PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Hellraiser Action Figures!!

Beast
10-06-2002, 01:36 AM
Just was checking out Figures.com, and saw that NECA has acquired the long impossible to get Hellraiser license. Originally McFarlane was after it, but Disney the company that owns Dimension Films didn't want toys of the Centobites out there. It seems that some progress has finally been made, and a plethora of merchandise is in the works. Action Figures, Busts, Prop Replicas,Lunchboxes, Shooters, Shirts, Stickers, Jackets, Hats and much more. A dream come true, here's the two articles and links as well. :cool: :D

NECA Acquires HELLRAISER License (9/25/2002)

Action figures, busts, props and more!

Many have tried, all have failed! Until now... NECA has opened the box to an entirely new dimension of terror. For the first time ever NECA will deliver an entire line of licensed "Hellraiser" collectibles. NECA's master license will include all categories such as Action Figures, Busts, Prop Replicas,Lunchboxes, Shooters, Shirts, Stickers, Jackets, Hats and much more. Watch for further details in weeks to come.

"Hellraiser" was released to shocked audiences in 1987 by renown writer of the macabre Clive Barker. Directed and written by Barker, the film spun the tale of solving a puzzle cube- the Lamont Configuration - a doorway to hell. It also introduced the world to the Cenobites, angels to some, demons to others, whose greatest pleasure is the greatest pain.

HELLRAISER Update (10/03/2002)

New info on upcoming action figures and collectibles.

As we announced last week, NECA had been awarded the master license to produce collectibles based on Hellraiser.

New details have now surfaced.

*Rights include all SIX Hellraiser movies. For those doing the math and are baffled, a sixth movie is currently in the works. Entitled "Hellraiser: Hellseeker" and scheduled for direct video in the next couple months, this movie will reunite fans with Pinhead, as well as introducing horror hounds to several new Cenobites including "The Surgeon".

*Figures will be 7" in scale - in other words they will blend in nicely with your McFarlane Tortured Souls collection. The original Cenobite gang are certainly on the platter: Pinhead, Butterball, the Chatterer, and female. With all 6 flicks under their belt, NECA has over 20 Cenobite characters to choose from...

*A high end Lament Configuration (the cube) Prop Replica is being worked on.

*Resin Busts are being worked on.

Stay glued for further news...

http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=155&show_article=27

http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=155&show_article=31

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
10-06-2002, 02:08 AM
:cool: It's about time !

Pencil me in for sure on the Pinhead and Butterball figs. :)

Beast
10-06-2002, 02:32 AM
I'll take them all from the First and Second films. I hope they can make human charecters as well, because the line wouldn't be the same with out Kirsty, Tiffany, Julia, and Frank.

But I definatly am drooling for figures of Pinhead, Butterball, Female Centobite (why don't she get a cool name?), Chatter 1, and Dr. Channard (Centobite). I wouldn't mind skinless versions of Frank and Julia either. :cool: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
10-07-2002, 11:16 AM
too bad mcafrlane didn't get the rights to do them, they would fit so nicely next to my TS figs...
but I hope these will be cool too, if they're good I'll definetly get pinhead and maybe some others too

Beast
10-07-2002, 04:59 PM
I think NECA will do a pretty good job, 187-Maul. I haven't seen any of their Hellraiser stuff yet, but they do some nice work on the lines they are doing now. NECA also just picked up the Tron 2.0 line as well as the new Gremlins I & 2 line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
10-08-2002, 12:57 PM
I checked some pics of previous NECA toys like 12" the crow (which looks great BTW) and I think they'll do a great job on the helraiser figs as well
oh and I can't wait to see the Gremlins figs, maybe I'll get a Stripe from I and the leader from II if they make them (hopefully with the spider leg body)

Beast
10-08-2002, 01:12 PM
Yeah, the Gremlins figures tempt me as well. If the Gizmo bobble head figure is any indication of how nice these will look, they are going to be sweeeet! A talking version of the Brain Gremlin would be pretty cool. :cool: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

aharry
10-09-2002, 01:59 AM
When Epic Comics was producing a Hellraiser series back in the very late 80s/early 90s, they called the female Cenobite the Priestess. I wonder if they would consider making some of the major Cenobites from there like Face or Abigor?

