PDA

View Full Version : Ever been scammed from using classifieds.

scruffziller
10-05-2002, 09:08 AM
Once on the AOL classifieds, I tried to buy a used N64 with a game for $100. Never recieved it and learned it was an AOL employee who was at it.

QLD
10-05-2002, 12:12 PM
No, I can honestly say that I don't trust anything that has AOL on it. And for that price, I hope it was more than 3 years ago! :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2002, 12:53 PM
I was scammed by a guy on eBay a few weeks ago. I won SOTE Luke and Dash for a total of 17.50 including shipping. I sent the money, never got the figures . . .

mini-rock
10-05-2002, 01:31 PM
I bought tickets through Ticketmaster for Nine Inch Nails & Marilyn Manson and even though they charged my CC a little over a hundred bucks, I never received the tickets. I called them the day before the concert, and a customer service rep. told me just to go down to the concert, and my name will be on a list. So, I went stood in line for 4 1/2 hrs, and when I finally got up to the gut who takes tickets he said they never keep names on a list. NIN was my favorite band at the time, and I was EXTREMELY angry! I will never buy from Ticketmaster again.

Exhaust Port
10-05-2002, 01:40 PM
Don't forget that for the convenience of having them pull the tickets from the printer, place them in a paper sleave and hand them to you they charge like $6 a ticket (or what ever it is now). What's so convenient about that? Stupid Ticketmaster!!!

Jedi Master Silas
10-05-2002, 07:11 PM
We travel a fair amount so I do trades in person when our travel schedule allows it. Being burned once was enough for me.

scruffziller
10-07-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
No, I can honestly say that I don't trust anything that has AOL on it. And for that price, I hope it was more than 3 years ago! :)

Yea it was in late '97.