PDA

View Full Version : New He Man cartoons

Jedi Master Silas
10-01-2002, 03:01 PM
I just came back from Chicago and while there I saw the new He Man cartoons...I thought they were on Cartoon network but when I got back to my home state, West Virginia, I didnt see it listed on Cartoon Network here. Anyone know when it airs or what station carries it??? Also I saw a new Flintstones cartoon too. I cant find it on the tube here either.:confused:

thespar
10-01-2002, 03:06 PM
you are correct it on cartoon network, friday at 6 pm, sat. at 1 and 10 PM. as far a that flintsone cartoon i belive in was a specail and will play again when they feel like it.

Jedi Master Silas
10-01-2002, 03:13 PM
Oh cool thanks alot......I didnt see it in our preview guide at all but I'll tune in at those times to check it out.

Eternal Padawan
03-14-2003, 04:48 PM
Any idea when these ( or the originals) are gonna find their way onto DVD?

El Chuxter
03-14-2003, 05:56 PM
The weird looking Snake Armor Skeletor/Wolf Armor He-Man twofer at TRU comes with "The Courage of Adam" on VHS, and the first wave of Deluxe figures came with tapes of the original series, so hopefully in the not-too-distant future. ;)

THE Slayer
03-16-2003, 01:05 PM
moss man made an appearance in this week's ep. i thought he was pretty cool, considering I can't remember anything about him from the 80's.

Did anyone else hear about the possibility of a new thundercats movie courtesy of DH?

JediTricks
03-16-2003, 08:37 PM
Moss Man was pretty cool on the show, I remember as a kid he was one of my favorite figures but had no personality to me (not counting his pine-fresh smell ;)). The ep seemed kinda too guest-star-centered, but at least the ending wasn't just the same ol same ol.

Haven't heard of a movie, but that'd be awesome!

Amy
03-23-2003, 02:11 AM
There pretty good I think. The best episodes so far IMO i "Courage Of Adam" and "Lessons". Still like the originals a little better though;).

THE Slayer
11-13-2003, 05:09 PM
Has anyone watched any NEW eps. of Masters of the Universe Vs/ the Snake men, (how dramatic:) Anyway, what do you think so far. I won't post "spoiler" info yet.

JediTricks
11-13-2003, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I dumped on the first ep in a different thread, the one badmouthing Cartoon Network for all their failings. ;)

JediTricks
11-17-2003, 10:03 PM
Wow, is that it, just a 2-parter?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-17-2003, 10:16 PM
I saw the He-Man vs. the Snakemen episode last week. I wasn't too thrilled about it. When the narrarator says "He-Man vs. the Snakemen" in the openning, I thought it was a bit corny. The only part I liked was when Snake Mountain transformed. I know King Hiss was part of the original MOTU toy line, but was he ever shown in the original MOTU cartoon?

JediTricks
11-18-2003, 07:57 PM
"Masters of the Universe... VERSUS... the Snake Men!" is a terrible voice-over! But it seems like the 2nd ep was the end of the snake men (and their plotline), and the Masters had verrrrrry little to do with that, it's all Zodak.

THE Slayer
11-18-2003, 10:46 PM
Is that really the end of the snake men?? I'll guess we'll find out sat. Interesting...

THE Slayer
11-23-2003, 09:28 PM
Well apparently, that was not the end of the snake men. The ep. "the price of deceit" was pretty good though, I liked evil lyn without her helmet wear.

JediTricks
11-24-2003, 11:24 PM
I was surprised to see them stick with the "MOTU vs Snakemen" thing and keep the main snakemen alive. I think it's a bad decision and I think Mattel is foolish for putting all their stock into this 1-note thing. They've already started changing figures to come with snake-based accessories even when they don't really work with the figures.

And then, to top it all off, the snakemen weren't even IN this episode except for half a tick!!!

