PDA

View Full Version : Hey, do you remember...? :happy:

stillakid
09-29-2002, 10:16 PM
Hey, do you remember when Anakin says, "Nice to meet you!" right after they get on board the Queen's ship? That was a really warm moment, wasn't it! :)

What about the time when Amidala puts that blanket over Anakin? Remember that? It was quite tender and reminiscent of when Leia covers Luke...TWICE in the OT. Very nice mirroring from George. :)

So, what about you? Do you have any really warm and fuzzy rememberances from the saga? Anything that made you feel all tingley inside? :happy: Share them with us. It'll be like a hug from Mom on a cold winters day. :happy:

Please visit Recipes Anyone?:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=181362#post181362

and

Driod Personalities:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=181364#post181364

Mod Note: Changed Title and Post. See my post in this thread.
DA

Bobajames
09-29-2002, 10:19 PM
:happy: whenever they were showing all the planets celebrating after the destruction of the second death star :happy: it brings a tear to my eye every time: that was my favorite addition to the special edition :happy:

2-1B
09-29-2002, 11:34 PM
Don't all of the frivolous threads go into the garbage heap Misc. Other forum where posts are not counted? :confused:

QLD
09-29-2002, 11:36 PM
Everytime that Stormtroopers head hits the door.......a tear comes to my eye.

mini-rock
09-30-2002, 02:13 AM
Everytime I see Vader use the force to choke the life out of someone.:)

scruffziller
09-30-2002, 02:22 AM
C'mon guys serioiusly, I'll break the sarcasm chain here stillakid.

What does it for me is when in ANH, Luke looking to the horizon and watching the sunset of the 2 suns and the symphony piece playing is probably the most emotional point in all the movies!!!!:happy:

I'm getting goosebumps and misty eyed from thinking about it.

QLD
09-30-2002, 02:30 AM
Nevermind the fact that the thread was STARTED as sarcasm.....

Anyway, I don't really get emotional during any parts of the movie. Except when Lando is on screen. Then I feel tingly all over :eek:

2-1B
09-30-2002, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
So, what about you? Do you have any really warm and fuzzy rememberances from the saga? Anything that made you feel all tingley inside? :happy: Share them with us. It'll be like a hug from Mom on a cold winters day. :happy:

I most certainly do ! :)

The two most emotional scenes in all of the Saga for me were when we learned about the midichlorians and when we learned that Yoda was not Obi-Wan's only teacher. Touching. :happy:

mini-rock
09-30-2002, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Caesar

I most certainly do ! :)

The two most emotional scenes in all of the Saga for me were when we learned about the midichlorians and when we learned that Yoda was not Obi-Wan's only teacher. Touching. :happy:

Not only that, but being able to see a young Anakin play and frolic. Saying things like "yipee" like a regular 9 year old boy.

Don't even get me started on JarJar. The last time I laughed so hard I gave myself a hernia.:D

edit - scruffziller, why do you think I was being sarcastic? I absolutely love those scenes of Vader.

Oh! The other would be when Vader makes his revelation to Luke in ESB. Chill enducing every time.

rynobot
09-30-2002, 03:25 AM
I cry during the celebaration in ROTJ cause it is the last SW movie.

InsaneJediGirl
09-30-2002, 05:06 AM
The Luke/Vader "I am Your Father" Scene in ESB is great..really emotional.;)Hmm..I like the Episode 1 Sunset scene with Qui and Obi..but the scene isnt very touching,just visually stunning IMO.

gibbspaulus
09-30-2002, 09:14 AM
I always get weepy when they're watching Lando and Chewie zoom off at the end of ESb - the music makes it.

mabudonicus
09-30-2002, 09:19 AM
I gotta agree with the luke/twin suns scene... I loved it in aotc when anakin was takin off to look for shmi, and the scene was basically an exact return to the scene from anh,only in clones, it's a sort of last-few-minutes-before-irrevocably-beginning-the-journey-to-the-dark-side kinda moment, raher than a finally-totally-sick-of-things-hoping-something-will-change-but-not-knowing-that-the-wheels-are-already-in-motion-and-the-very-next-day-he's-gonna-wish-that-things-would-have-stayed-the-boring-way-they-were kinda moment.(although, since it actually HAPPENS YEARS LATER, i guess it's not a reference so much as a sort of premonition.... hmmmm...:))

bigbarada
09-30-2002, 11:58 AM
I think the most moving scene in any Star Wars film happens during the Carbon Freeze scene in ESB. When Han tells Chewie that there is nothing he can do for him, and the only way to honor his memory is to take care of Leia. It's a major turning point for Chewie, when his loyalties expand beyond Han and begin to include Leia, Luke and pretty much the entire Rebellion.

After seeing Ep1 and 2, Vader's death in ROTJ is more moving than ever.

In Ep1, when Anakin finally decides that he must leave and turns away from his mother to follow Qui-Gonn, the music swells, and you realize that this is the moment that changed the galaxy forever, this was the point of no return.

