see this post, my address has been PM'd your way. Feel free to crack him and put him in the smallest bubble mailer with his gun, that suits me fine.

Bosskman
07-05-2003, 08:12 AM
The new ones are Two-Bad, Whiplash, and Fire Armor Skeletor. I'll be checking all 3 TRU's in this province of New Brunswick today for them. Them and Star Wars legos.

pegger
07-05-2003, 09:24 AM
I "just found" Anakin's Swoop and Tyranus' Speeder - in a parcel from PAF.

On a "Canadian" side...I ordered a package of Action Fleet vehicles from Legends...and got it in a week! I would order from them again...atleast they're Canadian!! (CDN prices, and flat shipping Canada....and the prices aren't too bad either.....)

Going to TRU in Mississagua tomorrow...(maybe to find a Skywarp....)

jjreason
07-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Where is Legends, Pegger? I was just down in Victoria last weekend (very nice, by the way) and found two comic shops for myself. One was called Legends, I believe, but they didn't have much in the way of toys. The other one was called Yellowjackets or something. Both good places that will warrant follow up visits. The second place had an Ephant Mon on the wall carded for 35 CDN. Expensive, but at least he's there for that guy who just can't get one elsewhere.

I'll be looking for the villains in Nanaimo, Bosskman, but don't have any plans on getting back to Victoria within the next few weeks. Post here if you do find them so I can "call off the dogs" :D .

seth_quinn
07-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Legends is a shop in Montreal (http://www.legendsactionfigures.com/) yeah, their prices are alright (all Canadian $) and they do do flat rate shipping ($7/8) they're the guys I got my new speeder bikes from (ani/tyran) the other thing I noticed was some sort of points accumulation on my invoice, don't know what that's all about. anybody?...

pegger
07-05-2003, 06:31 PM
I noticed that too (the points)....I'm not sure....

Maybe they're like Jedi Points (Hasbro's) :crazed:

oh yeah...seth_quinn is right about the shop tho..Montreal

haggis
07-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Found R2 Droid Factory flight and 'Flex' Mace Windu Arena Confrontation at Hamilton TRU today. These and others have been found in London also. Both had the little catalogue in the bubble. $8.99 each.
This is a promising sign!

jjreason
07-07-2003, 11:14 PM
***WONK WONK WONK WOOOOOOOP WOOOOOOP WOOOOOOOOOOP WEEEeeeeee WEEEEeeeee WWEEEEEEeeeee ERRRRRK ERRRRRK ERRRRRK***

NEW FIGURES HAVE BEEN FOUND IN CANADA, REPEAT...NEW FIGURES HAVE BEEN FOUND IN CANADA!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS HUGE NEWS (okay, I need to chill out because I have these figures) BUT IT'S STILL FRICKIN' HUGE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay. I'm okay *pant pant* sorry about that gang, it's been awhile since we've actually HAD a new figures found post in here re. star wars stuff, and I kind of blew a gasket. I guess I should make the 2003 list after all. As per usual, please report in when you find something at regular Canadian Retail, where, and how much. This will help us all in our searches, at least that's the plan. I'll start with wave 1 of collections 1 and 2 from this year, with any luck they'll be checked off quick and we can get onto the newer stuff.

2003 BASICS (these are the figures I have so far anyway, from Collections 1 and 2)

1. Obi Wan Kenobi - Acklay Battle
2. R2D2 - Droid Factory Flight FOUND! TRU
3. Mace Windu - Geonosian Conflict FOUND! TRU
4. Anakin Skywalker - Secret Ceremony FOUND! TRU
5. Darth Tyranus - Final Geonosis Battle
6. Boba Fett - Pit of Carkoon
7. Padme Amidala - Droid Factory Chase
8. Tusken Raider - Tatooine Ambush
9. Jedi Library Research Droids

And the buggers that got these now have figures I don't have.......

10. Han Solo - Hoth Rescue FOUND! TRU
11. Chewbacca - Mynock Hunt FOUND! TRU

2003 DELUXE
1. Super Battle Droid Builder set
2. Spider Droid
3. Obi Wan Kenobi - Kamino Showdown
4. Jango Fett - Kamino Showdown

As per Haggis' post, the hits were in SW Ontario at Hamilton and London. Eyes peeled gang....... :happy:

pegger
07-08-2003, 12:34 PM
So..FULL of excitement I took my lunch to go to TRU....(in Kitchener)

nothin............

i'm gonna mope around now for most of the afternoon......

Croaker
07-09-2003, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I checked downtown toronto and there was nothing.

Nice to see that we are getting some new stuff.
I think that I've gone to a pick and choose style now. Mostly new characters.

jjreason
07-10-2003, 12:01 AM
Yeah, good we're getting it finally. The more I think about it though, the more I've got that "too little, too late" feeling. I wonder how many collectors that don't pipe up in here were lost over the past year? How many Canadians (and sadly, how many kids?) were hooked last April only to be let down by our retailers' inability to keep new stock coming in? What a horror of mismanagement this past year has been, I don't think there's been anything like this - as a matter of fact I know there hasn't been - since the line started back up again in 95. I don't think Hasbro Canada can possibly comprehend the blow they've dealt to this hobby here. What a shame.

I do wish all of us luck over the next month or so, may you all get those figures you want most!!!

Oh, and let's work together gang. If anyone really wants a particular piece terribly badly and it's not showing up - PM me. I've got a couple of good connections down south that can make things happen.

mabudonicus
07-10-2003, 12:37 PM
I'll check TRU St.Catharines today and report:)!!
Yes, JJ, even around Niagara there were a few people who were real into it until the "dark times"... Count Dooku and ChronicJedi are 2 that come to mind.. haven't seen them in a while.. and look at what happen to Freemore!!!

pegger
07-10-2003, 07:28 PM
On the way home from work tonight, I stopped by the TRU in Kitchener.