The ep itself was pretty interesting, though I was surprised to see Skeletor has no neck. :D

THE Slayer
11-25-2003, 12:32 AM
Well since the snake men are apparently staying, does anyone know if other figures are going to be getting the repackaged deal that whiplash and triklops received in the new line? Evil lyn? Roboto? Even older ones like Orko or teela?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
12-13-2003, 06:32 PM
Tonight's episode "Power of Greyskull" really explained a lot about Castle Greyskull's origin, even including Hordak's involvment with it. *Crosses fingers for a possible She-Ra appearance...*

THE Slayer
12-13-2003, 07:55 PM
Tonights ep was pretty cool. If you looked at the 4horsemens early designs for the revamped series King Grayskull pretty much looks like what they had originally planned for He-man. The back story was pretty good as well, and the Battle Lion was awsome. Hordak was also great, but I still don't plan on seeing she-ra anytime soon unless it's in another one of those dream sequences or maybe a scene with hordak and a speechless Adora standing behind him as a member of his crew.

evenflow
12-14-2003, 09:10 AM
It was cool to see their design finally used. Their original sketch is still much cooler though. I love the introduction of the Horde, but was really hoping to see He-Ro as well.

JediTricks
12-15-2003, 12:19 AM
Once again, the snakemen are barely even in the episode, although at least Grayskull was briefly wearing the armor that Sorceress gave to He-man in the first Snakemen ep. This ep was pretty cool overall, though I'm still not clear whether that's the same Sorceress as the current-day one, or how King Grayskull is an ancestor of Prince Adam. The ending was slick, but I hope that doesn't cut off future Hordak stuff.

scruffziller
12-15-2003, 01:44 AM
This ep was pretty cool overall, though I'm still not clear whether that's the same Sorceress as the current-day one.
Probably not since she really didn't look like the Sorceress of now and Grayskull's wife said when she was no longer able to guard then another would take her place. That statement alone meant to me she was not the same but perhaps a decendant of Grayskull's wife and maybe Grayskull himself to. Which might make Teela and Adam distant relatives..........:eek: I didn't get to see much of the original cartoon, was "any" of this stuff covered there. Was Hordak in the original etc.?

evenflow
12-15-2003, 10:42 AM
The ending was slick, but I hope that doesn't cut off future Hordak stuff.

I would not worry. Evil Lynn is way too interested in why Skeletor destroyed the shrine. She will find a way to release Hordak.

THE Slayer
12-15-2003, 11:15 AM
I remember Hordak from she-ra, but i assume he was in the original cartoon as well. I don't think adam is related to King Grayskull in any manner. If that was ever alluded to I must have missed it.

Evil Lyn, as always, has something planned for Hordak.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
12-15-2003, 10:58 PM
Was Hordak in the original etc.?
He was introduced in the He-Man/She-Ra special, The Secret of the Sword. Hordak became the main villian once She-Ra had her own series.

scruffziller
12-22-2003, 01:26 PM
Web Of Evil was somewhat of a blah ep but it was cool to see another charachter from the past-Fisto, I didn't know Man-At-Arms was his brother.

That spider-man, was he in the original cartoon? Man did he have a dopey name: WEB-STOR.:rolleyes: I was hoping it was SPY-DOR.:nerv:

So how many charachters from the original do we have to see yet?
I wish they would hurry up and do an ep with Faker.

THE Slayer
12-22-2003, 09:26 PM
Hm. I wish they would have shown how fisto came about getting that giant metal glove. Other than that I disliked the whole Webstor thing. This definitely wasn't as engaging as last weeks. That is all.

evenflow
12-23-2003, 07:57 PM
Hm. I wish they would have shown how fisto came about getting that giant metal glove.

I hope that they show him next week getting the Glove because of how he hurt his hand.

THE Slayer
12-28-2003, 07:11 PM
And Look. They showed us!!!

THE Slayer
01-14-2004, 10:41 PM
So apparently the season is over? And that the finale was possibly the last cartoon, ever.... That sucks. The ep was cool though.
I'm not gonna spoil anything yet, It will be on again Fri,, most likely.
Did anyone noticed how the "MOTU vs The SM" voice over wasnt used in every episode. Since I work on Saturdays, I taped them and watched them later. And not every ep has the voice over, just thought I'd see if anyone else noticed this.

evenflow
01-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Well it sucks that is all over now. I was really hoping for a season 3. I wanted to see Hordak in all his glorious evil.

JediTricks
01-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Rats! I totally missed it! I guess this means Mattel didn't see the returns it was banking on with the Snake Men sub-line of toys and is now killing the MOTU toys as well. Fools.

UPDATE - just checked the schedule, the only eps of MOTU are Council of Evil 1 and 2, next Saturday and then the following Sat respectively.

El Chuxter
07-30-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm not going for a Golden Shovel here. The new Thundercats show is a similar reboot and it reminded me how much I miss MOTU '02. :( God, this show was magnificent.