PDA

View Full Version : Yuuzhan Vong 3 3/4 Action Figure Petition

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-29-2002, 01:59 PM
This is the Yuuzhan Vong actiton Figure Petition, the link is below, Spread this to all your other favorite sites!

http://www.petitiononline.com/26542/petition.html

Chiesa
09-29-2002, 02:04 PM
Sounds like a cool idea... but I don't think its really time for a Yuuzhan Vong figure yet as this is still the movie year... Although I maybe considering it maybe in the near future...

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-29-2002, 02:12 PM
well you see we won't get enough signaters for a long time then it'll take about 7 or 8 months to make it then a few more to produce it, thus it probably won't get producerd (if we get enuf signetirs (SP?)) for 2 years

Prince Xizor
09-29-2002, 02:12 PM
No offense, but I really don't think petitions get anything done. And I REALLY don't think this petition is going to get this character made. There are plenty more characters that I would rather see done.

But hey, if it gets made, I'll buy it.

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-29-2002, 02:14 PM
there were already 2 figs made by petition

one is Jek Protkins and I forgot the other one

Darth Sidious
09-29-2002, 02:19 PM
Could you post a pic of one? I've never seen one before, and if I like it, then I'll sign. :)

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-29-2002, 02:42 PM
Well There is no defenate picture of one.... yet AT SW.com though they have a pic of a "high ranking" Vong but hey go ahead and sign I'm buying about 10 if they make um

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-29-2002, 02:45 PM
http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/yuuzhanvong/eu.html

bigbarada
09-29-2002, 03:18 PM
I really don't think that petitions have much of a chance in getting a figure made. A petition for an EU character has even less of a chance, since many of us don't really consider that to be 'true Star Wars.'

Anyways, I hope they make it and hope it is to the liking of all you EU fans; but I will never buy one. I will sign the petition out of respect for a fellow fan though.:)

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-29-2002, 03:21 PM
thanks bigbarada

hango fett
09-29-2002, 03:36 PM
if i see one more petiton i'll scream! enough! it hasn't even been a year since saga has been unveild! you have no patience, just like me!
h

Darth Sidious
09-29-2002, 03:39 PM
Awesome! Sure I'll vote for him, he looks really cool. :)

hango fett
09-29-2002, 03:42 PM
eeeewww! he is about the ugleist alien i have ever seen! don't make him!
h

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-29-2002, 03:47 PM
thanks for the "support" Hango

BTW I love all the Avatars I have a big collection of them and alot of them r yours

Beast
09-29-2002, 04:26 PM
Petitions require about 10,000 signatures before Hasbro will even look at them. So EU charecters are going to have a very tough time getting enough support for them to bother even reading your petition. Good luck though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-29-2002, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the good luck, I hope to get that many within a year

Adam
09-29-2002, 08:20 PM
Internet petitions were a good idea the time they came about.. but now its gotten so out of hand that I simply couldn't give a flying Jawa's butt about any of them. The rediculous "Let Peter Jackson Direct Episode Three" petition was the breaking point for me. That one doesn't even need explaining to see the pure moronic nature behind it.

Everytime I think of a silly petition like that I think about a certain simpsons episode. The halloween special where Homer forgets to make the plant Y2K compliant and the earth is going to explode. And then all of the intelligent people are placed in one ship headed toward wherever, and all the idiots (Homer and Bart included) are in a ship headed toward the sun. Some of the people who write up those petitions belong on that second ship.

:D

But anyway, I would like to see a Yuuzhan Vong figure too. Personally I think it will be made at some point. Just have to wait it out.

Beast
09-29-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Teeska Mon Eebon
Thanks for the good luck, I hope to get that many within a year
Again, not to burst your bubble but it's not going to happen. There are petitions out there for movie charecters that people want more then EU charecters that never get 10,000 signatures. The petitions I've seen for Yarna D'al Gargan and General Madine don't even have that many, and they have been running a long time. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
09-29-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Again, not to burst your bubble but it's not going to happen. There are petitions out there for movie charecters that people want more then EU charecters that never get 10,000 signatures. The petitions I've seen for Yarna D'al Gargan and General Madine don't even have that many, and they have been running a long time. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geez, Jar Jar, rip his heart out and stomp it into the pavement why don't you? What's your encore? Stealling candy from a baby?

:D

Beast
09-29-2002, 09:45 PM
Nope, my encore is giving criminals Tobasco Sauce enema treatments. :evil: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Prince Xizor
09-29-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Nope, my encore is giving criminals Tobasco Sauce enema treatments.

I think that's the most evil thing I have ever heard you say.