The had:

2 R2-D2 Factory Flight
1 Boba Fett - Pit of Carkoon
1 Chewbacca - Mynock Hunt....

all Tri-lingual and with inserts!

No longer moping!!!

On a sad note...I've pre-ordered all of these from Kebco - and will now have to wait patiently......but I see what jj is getting at...even those that haven;t given up may have bought elsewhere

jjreason
07-10-2003, 08:47 PM
Quick update after Peg-Dawg's find...

1. Obi Wan Kenobi - Acklay Battle
6. Boba Fett - Pit of Carkoon FOUND! TRU

And the buggers that got these now have figures I don't have.......

2003 DELUXE
2. Spider Droid

seth_quinn
07-11-2003, 09:35 AM
croaker - where did you check downtown? just one of the tru's or elsewhere? [btw - have you noticed those 2 gunships buried deep way in the back corner of the sw stuff in the yonge/queen-ish tru? I'm hoping they'll stay that way until they hit rock bottom clearance if you know what I mean ;)] I was in the Snail at about 5/6 on Wed and they were just unpacking their first shippment of clone wars cards. I'm back in the area today so I'm gonna swing back in and see how many are left just for fun. and since you've all got me tru-curious I think I'll head out a bit early and hit 2 or 3 on my way downtown, reports to follow. physically went to the Outer Reaches yesterday, (oops, I've been calling them outer limits, how embarassing) great shop, tons, that's Tons of stuff, good pricing, and had a nice chat with Lesley (total sweetheart) if you're looking for anything sw or not, consider them http://www.theouterreaches.com/ yeah, so sad to see how some have dropped off, don't forget to light a candle and add Jerjerrod to the list. jjr - I'd been holding off shipping 'cause I was gonna ask if you wanted a h-han and a my-chewie too but since they're now available on tri, I figured you'll be getting them that way, I send out blondie on monday. on that note, I'm all for trying to do better with helping each other. I suggest starting a Canadains helping Canadians thread here where we can all post and edit lists of what we're looking for.

pegger
07-12-2003, 04:22 PM
I'm SO happy now that new figs are showing up! It turns my trips into TRU so much more fun!!!!

Today I went (in Kitchener) and they had a Kenobi (Acklay Battle)

So did we miss out on the last wave of last year?????

Croaker
07-12-2003, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I was only at the TRU on yonge.
There was nothing new there.
But I did score on Muppets at that location however.

I did break down and buy
Jedi kids
Anikin Ceremony
Wat Tambor
Coleman
aayla
bariss

from Silver Snail. Spent Waaay too much money.

jjreason
07-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Another find...and yes, Pegger, I'm quite sure now that we won't see the last few figures from last year up here, including Ephant Mon. What a shame. Nothing new in Nanaimo yet, been there twice in the past week.

BASICS
1. Obi Wan Kenobi - Acklay Battle FOUND! TRU
6. Boba Fett - Pit of Carkoon FOUND! TRU

DLX
2. Spider Droid

I also just read an update at Snowtroopers.ca indicating these same new figures were found in TRU Victoria - bringing things to the west coast. Good news for all of us late risers......

mabudonicus
07-13-2003, 09:18 AM
Too bad it seems to have just reversed things, as this area, once lush, now seems dry... Ahhh, Hasbro must know I'm currently broke, I guess;)!!!

jjreason
07-13-2003, 10:42 PM
Still nothing in Nanaimo, at TRU or anywhere. We have the absolute worst WalMart I have ever seen for action figure toys. They have absolutely none of the following:

Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
Marvel Legends
McFarlance (Matrix or otherwise)

Nothing. None. Nadaa. How the hell do you expect to sell friggin toys when you don't have any in the g*ddamned store, people??? Anyone??? Jesus......

Croaker
07-14-2003, 11:30 AM
jjreason I agree completely.
I'd been meaning to post something about this.
The only thing that they seem to have is bleedin' hulk toys!
Talk about a waste of a trip!

There's plently of Star Wars, LOTR, MUppets and others that I need!

jjreason
07-14-2003, 01:18 PM
I honestly think I could do a pretty good job managing the toy dept at one of these places - provided I could have some say in what was hitting the shelves. The action figure aisle is so heavy with Power Rangers, it's incredible. They never seem to sell (or they're selling so bloody fast they have to keep getting them in - I can't really see that being the case). The key to keeping things moving is having at least SOME stock on hand, and getting in new stuff as often as possible. Those huge orders that clog things up just don't make any sense at all.

pegger
07-14-2003, 01:51 PM
Sorry jj - I hate to do this.....

but I went to TRU AGAIN today (the boss is gone this week, and I was bored...and it's not too far away)...

and I found a ....Destroyer Droid! (now..maybe not too excting in and of itself...but it was part of the Ephant Mon, Yoda, Anakin - Tatooine wave that never made it here at all).

It was also tri-logo with an insert!

They also have been getting many LOTR figs...any in particular that you're looking for? I can keep an eye out for you - (I feel like I owe you one for Starscream!)

jjreason
07-14-2003, 04:51 PM
Sorry jj - I hate to do this.....

Hey, don't hate the playa - hate the game...... :rolleyes: :D

2002 Basic Figures Not Found

Anakin Skywalker - Tatooine Attack
Ephant Mon
Yoda - Jedi High Council
Destroyer Droid - Arena Battle FOUND! TRU
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saga Imperial Officer (head B - light brown hair, no burns)
Saga Imperial Officer (head C - blonde hair, sideburns)
Saga Teebo
Saga Eeth Koth
Saga Rebel Fleet Trooper (head B - red hair, sideburns)
Saga Rebel Fleet Trooper (head C - black hair, no burns)
Saga Battle Droid - Arena Battle (B - red version)

So that's where we stand. Also, no deluxe Clone with Bike reported found up here, either.

Oh, and Pegger, was this thing on Trilogo? I'm always suspicious of people getting them from elsewhere and returning them for cash to an unsuspecting and ignorant Canadian TRU employee... (not that I'D ever do anything like that, heavens no........).

pegger
07-14-2003, 06:34 PM
jj- yup. 1st thing I checked, as I was kinda shocked to see it.

