PDA

View Full Version : Movie Manics V out now!

Jayspawn
09-26-2002, 09:29 PM
I just picked up the T-800 Endoskeleton tonight at Media Play. Very cool! Finally a line by McFarlane that not sports related! I only picked up this one but I saw the others which include Sarah Connor (all 3 versions), Djinn, Tooth Fairy (both versions), Jason X, and Legend. They ALL look fantastic!

The True Maul
09-27-2002, 04:59 PM
I can't wait to get mine, Thanks for the update Jayspawn!!:)

187-Maul
09-28-2002, 07:39 AM
mna, that is so unfair, you guys already get the movie maniacs and I;m still looking for most of the viking age line
most are sold out in toysrus and virgin has them (except skullsplitter who I want most) but for about 20$ !
glad the new MM are cool thoug, can't wait to get my hands on one of those endoskeletons !

Jayspawn
09-28-2002, 10:49 AM
The Viking Age and Maniacs V only came out a few weeks apart. So hopefully it won't be too long before they arrive.

*Skullsplitter is a great figure. Thats the one that I got.

187-Maul
10-07-2002, 10:21 AM
woohoo, my toysrus has the MM V figs since wednesday too now !
I immediently bought the Endoskeleton and I love him
oh and my brother bought me Skullsplitter in germany in the weekend, great fig too, I think even my favorite out of all mcfarlane I have

Prince Xizor
10-07-2002, 02:01 PM
I have seen all of them at a Newbury Comics store nearby, all except Jason X. Which, believe or not, is the one I want the most. Can anybody tell me how the figure looks?

187-Maul
10-07-2002, 02:29 PM
well I saw him here in tru too but I don't really like the pose of the character, but the paint looks good as usual
I'll soon get Djinn I think, anybody bought him/have comments on him?

QLD
10-08-2002, 07:08 PM
Hey, I like the sports figures! ;)

Jayspawn
10-08-2002, 08:53 PM
The sports figures are junk. There's too many of them and the stores can't sell them.

Toys'R'Us stores still have yet to get in the new Movie Maniacs and Spawn lines. I can't wait till they do. Right now they have too many sports figures collecting dust.

187-Maul
10-09-2002, 11:17 AM
I have to agree with Jayspawn, I absolutely don't like the sports figs
I can understand that some people like them if they're a fan but I think there's just not enough interest in them
mcfarlane should rather make more spawn lines, hopefuly we'll soon hear news about the 3rd classic line, which hopefully will include Curse and hopefully will be made in Classic series 1 style, not comic-like as line 2

Jayspawn
10-09-2002, 11:24 AM
Well said 187-Maul!

wedgeA
10-09-2002, 07:59 PM
I think that this line of MM was a little disappointing because of the character choices. I like the T2 figures but could pass on the rest. Here's what I would like to see in the future:

An assortment totally devoted to Dawn of the Dead, with Peter, Francine, both Roger and Stephen as zombies, a "basic" zombie and Savini as the biker leader.

Hannibal Lector (Anthony Hopkins in SOTL blue prisoner attire)
MacReady (Kurt Russell) from THE THING
Alex (Malcolm McDowell) from A CLOCKWORK ORANGE
Harry Callahan from the DIRTY HARRY series
Robocop (A MUST!!!)

Jayspawn
10-10-2002, 12:18 AM
Yeah theres still plenty of characters for McFarlane to make. Too bad Hopkins won't sign off his likeness as Hannibal.

wedgeA
10-10-2002, 02:17 AM
Is that why there is no Hannibal figure yet? Well, maybe they can make a figure with his face mask on to obscure the likeness enough, similar to what they did with the Ahnuld T800.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-10-2002, 09:58 PM
the Lord of Darkness and Endoskeleton ROCK! These are some of the best ones yet!

Anyone know when that movie Toothfairy is coming out?

Jayspawn
10-11-2002, 12:20 AM
I thought it was already out. But I don't know too much about it anyways so I can't really say.

QLD
10-11-2002, 02:15 AM
There are already like 300 Spawn lines. I hope they make even more sports figures. I assume you don't like them, because you aren't a fan. Which is understandable. But I see just as many Spawn and Star Wars figures clogging pegs as sports figures.

Some other movie characters I would like to see made.

Steven Seagall in Under Seige
Van Damme in Bloodsport
Rocky, Clubber, Drago, Apollo
Predator
Alien
Robocop
Jackie Chan in Drunken Master II
Beetlejuice
Toxic Avenger
The Running Man characters

And many many others......

Also, I would love to see a sport LEGENDS line....

