PDA

View Full Version : Any other Sigur Ros fans on the boards?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-29-2002, 06:45 PM
Hey, just curious as to see if there were any other fans of the band, Sigur Ros? Just wondering. They're an awesome band and i recommend everybody check them out! lata! :D

bigbarada
09-30-2002, 01:18 AM
What style of music are they? I've never heard of them.

figrin bran
09-30-2002, 02:05 AM
my favorite is "via vidrar loftarasa", i think i spelled it right? i'm hoping to be able to see them in two months.

scruffziller
09-30-2002, 03:03 AM
there music is unique and creepy.
They made up their own language to sing in. I still can't help hearing the chorus in the track that is on the Vanilla Sky soundtrack as "It's You......................" "It's You........................"
even though I know that is not what they are saying. Aren't they from Denmark, Iceland, somewhere??:confused:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-30-2002, 12:07 PM
I would describe it as rock electronica. the other replies on the board are accuare too. The band is from Iceland and the singer sings in his own language called "hopelandic."

Figrin bran- i LOVE "Vidrar Vel Til Loftarasa" That is my fave song on that album. Their first album, "Von" i can't get in the US. They're new album, (), comes i think like October 28th. I think my other fave song is "njosnavelin" from "Vanilla Sky." It's unreleased and is played at the end of the movie when everything is revealed.

the song that Scruffziller mentioned is called "Sven G Englar." That's a great tune as well.

I'm scoring tix for their columbus, OH show this saturday. I can't wait!