PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where to buy Rubies 'Sabers?

TheFrankEinstein
09-29-2002, 10:58 PM
Anyone know of any online retailers selling the Rubies lightsabers? I've found a place or two, but they've only got the Episode 1 'sabers (and they're usually sold out of Kenobi).

Bobajames
09-29-2002, 11:08 PM
i just found some in the costume section of my local wal-mart the other day. they had anakin, mace, and dooku's sabers. i'll look around the net and try and see where i found the sites w/them for sale.
found a place they are $10.99 a piece
http://toynk.com/catalog/rubies_170685_products.htm

Jayspawn
09-29-2002, 11:56 PM
No offense, but Rubies makes cheap pieces of crap. I'd rather spend my money on a pile of dirt. Go for the Hasbro lightsabers!

TheFrankEinstein
09-30-2002, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the help, Bobajames! I too had been counting on my Wal-Mart getting them in, but I don't know if their over-stocking of Episode 2 toys scared them or what, but they've yet to stock the sabers with the rest of the Halloween junk. But I'd been looking at every Halloween shop I know of online and come up empty-handed (not thinking to check out toy shops), so thanks again for pointing this place out.

No offense, but Rubies makes cheap pieces of crap. I'd rather spend my money on a pile of dirt. Go for the Hasbro lightsabers!

I guess the quality is a little iffy, but they're cheap enough that I don't mind. Factor in Hasbro's ugly bit of plastic that fails to telescope into the hilt and lack of a Windu 'saber , and I think Rubies sabers are okay. All I'm really interested in are the hilts, anyway.

Bobajames
09-30-2002, 10:49 PM
You're welcome :)
if you do a search i'm pretty sure there are quite a few other places with them. Brians Toys (one of my favorite online stores despite high new fig. prices) may have them, but i can't check the site right now because it is down. oh well.

El Chuxter
10-01-2002, 12:16 AM
I've seen them at just about every Target I've been to. Pretty nice, if you ask me. I spent less for an Anakin and a Dooku than I did on one Hasbro Anakin saber, and I like them both a lot more. The fully retractable blade was a MAJOR selling point with me.