Basketball
Larry Bird
Charles Barkley
Michael Jordan
Magic Johnson
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Karl Malone
John Stockton
Patrick Ewing
Hakeem Olajuwon
Dominique Wilkins
Isiah Thomas
Clyde Drexler
Julius Erving

NFL
Joe Montana
Dan Marino
John Elway
Jerry Rice
Steve Largent
Warren Moon
Walter Payton
Emmitt Smith
Troy Aikman
Jim Kelly
Thurman Thomas
Lawrence Taylor
Deion Sanders
Chris Carter
Andre Reed
Michael Irvin
Roger Craig
Barry Sanders
Bo Jackson
Marcus Allen
Eric Dickerson
Anthony Munoz
Reggie White
Howie Long
Randall Cunningham
Phil Simms

Baseball
Doc Gooden
Darryl Strawberry
Dale Murphy
Don Mattingly
Wade Boggs
Kirby Puckett
Joe Carter
Dave Winfield
Nolan Ryan
Jose Canseco
Mark McGwire
Ozzie Smith
Cal Ripken Jr.
Ryne Sandberg
Ricky Henderson
Carlton Fisk

Plenty more. I would buy ALL of them.

187-Maul
10-11-2002, 08:13 AM
I think Toothfairy will be released late 2002/early 2003, but don't take my word on it

oh and Quite-Long Dong, the alien vs predator pack is soon going to be released, so that's 2 figs off your want list

Beast
10-11-2002, 10:03 AM
Yeah, can't wait for the Alien vs. Predator set. Well, you can't really call it Alien vs. Predator because they couldn't get the rights for the title of the future film. As for Robocop, I heard that that is a strong possibility for inclusion in Movie Maniacs VI. They should do a 2-pack of Robocop vs. ED-209 or Robocop vs. Robo Cain (from Robocop 2). "I'd buy that for a dollar!" :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

darthvyn
10-17-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
I have seen all of them at a Newbury Comics store nearby, all except Jason X. Which, believe or not, is the one I want the most. Can anybody tell me how the figure looks?

you can see how ALL of the look on the official site.

http://mcfarlane.com/toys/series.asp?division=toys&category=movies&series=mm5

the only ones i really want are the lord of darkness from legend (the BEST devil caught on film - EVER) and the t-800 endo. does the sarah connor look any better than the pics on mcfarlane.com? because i'm not too happy with it. there's three versions, too? what the hell is going on?

hannibal lector and robocop would be awesome additions to the MM lineup... i also want fight club figures - tyler and "jack" both with interchanable regular and bloodied and battered heads, and maybe a "jack beats the crap out of himself in his boss' office" playset... i think this really would be a great MM addition...

Deoxyribonucleic
10-17-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by darthvyn

does the sarah connor look any better than the pics on mcfarlane.com? because i'm not too happy with it. there's three versions, too? what the hell is going on?

I saw the one without the hat and let me tell you, I've never seen a face SOOOOO ugly!!!! and that chica is not an ugly broad in real life. I couldn't believe how bad the face sculpt was, I was so surprised that it was made by McFarlen Toys! It didn't even look like here and it was way below their standard. The one with the hat I hear looks better.

Battle Droid
10-26-2002, 06:39 PM
Predator II (with Predator Ship Trophy Case) would be a good one.

187-Maul
10-28-2002, 07:00 PM
I just wanted to say that I bought Djinn today and he's a nice figure
the plasric of his cape is kinda soft but in a good way and he has some good articulation
and the likeness is of course dead-on

BTW, I also got Valkerie from the Viking Age line and she's a pretty cool fig too

evenflow
10-29-2002, 06:49 AM
Legend is amazing.

Jayspawn
10-29-2002, 10:38 AM
McFarlane really did a great job with this Maniacs line. Great character choices and sculpts for that matter.

187-Maul
10-29-2002, 01:04 PM
the problem is, Darkness isn't available here in europe
I think mcfarlaneguide once reported that he wouldn't be available in the UK, well when the figs were released here in france, I came into toysrus and it looked like they had just opened the cases cause the pegs were full, every fig was there about 5 times or more and there was no site of darkness
too bad since he really looks cool

Turbowars
11-23-2002, 02:29 PM
I just started to collect some of the MM and I must say T-800 is awesome! I can't find Connors anywhere and now I hear there's 3 varations, I'm really screwed. I also got a few Vikings and the deluxe set. Has anyone heard who's getting the Hellraiser line?

Beast
11-23-2002, 02:33 PM
You should know who's getting it. You responded to my thread. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15036

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
11-23-2002, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the smart @ss answer. I guess it slipped my mind.

plasticfetish
11-24-2002, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by darthvyn
i also want fight club figures - tyler and "jack" both with interchanable regular and bloodied and battered heads, and ...

You know, at first I thought ... hmm, that would be cool ... and then I realized that making action figures from Fight Club would be waaay to ironic. (Could each one come with a free bar of soap?)