BTW - Tri-logo-ing the figs is probably the smartest thing that Hasbro did...

jjreason
07-14-2003, 06:47 PM
Most excellent. We'll have to see if any of the others show up. I don't have any idea whether or not they were showing up in any of the new case assortments down south, but I guess I could go have a check on the forums here.....

jj- yup. 1st thing I checked, as I was kinda shocked to see it.

BTW - Tri-logo-ing the figs is probably the smartest thing that Hasbro did...

Croaker
07-14-2003, 08:25 PM
I also found the Destroyer.
Along with Han (hoth) Chewie (myn) and R2.
I left the R2 there cause it looked like crap.

They were all tri-logo

seth_quinn
07-15-2003, 03:32 AM
worst..r2..ever. I thought Lucas approved everything before it goes to production, must have been out back of the ranch chowin' down on some peyote that day.

the o2 destroyer has been a common inclusion in the o3 case assortments so I wouldn't get your hopes up for a tri ephant. sorry.

sorry Pegger, I don't get the tri is good comment. as a country with two official languages, isn't it mandatory vs being an option for them?

btw - here's my tru-quest update. only been able to get to one, Brampton. which I think has only had one sw sale this year, to me when I picked up the dlx geo. they've moved everything out off the prime pegs to the cheapo get rid of it pegs that sit in front of the action figure section (along with the lotr stuff surprisingly) none of it's marked down though so I predict it will all continue to sit there.

nice to see some action going on in here agian.

pegger
07-15-2003, 08:46 AM
sorry Pegger, I don't get the tri is good comment. as a country with two official languages, isn't it mandatory vs being an option for them?

I meant Tri-lingual vs Bi-lingual....

We're more likely to get more figs if they are Tri-lingual (English/French/Spanish) - as these can ship to more countries (i.e. Mexico, etc..)...as opposed to having only English/French cards...which are basically just for Canada...

Reduces "packaging costs" as they can spread the same package design over more units....and not have to re-design the card only for Canada....

my half-baked thoughts anyways....

jjreason
07-15-2003, 01:01 PM
I think everyone in NA but the US gets Trilogo - though some places have stickers applied over the business parts of the card to let the locals have a read. Asian cards I believe are altogether different, but SQ can finalize that because he has one in his case (how do I know, you ask? Ancient Chinese secret :) ).

It would be brilliant if all they made WAS trilogo, that way there'd be no way Hasbro Canada could put the brakes on anything because of the cost of changing the packaging.

seth_quinn
07-16-2003, 11:41 AM
Asian cards, Chinese secret, I get it, ha.

sorry, nothing as exotic as an all foreign language card. looks like just a US card with an age warning sticker in the top right corner on the front and a Japanese text Tomy sticker on the lower third of the back. btw, we're talking about the pair of red battle droids I paid a small fortune for that are virtually worthless since the US versions showed up and became dime-a-dozen about two seconds after mine arrived. grr, same thing happened to me with a pair of UK ephants a month or two earlier. [same deal with them, hasbro UK info sticker on the bottom third of the back].

I don't get the whole tri thing. having one card for the rest of NA makes sense, between regualtions and cost effectivness. but I also have an all Spanish potj break-apart maul. it must be a European card, not Mexican, only explaination. given the percentage of Spanish speaking Americans, hopefully tri cards with one day be the standard for all of NA, that would be sweet and the end of our woes for sure.

mabudonicus
07-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I don't care WHAT language the cards are in... I have been building GUNDAM kits for years, and some of them didn't even have the name of the damn thing printed in english anywheres... I ended up learning how to read katakana just to know what to call em(this goes back before the internet, remember)... it never took anything away from it, since I'd toss the box when the thing was built and painted anyways.... I guess I don't really understand MOMC collecting, is all..... I could see there being issues if the packaging wasn't just an annoyance to me....

mabudonicus
07-24-2003, 02:16 PM
sorry for the b-b posts... just finished checking Zellers fairview and TRU (both st.catharines)
SFA was at zellers, couple leftover accessory sets..
TRU.... 10$ reeks, 34$ starfighters (first one) 12" mace, 3 3/4" lots of senator binks, Cheese3p0 and 1st battle droid... so SFA there too (the abbreviation means "Science Fiction and Anarchy" BTW:))

seth_quinn
07-25-2003, 08:31 AM
zellers eh? the m-man may be on to something there. if wm isn't bringing in anything other than maybe just figures as news around reports (and we've gotta assume same for Canada) maybe a letter writing thing of our own to hbc might convince them to stock since wm won't. they did after all get those target acc. sets we never thought we'd see here.

anybody else see that news post at snowtroopers [http://www.snowtroopers.ca/] that said chinook and hobby west [http://www.chinookandhobbywest.com/] is going to have tri clone pilots @ $5Can. and more notably tri dlx clone bike sets @ $8Can. within the next week? interesting. ...I just checked their site, must have been updated with the last 24 - sure enough, dlx clone tri for $8.00Can. - figures, I just paid $14US, they arrived less than a week ago. f-me that is like the fifth time that's happened.

finally saw some of the o3 figures at tru in Oakville, nothing new other than what's already been reported.

man, what's with all the petty squabbling and ignorant comments in some of the other forums lately? "I'm gonna be prick 'cause I'm having a suck attack 'cause I can't find every little thing I want this instant. hasbro sucks and the retailers suck and you all suck and I'm gonna quit and..." boo-hoo! suck it up and welcome to the life of a collector outside of the 48 states. grow up, and invest in a spell checker while you're at it.

pegger
07-25-2003, 05:28 PM
Does anybody know if we'll be getting the Clone Wars stuff in Canada, or will they be like the EU wave back in'98?

I'd consider maybe getting these, if they show up in Canada, but I'm not to thrilled about buying them on line (i.e. the army builders, etc...)

