PDA

View Full Version : Gi Joe? Whats up with the paint jobs???

Jedi Master Silas
10-01-2002, 07:55 PM
I've bought several 2 packs of the Joes and I've noticed I have 2 of alot of the figures(exactly same scultps) with different paint jobs. Whats up with that??? Scarlett, Zartan, Sgt. Stalker, and another one I cant think of who it was right off hand. All they are doing is changing the paint scheme...hummm. Also I just found the Blowtorch/Cobra Snow Serpent (VERY COOL!!!) Beach Head/Dr Mindbender (WHOA!!!!) and Flint/Baroness (could have done better with Baroness) If you havent seen the Snow Serpent your missing out...so far it is my #1 fav. :confused: :D

Check out the pics of Scarlett I posted to see what I'm talking about. Most of the paint is MUCH different then this example.

Jedi Master Silas
10-01-2002, 08:02 PM
Sorry I couldnt get both pics on the same thread..

TheFrankEinstein
10-02-2002, 11:21 AM
I believe some of the characters, such as Scarlett and Stalker, are packed with more than one villain, and the repaints are to make the figure at least a little different in case you have the other one too.

Jedi Master Silas
10-02-2002, 01:26 PM
They should have made other figures....but wait...they cant be true because they made double paint varations of some of the villians too. Hasbro needs to get a clue.

JediTricks
10-02-2002, 07:12 PM
This is a classic Hasbro move, and sometimes it works - but Hasbro abuses it like a $5 donkey. Why resculpt when you can just change the paint app? Oh yeah, so your customers don't get sick of the same figure over and over and abandon the line. :p

Jedi Master Silas
10-05-2002, 06:55 PM
A $5 donkey???? LMAO never heard that one before. As quess as long as we keep buying the paint variations they will continue to use this technique.

LTBasker
10-05-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
This is a classic Hasbro move, and sometimes it works - but Hasbro abuses it like a $5 donkey. Why resculpt when you can just change the paint app? Oh yeah, so your customers don't get sick of the same figure over and over and abandon the line. :p

Yeah, it was called Batman. :cry:

Eternal Padawan
10-06-2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker

Yeah, it was called Batman. :cry:

Ooh! Maybe they'll get the Joe license taken away, too!

Oh wait.

They own that one...

:(

jjreason
10-06-2002, 12:48 PM
Imagine for one second Palisades-style GI Joes. With the look of the Micronauts, they would be near perfect. And I get the feeling that the guys/gals in charge over there care about "cool" - ie NO PURPLE HIGHLIGHTS ON THE DARNED NINJAS FOR CRIKEY!!!!!!

That there was a minirant. Sorry.

Jedi Master Silas
10-19-2002, 04:20 AM
Has anyone else seen the two Snake Eyes paint variation???? Just found both..one is black the other purple and grey. Both come with the same Cobra Commander (Resculpt with rubber band and snake staff)

Eternal Padawan
10-19-2002, 10:18 AM
I saw that hideous Purple 'n Grey Snake-Eyes. Eeeuuch. The BeachHead/MindBender set is the sweetest. So far these new Joes haven't enticed me enough to plunk down any cash for them, but I think ol' Beach Head might change my mind. The Snow Serpent was cool, but the Blowtorch was "meh" so I skipped that one. I'm looking forward to Flint, too. What's up with the crap vehicles they are releasing in this series? They all look lame on toast.

Jedi Master Silas
10-19-2002, 07:11 PM
I dont like the repaints hasblah has been doing...and the vehicles??? Yuckola. I have to admit I've bought most of the new figs and I love'em! Makes me feel like a kid again!