PDA

View Full Version : Info and ???

Jangu Fett
10-01-2002, 08:52 PM
First the info, I just put a post on the "Dear Hasbro" Forum called "Hasblow DO it Right, OR NOT AT ALL" I want everyone who is upset with what Hasbro is doing to both the AF and MM, to go to that thread and vent. Let them know how you feel. Everyone who love the AF, tell them what their doing wrong. If you loved the MMs, well, let them know you want them back.

Now the question. Jeditricks, can you get some straight info out of Hasbro about the AF? Is the line doing well? Can we expect to see Mini-figs? Whats next? We are all dying to know these things. Or can you re-summit that Poll about the AF and MM, telling them we want the REAL THING, not some second rate trash.?.?

I'm tired of Hasbro Doing everything for the 3 inch collectors (FANS CHOICE FIGURES) And whatever else, but treating us loyal GALOOB fans like garbage.

:mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad:

Beast
10-01-2002, 09:03 PM
Garbage in, Garbage out. Ya know how serious hasbro treats people that say stuff like "Hasblow". They just choose to ignore those people, because if they can't make an intelligent post without mud-slinging they aren't worth listening to. That attitudes twords the community is prevelent in big business today. Even FOX video and Columbia reined in their DVD forums postings and info gathering due to stuff like this.

The AT-TE looks pretty good, and may actually make me get back into the hobby. The quality of Galoobs Micro Machines were hit and miss also, so you can't act like they were perfect. Hasbro already mentioned bringing the mini-figs back next year, but they don't have the molds for them so they would have to be redone from scratch or take molds off the old figures. So give them a chance, you have bearly seen anything they have in works for the new line.

The 4" line is Hasbro's Bread and Butter. Why you think they have never done any 12" polls. Hasbro could have decided to never do MM or AF stuff again, so I would give them some time to get with the program. Should you be totally satisfied, hell no. Should you start slinging mud at Hasbro, hell no.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jangu Fett
10-01-2002, 09:31 PM
Point taken. Sorry, had to vent some of my frustration.

I've change the name from Hasblow to the proper HAsbro. If they have the molds for the AF ships what happen to the molds for the AF mini-figs? Now, I know they would have to do new molds for the E2 figs, but what about the originals? And yes I know hasbro said they may bring the mini-figs back.

I also know that the MM were not of the best quality, but they were better then nothing. And I don't expect to be totally satisfied, I wasn't totally satisfied with all of Galoobs work.

And seems that I might have upset some people with what I said in that post and if thats the case I'm sorry.

JediTricks
10-02-2002, 06:25 PM
I can try to get Hasbro to fess up on the current state of MM, but I've been getting nothing but static lately and I don't know why. Even if they were honked off about Tycho's news, they should have told us. I still have the poll handy and have been considering resubmitting it for a while now.

Jangu Fett
10-02-2002, 09:18 PM
Just a thought, if at SDCC this HAsbro Rep. knew Tycho was a reporter, why tell him? If Hasbro wanted to keep the return of the mini-figs secret, why would he spill the beans? Or if the Rep. didn't know it was suppost to be a secret, why not after the news got out, just confirm it? It's not our fault their man dropped the ball, if in fact Hasbro is "honked off" as JT put it;) . But, something that Glitch told me bothers me. About the way business thinks:

1) The AF sells good without figs- why add them later?
2) The AF doesn't sell- nobody is interested in the AF

Anyway, if Hasbro is adding the Mini-figs to the 2003 sets, does that mean Slave-1 will include a mini-fig of Jango?

JediTricks
10-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Hasbro is weird, a few SDCCs ago, they showed off all this Action Fleet stuff like the Death Star and Star Destroyer... then cancelled the whole line a few days later. However, when Steve has had proof of stuff online and asked Hasbro for confirmation, sometimes they will sit on their hands like they're doing now. They are a tough nut to crack.

sicqnus
10-04-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Hasbro is weird, a few SDCCs ago, they showed off all this Action Fleet stuff like the Death Star and Star Destroyer... then cancelled the whole line a few days later. However, when Steve has had proof of stuff online and asked Hasbro for confirmation, sometimes they will sit on their hands like they're doing now. They are a tough nut to crack.

I agree : Hasbro has a very bad communication staff. They should fire everybody ! :D

And I must say : the Hasbro web site could be better. No informations on past products, bad and small pics pics, bad interface...

SWAFMAN
10-05-2002, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by sicqnus
And I must say : the Hasbro web site could be better. No informations on past products, bad and small pics pics, bad interface...

I completely agree. Hasbro's website is painful and frustrating to use for finding Action Fleet info, and worthless for all but the most immediate releases.

They remind me of the mindset of the major U.S. auto makers in the 1970s (or maybe even G-Lu). They're so big in their industry that they think they don't have to cater to the customer. They presume to know better than we, what we want.

They could take a lesson from Haggie on how to publish a site that does the product line justice, and treats their collector fan base as valued customers.