PDA

View Full Version : Action Fleet Wish List!

Jayspawn
10-02-2002, 12:08 AM
I don't often get to this area of the forums but I was curious as to what ships you would like to see made into Hasbro's new and overhauled Action Fleet line.

I would like to see....

- Slave I from 'Clones'

- Republic Gunship from 'Clones'

- Sith Infiltrator from 'Menace'

- Rebel Transport from 'Empire'

- Star Destroyer from 'Hope'

sicqnus
10-02-2002, 12:34 AM
Hi Jayspawn

The Rebel exists in the MM/playsets line. It was produced in 1996, UPC code is "47246-65996".

You can see some pics at : http://www.sicqnus.com/swarsafcl.htm

SAGA Action Fleet list for 2002-03 : http://www.sicqnus.com/swarsafsaga.htm

The Star Destroyer will not be produced. Here is a pic of the prototype shown at ToyFair 2000 : http://www.sicqnus.com/news/sd-stardestroyer.jpg

Enjoy !

Sicqnus

Battle Droid
10-02-2002, 12:35 AM
Republic LAAT/c (Dropship) with Mini AT-TE.

Techno Union Starship.

Trade Federation Core Ship.

Neimoidian Shuttle.

good shot jansen
10-02-2002, 08:09 AM
pod racers baby! bring on the pods! i would love for hasbro to introduce a different pair of pod racers with each quarter.

i still can't believe that a full set of pods can't be attained in any toy format.

for awhile there (three fricken years ago), it looke d like we were gonna get a complete line of pods with the pod racing die-casts, but alas, that fell short at only 10 racers. sheeeesh

JediTricks
10-02-2002, 06:27 PM
I want a new sculpt on the X-wing, the Y-wing, and the B-wing. I want an AF outrider! I want all sorts of other stuff, but those come to mind immediately.

Jangu Fett
10-02-2002, 08:35 PM
The Outrider would be awesome. I asked Galoob why they did Xizor's ship and not the Outrider,but never got a response.

I want to see a AF Scimitar Assault Bomber, both Anakin's and Zam's Airspeeders, a Solar Sailor that could fit mini-figures and a AT-PT Battle Pack.

JediGoofy
10-03-2002, 05:50 AM
I already told this (and maybe I am a little bit boring :) ), but I would really love to have a Nebulon B Medical Frigate in scale with the Mini-MM Millennium Falcon (the one in the Special Edition Premiere Giveaway).
That would be awesome! :happy:

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. A part from the MM version, does it exist any other (bigger) version of the Nebulon B?
Maybe it was planned in the Collector Fleet, but never produced (afaik).
It is a pity for this beautiful ship. :(

JediTricks
10-03-2002, 07:40 PM
Jangu, on the other side of that, why did Hasbro make an Outrider for their figures but scrap the Virago they had mocked up?

Goofy, as far as I know, the only unproduced Collectors Fleet ship was the Mon Calamari one that was supposed to come out with the Super Star Destroyer.

sicqnus
10-03-2002, 10:12 PM
I agree with JT, new sculpts of the X-wing, Y-Wing and B-wing would be great.

The only one toy of the Nebulon B frigate ever made is the Micro Machines one. To my knowledge, not any other toys, kits (even garage kits) of this ship were produced.

If you want to see some cool collectibles :

Scratchbuilt Mon Calamari cruiser :
http://www.starshipmodeler.com/starwars/pb_mon.htm

Z-95 headhunter model ($65) :
http://www.starshipmodeler.com/starwars/jl_pre_z95.htm

bigbarada
10-04-2002, 03:06 AM
I would like to see:

Republic Gunship
LAAT/c
SPHA-T
Homing Spider Droid
Dwarf Spider Droid
Hailfire Droid
Tank Droid
Trade Federation Control Orb
Techno Union Warship

It would be even cooler to make them all the same scale as the current AT-TE, this way we can create a mini-Geonosis Battle Diorama.:)

LTBasker
10-04-2002, 03:32 AM
- Outrider
- Moldy Crow (Jedi Knight)
- Raven's Claw (Jedi Knight 2)
- E2 Royal Starship
- E2 Padme's personal transport
- Better Solar Sailor
- New B-wing
- New TIE Defender
- Lady Luck
- TIE Advanced (TIE Fighter games and such)
- Z-95 Headhunter
- Geonosian Fighter
- Republic Mobile Cannon (thingy that shot down the Trade Fed spheres)

JediTricks
10-04-2002, 03:48 AM
Moldy Crow, most definitely!

sicqnus
10-04-2002, 10:18 AM
The Lady Luck and the SPHA-T are ugly...

good shot jansen
10-04-2002, 10:28 AM
i love the lady luck mm. true it's bland, and not much to look at, but when mixed in the aramda, it's a cool addition.

an af version would be a nice additon, and would look great next to the falcon.

what's the spha-t? i don't recognize that name.

Jangu Fett
10-04-2002, 01:43 PM
SPHA-T stands for Self Propelled Heavy Artillery - Tubrolaser. LTBasker, that mobile cannon was the SPHA-T;)

Wasn't Hasbro going to do a new sculpt for the Y-Wing? I thought there were photos of it from SDCC 2000?

The new TIE Defender, new X-Wing, Geonosian Fighter, both of the Chrome ship from E2, and a new B-wing would be sweet.:D

bigbarada
10-04-2002, 04:15 PM
What's the Moldy Crow? Is that an EU ship?

I would like to add Bossk's Hound's Tooth to the list.

BTW, here's a picture of the SPHA-T:

JediTricks
10-04-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Jangu Fett
Wasn't Hasbro going to do a new sculpt for the Y-Wing? I thought there were photos of it from SDCC 2000?Turned out that those were high-quality models Galoob did for ILM, they were just on display to show off what Galoob was capable of.

I don't remember the Spha-t, looks VERY cg, kinda like a walking version of Jabba's palace.

The moldy crow is Kyle Katarn's ship in the video games Dark Forces and DF2: Jedi Knight.

bigbarada
10-04-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I don't remember the Spha-t, looks VERY cg, kinda like a walking version of Jabba's palace.

I think about 90% of everything in Ep2 looks VERY CG. I really don't care though, as long as it looks cool, it doesn't have to look real.

The SPHA-Ts are the ones that took out the Trade Federation Control Orb before it could take off during the Geonosis Battle. Then it came crashing to the ground, engulfing everything in a wall of dust and debris (sound familiar to anyone?).

Glitch
10-07-2002, 02:38 PM
JT hit it on the head with the Y-wing and other models at Toy Fair that year. A rumer was started that they were the models for some type of new line of AF. In reality, someone just wanted to show off his toys.

vulcantouch
10-07-2002, 10:40 PM
Tawk about yer galoober chainyank ;)

JediTricks
10-08-2002, 12:29 AM
BB, I usually feel that CG should be heard and not seen. :D Hmm, how about "CG - a little goes a long way" or "CG - it just sits in your colon and gives you cancer", oh wait, that's red meat, sorry. ;) I'm just not a fan of anything that looks so fake in a "realstic" world. With Tron, I love it all, but it's SUPPOSED to look unrealistic, with SW, stuff like the AT-TE just don't do as much for me as the AT-AT, both on-screen and as-toy. (hee hee, I made up a buzzword)

Glitch, I'm afraid this is the very site that accidentally started that rumor, but to quote Han and Lando, "it's not my fault!" :D What happened was they put out all this cool Galoob product and Steve sent me the pics right then and there from his hotel room nearby and was told that all the new stuff in the pics was new Action Fleet. Only when he went back to get more info and pics and shoot the Galoob slideshow from the Hasbro/Galoob reps was it explained to us that even though they were sitting together, only the Star Destroyer, Death Star, and Series Alphas were actually new toys. So either someone initially miscommunicated the info to Steve or Steve misunderstood and passed it along to me - who had already been champing at the bit for revisits of those AF. :o