PDA

View Full Version : Saga Figures $2.99 at Ames

Bib Forlobster
10-04-2002, 04:31 PM
Just wanted to let anyone interested know the Ame's chain of stores which is going out of business marked all toys down to 50% off this week. They still had quite a few Saga figures left when I went today. Here is a list of what I saw(please excuse me if I don't get the exact name of the fig. correct, I'm sure you'll know who I'm talking about).

Figures that were in stock

1) Jango Fett (Kamino escape)
2) Obi-Wan (Coruscant Chase)
3) Padme Amidala (Geonosis version)
4) Anakin Skywalker (Outland Peasant)
5) Super Battle Droid
6) Battle Droid
7) Tusken Raider Female with child
8) Jar Jar Binks (Senator)
9) C-3PO
10) Geonosian Warrior
11) Saesee Tiin (Jedi Master)
12) Plo Koon (Arena Battle)
13) Nikto (Jedi Knight)
14) Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
15) Dexter Jettster (Coruscant Informant)
16) Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
17) Captain Typho
18) Zam Wessel (POTJ Preview version)
19) Tessek (POTJ Squid Head)

Ships

1) Jango Fetts Slave I (I believe the original price was $26.99 which would make it $13.50)
2) Jedi Starfighter (Original price $21.99 50% off= $11.00)

Beasts

1) Reek (Original price $16.99 50% off=$8.50)

They also had the board games and other non-figure EpII stuff like Jango Fett's arm blaster which shoots discs or something. I didn't see any Deluxe figures or new merchandise.

I'm not sure how they operate, but I don't think they close all the stores the same time. I believe when one closes, they ship any leftovers to another Ames until eventually they all close. So, if you don't see them one week, keep checking, they're still stocking their shelves every week.

If there is one in your area, it's a good time to fill in those holes or build up your armies of battle droids and Geonosians. Unless you'd rather wait a year until TRU blows them out for $2.00 each.

Hope this has helped someone out there!

Good luck hunting!!

hukilu
10-04-2002, 04:52 PM
I wish we had some here on the West Coast. Great Info for those still needing to possibly fill some holes.

Prince Xizor
10-04-2002, 05:33 PM
Ames is where I picked up my Slave I and Jedi Starfighter, back when they were 30% off. My Ames didn't have many Saga figures left, only Jar Jar and Zam. Too bad, I would have picked up a bunch of Battle Droids and Clones.

Rogue II
10-04-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by hukilu
I wish we had some here on the West Coast. Great Info for those still needing to possibly fill some holes.

Well, they aren't going to be on the East Coast for much longer since they are going out of business. You really aren't missing much, imagine a run down K-Mart....that's Ames.

QLD
10-04-2002, 06:57 PM
I just wanted to say, I love your username Bib Forlobster

Very creative! And funny!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2002, 11:41 AM
Arrgh, never even heard of Ames until a few months ago - and still none around!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-05-2002, 10:04 PM
All the Starfighters, Slave Is, and Reeks cleared the shelves as soon as the toys dropped 10 - 15%. They did have a lot of Saga figures left, but only Jar Jar, Captain Typho, Tusken Raiders, C-3PO, and Padme.

I was once at an Ames in Medina NY, about 20 miles from my house and saw that they had tons of Starfighters, Slave Is, and Reeks but that was back when the sale was 15% off. Not worth it since they were overpriced anyway. They might have some still left since the area is a rural one, but I ain't driving all the way out in the boonies for nothing.