PDA

View Full Version : Why are 12" sleeves so short?

JediTricks
09-30-2002, 08:48 PM
Why are the sleeves on these figures always so short? You put them in any position other than standing at attention and it looks like their shirts just went through the dryer. What's the deal? Personally, I'd rather have longer sleeves no matter what.

Master Goeweins
10-01-2002, 12:19 AM
It's to prevent the smuggling of Sabaac cards into the game. My Episode 1 figures are no longer allowed at my table! Too much trouble with the locals!

gibbspaulus
10-01-2002, 04:21 AM
Glad it's not just me. I was convinced that my 12" Tarkin wa a ltd edition t-shirt variety

Super Serg
10-01-2002, 08:03 AM
It's because that .0000000001 cent that the extra fabric would
cost each figure would most likely BREAK Hasbro into bankrupcy!
= D

*SS*

JediTricks
10-01-2002, 05:25 PM
Hee hee!

So no real reasons? I'm sick of looking at figures' wrists all the time.

Beast
10-01-2002, 05:33 PM
Are their sleeves to short, or their arms to long? That is the question that has baffled men for years. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
10-01-2002, 05:59 PM
jeditricks,

are you referring to count dooku, or all star wars figures in general, or just those you swapped the bodies on?

i think dooku's uniform was made for a HOF body, then switched without making the adaptions for the longer armed GI Joe body.

JediTricks
10-01-2002, 06:06 PM
All of 'em, even in the Joe line too.

derek
10-02-2002, 09:26 PM
All of 'em, even in the Joe line too

all the GI Joes with long sleeves have been plenty long. the only figure that had really, really short sleeves is the tarkin figure. those sleeves are even too short on the HOF body.:)

as for the star wars 12 inch line, i think the clothes fit fine on the HOF bodies they were tailored for, it's just that the bodies are horrible. i'll take too short sleeves over a crappy body any day.;)
but there is no excuse for dooku's sleeves being too short. hopefully the new imperial officer will have longer sleeves so i can give tarkin a new uniform.:)

here's a photo of a newer GI Joe with a long sleeved GI Joe shirt:

Sinister Lord
10-02-2002, 10:17 PM
The problem with the short sleeves is actually rooted in the design of the Action Man body used for these figures. Action Man's arms are so bulky that they cause the bunching up of the sleeves on the arm. And his arms are actually too short for his body anyway. Action Man just stinks, plain and simple. I wish Hasbro would switch to using a GI Joe body for all their 12" figures.

Jayspawn
10-02-2002, 11:33 PM
I agree, the sleeves should be longer. Looking at the wrists is annoying.

Darth Cruel
10-03-2002, 12:54 AM
And let's not forget to mention the half-shirts. These things make me even more angry than the short sleeves do.

JediBoulton
10-03-2002, 03:25 PM
I will have to disagree with Darth Cruel about the Half Shirts -- If they make a Padme Arena Escape in 12" form -- the shirt had BETTER be half -- HAHAHA.

sorry, couldnt resist...

Darth Cruel
10-03-2002, 03:51 PM
JB - Gotta give you that one. :)

mini-rock
10-05-2002, 06:00 PM
I finally got around to posing Dooku last night, didn't have anything better to do on a Friday night, but he can't even raise his arms above his head. The sleeves are short, and remind me alot of Jedi Luke. If I were to redo my EP2 favorites 12" list this would be down a couple notches. The head sculpt is the only thing that saves this figure. Oh! And the lightsaber.:)

JEDIpartner
10-24-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Are their sleeves to short, or their arms to long? That is the question that has baffled men for years. :crazed: :D

I've laboured under the impression that their arms were always too SHORT! I guess that makes the sleeves even shorter than we had first suspected!!! :eek: