PDA

View Full Version : Sept/Oct 2002 Basic wave...

JEDIpartner
10-01-2002, 01:43 PM
I just received the latest wave of figures from KEBco yesterday. I must say that I am very happy with this one.

In my package, I received the Jango Fett (Pilot), Lott Dodd, Padme (Coruscant Attack), Watto, Clone Pilot and Tusken Raider.

I haven't much time to write at length about these, so I will cut to the chase.

I agree with Cheisa (sp?) on the review of Jango. It is a very good looking figure, but has very limited articulation. The arms just hang limp until you press the button on his pack. it DOES fit in the SLAVE I without any trouble.

Padme- she looks GREAT! This is the best likeness of Natalie Portman to date! (Except for all the queen with makeup on her face figures). it is a very delicate figure and it has many articulation points. The gimmick button is smack in the middle of her back... but it doesn't bother me too much. The right arm hangs limp like Jango's until the button is pressed. The gun, which has a "holster" peg on it... does not fit in the hole in her belt. Oh, well. The pack in is cool, but flimsy. There is a "burnt out" innards piece that blows out of the main radar support when you blow it up.

Watto... looks good... the wings with their "motion capture" look are horrible, though. It's still a good figure as long as you keep your objectivity about it.

Lott Dodd is a very besic figure and looks great. i only wish that his eyes were a little more reddish than the gold colour they painted them. Standard Sidious hologram pack-in... of course. Funny thing, though... his hands are a mirror image of Nute Gunray's hands!

Tusken Raider- most disappointing figure in the whole line. POTJ repaint with the Geonoian's Massiff. Can't wait for the one coming out this winter.

Clone Trooper Pilot- I got two of these. They are GREAT!!! I think the paint detail is very good and the pose is not limiting like the preview Clonie. The articulation points are bicep, shoulder, (tilting and turning) head/neck, waist and hip/legs. The bubble turrets are a little small, but snap onto the Gunship easily. I think I have them on properly, but don't know how to position the handles on them... must look that up!!!

Like I said... I am very happy with this wave. I'd give an overall grade of A- to it. It has nothing spectacular or surprising going on for it, but it certainly delivers to the level we have come to expect of the entire STAR WARS 3 3/4" figure line.

Good job Hasblah! :D

Jedi Drew
10-01-2002, 09:08 PM
Nice review.....and what's up with the avatar???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

gibbspaulus
10-02-2002, 10:37 AM
Ignore him Dale, it's very you!!!

I agree over your Padme review though - she is great. Mine has a slightly lumpy left heel which needs a bit of trimming, but it hasn't stopped me playing. I now want to do a mock diorama using her, Typhoo and the Naboo starship - ooh, lots of fun!

Lott Dodd was a bit of a dullard - Palpatine without the sculpting. But her looks really good if you put him with the other Nemoidians.

I can't wait to get hold of my pilots - but I can't wait even more for the Gunship itself.

I may pass on the Tusken as I got two of the massifs with Geonosians, and already have the sniper figure. Who knows, but it's not high on my priority list.