PDA

View Full Version : How do you position the bubbles on the Republic Gunship?

JEDIpartner
10-02-2002, 11:56 AM
Okay... I have the Gunship and I have my Clone Trooper Pilots (which are very cool, by the way). I have attached the bubble turrets to the ship, but have a question as to how the firing controls should be positioned. I have them out to the outer side of the bubbles so they do not interfere with the firing of the "missiles."

Sadly... neither the figure nor the instrutions for the gunship can educate us on this matter. It is even difficult to see the images on the packaging as well. Does anyone have the inside track on this??

Incidentally... the instruction sheet for the Gunship states the bubble turrets come with the DELUXE CLONE TROOPER and the the other item as CLONE TROOPER WITH SPEEDER BIKE. They really can't do too much correctly there at Hasblah, eh? ;)

JEDIpartner
10-02-2002, 01:52 PM
Apparently... no one else has a clue about this either!! :eek:

bigbarada
10-02-2002, 02:00 PM
I wish I had some Clone Pilots, so I could figure this out.:cry:

We have nothing beyond Chewie and Pilot Obi-Wan over here.:cry::cry:

Val Da Car
10-02-2002, 02:20 PM
I have three gunships and red clone trooopers jammed in as the pilots until I see the Clone trooper pilot at the retail level for a resonable cost.

Not at Ebay price$....

I have no idea how to set the bubbles....but when I do I will let you know...:cry:

Prince Xizor
10-02-2002, 02:35 PM
Yeah, same here. I have the Gunship but no Pilots. When I get some, I will be sure to give my input on this matter.

Jargo
10-02-2002, 04:19 PM
Go to http://www.galactichunter.com and go to the image bank, click the links until you find their republic gunship page. There's a pic of the gun turret in place with the clone pilot sitting next to it holding the trigger mechanism thingy. As far as I can tell, from what hasbro did to get the bubbles onto the vehicle that is the only way to use the whole gun turret in that there pic.
Short of that I can't help you because I'm still waiting for delivery of my gunship and haven't even begun to look for pilots yet.

rynobot
10-02-2002, 05:38 PM
There are no bubbles for the Gunship only missile turrets.

Freedom
10-02-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I wish I had some Clone Pilots, so I could figure this out.:cry:

We have nothing beyond Chewie and Pilot Obi-Wan over here.:cry::cry:

Same here

JEDIpartner
10-03-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by rynobot
There are no bubbles for the Gunship only missile turrets.

:confused:

Okay... do you HAVE the Gunship (???)... because I have it right here in front of me. It HAS bubble turrets on the wings and it now has (thanks to the Clone Trooper Pilot figures) the additional bubble turrets hanging out of the deployment doors.

Thanks for the info Jargo. It seems as though Hasblah wasn't too concerned about us getting the "official" word on this issue.

Jargo
10-03-2002, 03:09 PM
Artoosnews have just addressed this very issue and posted pics.

It's on their main page about halfway down right now. http://www.artoosnews.com :)

Turbowars
10-03-2002, 07:43 PM
It couldn't be that hard, I mean these toys are for kids. Hey, what do I know, I have a Gunship, but no Pilot to go with it.

rynobot
10-03-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

:confused:

Okay... do you HAVE the Gunship (???)... because I have it right here in front of me. It HAS bubble turrets on the wings and it now has (thanks to the Clone Trooper Pilot figures) the additional bubble turrets hanging out of the deployment doors.

Thanks for the info Jargo. It seems as though Hasblah wasn't too concerned about us getting the "official" word on this issue.

OK, I DO HAVE THE GUNSHIP, ITS SITTING RIGHT INFRONT OF ME. YES THERE ARE SMALL BUBBLES IN THE WINGS. THE TURRETS THAT COME WITH THE PILOTS ARE NOT BUBBLES, THEY ARE SOLID PLASTIC, THERE IS NO WAY FOR ANYTHING TO GO INSIDE THEM! HOW CAN THEY BE BUBBLES IF THEY ARE SOLID? CAUSE THEY AREN'T BUBBLES THEY ARE MISSILE TURRETS!

hango fett
10-03-2002, 08:26 PM
i just wish i had a few of them! none in sight of my area!
h

Dar' Argol
10-03-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by rynobot

OK, I DO HAVE THE GUNSHIP, ITS SITTING RIGHT INFRONT OF ME. YES THERE ARE SMALL BUBBLES IN THE WINGS. THE TURRETS THAT COME WITH THE PILOTS ARE NOT BUBBLES, THEY ARE SOLID PLASTIC, THERE IS NO WAY FOR ANYTHING TO GO INSIDE THEM! HOW CAN THEY BE BUBBLES IF THEY ARE SOLID? CAUSE THEY AREN'T BUBBLES THEY ARE MISSILE TURRETS!

First off, lower the caps, no one likes to be shouted at.

Second, its a POV. They "look like bubbles" so JEDIpartnr refrrered to them as such. When I think of a "Turret" I think of a big metal contraption with cannos sticking out of it, like a tank turret. But when JP refrrers to them as "Bubble" turrets, I know exactly what he is referring to. :D

Nexu
10-03-2002, 08:59 PM
BAN HIM!!!!! BAAAAAAAAAAAN HIM!!!!! :evil:

bigbarada
10-04-2002, 01:24 AM
Wow, they're not clear so they can't be bubbles. That's an amazing bit of logical reasoning you have there rynobot.:stupid:

In the film they are bubbles, since Clonetroopers do go inside of them. Thus they are referred to as bubbles on the toy.

JEDIpartner
10-04-2002, 10:54 AM
thanks for stepping up for me there BigB. I thought I was losing my mind. I THOUGHT they were referred to as "bubble" turrets.

JEDIpartner
10-04-2002, 02:02 PM
...and thanks, Jargo, for pointing me in the right direction!! (again)

Jargo
10-04-2002, 02:05 PM
Orbular weapon emplacements. Globular destructive aparatus. Spherical mechanisms of attack in functionality. :happy:

Bubble is so much easier to type..... ;)

Prince Xizor
10-04-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Orbular weapon emplacements. Globular destructive aparatus. Spherical mechanisms of attack in functionality. :happy:

Bubble is so much easier to type..... ;)

I'm kind of partial to round circle thingys that hang from my Gunship and shoot stuff. :)

rynobot
10-04-2002, 06:55 PM
In the movie they are bubbles on the toy they are not. Maybe you should check #7 bubble (http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=bubble)

Jargo
10-04-2002, 08:36 PM
I thought this one fitted the description better:

4. A small, hollow, floating bead or globe, formerly used for testing the strength of spirits.

It's pointless getting antsy over this. Stop being petty for the sake of being petty, trying to get a rise out of people and move on for gods sake. Life is too short for this kind of pedantry. The forums have taken a knocking with this kind of crappy childishness for too long and it's tiring to read and wade through and boring as f***! I come here to talk about star wars toys, but 'wars' is not the operative word to describe why I come here. I've been having about as much fun as a cat down a soil pipe lately so please cut out the arguing over petty issues and get on with the toy discussions.

Nexu
10-04-2002, 08:41 PM
Cat down a soil pipe. Heheheheh. ;)

JEDIpartner
10-04-2002, 09:42 PM
AMEN!!!