PDA

View Full Version : Screen scenes

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-29-2002, 01:00 PM
Hasbro,
The trash compactor screen scenes are wonderful. Here are some of my ideas for other screen scenes (the bases of similar sets would connect).

*Hangar Duel 1 - Count Dooku and Yoda. Dooku would be "dynamically posed" and Yoda would be either flipping in mid-air or on a wall.
*Hangar Duel 2 - Obi-Wan and Anakin. They would be wounded, with "ouch" faces.
*Naboo Revelation - Anakin and Padmé. From the scene where Anakin talks about his nightmares. Anakin is in his light brown shirt and Padmé in her silk/blue outfit.
*Geonosis Battle 1 - Clonetroopers. In firing poses similar to the sneak preview figure, but with more articulation.
*Geonosis Battle 2 - Battle droid and Droideka. BD would have upper body of Arena Battle BD, but with new legs. Droideka would have blast effects coming out of his arms.
*Droid Control Ship 1 - Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. In "ready for action poses."
*Droid Control Ship 2 - Battle droids. One commander and one security, with a base of battle droid parts (the parts can come off).
*Droid Control Ship 3 - Droidekas. With shields and blast effects. Bases 1&2 connect, bases 1&3 do too.
*Arena Top Box - Jango and Mace. Jango would have a normal-sized head, and Mace would be holding his saber to his neck.

Thoughts?

bigbarada
09-29-2002, 01:43 PM
Sounds cool, here are some ideas from the OT:

-Bespin Escape: with Chewie choking Lando

-Bespin Betrayal: three interlocking sets with two figures each and pieces of the dining table (similar to the Cantina sets). Vader and Fett; Chewie and Lando; Han and Leia (this would be the perfect opportunity to give us a Bespin Gown Leia and a neutrally posed Bespin Lando)

-Lure of the Dark Side: a reclining Emperor with Jedi Luke, includes the Emperor's throne and a plastic wall piece to simulate the window with a cardboard space scene behind it.

-Dagobah Training: either a Luke with Yoda in a backpack or Luke doing a handstand with Yoda on his foot, should come with a plastic base that simulates the terrain of Dagobah.

-Hoth Rescue: includes a Hoth Han and unconscious Luke with a dead TaunTaun on a Hoth plastic base. The TaunTaun should have an opening belly.

-Bespin Torture: includes Han in the torture chair and Vader looking over him

187-Maul
09-29-2002, 03:02 PM
man those are all GREAT ideas, especially the Geonosis Battle and Droid Control Ship
how about a Arena Battle Set: 2 parts, one with 2 random jedis (one alien, one human) and the other part with a SBD and a normal BD
Tatooine Desert Set: C-3PO and R2 wandering in the desert, part of Krayt Dragon skeleton on base
Tantive 4: Vader choking Antilles

Battle Droid
09-29-2002, 03:57 PM
Tey How (with Pilot seat) & Pilot Battle Droid with computer console.

bigbarada
09-29-2002, 04:34 PM
I have another idea that is essentially just an excuse to rerelease all the bounty hunters; but considering how hard a few of them were to find (Zuckuss) I think it would be pretty cool.

Each two pack would come with a sectional Star Destroyer deck plastic base, the figure breakdowns would be like so:

Boba Fett and IG-88: the same POTJ IG-88 with both blasters and the 300th Boba with a more neutral pose.

Bossk and Dengar: since the POTF2 Bossk was essentially perfect then no changes need to be made, just give him a less bulky blaster rifle and a more detailed paint job; Dengar should be sculpted with the backpack that he wore in ESB, y'know the one that wasn't included in the POTF2 figure.

