PDA

View Full Version : The new Two Towers trailer

master jedi
09-30-2002, 12:41 PM
I just downloaded a rip of a copy of the new Two Towers trailer today (when it's supposed to come out tommorow) from ain't it cool news.

If you can't wait until tonight at midnight click the link below to go download the trailer from ain't it cool news.

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=13411

So....Lets get this discussion goin'. What do you think of the trailer? Does it make you want to see the movie more or less?

It wasn't the best trailer out there but I does make me want to see the movie more. Now I really can't wait 'til December 18.
My brother heard somewhere that one of those official movie rating guys said that it wasn't only better than FotR that it was the best movie he has ever seen.

The Overlord Returns
09-30-2002, 12:59 PM
is this the same trailer I saw in theatres? or some new trailer?

The one in theatres made me want to see TT in a way that the fellowship trailers did not at all. Could not have been less interested in the film. My feelings were reassured when I saw the lumbering mess recently.

master jedi
09-30-2002, 01:27 PM
There are or were 2 that were released in theaters. the first one at the end of FotR and the second one at the begginning of various movies

The one I posted a link to a new third trailer. Like I said in my previous post it's supposed to officially come out tommorrow. This one at aint it cool is just a pirated copy. This new one hasn't been in theaters yet.

rynobot
10-01-2002, 02:10 AM
Just watched the trailor and I can't wait to see this movie.

Boba Rhett
10-01-2002, 02:41 AM
The Full Screen one is out now. I know your guys are like me and want to save it to your harddrive so....

Direct Link To Full Screen Trailer Download (http://progressive.stream.aol.com/newline/gl/newline/lordoftherings/TheTwoTowers-tlr_fs.l.mov)

Right click and save. You're all very welcome. :)

darthvyn
10-01-2002, 11:19 AM
aw, man, this movie looks great... i can't wait to see it. did you catch the legs of treebeard???

jjreason
10-01-2002, 12:37 PM
I can't wait to see this either - almost as exciting as a SW movie, and moreso than the new matrix in my opinion. What I don't understand is why they're showing Gandalf in these trailers, that's like showing "No.....I am your father." in a trailer before the release of ESB. When I read the books Gandalf coming back was a mind blowing surprise, and now it's spoiled. Why would they reveal that?

The Overlord Returns
10-01-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
I can't wait to see this either - almost as exciting as a SW movie, and moreso than the new matrix in my opinion. What I don't understand is why they're showing Gandalf in these trailers, that's like showing "No.....I am your father." in a trailer before the release of ESB. When I read the books Gandalf coming back was a mind blowing surprise, and now it's spoiled. Why would they reveal that?

did you somehow think Gandalf wouldn't come back in the movie version??

I mean....it IS an adaptation you know.;)

darthvyn
10-01-2002, 12:56 PM
jjr, that is true... but i feel that it's a marketing thing - those that didn't read the books and really liked the character in the first one and were disappointed that he "died" would be more inclined to go see the second one if they know he is in it... or something? and we all know how important the opening weekend is... :rolleyes: but seeing as how you've read the books, isn't it spoiled for you already? ;)

i agree that it would've been better if it was a complete surprise... just like they shouldn't have shown the double blade lightsaber in any trailers for ep 1, and then when he turned on the second blade everyone would've been like "yo!" and stuff...

master jedi
10-01-2002, 01:04 PM
When I read the books Gandalf coming back was a mind blowing surprise, and now it's spoiled. Why would they reveal that?

I thought everybody knew he came back.

The Overlord Returns
10-01-2002, 01:06 PM
well....anyone whose read the books would know.

jjreason
10-01-2002, 01:21 PM
Right. But people like JarJarBinks (and Im assuming numerous others) have not yet read the books because they don't want to spoil the movies (different, yes, but that's what they're doing).

I don't think it makes sense for the makers to reveal a serious plot development like that in the trailer. Of course I knew he would come back. For the people who don't or didn't, that's the biggest surprise of all - now wrecked. Too bad.

And another one DV that cheesed me off - eveyone knowing Padme and Amidala were one person. They should have kept it a secret that Nat was the queen until the big reveal. I don't really care that Boss Nass was surprised - it was wrecked for me. Yes Im considered exceptionally selfish.

darthvyn
10-01-2002, 01:27 PM
i haven't read the books - *ducks while stones fly past head* - but i didn't really think he wasn't coming back anyway...

i totally agree - it does spoil a surprise. no two ways about it.

jjreason
10-01-2002, 01:32 PM
WHAMMO!

