PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite lightsaber combat form?

Darth Sidious
10-01-2002, 03:57 PM
I didn't know where to put this, so it's going here. :D Which form of lightsaber combat is your favorite? I will provide a quick synopsis of each (And one person who used that form, if available) so you know a bit about them.

Form 1- Inspired by bladed weapons instead of energy beam ones. It is inspired by ancient sword combat techniques. Form 1 envelopes the basics of attack, parry, body target zones, and practice drills. Used by: Jedi Younglings and beginners.

Form 2- The ultimate refinement of lightsaber combat. It involves precise blade manipulation and has produced some of the greatest dueling mastes the galaxy has ever seen. It is rarely used, since it mostly deals with lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat instead of lightsaber-to-blaster combat. Dueling someone who is an expert in Form 2 combat is extremely difficult, however. Used by: Count Dooku.

Form 3- Developed in response to blaster technology. Known as "Laserblast" deflection training, it's main purpose is defense against blaster bolts or lightsaber attacks. It uses tight, efficient movements that expose minimal target area. Used by: Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Form 4- The most acrobatic form of combat. It heavily emphasizes the ability to jump, run, and spin by using the force. Form 4 goes beyond normal physical limits. Form 4 combat is an extremely impressive sight. Used by: Qui Gon Jinn/Yoda

Form 5- Adresses a need for more power. Masters who felt Form 3 was too passive used Form 5. Form 5 focuses on strength and lightsaber attack. It is used to block lightsaber bolts and send them back at a target deliberately. To some Jedi Form 5 seems to foster an inappropriate focus on dominating others. Used by: Anakin Skywalker.

Form 6- The standard in combat during Palpatine's chancellorship. Form 6 balances the emphases of other forms with overall moderation. It is considered "The Diplomat's Form" since it is less demanding than other forms, allowing the Jedi to focus more time on politics, etc. It is a combination of Forms 1, 3, 4, and 5. In my personal opinion, this style sucks. Used by: Any Jedi who died on Geonosis. (That's why I say it sucks).

Form 7- Only used by high-level masters of multiple forms. It is the ultimate discipline in lightsaber combat, and the most difficult and demanding of all forms. Form 7 eventually leads to fantastic power and skill. It employs bold, direct movements, more open and kinetic than Form 5 but not as elaborate as Form 4. Advanced Force-assisted jumps and movements. It overwhelms opponents with seemingly unconnected staccato sequences, making it highly unpredictable. Most Jedi can not handle the physical and mental demands of Form 7, but those who can become the most powerful Jedi who ever live. A Form 7 master will appear calm, but the pressure within the master verges on explosion. Used by: Mace Windu.

My favorite is Form 2. It isn't very common, and I like the sweeping, graceful appearance. Plus, Count Dooku uses it and he's cool. :D So, which one do you prefer?

The Overlord Returns
10-01-2002, 04:55 PM
I'm pretty partial to Lukes "swing wildly and clumsily at anything that moves" style myself.

Darth Sidious
10-01-2002, 08:09 PM
Haha...When I think about it, you're right. Luke doesn't have a style! He just sucks. :D

Jargo
10-02-2002, 05:03 PM
I prefer form 10 - the use of large soft pillows on the end of big sticks. Swing wide and aim low. Stance preferred is wide legged ready for attack and for retreat. Retreat manouvre is achieved by running away very very fast and swearing loudly while laughing so hard it hurts.
Defencive manouvres are simple block and parry from below. To disarm an opponent simply keep hitting hard until their weapon lowers and then stand on their weapon end until they are forced to let go or face a trapped hand beneath the weapons stick. This could also loosely be termed a winning defeat.

Pendo
10-05-2002, 05:12 PM
My fave has got to be Form 7. Although you don't see much of Mace's dueling in AOTC, what we DID see was enough for me :D!

PENDO!

Emperor Howdy
10-09-2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I prefer form 10 - the use of large soft pillows on the end of big sticks. Swing wide and aim low. Stance preferred is wide legged ready for attack and for retreat. Retreat manouvre is achieved by running away very very fast and swearing loudly while laughing so hard it hurts.
Defencive manouvres are simple block and parry from below. To disarm an opponent simply keep hitting hard until their weapon lowers and then stand on their weapon end until they are forced to let go or face a trapped hand beneath the weapons stick. This could also loosely be termed a winning defeat.

:D :D

"running away very very fast and swearing loudly while laughing so hard it hurts"......:D

I remember having to use that maneuver myself!

Exhaust Port
10-09-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO

This sounds an awful lot like American Gladiators. :D

hango fett
10-09-2002, 12:28 PM
i'm fond of dooku and maces stlye. combined them and it is quite a site! i use it with my dooku saber at home.
h

187-Maul
10-09-2002, 12:38 PM
I prefer style 2 and 5 (and would maybe like 7 but we haven't seen much of it) because it just looks more elegant the way they swing their sabers, especially with anakin when he duels dooku in the dark

InsaneJediGirl
10-12-2002, 09:21 PM
My favorites are Forms 3 and 5.Form 5 would be my first choice,because it offers "Peace through superior firepower":DIt gives you the ability to maintain peace and protect,while driving your opponent into submission.