PDA

View Full Version : UK delivery of shuttle delayed?

Jargo
10-03-2002, 01:31 PM
Rebelscum just reported that according to a 'major UK retailer' there will be a delay in the shipping of the Imperial shuttle to the UK. The shuttle is not expected to ship out of Hong Kong until Dec 15th meaning that it won't be here before christmas and will most likely not arrive until late January.

Now, this was reported by 'Jeremy' who has been inaccurate before now with pre-emptive reporting before the true facts are out. Where he got his info from I have no idea but i intend to find out tomorrow whether there's some credence to this or not. I have mine on pre-order with R2DTOYS so presumably they would know of any shipping delay since it's them who's ordered a load in. This 'major UK retailer' could be anyone or no-one and this could be bunkum completely. I just thought I'd post this here for you to discuss and post anything you discover about this if you too have it on pre-order. Sounds a bit suspect to me. but then again..... :rolleyes: "we were made to suffer, it's our lot in life..."

odb
10-03-2002, 02:43 PM
Part of me suspects that this will turn out to be true, while other parts of me leave it is 'inaccurate'. Considering we've had no news on who the major supplier will be I'm some what secptical. I've heard that R2 toys are getting theirs direct from Hong Kong, so there's a chance they may not be affected.

Then again Hasbro's track record for releasing items in Europe in general is not good, so I won't be surprised if it is delayed.

gibbspaulus
10-03-2002, 03:04 PM
What with all the uncertainty this just adds fuel to the panic. I will wait to see what happens. I can't afford one now anyway

Jargo
10-03-2002, 03:45 PM
OK, here's what John from R2DTOYS has to say on the matter:

thanks for asking, but our delivery will be A-OK.
we don't buy from HK........
we expect december shipment, but maybe 21 days transit time.
but we may be lucky for November ship and December delivery.

you are safe with us.
thanks !!
John

Which was nice.... No seriously that's really cool to hear. :D

I don't know what 'Jeremy' is on about then.

jedi_uk73
10-03-2002, 05:14 PM
Not sure what is going on, but that's the second thing to be delayed for shipping to the UK.

The Geo Arena has apparently been delayed till mid November, and now the Shuttle till January (possibly).

I thought Hasbro UK, would have announced this info, as they are supposed to be keeping us UK collectors updated with news etc etc.

I'm still a bit undecided as to buy, or not to buy the Shuttle. For the price of 95, it's not much considering it's shere size. I've just bought myself a vintage one, and if thats anything to go by, 95 for a new one (in a box) is well worth it.

Jargo
10-03-2002, 06:53 PM
Christmas stuff is always jiggered with shipping-wise. remember the T'birdsTracey island fiasco? I find it weird that stuff still comes by sea from China. That slow boat sure is slow sometimes.... :crazed:

I know, being silly doesn't help. :rolleyes:

I really don't know what to think. Maybe someone will raise the issue with hasbro themselves and we'll get an answer in their live webchat session coming up very soon. Can't remember the exact date but TPU has an article related to it and I bet it's up at www.hasbrojedi.co.uk

I don't mind the 95 peice tag. I'd rather pay that for a nice new one than 4 - 600 for a used one with corroded battery compartment and peeling stickers. (I over emphasise I know, but it gets my point across nicely with the dramatics). I like the paint deco on the new one better anyway. :)