I love that Walmart thread........I don't think many of those guys could survive living up here in Canada.......

DarthBrandon
07-25-2003, 05:37 PM
Does anybody know if we'll be getting the Clone Wars stuff in Canada, or will they be like the EU wave back in'98?

I'd consider maybe getting these, if they show up in Canada, but I'm not to thrilled about buying them on line (i.e. the army builders, etc...)

I love that Walmart thread........I don't think many of those guys could survive living up here in Canada.......

I think most of us barely survive up here in the collecting world, I'll tell you this though, If I ever win the lotto you guys will see tons of S.W. stuff that I'll personally order and send to you free of shipping. The only thing you'll have to pay for is the figure. (cheap I might add) Like it's ever going to happen but hey the thought counts. :D :crazed:

jjreason
07-26-2003, 12:45 AM
Hehehehe......that's the spirit Brandon, you are a true Canadian!!!!

Here's another thought that counts, and you're not going to believe it for a minute. One of my old US contacts (haven't asked him for a favor for over a year now, thanks to Kebco) contacte ME and asked ME if I'd like a SILVER BOBA FETT!!!!!!!!! And to top it all off, I only have to pay for the shipping. :eek: :happy:

That's correct. Silver Fett, less than 15 bucks Canadian.
:Pirate:

Man, I better not be countin' the chickens on this one........

Jedi Tech
07-26-2003, 01:41 AM
Hehehehe......that's the spirit Brandon, you are a true Canadian!!!!

Here's another thought that counts, and you're not going to believe it for a minute. One of my old US contacts (haven't asked him for a favor for over a year now, thanks to Kebco) contacte ME and asked ME if I'd like a SILVER BOBA FETT!!!!!!!!! And to top it all off, I only have to pay for the shipping. :eek: :happy:

That's correct. Silver Fett, less than 15 bucks Canadian.
:Pirate:

Man, I better not be countin' the chickens on this one........

Well then, that's one of the nicest things I've heard of in a long time, good for you jjreason. I hope I run into some luck like that some time soon. :D

mabudonicus
07-26-2003, 09:52 AM
Right on!!! Not being a fan of the silver figs doesn't diminish the excellence of such an occurrence!!
JediTech, just make contacts and you'll have such a story of yer own, this place is truly great for meeting solid individuals who really do want to help each other out... we complain about sartain things a lot, but it's more of a "what the hell are we gonna do now" style, rather than a "this sucks" style....
I can't recall if I've "seen" you here, so a big "WELCOME" to you, JTech:)!!

Hey, I been thinking, you guys wanna start a "usergroup" in that section???It might result in more Americains etc reading our little want lists and so on... whaddya think??? It never crossed my mind til a couple weeks ago, but it seems like a pretty good idea.... Anyone??

seth_quinn
07-26-2003, 12:38 PM
the big M is just full of good ideas and comments these days. truth about the contacts, I was just out there yangin on about collecting in general and out of the blue one of the other members pm'd me to ask if I wanted the extras out of his cases at cost plus shipping, now that ain't near-gratis silver fett sweet, but supa-sweet none the less. by the time my next box arrives I'll have 2/3's of the o3 figs without really putting in any effort. Canada usergroup? heeellllllllllll ya! I think we sometimes get read and draw more attention than we think. something like that would just make it better.

jjreason
07-26-2003, 05:51 PM
Just imagine, we could all be Canadians instead of Jedi, and instead of that silly lightsaber growing we could have beer bottles filling up with tasty beer after each and every post...... :D

Just tell me what to do. Do we have to start a thread under "Collector's Clubs" or do we have to contact the admin to get a usergroup together?

mabudonicus
07-27-2003, 09:30 AM
Collectors clubs is the way to go... it's taking long enought to get the sith together, there is probably less than zero chanceof getting it totally done up...
Although the beer bottle would be nice... or ya could start with a kingcan, move up through the cases and finally become the raging kegger:)
But yeah, we just start a thread there and I imagine the accidental views would even lead to more contacts.... do it up, I hate starting threads:)

pegger
07-27-2003, 03:22 PM
collectors group - great idea guys! I've gotten some really good tips, and help (from jjreason and seth_quinn in particular) on this board...It'd be great to broaden the scope.

and jjreason - great score! I'm not into the silver figs myself, but it's always great to hear when someone snags an exclusive for cheap!!!

Hey jjreason, I was reading on snowtroopers.ca that the Ultimate Bounty set was showing up on the West Coast??(at TRU) Have you seen anything??? ((I could care less about this set, but maybe we'll be getting Hoth....that'd rock!))

mabudonicus
07-28-2003, 08:04 AM
Alright, it's begun, since no-one else wanted to do it, I have... the Canuckleheads Collecting thread is go in the clubs section

jjreason
07-28-2003, 10:43 AM
You're a star, I'm off to join the ranks right away....

Now what are we going to talk about here? :cry:

I miss it already......

seth_quinn
07-28-2003, 05:41 PM
thanks man, you rock. I'm there.

no worries, we'll still use this for everything else like ... (?)

btw - here's the link to the new thread: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?p=268428

pegger
07-29-2003, 01:57 PM
Speaking abut using this for everything else....

Yesterday a little pegger came!!!

8 lbs 7 ounces
19 inches
name : Justin Noah

from an exceptionally proud father....pegger

seth_quinn
07-29-2003, 04:22 PM
hey man, that's awesome!! mega-congrats to you and mom!

jjreason
07-30-2003, 02:27 AM
:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Amazing, I hope your experience as a new father is every bit as wonderful as mine has been. No greater happiness exists, man. Now get some sleep. :D

Jedi Tech
07-30-2003, 03:29 AM
Speaking abut using this for everything else....

Yesterday a little pegger came!!!

