PDA

View Full Version : why dosen't anyone have figures around where i live?

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-27-2001, 12:46 PM
no one even has anything close to vader emperors wrath or luke...why,why,why???

master jedi
10-27-2001, 06:37 PM
At least you don't live where I live. You can't find anything here in Iowa.

GNT
10-27-2001, 10:57 PM
Why don't you guys buy a case of figures? or buy from ebay to get what you want?

master jedi
10-28-2001, 07:34 PM
Fiest off I have no money. Everytime I go to EBay and find what I want/need the item is usually at a price I'm not willing to pay. As for the case of figures, if I do this I would probably get some figs that I already have and I don't know where or how to order a case of figures.

bigbarada
10-28-2001, 08:31 PM
entertainmentearth.com sells figures by the case, however you're looking at spending around $80 per case.

Unless, you're willing to pay a substantially higher price then things don't look to good when it comes to finding the latest figures. Especially if your local retail outlet doesn't stock them. I really don't know what to tell you, except maybe to save your money to order only the figures you REALLY want through the mail. This works unless you REALLY want them all, then you're screwed. Sorry.

GNT
10-29-2001, 12:34 AM
Why not find someone to split the case with?

evenflow
10-29-2001, 08:41 AM
I think everybody has the same problem. There is never anything out there.

JEDIpartner
10-29-2001, 10:30 AM
I'd love to help ki-adi's bro out, but he doesn't even tell us where "where i live" IS!

I'm not feeling so bad about living in Ohio now! Jeez!

Echo_7
10-29-2001, 12:25 PM
I guess I shouldn't complain about not being able to find the Shimi wave, Huh. EWV, Luke X-wing, Han DSE are all over the place here. I picked them up about 2 weeks ago.

INDIANA
10-30-2001, 05:35 PM
It's not just you, no one has anything.

It the way Hasbro does business. Release a case or two of the new figures that everyone wants. The availability gets listed and everyone gets excited. The problem is that one or two cases could not possiblly fill demand when EVERYONE is looking. I go to Wal-Mart every morning before work. Most of the time I'm all alone BUT if news has spread that items are hitting there's two other guys there with me. After this there's usually dead time for a week or three and then suddenly you'll see figures everywhere. The last Vader wave should be showing up everywhere very soon. Luckily, this pattern is broken during the Christmas season when all stores are getting tons of stuff daily. I should think the Deluxe assortments and FX-7 wave should be pretty easy to come by.

ThomasLane
10-31-2001, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
entertainmentearth.com sells figures by the case, however you're looking at spending around $80 per case.

Or you can save a little $ and get them for $70 a case at newforcecomics.com

master jedi
10-31-2001, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada

$80!?! I can't afford that. I couldn't afford it if I split a case with somebody.

Dferguson
11-01-2001, 01:57 AM
I cant find anything here also

Here being Rome, Georgia

only figs they have are i think the first two waves of ep1 and POTJ
Guard,Obi wan, bespin leia and Aurra Sing only seen 2 of her and i have the 2 but I am almost to the point where I am going to have to buy figures online or even Cases!
one of my walmarts near me has nothing SW, TRU has some Ep1 stuff only the first two waves it seems and i called and they dont know when they get a new shipment in:mad:
and it seems like that all stores now have in the toy dept are all crappy toys or old ones and it never never seems like they will get new ones in
hopefully this will change when Ep2 comes around

Dark Knight
12-03-2001, 01:21 AM
Hi

I live in South Carolina. I still have not seen Vader wraith/ Luke wave yet.

All I have to say is if you look at e-bay look at "lots" it usually end up cheaper. You can always trade/ sell the unwanted cards.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Obi-Don
12-09-2001, 05:17 AM
I think that this is problem just about everywhere.I can never find the figures I want until they have been out for months and lucky if I find them then.I guess thats the trill of the hunt.Some of the ones I can find I go on line for and you have to suck it up and pay the price if you want it bad enough.You have to a bit of looking but sometimes you luck out and find one at a good price.

Its the path to the dark side I tell you,The Darkside.