PDA

View Full Version : Burning CD's on WMP!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2002, 10:36 PM
Question, i'm trying to burn some CD's on WMP, but it keeps on putting those annoying 2-second gaps in between the songs (TAO-track at once). does anybody know how to make it DAO(disc at once) so the tracks flow together without any annoying gaps?? I'm trying to make a mix for my brother and I don't think i'll be able to get any regular software by the time i see him next week. If anybody has any tips, lemme know. thanks!

Nexu
09-29-2002, 12:20 AM
Here's a hint for you. Use burning software for burning CD's. Media players should be used for that: playing media. :p

Dar' Argol
09-29-2002, 12:36 AM
Nexu, I think that was a little uncalled for. He was asking for help, not snide remarks:rolleyes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute, I looked around WMP and I could not find an option for turning off the 2 second gap. Here's what I suggest. I use Music Match Jukebox for my CD creating. Download the free player and there is an option to turn off the 2 second gap between tracks. If you want to download the program got to www.musicmatch.com and download the Ver 7.2 FREE player. Its a great tool for making CD's.

Hope this helps:D.

Nexu
09-29-2002, 12:43 AM
I'm not joking. :rolleyes:

Beast
09-29-2002, 12:51 AM
He didn't say you were joking, he said you didn't have to make a snide remark out of it. Don't try to just read between the lines, actually read the lines. ;) :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-29-2002, 01:01 AM
woah there kids!!! It's all good. No harm done!! I understand what you're saying Nexu, but i won't have software for possibly another week or so and i wanted to get these CD burned for my bro ASAP to avoid mailing it to him.

Dar- I browsed around and found a page on WMP. I read something about changing the Options: Device menu to analog play and it would be leave. Not the case. Green Day's "Warning" had gaps, so that obviously isn't right. So, i'm changing both analog on both the playback and the recording (copy) menus under DEVICES. Hopefully this'll work!!! I appreciate your input though. I plan on DL that Music Match Jutebox though shortly. I don't like using something that's such a pain in the arse. Adaptec had a menu that said, "Gaps or no gaps" I dunno why Microsoft has to make it so complicated. They design these systems dangit!! I'll keep you posted if that works or not!! Thanks again for your help!!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-29-2002, 02:04 AM
Dar- DL that program and it's pretty sweet. It keeps giving me this freakin' pop-up ad about upgrading and i just keep X-ing it out. I assume after my complimentary burns are out, i have to reDL or just keep using it or?? thanks!

Dar' Argol
09-29-2002, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
Dar- DL that program and it's pretty sweet. It keeps giving me this freakin' pop-up ad about upgrading and i just keep X-ing it out. I assume after my complimentary burns are out, i have to reDL or just keep using it or?? thanks!

Glad you like it:D. The pop up for upgrade is a bit annoying. And I'm not sure about the complimentery burns. the old version I have, Ver6.1, I could burn all I want. But then I upgrade to Win XP and I forgot to burn that installation file. So I had to re-DL it and now I noticed about the complimentery burn thing. I'm just trying to find about 5 more songs to put on my 6th compilation CD, So I haven't a chance yet to burn.

*thinks about what song to DL next . . . . . . . *

darthvyn
09-29-2002, 10:38 AM

i use this too... those are just the complimentary deluxe burns -read the message - it says after those are up, it will default back to the "standard" burning 'ware included with musicmatch...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-29-2002, 10:49 AM
Darthvyn- thanks for letting me know. I read that thing, but i wasn't sure if it was going to force me dl something i had to pay for or not.

and to finish your quote, "I could slice up tubby here, we could crawl inside him and stay warm for the night' I also have those DVD's. My friend and i who are all huge View Askew fans watched both episodes when they aired as well. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-29-2002, 11:17 AM
While we're on the subject, are there any good free Data burning programs as well?

Nexu
09-29-2002, 09:24 PM
I can get you one for free. ;)

darthvyn
09-30-2002, 02:10 AM
While we're on the subject, are there any good free Data burning programs as well?

nero is very good... that's what i use. never had a prob, always burns at top speed of the drive...

and to finish your quote, "I could slice up tubby here, we could crawl inside him and stay warm for the night' I also have those DVD's. My friend and i who are all huge View Askew fans watched both episodes when they aired as well. :D

nice... oh, man, i love kevin smith...

why are we walking like this?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-30-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by darthvyn

nero is very good... that's what i use. never had a prob, always burns at top speed of the drive...

nice... oh, man, i love kevin smith...

why are we walking like this?

"High Five.....that's cold Obi-Wan"

If you haven't already, download the short "The Flying Car" and something called "Trooper Clerks." TFC is a short Kevin did for Leno and TC is something some other folks did. both hilarious as hell!

darthvyn
09-30-2002, 04:19 PM
"you became a lesbian right after we went out? so you're saying after just one night with me, no other man would suffice?"

"uh, yeah, something like that..."

"who's the man???!!!"

i haven't heard of those things... where can i DL them, or is it a morpeus/limewire/gnutella thing?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-30-2002, 05:08 PM
It's more of a morpheus/kazaa thing. The Flying Car short was on Leno, so you can get it i think streaming from the site. As for Trooper Clerks, it was made by View ASkew/Star wars fans, so t's just via kazaa or so.

dr_evazan22
09-30-2002, 05:40 PM
A question for anyone using the MusicMatch:

When recording froma CD to the HD, is there a way to make a group of songs 1 track? Example: Beatles, Abbey Rd- You Never Give Me Your Money, Sun King, Mean Mr. Mustard, etc...

Alright, it's 2 questions. I hope I haven't passed my limit:) .

Is it possible to take 1 track from a CD and break it down into multile tracks?

I downloaded from kazaa a U2 concert (at 56k! It took forever and a day!:) ) and would like to break it down into it's individual songs.

As Jar Jar says, any help here would be great!

Dar' Argol
09-30-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by dr_evazan22
A question for anyone using the MusicMatch:

When recording froma CD to the HD, is there a way to make a group of songs 1 track? Example: Beatles, Abbey Rd- You Never Give Me Your Money, Sun King, Mean Mr. Mustard, etc...

Alright, it's 2 questions. I hope I haven't passed my limit:) .

Is it possible to take 1 track from a CD and break it down into multile tracks?

I downloaded from kazaa a U2 concert (at 56k! It took forever and a day!:) ) and would like to break it down into it's individual songs.

As Jar Jar says, any help here would be great!

I think that both questions can be answered at once . . . . . .I think. I don['t have the paid version, so I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you have the paid version, you can split and merge tracks . . . . . . . . I think. I would check out the help page at MusicMatch.com:D