PDA

View Full Version : Why is Target's Halloween section so superior?

JediTricks
10-04-2002, 03:37 AM
I can't say I'm a dedicated Target shopper, I can usually take or leave this chain; but during Halloween Target seems to go crazy with so many awesome Halloween decorations and toys and such - how come they are so much better at Halloween than the other major retailers? Wal-mart is pitiful in comparison, TRU has dwindled away, and K-mart needs to focus on more than just costumes, but Target... every year their offerings blow me away.

Beast
10-04-2002, 03:40 AM
I agree JediTricks, it's actually pretty odd. You would think that Wal-Mart, being more of a family store, and usually a much larger store would be equally impressive. But nothing beats Target when it comes to anything Halloween. :)

Actually, I think that it's not just on Halloween. They seem to have a pretty kickarse Christmas section as well. Maybe Dar' Argol can chime in with Wal-Mart's position about this? Maybe Sam Walton didn't care much for Holidays or somthing?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
10-04-2002, 07:45 AM
Our Wal Mart has alot of great "NEW" stuff this year. And stuff gets more sophisticated each year. It is hard to imagine anything bigger and better.

Jayspawn
10-04-2002, 11:07 AM
Target always beats out every other store in my area during Halloween. Heck, some of my stores have their Christmas stuff out already.

LTBasker
10-04-2002, 11:39 AM
Cause it's the only time that the employees get out of their mental crypts. ;)

Actually the Target here doesn't have a very good selection and the best place to go around here is one of the older Super Wal-Marts which usually has a really good sized aisle dedicated to new Halloween costumes and decorations.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-04-2002, 04:27 PM
Target always has better displays than Wal-Mart. I prefer Wal-Mart over Target when it comes to anything SW related, of course because of the price. My Wal-Mart already has giant blow-up Santas, Christmas trees and snowmen out, and the Halloween section is so terrible it makes me want to vomit.

JediTricks
10-04-2002, 04:30 PM
The Halloween stuff at my Wal-marts is ok this year, but most of it is just electronic stuff IMO, not a lot of cool stuff or neat decor. It seems like WM focuses only on 1 area of Halloween product per year, usually the hit thing from Targer from last year. In my area, Targets are always the clear leader in both Halloween and Christmas stuff both in choices and in style variety. I'm kinda surprised to hear it's not that way everywhere - Targets here rip up the competition so badly that I almost can't imagine it being that different in other areas.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-05-2002, 09:15 PM
You know I noticed the same thing the other day.

It looks like at nearly all the Wal-Marts and K-Marts the employees just take the Halloween decorations and dump them over the aisles.

Target's Halloween aisle on the other hand is tidy, chic, nice, and orderly. They don't have all those tacky outdoor decorations--just the trendy stuff. Price wise, they are very competitive.

On a Star Wars note, Targets discounted their AOTC cereal to something like $1.25 a box.

JEDIpartner
10-06-2002, 08:20 PM
The Target I dissed a couple months back for not letting me buy one of EACH accessory pack is ALWAYS on top of the game. It seems like all the Wal*Marts in the Cleveland area are so bloody low-rent. They are always a mess and the employees seem so grumpy.

The Targets here always have top selection and a sensible layout to their sections. The Halloween department is no exception to that rule. The costumes are always neatly displayed and quite an extensive collection exists as well! All of the "props" and accessories for the costumes are also in good supply there. It's like they make everything so easy to find.

2-1B
08-30-2007, 08:54 PM
I can't wait to see what they come out with this year.

JediTricks
08-31-2007, 02:28 AM
You don't have to wait, they started last week. :rolleyes:

General_Grievous
08-31-2007, 08:19 AM
Target's more about quality, Wal-Mart's more about quantity. Wal-Mart may have more stuff, but Target organizes it better.

2-1B
08-31-2007, 10:30 PM
You don't have to wait, they started last week. :rolleyes:

Good timing, since the movie opened this week. :D