PDA

View Full Version : Hey Hasbro! Make with the pictures, already!

JediCole
10-03-2002, 03:01 PM
Trust me, I know how the production process in toys works. Only too well. I have written extensively here in these forums about the various steps.

However, I am compelled to make an appeal to Hasbro to throw us and Sir Steve a bone and get more images out there! Even if it is just concept sketches or prototypes. There was time when you could come here and see the prototypes at least on many upcoming figures. Now days, nothing.

I do realize that this could be an editorial decision on the part of the Sir Steve's Guide staff. That perhaps it was determined that a loose, painted version was preferable to a stark, unpainted one. However, I have seen nothing to suggest that this is the case, so I am led to conclude that Hasbro is simply slow to release images.

I think that it would be in the best interest of Hasbro to provide as much imagery as possible to the better fan sites (like my personal favorite, the one that bears this post). In a time when the folks at Hasbro are making inroads in their relationship with the adult collector (selecting background characters and collector favorites, convention appearences, actual acknowledgement by Hasbro personnel that such a market exists), it would seem only logical that the sooner we know what is coming, the greater the anticipation of its arrival.

That being said, I submit a humble request that Hasbro adopt a PR program that gets more than character names into the hands of web site administrators months in advance. Especially given that many such lists are gleaned from retailer stock lists rather than direct from Hasbro. Don't get me wrong, they have made tremendous strides in the last few years, I simply see this as the next logical step.

OzOtter
10-06-2002, 11:48 AM
Hmmm... I don't neccessarily agree. I used to live in Australia and would read things like Toyfare and see pictures of toys long before they were released in Oz (you all get them waaay before we do). Upon seeing the image for the first time I would get quite excited, and had they been released within the next two months (in Australia) I would have snapped them up. But by the time they were released, some four months later, I was like, "Eh...!" And never bought them. My point is, I think there is a certain window during which anticipation builds, but if you hold out too long, people will lose interest.

Note: that was for non-SW toys. With SW I am going to buy everything anyway, no matter when it's releaased!

ashleybrown18
10-09-2002, 08:29 AM
Well, considering that, i would still love to see prototypes of figures, but knowing hasbro, we would get pics, eveyone gets excited and then hasbro announce they arent going to make it any more >:(