Fear NOT the stones, Darthvyn.

The Overlord Returns
10-01-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by darthvyn
i haven't read the books - *ducks while stones fly past head* - but i didn't really think he wasn't coming back anyway...

i totally agree - it does spoil a surprise. no two ways about it.

s'ok....they happen to be three of the most overrated books in the history of literature.

darthvyn
10-01-2002, 01:39 PM
i'm gonna duck again, as they are bound to throw more rocks this time, and they can't all be on the mark...

The Overlord Returns
10-01-2002, 01:40 PM
heheheheh..........

master jedi
10-01-2002, 01:46 PM
The book has been out for around 50 years. You'd think you'd hear that he comes back from someone or something. Also, if you don't want any spoilers don't watch the trailers.

jjreason
10-01-2002, 01:49 PM
WHAMMO!
WHAMMO!
WHAMMO!

That's one crotchbat sting for EACH OVERRATED VOLUME of this masterpiece, Mr. Overlord.

You're welcome.

Oh, and Master Jedi - think whatever you want. Some people didn't know he was coming back and now they do. It's not the job of the stupid trailer to give away a surprise like that. The trailer should make you want to go see the movie, not tell you everything that's going to happen. I hate trailers that do this.

I don't like to argue here, I've stated my point. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

The Overlord Returns
10-01-2002, 01:53 PM
chuckles..................man ticking off LOTR fans is easier than shootin' fish in a barrel.......

seriously.......overrated,come on....you know it.

jjreason
10-01-2002, 02:03 PM
The book isn't the deepest or most serious volume ever created. The greatness comes in the fact that it can hold the interest of a child and an adult equally well. It's written for everybody - no mean feat.

jj has spoken. Any more torment and my alter ego may have to make an impromptu appearance.......

darthvyn
10-01-2002, 02:05 PM
you wouldn't like him when he's... tormented?

The Overlord Returns
10-01-2002, 02:16 PM
I don't know....they didn't really capture my interest as a child...and they don't capture my interest now either......

...they strike me as no better than any other bad fantasy book...like the ones by that brooks fellow.

jjreason
10-01-2002, 03:07 PM
That's too bad. Diffrent Strokes for diffrent folks.

"Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Overlord????"

:D

JesusFreak
10-01-2002, 03:19 PM
Hey Master Jedi, you might wanna edit your first post to tell people that this topic will contain spoilers. Anyways I loved that trailer, it was much better than the other one. The second half of this one was really exciting.

master jedi
10-01-2002, 03:21 PM
It's not the job of the stupid trailer to give away a surprise like that. The trailer should make you want to go see the movie, not tell you everything that's going to happen. I hate trailers that do this.

No it's not the job of the trailer to give out spoilers.It's to advertise. But you said it your self that they do give out spoilers as well. So, if you don't want to be spoiled just don't watch the trailer or any of the television commercials.

Boba Rhett
10-01-2002, 04:03 PM
For the love of ... GAH. This thread has single handedly lowered my collective IQ and my faith in humanity. For some reason that happens a lot here. :D

They weren't going to just try and spring the fact that Gandalf returns on us. :rolleyes: That was one of the greatest trailers ever and it saddens me that you do not feel the same way.

Many people were saddened when they saw gandalf, "die" but when they see him in the trailer they get that, "OMG HOW? I have to see this!" feeling and that's what a trailer is for. That's what every trailer is for. It didn't tell you how he got there just that he's there.

You want to know what's overrated? Star Wars and The Matrix. But I love em none the less.

Tolkien's books are masterpieces and should be respected as such and the movies are shaping up to be movie masterpieces as well. :zzz:

Amd I swear if I'm whammoed I'm gonna have to kick some *** and take names! :p Or maybe even get out my yoink stick and bust some heads!

The Overlord Returns
10-01-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
For the love of ... GAH. This thread has single handedly lowered my collective IQ and my faith in humanity. For some reason that happens a lot here. :D

They weren't going to just try and spring the fact that Gandalf returns on us. :rolleyes: That was one of the greatest trailers ever and it saddens me that you do not feel the same way.

Many people were saddened when they saw gandalf, "die" but when they see him in the trailer they get that, "OMG HOW? I have to see this!" feeling and that's what a trailer is for. That's what every trailer is for. It didn't tell you how he got there just that he's there.

