PDA

View Full Version : Maniac laughter in the background?

Needles
10-01-2002, 02:49 PM
Did any one realize the maniacal laughter in the background when Qui Gon was going into the water to go to Otah Gunga and again when he was getting out of the Bongo?
That laughter just bugged me

Pendo
10-01-2002, 02:55 PM
I've not heard it before. I'm curious now, I'm going to get out my DVD and check for it now...:D

PENDO!

jjreason
10-01-2002, 03:20 PM
I think those are the cries of a loon - water fowl common up here in Canada (so common, they're on our dollar coins).

Aside: why is it a "swamp"? I find the word swamp indicative of stagnation and algae - eutrophied water. The water on Naboo looked fresh. I guess "Naboo Marshland JarJar" or "Naboo Wetland JarJar" just doesn't move figures like "Naboo Swamp JarJar". That's Hasbro - always thinking one step ahead. :)

mini-rock
10-05-2002, 08:16 PM
Yeah, good use of the surround channels.:)

hayden's_hunnie
10-07-2002, 11:45 AM
i have noticed this before, qui-gon did aswell, you see him look around curiously, when it happens!

LTBasker
10-07-2002, 04:33 PM
Sorry, I just couldn't keep silent. :o

Actually I've never heard it, I guess that's another reason for my watch E1 again soon.

scruffziller
10-08-2002, 03:48 AM
YES!!!!!! The PHANTOM MEANACE!!! IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!! woowoowoowoowoowoowoowoowoowoo.................... ..

scruffziller
10-08-2002, 07:26 AM
YES!!!!!! The PHANTOM MEANACE!!! IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!! woowoowoowoowoowoowoowoowoowoo.................... ..

hango fett
10-19-2002, 12:37 PM
is there an echo??? well, i think that it was meant to be some animal of some sort....who knows...
2000 post!!! yay!
h

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-19-2002, 02:30 PM
I just watched it last night, didn't notice anything, but it was probably a duck or something.

Originally posted by hayden's_hunnie
i have noticed this before, qui-gon did aswell, you see him look around curiously, when it happens!
If you are talking about the scene where he gets out of the Bongo, I think he's looking around because of the waterfall, maybe he senses it or something. Check out the cut scene for the waterfall fun. :D

mini-rock
10-19-2002, 03:21 PM
I believe HH is talking about this scene.

InsaneJediGirl
10-29-2002, 07:36 AM
I havent heard laughter in that scene but in another.

Pop in Disc 2.Go to TV Spots and Trailers.Choose the Teaser Trailer.At the beginning,when the Gungans are riding out,you can hear laughter(or what sounds like it).Works best on surround sound,but you can hear it otherwise.

LTBasker
10-29-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
Pop in Disc 2.Go to TV Spots and Trailers.Choose the Teaser Trailer.At the beginning,when the Gungans are riding out,you can hear laughter(or what sounds like it).Works best on surround sound,but you can hear it otherwise.

IIRC that was an animal and I think it's supposed to be there in the final version, either that or it was originally planned to be an animal and it was cut-out before release because it didn't sound like an animal. Think I'll have to pop it in and check it out.

The scene from that one picture though, I watched TPM the other day and I didn't hear anything but animal like sounds?

mini-rock
10-29-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
The scene from that one picture though, I watched TPM the other day and I didn't hear anything but animal like sounds?

It's definitely there. I'm not sure if you have a full 5.1 (or more) set up, but you can clearly hear the sound pan from the rear right speaker to the rear left speaker, and the Qui-Gon turns around.:)

Pendo
10-30-2002, 11:14 AM
I can hear what you're talking about, I'd say it was some sort of animal.

PENDO!