PDA

View Full Version : NEW HEAD SCULPTS for Imp Officer, Reb Fleet Trooper!

Tycho
10-01-2002, 03:49 PM
It was confirmed by another reliable source that the Rebel Fleet Trooper and Imperial Officer will be recarded on Blue Saga Cards with NEW HEADS!

Yes, finally, our armies will not look like Clones when they aren't supposed to.

Like the Endor Rebel Soldier, the new Imp Officer will be different, - maybe blonde haired?

and the Rebel Fleet Trooper could be that older guy, the Sargeant that you see on the Tantive IV!

This is VERY cool news, IMO!

Hasbro is coming through for the diorama builders!

Sidiously Darth
10-01-2002, 04:01 PM
Tycho, thanks for the great news. As far as a blonde Imp. Officer, I don't remember seeing any blonde Imperials. There were plenty of blonde rebels but all the Imps. were black, brown, grey, white, red or none at all. Then again, I could be wrong.:confused:

DarthBrandon
10-01-2002, 04:04 PM
That's good news Tyco, I can't wait, but don't you think they should make a four pack for these, like the Storm Troopers and the Endor Rebel Soldiers. I think this way it would be much better for army builders like others and myself out there. I also think they should release a four pack of Clone Trooper Officers and one of just the white infantry as well. Just IMO a better way. :D

evenflow
10-01-2002, 04:30 PM
Cool news, but i think the 4-pack idea would work really well.

OzOtter
10-01-2002, 04:36 PM
Surely in a four pack they wouldn't have four DIFFERENT heads?

Like the Endor rebel soldiers. It's ok for helmeted stormtroopers, their head is part of the uniform. I didn't buy the rebel soldiers because I already had that head sculpt, from the previously released, carded figure. I will buy new rebel troopers and imperial officers with new head sculpts in a blister pack. But I'd be mighty upset if the only way I could get the new head sculpt was to buy it in a pack of four (assuming they all had the same head sculpt)!

Rogue II
10-01-2002, 04:55 PM
I will be picking these up. I don't care if they are carded or in a 4-pack. It will cost $20 either way to get 4 of them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-01-2002, 05:13 PM
What can I say except for
SCHWEET!!!!!!!!!

I can say this, that's what. :D
I'm glad they're gonna have new heads, I probably wouldn't have bought them if they didn't. I hope they have new acessories, like the Officer could have a console, and I hope the Trooper has a blast effect among other things. The body sculpts were fine, but I wish they will give the Officer new arms. :)

DarthBrandon
10-01-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
What can I say except for
SCHWEET!!!!!!!!!

I can say this, that's what. :D
I'm glad they're gonna have new heads, I probably wouldn't have bought them if they didn't. I hope they have new acessories, like the Officer could have a console, and I hope the Trooper has a blast effect among other things. The body sculpts were fine, but I wish they will give the Officer new arms. :)

What's wrong with the arms? I would like to have some with bendable knees instead. The arms IMO are not that bad, but if they did that then it would be a new sculpt.:D

LTBasker
10-01-2002, 06:55 PM
But Tycho, everyone in the SW universe is a Clone! ;)

I hope they pack-in something to make the figures not seem so empty on the cards...then again we paid $5.88 at Wal-Mart when they first were released and now they're gonna be $1.11 less so I guess it wouldn't be all that bad if they're alone with just their weapons.

Tycho
10-01-2002, 07:59 PM
They are single-carded figures on blue blisters, regular (likely) collection 2 assortment. Unless they are collection 1, I don't think the Imp will have a detention counsel or whatever, but it's a great idea.

A blonde Imp officer (and traitor to Alderaan) is with Vader when Leia is captured in the beginning of ANH.

OzOtter is right: you don't want 4-packs of these with the same human face/head. What's the point of that? You have different sculpts so they're not clones!

The bodies will be identical. These are RECARDED Figures, but Hasbro made them different heads! It's a sweet idea!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-01-2002, 09:08 PM
Glad to see they resculpted the heads. Variety is the spice of life! I probably would have picked them up irregardless of the new design or not.

Originally posted by LTBasker
I hope they pack-in something to make the figures not seem so empty on the cards...then again we paid $5.88 at Wal-Mart when they first were released and now they're gonna be $1.11 less so I guess it wouldn't be all that bad if they're alone with just their weapons.

Don't forget Wally-Mart had bumped up their POTJ prices when that wave came out, so they were originally $6.44 not the $5.86 they once were for the beginning waves (but for some reason I picked up that FX-7/Imp. Officer wave for $3) :) . That $6.44 price continued although way to the preview figures, for a while anyway, because after a week or two, Wal-Mart lowered their prices to $5.88. That $5.88 price stuck around for a month or so after the Saga line was released, until all the retailers decided to lower their prices by about a buck. Wal-Mart's became $4.77, cheaper then all the major retailers.

Bottom line, if you go back to the Episode I figure days ($6.74 at Wal-Mart), we are paying $2 less, in getting, for the most part, a higher quality figure. :happy:

Old Fossil
10-01-2002, 09:21 PM
More good news for us Classic Trilogy fans! I am sleeping better already. Sweet dreams...

thespar
10-01-2002, 09:41 PM
i will problem pick them up after when it comes to the basic line a guess i am a complenist i own all ep1, all potj, and every saga one i could fine.