You want to know what's overrated? Star Wars and The Matrix. But I love em none the less.

Tolkien's books are masterpieces and should be respected as such and the movies are shaping up to be movie masterpieces as well. :zzz:

Amd I swear if I'm whammoed I'm gonna have to kick some *** and take names! :p Or maybe even get out my yoink stick and bust some heads!

Actually, technically the best trailers ruin nothing about the film, and still make you want to see it. The Hulk trailer is a perfect example of what a trailer should do.

The Matrix is overrated...I agree. So are the Lord of the Rings novels. And the film even more so.

Fellowship was a lumbering 3 hour snore. The pacing was erratic, glossing over certain things, and then desperately clinging on to a scene like Barrowmirs death?? No one cares about Barrowmir, and I could not have been LESS moved when the little @$$ bit the dust.

and what's with the gloss over for frodo going it alone? WHO would buy Stryder as being a threat to the ring. There's no reason for any of them to think that Stryder or Legalus would pull a barrowmir......it makes no sense....

master jedi
10-01-2002, 04:58 PM
I thought the hulk trailer sucked. It didn't make me want to go see it.

JesusFreak
10-01-2002, 04:59 PM
Ok are you purposely misspelling their names? It's really anoying so if you're not then this is how they're spelled..

Stryder - Strider
Barrowmir - Boromir
Legalus - Legolas

I didnt think the first movie was boring and the books are great, I guess we all have our own opinions, but you're gonna be bashed alot for those comments by hardcore LOTR fans *cough* bigbarada *cough*

Beast
10-01-2002, 05:06 PM
Ok, I admit that I haven't read the books yet. I wasn't huge into fantasy when I was a youngen, so they never were attractive to me. In my teen years, I got into D&D and such and wanted to read them. But I ended up putting them off for so long, that I lost track of time. Then when I finally decided to read them, I heard the movie was coming. I wanted to wait, see the movies first, and then delve more into the stories with the novels.

I'm glad I waited so far, since Harry Potter was a bit of a disapointment after reading the novels first. So far I am enjoying the movies and can't wait to read the novels to delve more into the charecters. Hell, I didn't know that Gandalf and Saruman weren't human, until on the DVD special features mentioned they were sent down from a higher power. :)

I've generally tried to avoid spoilers, but some of them are fun...especially the hints in the trailers. So what if Gandalf is back, we don't know exactly how yet. The only spoiler I ever felt bad about accidentaly reading were in regards to "Return of the King" regarding Gollum, Frodo, and the Ring. But I will live with that knowledge, so I don't mind. It just makes me drool waiting for TTT this year, and RotK next year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
10-01-2002, 05:12 PM
Looks like this one is going to be kick arse like JJB would say. I can't wait till it comes out.:D

Bosskman
10-01-2002, 05:38 PM
I like LOTR as much as SW. For different reasons mind you, but nonetheless I like them the same. TTT is gonna be absolutely awesome. I can't wait. That trailer was NOTHING compared to what's gona happen in this movie. There is so much more that all the gripes are completly unfounded.

rynobot
10-01-2002, 10:16 PM
After seeing TFOTR I started reading the book, unfortunatly I just saw it on PPV, and boy was I out of the loop, I don't know how I missed this one. Ohwell, I hope I finish the book before TTT comes out, I'm about 1/5th of the way and I reallky like the book more, there is so much more to the story than what the movie can tell.

Boba Rhett
10-01-2002, 10:30 PM
Yes but don't let the mind blowing greatness of the books detract from the greatness of the movies. They're apples and oranges after all. :)

mini-rock
10-02-2002, 01:08 AM
I haven't read the LOTR books at all. I usually like to see a movie first, and then if I want more details explained, then I'll read the book(s). I'm still not sure if I want to see TTT in the theater, simply because I absolutely hate going to a commercial theater, but I REALLY REALLY want to see this movie. :)

Geonosian
10-02-2002, 04:03 AM
I have for words...

Treebeard

Warges

Oliphant

Gollum...

The Overlord Returns
10-02-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by JesusFreak
Ok are you purposely misspelling their names? It's really anoying so if you're not then this is how they're spelled..

