PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know....?

Wolfwood319
10-27-2001, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know where to get some good shots or blue prints of the full cantina and Jabba's throne room?

I've looked and looked, all I find are some obscure shots from both. What is a really good source for technical SW stuff?

I've been holding off on my Jabba's throne room for over 2 years now cause I haven't found any good sources.

Any help would be much appreciated.

ACPin
10-27-2001, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Does anyone know where to get some good shots or blue prints of the full cantina and Jabba's throne room?

I've looked and looked, all I find are some obscure shots from both. What is a really good source for technical SW stuff?

I've been holding off on my Jabba's throne room for over 2 years now cause I haven't found any good sources.

Any help would be much appreciated.
There are several sources that you can find references for both. For the layouts, the SW Technical Journals should give you the scale and scope of them. There are also two model kits by AMT ERTL for both, though these are not to scale of the 3 3/4" figures, they do provide a good perspective of how the scale and layout looks like though a bit different from the journals.

In fact, one of our fan dioramas was done using that layout.
Cantina by Am Shak (http://www.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=24479&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5)

The SW blueprints also contain a detailed layout of the bar at the cantina (#8).

For photos, start with the SW Behind The Magic CDs. There's a lot of photos for both locations where you'll see who's with whom. Do remember that the Special Editions of the SW Trilogy, added and in some cases replaced the characters from the scenes.

Last but not the least are the movies themselves where you've just got to watch the scenes over and over again. Be sure to have your finger on the pause button and freeze frame by frame to get all the background details.

Good luck and be sure to give us a word of your progress.

Wolfwood319
10-28-2001, 12:09 AM
Thanks for all the help, I'll be sure to let you know how its going, once I get working on them.