Jayspawn
10-01-2002, 09:45 PM
More Imperial Officers and Rebel Troopers is great news. We need more of each. Hopefully we'll see pictures in the near future.

BoShek
10-01-2002, 09:59 PM
Excellent!

By the way, the " Rebel Fleet Trooper could be that older guy, the Sargeant" name is Lt. Pello Scrambas.

bigbarada
10-01-2002, 10:20 PM
This is great news! Maybe the Imperial Officer will be the big-nosed guy who talked down to Vader on the Tantive IV. I think there were a couple of Imperial Officers with moustaches in the background of ROTJ, so that might be the difference.

Either way, this is awesome! So what else is going in that giant bubble? Another supersized Mouse Droid?;)

corporal AMF
10-02-2002, 01:31 AM
Well if they got inspired by that Tantive 4 officer, they would have to change their jacket !.......Remember that this officer is wearing the Death Star gunner suit instead of the Officers tunics and breeches

bigbarada
10-02-2002, 01:45 AM
The TIE Pilots also use that suit, if you notice the commlink on the Imperial Officer's left wrist. The Scanning Crew and AT-ST Drivers wear a grey version of that uniform also.

corporal AMF
10-02-2002, 01:46 AM
Why oh Why we haven't a correct Officer's uniform !, just use the Motti mold and that would be Ok, Is that so difficult !

corporal AMF
10-02-2002, 01:50 AM
I believe Everyone is refering to this guy when speaking of the blonde officer:

corporal AMF
10-02-2002, 01:51 AM
I suppose all of you are speaking of this guy, when calling 'blonde officer' :

bigbarada
10-02-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by corporal AMF
Why oh Why we haven't a correct Officer's uniform !, just use the Motti mold and that would be Ok, Is that so difficult !

I would prefer a new mold if they were to make a generic figure of that uniform, even though I think the uniform on the POTJ figure is cooler.:) I think that is the uniform worn by the Shuttle pilots also.

bigbarada
10-02-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by corporal AMF
I suppose all of you are speaking of this guy, when calling 'blonde officer' :

Actually, that's the officer I mentioned from the Tantive IV, someone just did a really bad job of tinting his hair blonde and his lips purple.:confused:

Tycho
10-02-2002, 02:35 AM
His hair is blonde in the movie.

He's the one that says "She'll die before she tells you anything!"

bigbarada
10-02-2002, 02:45 AM
Yep, that's him, but he's wearing the wrong uniform. The POTJ Imperial Officer uniform was most prominent in the formations behind Vader and Jerjerrod at the beginning of ROTJ.

jjreason
10-04-2002, 03:01 AM
Id like to get some variations of the imps and rebels. The guy who DV chokes at the start of ANH has different coloured togs on, does he not? Maybe the sculpt could be the same, but moulded in the new colours? Not likely, maybe we'll see him in the same wave as Yarna. :)

Chiesa
10-04-2002, 11:53 AM
Yes yes I think thats a great idea... 2003 is defintely looking more and more rosy!! hehehe

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D

Jargo
10-04-2002, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't really call him an officer. more like a stormtrooper in regular infantry uniform for light duties. He looks like the Imperial janitor to me. :) never stopped me buyng four of the POTJ release version though. And I'll probably pick up the same of the new head version too.

Same with the RFT. I refuse to call the grey haired guy hairy ol' crabass or whatever it is we're supposed to accept from the EU. he's just grey haired guy who gets shot to me. Still be cool to get him though. Although, I'd have prefered them to redo the RFT's feet so he actually stays stood up. His feet are way too small. And if they just bent his arms out of that two handed blaster firing pose and have him standing to attention so we could have him stand as sentry inside Yavin base........... oh I know, never satisfied always wanting more and more and more. :rolleyes: so shoot me already! :crazed:

Adam
10-04-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
The guy who DV chokes at the start of ANH has different coloured togs on, does he not?

Isn't that Captain Antilles?

Jargo
10-04-2002, 04:26 PM
Oh for a Captain Antilles figure......... :(

Darth Vellner
10-04-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Tycho

A blonde Imp officer (and traitor to Alderaan) is with Vader when Leia is captured in the beginning of ANH.

Also, Jeremy Bulloch (who had Blonde hair) (AKA-Boba Fett) Also plays An Imp. Officer in ESB (when leia yells to luke: "its a trap") J. Bulloch drags her off (dressed as a Imp. Officer).

BoShek
10-04-2002, 09:20 PM
A Jeremy Bulloch would be a fitting tribute to the real Boba Fett.

Darth Evil
10-06-2002, 07:39 AM
I thought of Bulloch in ESB as well. He was wearing a brown uniform, wasn't he? I'd like to see a figure of him being released.

AdmiralPiett
10-06-2002, 11:43 AM
What about the blonde imperial officer who says "they're so small that they're evading our turbo lasers" ?