4-LOM and Zuckuss: give 4-LOM a more accurate blaster and more detailed paint job; Zuckuss was pretty much perfect in his POTF2 release, but nearly impossible to find so no real changes to him need to be made (unless Hasbro wants to get rid of those stupid side cuts in his cloak - a trend that I am glad has all but died out).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-29-2002, 05:49 PM
I had no trouble finding Zuckuss . . . but that's just me.
I like all your ideas. Here's some more of mine!
*Naboo Escape 1 - Sabé and Padmé. Sabé in black travel gown (allready released), and Padmé in orange outfit.
*Naboo Escape 2 - Handmaidens. Two of them, I can't remember which ones were there.
*Naboo Escape 3 - Qui-Gon and Jar Jar. Neutral posed, nothing fancy here.
*Naboo Escape 4 - Panaka and Sio Bibble. Panaka has a removable helmet, and Sio Bibble is not impossible to find. :D
*Naboo Escape 5 - Handmaidens. Same figures, new names. :D

Rogue II
09-29-2002, 08:07 PM
I like your ideas Bigbarada and 187-Maul.

How about the Emperor's arrival:
Emperor with Dignitary
Vader and Jerjerrod(?) (or whatever officer was with him)

Capture of R2:
Either:
Jawa shooting R2 with rocks and terrain
or
4 Jawas carrying R2

Darth Sidious
09-29-2002, 08:44 PM
Those are all good ideas, some of them are great oppurtunities to get army builders without feeling like you are buying the same things you already have. Here's a few-
-Sith Holograms
With Hologram Sidious and Hologram Maul w/ crossed arms.
-Cantina
With the Tonnika Sisters
-Kamino
With Lama Su and a neutrally posed Clonetrooper w/ removable helmet.
-Rehashes :D (Just for fun, I don't really want them to make these)
With another Darth Maul (Make sure it is extremely similar to all of the old ones) and Jango Fett with removable helmet and FLAMETHROWER instead of grappling hook! :D

Rogue II
09-29-2002, 09:01 PM
Unfortunately, Hasbro said they would never make the Tonnika Sisters figures.

I was thinking that Hasbro could do a Cantina set/Screen Scene hybrid by making tables from the cantina with 2 figures sitting at each one.

I wonder if they are going to limit "Screen Scenes" to main characters or if they will include background characters as well.

Jayspawn
09-30-2002, 12:04 AM
Those are all pretty good ideas. I would like to see a lot of those. (Just not as exclusives)

Darth Sidious
09-30-2002, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Those are all pretty good ideas.

Except for my "Rehashes" idea. Don't make these, Hasbro! I was only kidding. Hey, I'm just spelling it out for them so they can understand. :D

bigbarada
09-30-2002, 02:13 PM
Okay here are some prequel ideas:

Poggle and Dooku overseeing the Geonosis Battle, should include the holograph table.

Maul defeats Qui-Gonn, with Maul's lightsaber in Qui-Gonn's gut.:)

JarJar vs. Destroyer Droid, this was actually planned for 2000 but cancelled, I would still like to see it made.

Clone Child and Kaminoan instructor, packed with computer terminals that lock together with other sets. Each case would be split 50/50 between odd and even helmet coloration.

Dexter's Diner sets: each would include a booth like the one Dexter and Obi-Wan sat in.
The figure selections would be:
Seated Dexter and Obi-Wan
Dugs and Waitress Droid
Hermione Bagwa and another alien customer

In that vein we could get Outlander Club packs also.

And finally the sets that most everyone has been asking for since Ep1:

JEDI COUNCIL 2-packs!

7 sets, each figure is sculpted in a seated position and includes his/her own personal chair:
Yoda and Mace
Ki-Adi and Plo Koon
Saesee Tiin and Depa Bilaba
Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia
Yaddle and Yareal Poof
Shaak Ti and Coleman Trebor
Oppo Rancisis and Even Piel

Geonosian
10-01-2002, 01:13 AM
I like, I like BigB!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-01-2002, 06:29 PM
Some of them should be of battles. Like:
*Theed Hangar Duel - Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul. Both in wonderful poses, with "Damn you you're goin' down" faces. :D
*Lack of Vision - Palpatine vs. Luke. Palpatine with lightning coming out of his fingers (and not his robe), Luke with weird shock effects things and an "ouch" face.
*Foolish Padawan - Anakin vs. Dooku. Just like the one above.