187-Maul
10-09-2002, 12:20 PM
it would be great of the detail would look like the gizmo bobblehead version
imagine the flying gremlin, sitting on the edge of the church with his wings spread out, that would be sooo cool
and of course gizmo with his rambo head-band

sith_killer_99
10-11-2002, 10:21 PM
I'll take one of each Cenobite and a high end prop replica of the cube please!:D

Turbowars
10-17-2002, 08:26 PM
I can't wait for the Puzzle Box!!! I hope it's well made with metals and such. If so I plan on it to be a center piece in my living room!:evil:

Beast
11-23-2002, 03:38 PM
A couple pictures of the prototypes being worked on, have turned up on Figures.com Here's links to the Pinhead Prototype, and the CD Head Prototypes. :)

Pinhead & CD Head Prototypes (http://www.figures.com/databases/redirect1.cgi?dom=fig&sys=news&action=exp&sponsor=yesanime__09_01_2002_500x490&size=art&url=www.figures.com/sponsors/images2/yesanime__09_01_2002_500x490.jpg)

CD Head (Hellraiser III) Prototype (http://www.figures.com/databases/redirect1.cgi?dom=fig&sys=news&action=exp&sponsor=comicsplusonline__11_01_2002_284x282&size=art&url=www.figures.com/sponsors/images2/comicsplusonline__11_01_2002_284x282.jpg)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
11-24-2002, 06:03 AM
damn, that hellraiser looks just like on the movie (and could just as good be a mcfarlane sculpt)
can't wait to see some painted prototypes

Beast
12-02-2002, 05:11 PM
Figures.com has an update on the figures. And issue #105 of Tomart's that just came out, has a nice article on the figures. But it looks like we won't get them released by movie, but in "themed" sets of Cenobites. Here's whats posted over there. :)

Further news on upcoming NECA action figure line!

As most horror hounds are aware of, NECA has been awarded the master license to produce collectibles based on the Hellraiser movie series.

Each solo-packed, 7" scale figure series will revolve around a particular "Cenobite look", NOT by movie. For example, confirmed Series 1 figs will include "Chatterer" (Hellraiser 1), "CD-Head" (Hellraiser 3), and "Pinhead" (Hellraiser 1). In addition, a non-Cenobite creature ("chatterer demon dog" from "Bloodline" being a strong possibility) will join the ghoulish group. Another themed series planned includes an all female cast. Good candidates here include "Angelique" (Hellraiser 4) and sexy screams from 1, 3 and 5.

With all 6 flicks under their belt, NECA has over 20 Cenobite characters to choose from...

I'm assuming that the other 3 female centobites, will of course be "Female Centobite" (H1), "Terri Cenobite" (H3), and "Stitch Cenobite" (H5). Stitch is a pretty lame choice. They should have done skinless Julia from Hellraiser II instead. Even though she's not technically a Cenobite. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-12-2002, 01:12 AM
It's a bit out of my price range, but it sure looks damn cool. I'll definatly get the action figures, but the statue is a tad to expensive for my tastes. $299.99 for a statue just puts me off, especially when you know they will probably do every Centobite.

It does looks great though, and from what we've seen of the action figure prototypes, they should be fantastic. The statue's scheduled to be released in March. Hopefully we'll get more concrete news on the figures soon as well. :)

The Hellraiser Pinhead 15 inch tall statue! Each resin statue includes a numbered Certificate of Authenticity signed by Pinhead himself, Doug Bradley, and Sculptor Kyle Windrix. Standing over 15 inches tall, this statue features real metal pins and is hand numbered. Limited to 1,000 pieces worldwide! Every box and certificate are holographically numbered. (Subject to change.)

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NC33000

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
12-12-2002, 08:58 AM
the statue looks great, although IMO there's something not quite right with his face, although I don't exactly know what
as for the price, 300$ is way out of my price range too, but if the figures will be as good as this (or similar) they will be must-haves!

Beast
01-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Some cool new images of the figures have turned up. This news and pictures are from Figures.com and Amok Time. It appears that they aren't going to do the Asst. 1 as Male's and Asst. 2 as Females as was originally rumored. Now it's a mixture of Asst. 1 and 2. Which is cool, there is now a figure from each movie. They will probably continue that, when Asst. 2 comes about. I wish the Butterball Centobite, Female Centobite, and Dr. Channard Centobite would have been among the first ones released though. But it makes sense to save some of the more memorable ones for future assortments. :)

6 figs: new pic and info!

Hellraiser Series 1 Action Figures will arrive in the Spring (late April/early May.) There will be 6 figures in the assortment including: Pinhead (Hellraiser 1), CD Head (Hellraiser 3), Chatterer (H2), Chatter Beast (H4), Wire Twin (H4) and Stitch (H5). The figures are poseable, highly detailed, and are in the 7" scale as previously announced. They are currently for pre-order at Amok Time.com.

The Wire Twin will also be made available as a Marz Distribution Exclusive 2-Pack with her Twin and bonus Torso Cenobite in tow. More Exclusives are to be announced at Toy Fair-- stay glued!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-13-2003, 06:21 PM
Here's the Wire Twins and Torso Centobite, from Hellraiser 5. The above info from Figures.com says that they are from Hellraiser 4, but that's incorrect. They are from Hellraiser 5: Inferno. Really wicked looking figures. To bad they are exclusive, but 10,000 is a good number for somthing like these. Can't wait! :)

FX Show - NECA's Hellraiser "WIRE TWINS"

A MARZ DISTRIBUTION Exclusive!