8 lbs 7 ounces
19 inches
name : Justin Noah

from an exceptionally proud father....pegger

Congrats, and enjoy the new journey you are about to embark on, it's quite the exciting time, trust me. :D

Again

congrats bro

mabudonicus
07-30-2003, 09:32 AM
Indeed, congrats man, nice time to have a birthday, not like poor suckers who's b-day is like december 15th and you get burned every year!!
a pair of horns for you and yours, and thanks to your son you will never have to explain new toys ever again...
Congratulations from me and JediElf, take it light!!!
\m/ :) \m/

pegger
08-01-2003, 01:14 PM
Thanks everyone!!

What an amazing feeling! I have to admit that going to TRU has gotten even more exciting now!!

Mabudon...I don't know if you know me, or if that was the force or what, but MY B-day is Dec. 15.........gave me the chills.....

jjreason - thanks for the advice...I haven't been this tired since first year university! (but every waking moment is worth it)

Does anyone know if the Playskool Star Wars sells in Canada?

jjreason
08-02-2003, 01:13 AM
Im pretty sure that I haven't seen it up here, Pegger (and I have a 4yr old, we're in the Playskool area "from time to time" :D ).

Ebay should be a good resource, the line is likely dead (sorry fans), and the sets might be blowing out. I'd check Amazon.com too under TRU, they may have something for a reasonable price.

mabudonicus
08-02-2003, 09:04 AM
Sorry Pegger, that was the Force, honest...
Now yer freakin ME out;)!!!
Really, a buddy ofmine's b-day is the 25th, but I thought that a little too extreme an example....
Did you ever get fully 2x what you woulda gotten, though?!?!?
I don't recall seeing playskool stuff here either, I wouldn't even know what to look for

seth_quinn
08-02-2003, 11:02 AM
even when your birthday is on dec-one you get ripped, trust me.

the gf has a pair of nephews that we shop for and I haven't seen them at retail either, but I have this feeling like I have seen them somewhere. must have been o-reaches or the snail. I'll be keeping my eyes open.

seth_quinn
08-02-2003, 08:16 PM
grabbed a bounty set at Oakville tru today, had at least a 1/2 dozen+ left by late afternoon.
(sitting next to 2 boxes of ser5 mcfar-hockey for those that care)
apparently Hamilton is well stocked too.
called Brampton - not yet.
happy hunting.

haggis
08-03-2003, 02:48 PM
Got the Ultimate Bounty set at Hamilton TRU yesterday. There were still half-a-dozen when I left. Not a bad set if you need any of the figs. I'm digging the speeder bike and the figure stands.

jjreason
08-03-2003, 06:12 PM
Are there any departures between any of the bounty hunters included in this set and their original carded versions? I was of the impression that this set contained only rereleases (besides the bike). True or False?

haggis
08-03-2003, 09:50 PM
Are there any departures between any of the bounty hunters included in this set and their original carded versions? I was of the impression that this set contained only rereleases (besides the bike). True or False?

You are correct, sir! Other than slight variations in the paint application(Aurra and IG-88 seem slightly 'dirtier' in the UB pack compared to their original releases) they are exactly the same. You can never have enough 300th Fetts though!

jjreason
08-04-2003, 05:30 AM
Odd to me they'd repackage that Fett when they just came out with a spankin' new one (they must know that 300th version is the "ultimate" Fett).

What a shame, I'll be getting the Hoth set - and I got the Imp set (which I wasn't very impressed with) based on new figures. Why not dump the new Dengar in the Bounty set and make it a #1 seller? Hmmmmmmmm.................

mabudonicus
08-04-2003, 10:00 AM
Ahhh, more ill-will for ol dengar... mebbe if you read the 5 book series "bandages and dirt- the REAL Dengar" you would like him better:D

Nawww, he just plain stinks... the vintage one is even better than the new one IMHO... I have both... he might make a good road manager for STANSE, but as an sci-fi action figure he doesn't do it for me, elaborate backstory or not ;)
And don't get me started on Aurra Sing... I recall dreading that the fanboys would somehow trick GL into making her a huge part of the PT and that I would have to boycott the films...

seth_quinn
08-04-2003, 10:30 AM
oh but this must be a unique fett, I don't think his backpack has the "firing effect" from the 300 one and he comes with a new mini blaster as well (ooo, aah, whatever.) I think hasbro is banking on the bike as the stand alone selling feature for this set. do you think these figures where recently molded or are they leftovers from previous releases? if it's the latter, it scares me to think the crap we might see in the future once all the already repackaged once saga stuff makes it's way back to them. I wasn't too thrilled either that this set didn't include a new or redone figure, but the bike's pretty cool and 4 figures + a vehicle for $35 tax in is pretty good value comparatively. no surprise with Dengar, why include him when they can hit us up for more $$ later as well. hope they eventually do zuck & lom to round out the hunters, as a 2-pack would be cool like they do with the new joe figures.

DarthBrandon
08-12-2003, 11:03 AM
On a non S.W. note I scored the new Robin and Joker here is S.J. I bought them for my son along with the Superman / Batman two-pack and he seems to like them. Superman does have kind of a stupid grin on his face but otherwise an O.K. figure. The others are pretty good IMO.

P.S. I also spotted the bounty hunter pack at toysrus, I passed on it big time $29.99 for a speeder bike and a new gun was not worth it IMO.

Bosskman
08-13-2003, 06:02 PM
I passed on the UB set too. I saw pleanty of them at TRU in both Saint John and Fredericton. I wonder if we're gonna get the other two sets up here? Those are the ones I want.

DarthBrandon
08-13-2003, 06:10 PM
I passed on the UB set too. I saw pleanty of them at TRU in both Saint John and Fredericton. I wonder if we're gonna get the other two sets up here? Those are the ones I want.