Of course, don't make all of the ones I've suggested, there would be too many! :D

TheFrankEinstein
10-02-2002, 11:39 AM
One word: SARLAAC!

Jargo
10-03-2002, 01:44 PM
two words, "too big" :D

JediCole
10-04-2002, 12:40 AM
I am rather surprised this one has not come up here yet, but at the same time, I am glad. That way I can offer it up!

An Echo Base Set!

Consoles, seats, that big blue on translucent map thing.

And it could have the much wanted General Rieeken, Toryn Farr, and K-3PO without the stupid damage stain!

Perhaps as a fourth figure we could get another Astromech of some kind. That way you would get a human and a droid in both packs!

Rogue II
10-04-2002, 11:16 AM
It crossed my mind. I asked for those in another thread, more of a deluxe type figure. They could do the same thing with Yavin with Leia, General Dodonna, and company. They could also do the Rebel Briefing room in ROTJ with General Madine, Ackbar, Mothma, etc.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-06-2002, 01:16 PM
Here's another idea:
*Otoh Gunga Meeting 1 - Boss Nass and a Gungan representative. Both sitting down, with chairs.
*Otoh Gunga Meeting 2 - Gui-Gon and Obi-Wan. In neutral poses, Qui-Gon perhaps with hand in Jedi mind trick pose.
*Otoh Gunga Meeting 3 - Jar Jar and guard. Jar Jar in handcuffs and a generic joe guard.
*Otoh Gunga Meeting 4 - Gungan representatives. Still seated.
*Otoh Gunga Meeting 5 - Gungan representative and guard. Just to finish off the scene.
*Theed Ground Battle 1 - Gungan warriors. With shields, holding them with two hands.
*Theed Ground Battle 2 - Battle droids. Who can ever have enough battle droids? :D
*Theed Ground Battle 3 - Warrior and droid. Fighting each other.
*Palpatine's Apartment 1 - Queen Amidala and Senator Palpatine. Amidala in white getup with a couch and a much needed resculpt of EI palpy.
*Palpatine's Apartment 2 - Handmaidens. In red.

Rogue II
10-13-2002, 03:36 PM
How about a Jabba's Palace scene: Boushh Leia w/ Carbonite Han mounted on the wall. The 2nd half could be tricky...

Jabba and his dias would probably be too big.
Bib Fortuna or Lando w/ Gammorean Guard?
Ree-Yees w/ C-3PO?
Boba Fett w/ Yarna?

evenflow
10-14-2002, 09:33 AM
I think that some really cool sets could be done. I am lookign forward to what Hasbro will do. I think that a Jabba's Palace scene would be fitting. Jabba the Hutt w/ base, Salacious Crumb, & a new Jedi Luke.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-19-2002, 04:28 PM
New idea!

*Naboo Victory Celebration 1 - Boss Nass and Queen Amidala. Comes with the blue peace orb, either one can hold it.
*Naboo Victory Celebration 2 - Anakin and Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan in neutral pose with no braid and Anakin in Jedi gear, perhaps with a smirk to Padmé (to make him different than 1999 version).
*Naboo Victory Celebration 3 - Sio Bibble and Jar Jar. Jar Jar is in his "Yahoo!" pose and Sio Bibble is happy to be alive, err something like that.

