PDA

View Full Version : Do your kids do this?

mini-rock
10-05-2002, 11:47 PM
My youngest daughter (she's 1) everytime she here's the "Imperial March" she starts dancing, jumping, and what seems like head banging. I mean every single time whether it's in ESB, ROTJ, or on the soundtracks. On the last rack of the AOTC soundtrack she even knows when it's coming, so she gets up and gets ready for it. I do have to say it is cute as hell, and my wife & I have even thought about sending a tape to GL to show how Star Wars has an affect on even the youngest children.

So do any of your kid's do things like this when they see or hear Star Wars?

derek
10-06-2002, 12:11 AM
my neice, who just turned 1, dances like a nut when someone hums the "bonanza" TV show theme song. it's the funniest, and cutest thing i've ever seen.:)

Pendo
10-06-2002, 08:02 AM
I want a daughter now JUST so I can watch her do this :D. It sounds so cute :)!!!

Any women free? ;)

PENDO!

Rogue II
10-06-2002, 09:32 AM
I don't watch Star Wars enough for my daugter to recognize it yet. She is 1 also. She does recognize Star Wars figures in the store. She loves looking at the figures I leave out for her. Right now, she likes Greedo and Darth Vader. For a while there she liked Max Rebo and C-3PO.

Her favorite features are figures that launch things...like R5-D4, Flashback R2, Deluxe Snowtrooper, and Deluxe Slave Leia.

Darth Sidious
10-06-2002, 10:09 AM
I have little cousins, (One is 5, the others are 3, 1, and 1.) They haven't seen the movies but they love the figures. Their favorite is the Nexu, I'd say they have very good taste. :D I ought to show them the movies sometime, I'm sure they'd like them. They might not understand them, but they like movies like that.

master jedi
10-06-2002, 05:02 PM
my niece calls my brother and I 'The Star Wars boys' which is cute.

She's also scared of Vader and Maul and she's done some embarassing thing in stores when she has seen figures of them.
Also whenever my sister and brother-in-law want to watch star wars they have to pop it in without my miece noticing 'cause vader is on the cover and she starts getting upset when she seem him.

LTBasker
10-06-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
She's also scared of Vader and Maul and she's done some embarassing thing in stores when she has seen figures of them.
Also whenever my sister and brother-in-law want to watch star wars they have to pop it in without my miece noticing 'cause vader is on the cover and she starts getting upset when she seem him.

Show her Palm talker Vader & Maul, no reason to be afraid after that. ;)

mini-rock
10-06-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I don't watch Star Wars enough for my daugter to recognize it yet. She is 1 also. She does recognize Star Wars figures in the store. She loves looking at the figures I leave out for her. Right now, she likes Greedo and Darth Vader. For a while there she liked Max Rebo and C-3PO.

Her favorite features are figures that launch things...like R5-D4, Flashback R2, Deluxe Snowtrooper, and Deluxe Slave Leia.

My 1 year old will not go to bed unless she has TPM or ROTJ on her tv, so she watches one of those just about every night. She has a VCR in her room so she'll grab one of those tapes and put it in herself, and falls asleep about halfway through.

She does the figure thing too. She'll see it & point at it with her mouth wide open sounding like she's gasping for air. I've never seen a kid get this excited over Star Wars. We were just at Fred Meyer and as we were passing the cereal she pointed at one and started yelling "sta dor? sta dor?" which is Star Wars in baby talk I guess. Sure enough it was a Cheerios box (I think) that had Anakin with his saber ignited on the front. I made the mistake of passing through the toy aisle, and she saw the SW toy's. I let her look at them for a bit, and while my back was turned she threw one of the electronic Jango Fett guns in the basket, so I ended up buying it for her.

She does the yelling thing also when I come to this site, and she can see the SW pics on the main page. She'll run up to the tv and say "sta dor?" everytime.:)

master jedi
10-07-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker

Show her Palm talker Vader & Maul, no reason to be afraid after that. ;)

Don't think that would work. She's scared of everything darth vader or maul.

Jedi Master Silas
10-07-2002, 07:53 PM
My step son was obsessed with the lightsaber duels and ummm my husband was too. LOL I'd come home to find the EP1 soundtrack cranked up in the living room the my step son with a black sheet around his body, leather gloves and a red and black Sting mask on and then look over at my husband with a black bath robe and and his weight lifting gloves with sabers in there hands. My step son is 8 now but when he was 2 he knew the names of all our (well most) of the vintage figs we had. "Qweedo" and Bubba Dett" LOL were his favorites.

mini-rock
10-07-2002, 10:27 PM

Don't think that would work. She's scared of everything darth vader or maul.

You should get the 3 3/4 inch Vader & Maul then tell her that the characters on the screen are no bigger than those figures. Then have her step on 'em. :D

Exhaust Port
10-08-2002, 12:13 AM
Be careful, that might teach any youngster that stepping on dad's toys is OK. <gasp> :)

mini-rock
10-08-2002, 02:30 AM
Yeah, but at $3.99 ea. they can be replaced easily enough. ;):D

Grif
10-08-2002, 04:42 PM
My niece (she is 2) dances to any type of music she hears.

master jedi
10-08-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by mini-rock

You should get the 3 3/4 inch Vader & Maul then tell her that the characters on the screen are no bigger than those figures. Then have her step on 'em. :D

You just reminded me that my nephew has a Maul figure and she's not afraid of that. But still...thanx for the idea. I think I'll try it.

mini-rock
10-08-2002, 08:18 PM

You just reminded me that my nephew has a Maul figure and she's not afraid of that. But still...thanx for the idea. I think I'll try it.

No problem. Thats how I got my oldest daughter over her fear of the Dinosaurs from JP 1-3. I bought a few of the raptors and let her trash them. :)