I hear you Bosskman, the other two are the only ones I want, I hope they sell out so we can get a chance at the others.

seth_quinn
08-15-2003, 11:22 AM
well that was fun. anybody else got their power back? mine came on at about 5am, lots of others near by are still out though. heard prices at the pump got jacked due to "increased demand", what total bs, way to show your true colours in the wake of a crisis.

just got an email from legends, pre-order tie and a-wing will be shipping in the next few days and they lowered the tie $5 to match the wing at $45

just curious, what's everyone's current stategy to get ahold of all that isn't coming here?

pegger
08-15-2003, 10:43 PM
well that was fun. anybody else got their power back? mine came on at about 5am, lots of others near by are still out though. heard prices at the pump got jacked due to "increased demand", what total bs, way to show your true colours in the wake of a crisis.

just got an email from legends, pre-order tie and a-wing will be shipping in the next few days and they lowered the tie $5 to match the wing at $45

just curious, what's everyone's current stategy to get ahold of all that isn't coming here?

Didn't get our's back till 10:00 am....had a BIG bar-b-q in the afternoon......saw the line ups for gas out here too....glad I filled up on Wednesday.

been debating on the TIE and A-Wing....seems a lot to spend on a figure tho (I only want Arvid)

My strategy........tie between Kebco and Legends.....

I also ordered some figs from Bounty Hunter Toys a couple of weeks ago. The guy was great, real helpful, fast and friendly. I'd recommend him.

pegger
08-16-2003, 07:18 PM
UPDATE to the list!!!!!

So...the family went on a trip to TRU (it'll be my son's second home)...

they had the Battle Droid Builder and Spider Droid Deluxe figs.....

Maybe the plan will be .... wait????? (ok....I'm still on cloud nine)

:)

jjreason
08-16-2003, 11:32 PM
No kidding? Still nothing new here, other than the brief apperance of those Bounty Hunter 4 packs. Sold out right quick, which should make the manager say "Hmmm, maybe we should get some more." right? Wrong. I asked. "Mmmm...probably not." What? They sold TOO fast? Might as well get some more god damned Power Rangers crap in. :rolleyes: :mad:

Glad you guys in Ontario are striking it rich though. I was moderately pleased with both of those pieces, Pegger, how 'bout you? The droid stamper from the builder set is surprisingly solid and hefty.

seth_quinn
08-17-2003, 06:09 PM
brampton tru, what waste of time. finally have bounty sets, buried at the bottom of a shelf in a corner. yeah, that's the way to get them to move.

how come the star wars stuff doesn't move? duh, I don't know. we move the product to a new part of the store every other week, hide the rare new things and put all the old crap, which we never think to clearance price out the door, on the prime peg space. I can't see what we're doing wrong, can you? ...oh, and in case anybody asks, despite the fact that we have new stuff on our own shelves and other Ontario stores have even newer product, tell people who ask that we're not expecting anything new until the next movie release in 'o5. you freakin' idiots, if you don't know, say so, just don't feed me some bs story.

went to bountyhunter toys yesterday, that's still classified as Hamilton? cripes, more like edge of universe. anyway, they're expecting a big shipment in on tuesday so keep your eyes peeled on their site. (late saga card waves/ new clone card waves)

pegger
08-18-2003, 11:53 AM
seth_quinn - I've only lived out here a few years and knew that Brampton sucked... :)

jjreason - didn't pick up the Super Battle Droid Builder, but it did look impressive. Got the Spider Droid, and after reading all the bashing on it, I'm glad I picked it up. The gimmick works not to bad on it, and it was kind of fun to set him walking across the counter top......

back to seth_quinn - I agree with you on the stupid stocking practices....I mean there is still TONS of POTJ stuff at Kitchener TRU...why not put some on these on CLEARANCE already!!! I don't know, they never seem to clear anything out.

It's also annoying because 95% of the figs that are hanging are from the 1st wave of Saga....all the new stuff FLYS off the shelf. You think that would tell them something.......

I'll be checking out Bounty on Tuesday for sure.......

jjreason
08-18-2003, 11:42 PM
I have an offer for you guys. If you want an A wing, I can get my brother to accept all of the deliveries of them (he lives in Cleveland). I was able to order mine direct from here using his US address for delivery at a cost of 23.99 to my Amex incl shipping (!) - a lot cheaper than getting one from ebay right now. My brother would then be able to bring them up to London when he visits my folks. AFter that, it would have to be determined how they were going to get distributed (guys could come and get them, only 1.5 hrs away) or pay to have them shipped to TO via mail, greyhound, whatever. Just a thought.

SQ, I guess that's a start at answering your question - how to get the stuff. I always try to make complete lists of everything that comes out, including variations ( eg bloody Bespin Luke, Brown and blue Han Hoth, Right and Left gloved new Saga Lukes, etc) along with proposed numbers I'll want of each. My lists are so out of control I wind up with lists of lists.

If Kebco can't do it for me (and they've been really great), then I'll start to resort to other options - including emailing contacts I've made on this board and others (got me that Silver Boba, and pretty much all of POTJ). Finally, I'll resort to ebay If I need cheap army builders or an extra of something new Kebco has run out of. Never say die, I guess :D .

seth_quinn
08-19-2003, 09:48 AM
the problem with that tru is that it's like 3 min. from my gf's brother's place. I know it sucks, I know I'll just end up annoyed in the end, but it's so close I just can't help myself.

that's a good deal on the a-wing, who is that ordered from?

if need be, I'm happy to part of the a-wing railroad. if any of you guys east of me can't make it to London, I'll pick up for you and we can meet up somewhere in the city or something.

bountyhuntertoys has updated but looks they didn't get as much in as they where implying they would.

for anyone that may be interested, the best deal I've seen for the new scene packs at actionfigurexpress (http://store.yahoo.com/actionfigurexpress/starwarscenp1.html) $76 +$23ship. for the set of 4. I did the math and it worked out to $35Can each shipping inc. that still seems a little more than they're worth but far and away cheaper than anybody else is offering them up for.