Rogue II
10-19-2002, 05:04 PM
I'm suprised no one has been asking for a Boss Nass sitting on his throne from Gungan City. Doesn't he have a small council of Gungans sitting next to him?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-20-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
Here's another idea:
*Otoh Gunga Meeting 1 - Boss Nass and a Gungan representative. Both sitting down, with chairs.
*Otoh Gunga Meeting 2 - Gui-Gon and Obi-Wan. In neutral poses, Qui-Gon perhaps with hand in Jedi mind trick pose.
*Otoh Gunga Meeting 3 - Jar Jar and guard. Jar Jar in handcuffs and a generic joe guard.
*Otoh Gunga Meeting 4 - Gungan representatives. Still seated.
*Otoh Gunga Meeting 5 - Gungan representative and guard. Just to finish off the scene.
Erm, maybe you didn't see this or something. Also, add a scene of two guards to really finish the scene. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-20-2002, 04:39 PM
Arena Jedi Surrounded Time! :D
*Arena Battle 1 - Anakin and Padmé. Padmé in her ripped shirt, only good this time, and Anakin being able to hold his saber with two hands, and he wouldn't have a retarded face this time. I can dream, can't I? :D
*Arena Battle 2 - Mace and Obi-Wan. Like Anakin, Mace can hold it with two hands and not be stupid-looking. Same for Obi.
*Arena Battle 3 - Kit Fisto and Tarados Gon. Kit continues with the neutral double-hander tradition as does Tarados (Klatooinian like Barada).
*Arena Battle 4 - Saesee Tiin and Sora Bulq. Sora is the Weequay Jedi.
*Arena Battle 5 - Roth Del Masona and Shaak Ti. Roth is the black human with grey hair. Shaak can be in a neutral pose.

Later . . .

Rogue II
10-20-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL

Erm, maybe you didn't see this or something. Also, add a scene of two guards to really finish the scene. :)

Oops, sorry, I must have missed it.

How about a Yavin Celebration? Each set would be about the size of the 25th anniversery sets. It would be mostly POTF2 rehashes, but...

4 Sections
1) R2/C-3PO
2) Leia and Luke
3) Han and Chewbacca
4) General Dodanna and Rebel Officer.

I've been thinking. There is a fine line between Deluxe figures, Cantina Set figures, and Screen Scenes, isn't there.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-21-2002, 05:10 PM
Well since the time has expired on the edit feature for my above post, it's nothing exciting I was gonna say, just so on and so on and Scooby-Dooby-Doo. But, finish off the series of them, and maybe make some battle droids two-packs to surround them.

Jargo
11-01-2002, 07:53 PM
I'd like to see the Imperial conference room with the table and chairs, Tarkin and Wulf Yalaren in one set and Vader and General Tagge in another. We already have Motti even though he's not sitting. But to be honest i wouldn't necessarily believe that those guys had just the one meeting in that room. It's ok to have figures doing things they didn't do in the movie. As long as it's not extreme. having motti stand is reasonable. he could be delivering some item of news to the governer. I think I'd rather have new figures than another remolded figure in a sitting Motti.
I always like the stupid haircut of tagge and Wulf just looks cool in his white tunic. tarkin needs redoing anyway and vader Would fill the requisite core character role.

I suggested in my suck up thread that the destruction of Alderaan would also give a chance for a resculpted tarkin. On set with a death star gunner at his control console with vader and the other set with tarkin and a new death star trooper in the round control console with the background being the viewport and alderaan blowing up on screen. Or if that's too violent an image just a pic of Alderaan glittering in space. Or maybe have Yavin on screen instead. Either way it'd work.
They could also do the scene where Palpatine tells Vader to shove off back to the Executor. Palpatine and an Imperial dignitary in one set and Vader and an Imperial dignitary in the other. The bases would be the platform with the throne on it and the backdrop would be the interior of the throne room looking toward the elevator. No sense in doing the viewport since they already did that with the final duel cinema scene.

2-1B
06-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Thoughts?

Bossk and Dengar: since the POTF2 Bossk was essentially perfect then no changes need to be made, just give him a less bulky blaster rifle and a more detailed paint job; Dengar should be sculpted with the backpack that he wore in ESB, y'know the one that wasn't included in the POTF2 figure.

Agreed, but they should also add LynMe to make it a ROTJ three-pack.

El Chuxter
06-07-2010, 10:28 PM
You mean from the cut scene where they go to the planet Scabuse?

Slicker
06-07-2010, 10:54 PM
I would assume that's the one that he's talking about. That was one of the few interesting tales...