Stryder - Strider
Barrowmir - Boromir
Legalus - Legolas

I didnt think the first movie was boring and the books are great, I guess we all have our own opinions, but you're gonna be bashed alot for those comments by hardcore LOTR fans *cough* bigbarada *cough*

I thought my spelling of the names was funnier;)

JesusFreak
10-02-2002, 01:29 PM
Yeah it was funnier, I admit that, but still annoying ;)

Exhaust Port
10-02-2002, 01:41 PM
Just downloaded the trailer and WOW. This is going to be one great movie.

jjreason
10-02-2002, 03:33 PM
Apparently the battle at Helm's Deep will rage for nearly 45 minutes!

Im officially, here and now at a SW fan site, calling TT my third most highly anticipated movie ever. Ever, behind ESB and TPM. It will be absolutely amazing, mark my words (not like that's really going out on a limb or anything!).

The Overlord Returns
10-02-2002, 03:47 PM

Im officially, here and now at a SW fan site, calling TT my third most highly anticipated movie ever. Ever, behind ESB and TPM. It will be absolutely amazing, mark my words (not like that's really going out on a limb or anything!).

well...considering the first film was far from amazing...I'd say you're going out on atleast a bit of a limb;)

master jedi
10-02-2002, 05:34 PM

And the best thing is is that it will be uninterrupted. That means it'll just be that scene alone and won't go to any other parts of the story like Sam, Frodo, and Gollum and the ring.

Pendo
10-03-2002, 12:15 PM
Just seen the trailer for the first time. How f-ing cool does it look!!! :D.

I really cannot wait for this movie! A 45-minute, uninterrupted, battle sounds so cool :)!

PENDO!

Darth Sinister
10-09-2002, 02:36 AM
Opinions, opinions, opinions.....so many to read, so little time. Here's an opinion for ya....we are on a SW site, in a SW forum talking about a far superior piece of writing and film making. Bottom line, LOTR is better. The inside flap of the book is better.

Overlord, keep up the good work....but...FOTR was more amazing than the last 3 SW movies put together. 95% of SW fans are in denial that anything could be better.

Beast
10-09-2002, 02:43 AM
*Respectfully reminds Darth Sinister that his post is purely his opinion.*

Frankly, you can't really say that one is better then the other. It's like comparing apples and oranges. LOTR's is Medival Fantasy, and Star Wars is Space Fantasy. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
10-09-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Darth Sinister
Opinions, opinions, opinions.....so many to read, so little time. Here's an opinion for ya....we are on a SW site, in a SW forum talking about a far superior piece of writing and film making. Bottom line, LOTR is better. The inside flap of the book is better.

Overlord, keep up the good work....but...FOTR was more amazing than the last 3 SW movies put together. 95% of SW fans are in denial that anything could be better.

That's YOUR opinion;)

Exhaust Port
10-09-2002, 09:52 AM
Norse Fantasy/Mythology would be a better description JJB.

I do think that the LOTR trilogy will be a better trilogy but each movie won't stand alone as being better. Each SW movie is a story in itself where the LOTR trilogy requires 9 hours and 3 movies to tell one story. The first movie accomplished nothing, it ended basically mid-thought. That's because this is adapted from a trilogy of books not meant to be a trilogy of movies. Each movie in a trilogy has to have a beginning, middle and conclusion where the LOTR trilogy isn't following that pattern.

Now if GL was willing to spend 3 movies and 9 hours to tell the story of ANH than we'd have something to compare fairly. Man, that would be awesome!!

Prince Xizor
10-09-2002, 10:37 AM
Two Towers is going to be the best movie of this year. Hands down. I haven't been this psyched for a movie in a long time (Star Wars aside).

And forget Helms Deep, the coolest scene of that movie is going to be Gandolf fighting the Balrog on the way down the pit. They showed flashes of it in the trailer, and I almost soiled myself. GOD! Its going to rule.

master jedi
10-09-2002, 07:23 PM
Oh...It's all going to be good.

Scroll down for spoilers.
*BEGIN SPOILER*

I hear they filmed three ways of how Saruman is going to die in this one.
He's going to fall on a spike. Or he's goinn to be killed in either 1 of 2 places by wormtongue.

*END SPOILER*

InsaneJediGirl
10-16-2002, 01:22 PM
I thought the trailer was great.I didnt bother me seeing Gandalf in the trailer,because I read the books.However,to my younger brothers,it was a bit of a shock because they did think he was dead.

Anyways..Cant wait until december :D