I hear that, if I got paid for all the time I spend making lists, my collection would pay for itself.

jjreason
08-19-2003, 03:04 PM
www.target.com right from the source. They sell out periodically, so bookmark and return if they don't have them when you check it out. The shipping was only 3.99 on top of the 19.99 for the ship, which is a really good deal in my opinion. I put in my brothers addy for the shipping and my Canadian one for the billing, it went through w no problems. As a matter of fact, my ship is already in the mail, and is scheduled to get to Patrick by Friday! :cool:

PM me if you want his address.

EDIT: picked up the Ultimate Bounty set today at TRU, last one they had. Not sure if they got a new box or if someone returned it, and I don't really care. The bike is pretty cool.

jjreason
08-21-2003, 02:53 AM
Sorry if anyone got excited about new SW stuff, nothing on that tip. My comic store had 2 Smeagols and 2 7" Treebeard figures today in the new blue ROTK packaging. Very nice, but I like the big Treebeard better. They should have made this guy a generic Ent Warrior, and I'd have scooped him up.

pegger
08-22-2003, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the offer jjreason!

You are the man! you'll have to let me know how the ship (and fig) is.

I'm really torn on this one, as I'm trying to limit myself to "movie" only figs and ships....and what the fig. I can always put the ship in my son's "future play box"...if the fig is worth it..........

Give us a heads up when you get it!

jjreason
08-22-2003, 04:50 PM
Emperor Jargo got his recently, and his review of it was pretty favourable (including things like "Better than the shuttle", which led me to believe it's pretty good. He doesn't like anything :D , so I know this ship has to be top-notch to get his approval). I will chime in with my opinion of course, but I may not have it here in my hands for some time. I still don't even have my shuttle here yet, and It got to London back in May.

seth_quinn
08-25-2003, 07:14 PM
yeah, I've got nothing to say... but isn't it exciting when you hit the forums and that little lightsaber is shooting up next this forum?

actually... my a-wing and tie arrived today. the new paint on the wing is pretty impressive and the tie, it's pretty cool to have an acurate pod but man, I'd never really taken a solid look at the wings before - my old one's been buried on a shelf for ages - those wings really are out of scale aren't they?

seth_quinn
08-29-2003, 03:22 PM
well, nearly 2 months and a "friendly email reminder" later, my silver boba finally arrived. and it's actually silver! what's up with that? I thought it would be chrome like the rest and everyone was just referring to it as silver a-la silver aniversary vader/r2. oh well, still looks cool.

jjreason
08-30-2003, 02:50 AM
Still no sight of mine, but the payment has been sent. Im hoping it's in a fair to middlin' package so I can display it cased with my other "promo" figures (ones that just don't have any play value or are too $ to open, like Sacul, that stupid R2 and the Christmas set. Who the hell would open that?).

Silver, like matte finish? No gloss? Not chrome? Hmmmmmmm...... I read somewhere this thing was cast in very soft plastic (obviously from someone who had opened it), not like the other silver figs. That's likely why the chrome paint wasn't applied, as it would crack and shatter if flexed, no?

mabudonicus
08-30-2003, 09:44 AM
I think emperor howdy opened HIS x-mas set :D
I bet Silver Fett is real soft..... ya can't chrome anything as soft as say a SW figure, so if he's exceptionally soft, no way... prolly like them mcfarlane SE figs, dull metal-like colours

seth_quinn
08-30-2003, 06:22 PM
it does have a metalic quality, it's not matte, but it sure ain't chrome either. mine's star-cased, if they end up dime a dozen I may pick up another to open, but for now no way for me to tell how soft it is. from looking at it through the bubble, I would guess it's made from the same plastic/rubber compound as regular fetts. yeah, a good chrome would crack for sure, which is likely why that r2 looks so solid. you didn't like the r2? I thought it was ok (except that legs on backwards f-up) would have been better if they did 3po too so they were a pair. imo in most cases there's just something wrong about r2 alone.

jjreason
08-30-2003, 07:44 PM
Im okay with the looks of him, but for me it has no display or play value if taken out of the package. That's all. Nice to have, but not need to have for my collection (or course I say that having it, not needing it. If I needed it, it would of course be "need" to have :D ). No Clone Wars stuff back there eh?

mabudonicus
08-31-2003, 09:36 AM
Not that I've seen... even new brunswick is way ahead of us from what Brandon told me... the pegs here look like they did when you saw 'em, JJ

DarthBrandon
08-31-2003, 12:38 PM
Not that I've seen... even new brunswick is way ahead of us from what Brandon told me... the pegs here look like they did when you saw 'em, JJ

I wouldn't say way ahead mabudon, the last wave of action figures to hit N.B. was the Palpatine/Djas wave. We did however get the bounty hunter set (tell me why this and not the Imperial wave) which IMO is not worth a new speeder bike like I said in our earlier conversations. We have tons of Clone Gunships (9 is tons in my book) at Toysrus for $49.99; if it goes down to twenty-five bucks I'll score another just for the hell of it. Some of the other lines out there M.L. (slim pickings and mostly over order of series two) MOTU (very hard to find things in this line, New Batman (have all the new ones from this 6" line except for the Batman variants), Justice League (some are hard to find, but I've picked up all of them to date and some for others), LOTR (they sell as soon as they arrive), Mcfarlane (hard to keep these babies on the shelf these days whether it's the Matrix, T3, Spawn series, sports etc.) The only ones that seem to pegwarm from this manufacturer is some of the hockey ones. I know there are a great many other toy lines GIJOE, TMNT, etc, but I never check on these ones. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the S.W. selection (mostly peg warmers that are two and three years old, just plain sickening). Sometimes areas are lucky and sometimes they are not, I would say we are all pretty much in that category right now. I'm up really early in the morning right now because of my shift (12:00 A.M. till 8:30 A.M.), so I get to see most of the new stuff before it hits the shelf. My friend Mark at Toysrus will open the boxes right in front of me when they arrive, at Wal-Mart (Wayne another longtime friend who needs a better job but like what he's doing ) does the same thing for me along with some of his co-workers. Even though I haven't seen anything new, the hope of finding something S.W. related always draws me there early in the morning.