Pendo
09-30-2002, 12:05 PM
For me it is the end celebration of Return of the Jedi! I don't know how everyone finds out about the deat of Palpatine so quickly, but it really brings a tear to my eye to see how happy everyone is :cry:. After years of struggling for freedom, millions of men (and women) sacrificing their lives for good. After all the pain and suffering it is all finaly to an end :cry::happy:, there is finaly freedom in the galaxy!

PENDO!

bigbarada
09-30-2002, 01:25 PM
Even in our primitive culture, look how quickly news of big events (9/11) can spread around the globe. I would figure most of the galaxy would get word of Palpatine's death within minutes of the Death Star exploding.

Dar' Argol
09-30-2002, 05:50 PM
After reading the opening post and seeing in what kind of attitude it was made in, and then reading the evolution of this thread, it is clear to me that is has gone past the original intent and developed into a real discussion. Therefore, as long as it remains so, this thread will remain open.

Also, because of the nature in which this thread was made, I have removed the opening statment and changed the title of the thread.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-30-2002, 08:41 PM
A lot of the heartwarming scenes have been touched upon, but I have one to mention that I find fuzzy, even though it is not as poignant as Luke's gazing at the twin suns or Han's talk to Chewie before he is to be freezed.

Another scene that makes me feel all fuzzy inside happens during the fight on Endor. The Ewoks and the rebel fighters appear to be powerless against the AT-ST fighters. The AT-STs wreak havoc shooting up everything in their path, even killing the poor cuddly Ewoks. Then Chewie and the two Ewoks get the idea to swing on the vine to the top of one of the AT-STs. After Chewie lifts one of the pilots out of the machine by his hands, the other Ewoks converge on the remaining pilot and thrash him.

After he is disposed, they are now in control of the fighter. The expression on their face is priceless, they look two kids in a candy store, when they glance at each other. They soon grab for the controls. This action causes Chewie almost to fall from the top of the AT-ST. Eventually, of course, the tide of the fighting shifts to their favor and they defeat the Imperial legion.

Jedi Clint
09-30-2002, 09:40 PM
I am not sure whether I should include this post in this topic, as it appears to have started as the result of a flame war.

Against my better judgment:

I am sincerely and deeply moved by one moment in ESB more than any other moment in any other SW movie.

The Empire has discovered the Rebel base on Hoth and the invasion has begun. After a devastating blast from their land based ion canon has crippled a Star Destroyer, the Rebellion sends it's first wave of evacuees and supplies through the gap it made in the Empire's offensive front. An announcement is broadcast to the remaining ground crew that "The first transport is away." This is followed by a shot of numerous members of the ground crew letting out an enormous victorious cheer. Their lives are still in great danger, but that doesn't stop them from celebrating the news that their friends have evaded escape and destruction.

I've never noticed anyone but myself get misty over that scene.

The mental anguish that Anakin and Shmi went through during the course of AOTC strikes emotional chords in me as well, but they aren't all positive. I find Shmi's faith that her son would come to her aid even though she hasn't seen him for 10 years, to be incredible. She knew her chances of survival were slim at best. Her connection to her son existed on some level that allowed her to have faith that no matter where her son was or what he was doing, he would find her.....she WOULD see him before she died. I feel the anger that Anakin experiences when his mother dies in his arms. He is angry with himself, his mentor, the force, and especially those that viciously beat and murdered his mother. No matter how horrible the act, I felt the same sense of desire to do exactly what Anakin did following this loss. It might not have brought his mother back, but THOSE Raiders would never have the opportunity to repeat those atrocities.

That is more than I really wanted to share.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-30-2002, 10:08 PM
I got a few scenes, some of which might already be posted, but i like them too!!!

ANH- the 2 sunset scene is just great. Where Luke is looking to the horizon and that theme plays along. I had that theme in my head for a week.

ESB- "Yoda and the Force"- When Yoda gives Luke the 411 on the force. "Lumnious beings are we, not this crude matter." Great line reflecting my belief of ourselves. I love it when Yoda talks about the force more in depth. "you have to feel the force flowing within you. Between you, and the rock, and the tree and etc..." granted, those aren't the exact lines, but you know what i'm rerferring to.

ROTJ- I still get teary eyed during 2 parts in ROTJ. When Luke looses all composure and uses his rage against Vader. I always just get irked cause we're seeing a character who's tried all this time to remain good and clear headed and he's tricked by his father of all people and just goes crazy. I always have a grin when he tosses his saber aside. Also, the celebration at the end, i get all emotional cause it's the end of the Empire and the end of the SW saga. there you have it! :D

jeddah
10-02-2002, 01:48 PM
Just a few.

The Senate scene in EP1 - I get moved by visuals in the way that Gibbspaulus does in above post.
The look Queen Amidala makes when in her throne and Senator Palpatines hologram is dissipating
The opening scene in AOTC with the G-type.
When Anakin says he killed all the Tuskens
The opening scene on Tantive # when R2 and C-3P0 are walking to the escape pod.
When Yoda says "No, there is another"
When the B-wings fly past the fleet in ROTJ

oh god, just loads of parts really.

:)

jeddah

thespar
10-02-2002, 02:38 PM
one of the sceences that hit me the most was when luke found his aunt and (step) uncle dead.