Old Fossil
09-29-2002, 10:31 PM
Twisted, JJB.

I salute you.

QLD
09-30-2002, 01:49 AM
I was thinking of starting a petition for a crispy Owen and Beru.
They could even have "smoldering" action.

That would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

(on a side note, I would LOVE some Vong figures, but I am a realist ;) )

Anyone want to sign up?

Go to http://www.giveitupitaintevergoingtohappen.com

rynobot
09-30-2002, 02:13 AM
Stop these damn petitions! I'm even a big EU fan but you're wasting everyones time including your own by making and advertising a petition. Why don't we let Hasbro keep on working for now on what they are doing. They just released alot of pics of what is coming out in Q1 of 2003 and most of it looks impressive. Now, if they start making a bunch of stupid rehashes and are waisting our time and money then the petitions may be a good idea but for the next 6 months there is no need for them.

Tycho
09-30-2002, 03:30 AM
I like the petitions and think they may do some good.

Past examples include:

Wuher the Cantina Bartender
The Tatooine Desert Skiff Vehicle
Jek Porkins

Possibly Slave Leia - turning the tide back in the early days.

Hasbro also listened to us and started giving pilots removeable helmets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would buy at least 15 Yuuzhan Vong death squad soldiers!!! and pair them up fighting a Jedi version of Luke Skywalker (customized with JP's Kirby figure if I have to - it looks like a 43 year old Luke and Kirby had a mustache and dark hair in JPIII, but that's not on the figure that looks like modern Mark Hamill)

If they do NJO, a basic set should include a Yuuzhan Vong warrior,

and

Jacen Solo
Jaina Solo
Anakin Solo

and give them a new way to offer Luke Skywalker - a main character (and not wearing Tatooine white again)

-not to mention it would be a cool new Jedi Master Luke in the first place!

Mara Jade could also be remade and re-issued.

A new version of Leia and Han could also be produced, as could 'Vongs:

Nom Anor (spy master)
Tsavong Lah (warmaster)

Just for the very basics. Of course I could take NJO much further, but let's get the obvious taken care of.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a Yuuzhan Vong, and army builder is much more valuable than a character figure.

I would have at least 5 or more of my Vong taking on Luke by himself - finally a full Jedi Master!

That would be a hot scene to recreate with my figures!

Beast
09-30-2002, 03:35 AM
The Tatooine Skiff would have been made anyway, because Hasbro was redoing pretty much all of the vehicles as exclusives. They would have gotten around to it anyway.

As for Leia, I thought Hasbro said that they always planned to make that figure in the new line. I doubt that it was fan requests that got her made. She just got made because they wanted her. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
10-01-2002, 02:24 PM
I want some Vongies! I seriously wonder why SOTE had all the tie-ins, but NJO is far bigger in scope, and absolutely nothing.

I agree with Tycho's list of basic figures, but a Corran Horn mixed in there is an absolute must. Lowbacca and Vergere would also be cool, but are far less necessary.

And I wonder if a coralskipper would be completely out of the question?

evenflow
10-01-2002, 04:38 PM
I'd buy it, any EU works for me.

rynobot
10-01-2002, 10:10 PM
SOTE was hyped very greatly by LUCUS, it had the video game, the, book, the sound track, and lots of other things including action figures and vehicles.

Tycho
10-02-2002, 01:31 AM
Since those in this thread would care:

Destiny's Way is out! It was just released today.

Walden Books has 15% off. It still comes to about $24 for the hardcover.

Paperback will be in about 9-10 months. They do that so you buy the harcover, or get behind in the paperbacks that will be out follwing Destiny's Way.

I collect the hardcovers, so no problem more. I'll discuss it further (when I've read some) in the Comics and Books forum.

hukilu
10-04-2002, 04:29 PM
I'm not quite sure what all the negativity is about. If fellow collectors want to petition for figs including EU, how does that hurt anybody.

I for one, will sign any petition to make any SW fig, EU or Saga. It takes about 30 seconds of your life - hardly an issue to complain about it you don't agree. If you don't want sign or don't like the petition - thats fair enough just move along. There's no need for negativity. Star Wars and the collecting hobby has become so cynical and critical - comments such as HasBlow, and Lucas Sucks to me are anti-Star Wars and goes againist the very idea of the hobby as a enteritaining activity.

I just want to enjoy collecting and chat with others that feel the same.

QLD
10-04-2002, 07:05 PM
Extremely well said hukili

Nexu
10-04-2002, 08:50 PM
Someone needs to make that into a player skin for UT2003. :D

Darth Evil
10-05-2002, 02:35 PM
I signed, I really would like to see this figure produced.