PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the figure they can do for Kitik Keed'kak?

Tycho
10-01-2002, 03:29 AM
It's nice that we can hope they'll do ALL (or as many as would seem reasonable) the figures from the cantina.

But I think Kitik Keed-kak will be a disappointment. See the image I attached (from ANH's production).

This alien with a salt-shaker skirt most likely, should've been included as an accessory with another fully poseable cantina patron. I want Kitik. I just feel ripped off getting her in a cantina set as the only figure.

True we might be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it this time.

In the cantina aliens poll I ran not too long ago on this site, you all picked the Tonnika Sisters first (though Lucas won't let them be made).

Then it was the Arcona by a huge majority (Hem Dazon).

After that, the Gotal and Anzati had 8 times as many votes as Kitik did. But you know if Hasbro made them, they'd have articulation.

Hopefully Kitik will be more exciting than the POTF2 Royal Guard or Mon Mothma. But I don't have high hopes.

Beast
10-01-2002, 03:34 AM
Umm, Tycho. Did you actually see that we have pictures of the Kitik Keed'kak figure? You seem to sort of act like you haven't. As for the poll thing, you do realise that noone is going to vote for a figure that Hasbro themselves have confirmed in being made. It's a waste of a vote, my friend. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14843

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
10-01-2002, 03:44 AM
They're making that praying mantis thing ? ? ? :confused:

COOL. :cool:

Someday our effort at getting Hem Dazon WILL be a success ! :happy:

JangoFart
10-01-2002, 12:29 PM
Who the heck are the Tonnika Sisters and why won't Lucas let them be made?

J

The Overlord Returns
10-01-2002, 12:43 PM
they are dancing sisters seen in the cantina briefly...

I have no idea why Lucas won't let them be made.....if that's even a serious statement.

2-1B
10-01-2002, 02:30 PM
I don't think it's Lucas that won't let them be made so much as it is the actresses who won't allow their likenesses. :)

At least, that's what I read somewhere else around here . . .

Tycho
10-01-2002, 03:17 PM
No one knew Star Wars was going to be a hit.

In 1977 there were NO action figures. The vintage figures started being a pre-order in Dec. of the movie year, but not until 1978 did production get up enough to begin distribution. Sure the vintage have copyrights from '77, but they were sculpted then, not released - as they were sculpted very late. Action figures, as well as Star Wars' success were not planned for.

Consequently, background characters from ANH never had their actors sign using-their-likeness agreements. It was OK to do characters like Zutton (non-speaking line example) because you couldn't tell who was behind the mask. Greedo likely signed an agreement. But Brea and Senni Tonnika were themselves, their faces possibly a little green - not sure because of the dim light in the bar.

The actresses, today and not largely successful like Jennifer Love Hewitt, want money for anything they can get it for - especially Star Wars. Perhaps if they made exclusives and charged $19 PER Tonnika figure, they could compensate the actresses (their names were listed in my cantina poll discussion. Forgot them at the moment - though Christine Hewitt is one I think...) But if they did this, it could start a precident where every Imperial Officer without a speaking line that appeared on a cardback since the vintage years would start suing Lucasfilm and Hasbro for the use of their likenesses. Like the Hoth Soldier with the goatee or the AT-ST Driver.

So they don't want to budge on the issue. Now the Expanded Universe tried to get them out of it by saying that the Mistryl Shadow Warriors Shada D'kal and her partner were actually in the bar POSING as the infamous Tonnika Sisters so they could catch a bounty that the criminal ladies were hoping to meet with. The real Tonnika Sisters were in the Mos Eisley jail at the time Luke Skywalker entered the bar.

I don't know if Hewitt and her friend can sue over a figure of Shada D'kal. That character never appeared in the ANH casting bible. Furthermore, weren't the girls named by West End Games or Decipher? Why didn't they sue them over their likeness being used on paper products?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

JarJar - I'd seen the figure. I posted the movie image to show it was accurate. Still accurate or not, this thing will have 3 points of articulation. It can be made really awesome to be sure, but isn't Hasbro Direct doing these sets? They handle exclusives and usually mix-match parts for cheap pack-ins like the Freezing Chamber Guard, etc. Left in their hands, Kitik might not turn out that cool when you actually play with it. No big deal, I just want all the aliens from the bar like everyone else. I'm just saying there are ones like the Arcona and the Gotal that I'd get REALLY excited over.

JangoFart
10-01-2002, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the info, Tycho!

I didn't know the vast majority of that.

J

evenflow
10-01-2002, 05:32 PM
I have hope that it will be a cool figure, at least i hope it will be considering it will be the only new figure we are getting.

Darth Sidious
10-01-2002, 08:17 PM
I like this Keed'Kak. Its is a very cool looking Keed'Kak. I will definitely be buying this Keed'Kak, along with the other Wave 2 Cantina Sets. I don't have a Wuher or a Dr. Cornelius :D. I won't get the first 3 though, Greedo is cool but if I got him I'd want the other 2 and they are just too similar to the old ones... It could be a much greener Keed'Kak, but I still like it. I hope this Keed'Kak smells good under that skirt... (PLEASE don't take that the wrong way! :D)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-01-2002, 08:24 PM
I don't care how many articulation points Kitik has - she stood at a bar and did not walk, or do anything. Just get her released, she's too cool!

Darth Sidious
10-01-2002, 08:47 PM
Oh, believe me she'll have "Articulation", but only so Hasbro can give her some stupid "Claw slashing" gimmick... :mad: Well, even if she does have a gimmick (Probably not since it is a cantina set) she'll still be awesome.

QLD
10-01-2002, 08:55 PM
WOw, I always wanted a BRAK figure!!!

Turbowars
10-01-2002, 09:41 PM
Cool, but why wont the sisters be made? JK. Isn't to late for the 2 ladies collect $ . Hell I don't care if they don't look like the actors, I mean most of them don't anyways.

JediCole
10-02-2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
WOw, I always wanted a BRAK figure!!!

If you are refering to Kitik Keed Kak in this statement, don't you mean a ZORAK figure?

And if that is what you mean, there already is one. Complete with his piano! I can't wait for Mrs. JediCole's Zorak figure to be able to lord over the much smaller Kitik Keed Kak figure. Perhaps devouring her!

P.S. There is a Brak and a Moltar figure as well. I've got a few extras of each on hand.

QLD
10-02-2002, 01:35 AM
Yes, i meant ZOrak. ;)

corporal AMF
10-02-2002, 02:05 AM
btw who cares an actrees playing a 1/2 second non speaking role could sue a huge company like hasbro !

corporal AMF
10-02-2002, 02:07 AM
Why the actor playing Labria didn't complain ?
Well it's not my intention to be rude.......I read the same long ago and I consider not smart the idea of not release a toy based on that.....

Just my humble opinion

Old Fossil
10-06-2002, 02:20 AM
I won't be getting this Bug. Never liked her. A Praying Mantis just doesn't have the appeal of, say, a Devaronian, or even Wuher. I will continue to hold out for a Hem Dazon figure, and Myo, and Bom Vimdin, and perhaps the Tonnika lasses when the actresses finally get desperate for money.