TC And Happy Hunting

Brandon

jjreason
08-31-2003, 12:57 PM
By Clone Gunships, do you mean in Clone Wars packaging or are they the basic Saga ones, B? (If they drop to 25, buy a few, I'll gladly take one off your hands....)

JR

DarthBrandon
08-31-2003, 01:04 PM
By Clone Gunships, do you mean in Clone Wars packaging or are they the basic Saga ones, B? (If they drop to 25, buy a few, I'll gladly take one off your hands....)

JR

They are the basic Saga ones (IMO better than Clones Version) jjreason, and if they do drop in price I'll scoop one up for you as well.

jjreason
08-31-2003, 04:41 PM
Excellent, B. Thanks. I was wondering if maybe the New Brunswick luck was alive and kicking, and that you guys had receieved some Clone Wars stuff.

On a different topic, JT has a line on a Punisher fig for you, last I heard. I'll update further when I know more.......

DarthBrandon
08-31-2003, 05:50 PM
Excellent, B. Thanks. I was wondering if maybe the New Brunswick luck was alive and kicking, and that you guys had receieved some Clone Wars stuff.

On a different topic, JT has a line on a Punisher fig for you, last I heard. I'll update further when I know more.......

Not just yet, but here's to hoping. Excellent news about the Punisher figure, LMK how you fair on that end. Any news on Thor or Gambit? Keep me posted.

Thanks

Brandon

Darkross
09-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Not sure if this has already been posted yet...but I found the TRU Exclusive SAGA Ultimate Bounty at TRU in Fredericton. NB this past Saturday. I passed on it...since I already have all of the bounty hunters except Aura Sing (I don't want her anyway). I only wish we could have gotten the Imperial Forces pack in Canada. Hopefully the Hoth Rescue pack will be arriving soon.

pegger
09-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Managed a TRU trip today....nothing for Star Wars...but saw that they had the Armada Unicron in.......$90.00 - huge fig (and price tag)

BTW - I've noticed that the new chewies and hans are starting to warm........

seth_quinn
09-05-2003, 05:44 AM
sad, no wonder no one wants to carry the line here.

headin' ta Am-erica wit tha gf's famlee, which me luck ya-awl.

DarthBrandon
09-08-2003, 11:03 PM
I was out today checking for new action figures, I didn't spot anything new in the S.W. dept, but they did have the LOTR two towers Helms Deep five pack (sweet looking) and I also saw the Armada Unicron (massive toy and price).

On another note the Bounty Hunter four packs seem to be selling, only three left out of twelve. We may get the other ones just yet. :D

seth_quinn
09-09-2003, 11:51 AM
reports on the new snowtrooper forums have the hoth set due to arrive within the next few weeks if not sooner (potentially along with a few other goodies) they are supposedly coming direct from overseas, so the west coast should see them first by a few days to a week before the east. odds are good that we will not see the imperial set but they seem to in good supply in the states so I suggest asking a friend here if they'll pick one up for you.

as for my visit south over the weekend, I'd call it a small victory. I found the redeco gunship for $30us (a real value after the exchange - btw, if anyone has an extra set of pilots w/pods...) a droid launcher (worst b.droid ever) the imperial f set (the stromie is apparently a mish-mash of old parts, the driver has a new but not great head, the darth is supposed to be the masters... one but I can't be bothered to dig through and compare it to the million others I have to confirm this, and of course the new droid) scored a lt hair o2 rebel trooper and a cw repack maul. unlike tru here, they were trying to clear out some pegwarmers. the only thing I saw that I passed on was a g-warroom set that was dinged and $22, think I'll wait to see if they show here or pick up the set of 4 from afx for just $76.

anyone getting disheartened by the thought of what it's going to cost to catch up as the list of stuff not coming here quickly becomes massive?

mabudonicus
09-09-2003, 12:35 PM
anyone getting disheartened by the thought of what it's going to cost to catch up as the list of stuff not coming here quickly becomes massive?

You will be...... he he.... you WILL be!!!!!!
\m/

jjreason
09-09-2003, 07:07 PM
The list IS scary. I've already spent well over $1000 bucks this year on 2003 toys, with a huge amount left to get. Tie this in with comics, and there's no real confusion about why Jodi gets so ****** at me. I hadn't really realized how expensive this year's been until I went back over my Amex bills.... yikes. As per usual though, Kebco is getting pretty much everything, and hence so do I. I haven't ordered a bunch of extra Clone Trooper Army sets to fill in all of the colored officer variants yet, and I'm not sure if I will. Maybe ebay will be the place to rack these up later. I'll have to wait and see.

TRU here had the newer deluxe figures today - SBD builder set w playdoh as well as Spider Droid. Still no sign of new 3.75 inch basics, and no more Bounty sets.

Oh, and SQ - have another look at that new ATST driver's face...... he looks like his twin brother, the POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper!!! Everything in that set was based on something else's parts. Nice score on new stuff though! I still don't have the Droideka launcher or any Clone Wars stuff for that matter. Soon enough I guess.

pegger
09-09-2003, 08:09 PM
Hey guys!!!!

At Wlamart today in cambridge...They had the new "shelf map" taped to the shelf...and new hooks for figs....

The 2 rows of interest were the ones labelled "Deluxe Assrt" - $14.72 and "Troop Builder Set" for $7.92.........

maybe?????????????????

seth_quinn
09-09-2003, 08:29 PM
right next to the zoids stuff low on the diagram right? hate to be the one but, those are more zoids. sorry.

hey look at that, I got so caught up with how bad the skin tone paint colour was I didn't even notice that about mr evil twin - good eye jjr

a grand huh? yeah, I figure I'm at least that far behind. brutal. I will be indeed.

yuh, nfl week one. my only solace comes in the fact that nhl training camps are less than a week away. shame about dougie g, sounds like he was pretty thrilled to have had the chance to suit up in the blue and white one last time though.