Beast
11-24-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by plasticfetish
You know, at first I thought ... hmm, that would be cool ... and then I realized that making action figures from Fight Club would be waaay to ironic. (Could each one come with a free bar of soap?)
*Kzzzt* This is your captain speaking, cheap scalper joke landing on runway four. Thank you for flying ironic scalper joke airlines. *Kzzt*

I dunno. The soap might do the scalpers good. Of course they would have to actually open the figures to get use out of it. On second thought, the soap wouldn't help the scalpers at all. :greedy: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
11-24-2002, 03:01 AM
I saw these today, well all except Jason who looks stupid anyway . . . and I'm planning on getting the Djinn eventually.
The first 2 movies were fun, but I haven't seen the last 2.

QLDawg -- Toyfare recently had a pic of a Rocky figure, he looked pretty inarticulate. It's a pose of the Stallion in his gray sweats with his fists raised high. I'm gonna get it to add to my Stallone collection of Rambo, Over the Top, and Antz figs . . . but yeah, a new Rocky toy line would be awesome!

Turbowars
11-30-2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by 187-Maul

BTW, I also got Valkerie from the Viking Age line and she's a pretty cool fig too Yes I just found her yesterday! I love this line. The green label variation set has been popping up, so how many are in th set 6 or 12? Oh and boxed deluxe set Bloodaxe and Thunderhoof is awesome! I have a question, whats up with the one inlarged foot? I haven't read the comic, nor did I know there was a comic for this line.

187-Maul
11-30-2002, 12:47 PM
yeah, Thunderhoof is pretty cool too, my brother has it
about the big foot, spawn always has one "enlarged foot", but I have no idea why, I guess it's just the design of the character

Turbowars
11-30-2002, 12:49 PM
but not all the Viking figures have the huge foot

187-Maul
11-30-2002, 01:24 PM
only the spawn characters have it (Spawn the bloodaxe)
like Samurai Spawn in the samurai wars line or Medieval Spawn from classic spawn 2 series 20

Turbowars
11-30-2002, 01:33 PM
Oh so Bloodaxe and Val are from the Comics and the others are jst made up? I really don't know anything about Spawn. I only like some of the toys. Have you seen the Jaws deluxe box? I got it about a month ago and it's Bad @ss!! Great detail. Even the inside of the cabin has tiny detailes. Here's a shot

2-1B
11-30-2002, 11:29 PM
I picked up the Djinn today ! :happy:
Now I feel the urge to watch my DVD of the first 2 Wishmaster films (haven't seen the third or fourth yet, don't know if I ever will. :D )

So what's the deal with this Tooth Fairy character? I'm pretty sure I saw the trailer today at the theater - they specifically spoke of a tooth fairy and it looked to be killing people . . . I do admit that I wasn't paying full attention. I never noticed if it said "Tooth Fairy" on the screen - but it did say "Winter" :D
I'm assuming that's the release time of it, maybe January or February? Like I said, I wasn't too attentive so I thought maybe they changed the title to Winter . . .

I looked it up on IMDb, they have the Tooth Fairy listed for 2001.
Wow, looks like it's been delayed for awhile!

Turbowars
12-01-2002, 12:08 AM
I saw the same Pre-view today and thought the same thing about not seeing or hearing the title. It must be it.

187-Maul
12-01-2002, 11:46 AM
the name of the movie is "Darkness Falls", I think, according to a trailer I downloaded some weeks ago

I don't have the deluxe jaws set. not that intereting IMO (although the shark looks bad-@$$)
just for your viewing pleasure, here are some pics of my mcfarlane collection

187-Maul
12-01-2002, 11:49 AM
the second shelve:

187-Maul
12-01-2002, 11:52 AM
and a close-up of one of my favorite figures...Skullsplitter

187-Maul
12-01-2002, 11:56 AM
and just becasue of the actual thread topic, my movie maniacs from series 1-3 (I don't have all of 'em)

Jayspawn
12-01-2002, 03:09 PM
Those are some nice set ups 187-Maul. I'd have mine set up but I have no room.

Turbowars
12-14-2002, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure where I heard this, but the Tooth Fairy charactor is being changed some how in the film. So I guess that means the 1st release will be a variation.

Turbowars
12-21-2002, 01:10 PM
My wife picked up the Alien and Predator 2 pack for me and it's awesome! the eggs light up, theres 3 face huggers and the Aliens has Jaw lunging action. Very nice.

darthvyn
05-11-2003, 07:11 PM

yeah, that's true, but only if you actually believe that we're not supposed to be consumers... but by that notion, writing a book about it and making it into a movie is ironic as well...

plasticfetish
05-11-2003, 07:37 PM
The more I think about it now, the more I think you're right. It would be funny and the right kind of irony. Not to mention ... I would be the first one to buy an action figure of Meatloaf with boobies.

darthvyn
05-11-2003, 08:51 PM
Not to mention ... I would be the first one to buy an action figure of Meatloaf with boobies.

bob. bob had... boobies...

he should have an interchangeable half blown-away head. ;)

"i get it now. in death a member of project mayhem has a name. his name is robert paulson."

i think goodfellas figures would be cool for MM as well.