PDA

View Full Version : I picked up the 1st 6 figures and here's my review w/photos

Turbowars
10-05-2002, 04:41 PM
Ok here we go... 1st is RX-24 AKA "REX". I give him a 8. What can I say he looks just like the diver. Good paint and his shield flips up. ....................................... Next we have G2-4T. Only problem is the paint. There's only 3 colors and there should have been about 3 more for the wires, just like C-3PO. He gets a 6 ........................................ 3rd is WEG-1618. Same problem as G2-4T, but only worse, I mean bad. There's only 2 colors used on this guy! There's a bunch of wires on his back and not one is painted. For you carded collectors you are going to have trouble finding a mint card and bubble. The bubble is huge!. I give this one a 4 ........................................4th is DL-X2. Very simple droid and I don't know what it is, but I really like this guy. Use of only 3 colors, but more are not needed. His arm is articulated in 2 points and has a little flexible power cable that runs down it, very cool. He gets a 9 ........................................ 5th is a great Astro droid, R4-M9. I don't know why Hasbro didn't think of a different code name, but this is a great figure! It has a way better paint job than the POTJ R4-M9. Not that much to say about this guy, but he gets a 10 from me! ........................................ Last, is one of the best Hasbro figures out today, R3-D3. Another Astro droid, but another with a clear dome. Great paint. Not sloopy like POTJ R3-T7. The insides of his dome are painted very well and are different than of R3-T7, more wires and such. It looks like he is a rehash of POTJ R2 with wheels and fixed mid leg. He gets another perfect 10. ........................................ Over all I think these are good figures and only wish that the ride had more droids to offer. Here's some photos of them

Turbowars
10-05-2002, 04:43 PM
j

Turbowars
10-06-2002, 12:32 PM
here's the last 2

kdp100
10-09-2002, 03:52 PM
I've just received my set of the Star Tours 2nd wave through the post and opened them, but my DL-X2 seems to have only the one point of articulation - in the elbow! One half of the upper arm appears to be moulded into the should, while the other side (front of the pack when carded) detaches at the shoulder & elbow joints, to free the lower arm altogether.

I'd also expected the little door on this "fuel-pump to open, but it seems it doesn't at all. I haven't tried too hard, though, as I'm afraid of forcing and breaking the figure.

Nice-LOOKING figure, though!

JangoFart
10-10-2002, 12:24 PM
Great review, turbowars.

I have all 6 and I agree with all that you said. The good ones are pretty good. The bad ones are pretty bad. WEG-1618 will fit in a Star Case 2; barely.

J

gringo
10-11-2002, 11:18 PM
I should have mine in a couple days. My parents picked up all of them, except wave 3 last week. They picked them up at 'Once upon a Toy'. I am meeting my parents at their place in Florida. Can not wait to open them and play with them. :) I have been waiting for Star Tours figures since I was a kid. Hopefully they are as cool as the pictures look. Thanks for the review.

Mark