PDA

View Full Version : My Ephant Mon, My Girlfriend & Me

Chiesa
10-04-2002, 11:43 AM
Yes yes yes!!! Today I'm a very very pleased person. Infact I think pleased is too weak a word to use. It's more of estatic and over the moon!! I was just walking around a local shopping mall with my girlfriend (feeling all tired and glum!!:() shopping for her usual bags and shoes when I decided to pull her into one of the local toy collectable store.

Naturally she had to tell me "oh no. not more of your Star Wars again?" she said with a smile :)

"Come on darling, I just want to see if the lastest wave of clonetrooper pilots are here!" I desperately replied... :crazed:

When I first stepped into the shop, POW!! I was shocked, the hot little sales girl was opening up the lastest case of SW figs, picking out the Jango Pilots and hanging them on the rack. Immediately I knew that this was my chance and I just had to seize the day!Immediately I had to take the 3 pilots from the case and stash them at the cashier! (2 for the gunship and 1 in card!! :D) Being the extremely delighted mood that I was in, I saw alittle Stitch plush and I decided to get it for my GF for agreeing to enter the shop with me and man did her heart melt when she saw that little fella!! Shortly after I paid for the goods, just when I was abt to leave, I just glanced to see if I had anything else that I would like to get my hands on... When SUDDENLY...

There it was, staring at me trapped in his massive huge bubble!! Ephant Mon: Jabba's Head of Security was hanged up behind the cashier. I was alittle stunned initially and it took some pulling from my GF to get my out of it! I just stood there not moving and I just told her I must get the Ephant Mon!! My GF was kinda surprised by my desire for it and she offered to get me Mr. Mon!! :D:D:D I was like on cloud number nine from that moment. Pleasantly stunned!! The shopowner then told me that they only had 1 and it was from some cosignment shipping thing.. (of course I didn't understand a word that he was saying but I just nodded in delight!!)

Right now I'm gonna keep in carded as its a gift from my GF and perhaps give a short review on what I can possibly make out from it! :D:D:D First and foremost, the bubble is really really HUGE!! Infact its like twice the size of the bubbles of the saga figures. Also I have to mention its weight, its really pretty heavy for something made of plastic, so I guess it must be really sturdy and tough! Perhaps tough to even withstand kids' bashing as well!!

From what I can see, there doesn't seem to have much articulation on this figure. I attribute this to the fact of its massive size!! The articulation points are at its arms and perhaps the coolest feature, it's mouth... Maybe the tail it has behind is alittle bendable. Elpant comes with 2 accessories, one of them is the vicroblade which can be held in a "secret holder" on Mon himself which I think is a major plus factor to it!! The second item is alittle stick or club which looks very cool!!

Secondly, the sculpt of it is great and dead spot on!! His scaly face and hands are all very very magnificently sculpted!! The details are just amazing like its has been carved carefully and painstakingly by hand. Also the robe that he is wearing looks weathered and realistic!! What more can I say, I think he is probably the best Saga figure up to date. Perhaps Chancellor Palpatine's sculpt closes to matching this one!! I would dare give this figure 2 thumbs up!!

A+++++

Phew!! I hope I wasn't sounding too irritating ranting on and on, but it's just that I'm just absolutely delighted that I got it and maybe just share it with you guys. I can't wait for the actual wave to hit here so that I could get another one to open and play with!! Hee hee... and MAN... Maybe going shopping with her was a great idea afterall!!

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D
:crazed::crazed::crazed::crazed:

jjreason
10-04-2002, 02:30 PM
Good job, great review. Hopefully Canada will get this figure in time for Christmas. Are the pilots as good as we're hoping?

Adam
10-04-2002, 02:30 PM
That sounds awesome! Ephont is probably the only alien I've ever really wanted! Enjoy him, and free him from his encasement!

AdmiralPiett
10-04-2002, 10:50 PM
It's not every day that you find a good Mon! :D
Piett

fourtwo
10-05-2002, 01:58 PM
that thing looks huge. i'm going hunting for toys today, maybe i'll get lucky.

Chiesa
10-05-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
Good job, great review. Hopefully Canada will get this figure in time for Christmas. Are the pilots as good as we're hoping?

Hey there, there are reviews on the Jango pilot in the review section... just pop in and take a look... Its quite good other than the fact that the articulation is alittle poor on the arms due to the quick draw action...

Cheers...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-05-2002, 04:12 PM
"can't find a better mon, can't a find a better mon, can't find a better, moooooooooooooooooon"- Pearl Jam- "Better Mon"

Good find!! i scored ALOT of toys today, none really SW realted, though i did get my Sacul in the mail!! got 2 simpsons sets and scored 4 Two Towers figures!! so so so broke! :D

hango fett
10-05-2002, 04:22 PM
i knew the quick draw thing would mess jango up! rrrr! if i could only find him...
h

Chiesa
10-06-2002, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
"can't find a better mon, can't a find a better mon, can't find a better, moooooooooooooooooon"- Pearl Jam- "Better Mon"

Good find!! i scored ALOT of toys today, none really SW realted, though i did get my Sacul in the mail!! got 2 simpsons sets and scored 4 Two Towers figures!! so so so broke! :D

Kewl... I wish I had a Sacul... But I guess the biggest problem is the price of it... I guess you are not the only one who is broke, I voice my sentiments exact as yours!! so so broke!

Cheers...

hansolo
10-06-2002, 07:18 AM
where did you get your ehpant mon and how much?

Congrats to your finding!

AmanaMatt
10-08-2002, 02:50 PM
Epahnt Mon has nine points of articulation: neck, jaw, shoulders, wrists, legs and tail.

Adam
10-08-2002, 04:02 PM
Jedi_Master_Guyute - First the mooninites and now Dr. Quin? maybe your next avatar should be Mr. Thundercleese? :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-08-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Adam
Jedi_Master_Guyute - First the mooninites and now Dr. Quin? maybe your next avatar should be Mr. Thundercleese? :D

hehehehehe I don't watch Brak Show too much, so it wouldn't be right. Every sunday night, my neighbors and i gather around the tele' and enjoy 2 hours of Adult Swim. My personal fave shows are "Sealab 2021" and "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" (duh) but i still love Harvey Birdman and Oblongs. If you want a link for those avatars (actually AIM icons), i can give them to you. I use them for AIM too, but currently my icon is a pictures of Zack Morris and Kelly Kawpowski and it says "Zack and Kelly Forever" :D