Marz Distribution gives fans a look at their latest exclusive- a 2-pack (actually a two and a half pack:) of the "Wire Twins" from Hellraiser: Inferno. Look for it this May limited to 10,000 pieces worldwide.

There are plans to have special "blood splattered" variant.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
01-13-2003, 07:15 PM
Very cool JarJar! I can't wait to get Pin and the Wire Twins!! Where do you think these will be in retail? Suncoast?

Beast
01-13-2003, 07:37 PM
I'm intrested in all of them. And yeah, the Wire Twins with the Torso Centobite is pretty damn cool. For the basic line, Suncoast, Media Play, any of the places that carried the Tortured Souls will likely have these. Not sure how the exclusive Wire Twins w/ Torso with be distributed. Marz Distrubution does not sell to the public, so likely thru comic shops and some on-line retailers. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-14-2003, 03:18 PM
Figures.com updated with the correct news about what movie the figures come from. They also included info about the fact that there would be no varients, to make collecting the line easier. They also have larger better pictures. :)

Hellraiser Series 1 Action Figures will arrive in the Spring (late April/early May.) There will be 6 figures in the assortment including (click each for a close up look!): Pinhead (Hellraiser 1), Chatterer (Hellraiser 2: Hellbound), CD (Hellraiser 3: Hell On Earth), Chatter Beast (Hellraiser 4: Bloodline), Wire Twin (Hellraiser 5: Inferno) and Stitch (Hellraiser 6: Hellseeker). The figures are poseable, highly detailed, and are in the 7" scale as previously announced. Each will include bases and accessories. There will not be any variants or chase figures in this series. NECA wants to give everyone a chance to get them all. Case packs will be mixed fairly so everyone who wants to buy their favorite Cenobite will be able to do so.

Pinhead (Hellraiser) (http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/28/48228.jpg)

Chatterer (Hellbound: Hellraiser 2) (http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/29/48229.jpg)

CD Head (Hellraiser 3: Hell on Earth) (http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/30/48230.jpg)

Chatterer Beast (Hellraiser 4: Bloodline) (http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/31/48231.jpg)

Wire Twin (Hellraiser 5: Inferno) (http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/32/48232.jpg)

Stitch (Hellraiser 6: Hellseeker) (http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/33/48233.jpg)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Patient Zero
01-14-2003, 03:45 PM
Well, I know that I will be getting the first 2, but the rest do nothing for me. I only liked the first two films anyway; the series seemed to get to corny after them.

Beast
01-14-2003, 04:01 PM
Hellraiser 3 isn't that bad, actually. And 4 is pretty good as well. I wish they would release a director's cut of 4 though. That movie was heavily butchred in editing room. So much that the director Kevin Yager had his name removed, and it's been tagged an "Alan Smithee" film. 5 sucked on toast, but the Centobite design was cool. 6 was intresting, since it actually brought back Kirsty from the first 2. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
01-14-2003, 06:44 PM
I must say I want everyone of them. As for the films, 1 & 2 rocked, 3 & 4 so so and I'm sorry, but 5 & 6 were crap. I don't blame Yager for removing his name. I mean if a director does that you know something wrong. I wonder how good Rob's film, 1000 Corpse will be. I heard it was going to get an X rating. Now that it's finaly coming out, Rob must have gave up and I believe it's getting and NC-17.

Beast
01-14-2003, 06:55 PM
Yeah, 4 would have been so much better if they wouldn't have butchered his film. What's scary is that they actually finished filming Hellraiser 7 and 8 back to back. Doug Bradley (Pinhead) said that 7 has impressive potential and that 8 could go either way. Hellraiser 7: Deader and Hellraiser 8: Hellworld.com are of course going direct to video. :)

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=972&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Hellraiser 7: Deader - A female reporter for a London newspaper, who is sent to Bucharest to investigate an underground suicide cult known as the ‘Deaders.’ She is quickly drawn into their dark world and soon can see no way out other than to join them in preparation for the coming of… ?

Hellraiser 8: Hellworld.com - Five edgy-type friends obsessed with Hellworld.com, a computer game, are invited by ‘invitation only’ to a party to play the real game and go into the world of Hellraiser.

Doug Bradley on Hellraiser 8: The plot describes the host of the game as a “50-60ish-classic William Castle villain…the Vincent Price of the movie. He is creepy but charming, an aristocratic masquerade hiding evil intent.” The heroine is 19-year-old Chelsea, the “absolutely beautiful and sexy leader of the pack, who’s always calm, cool and collected, even in the worst nightmare situation.”

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-14-2003, 07:09 PM
Wow, not into Hellraiser, but thes figures look magnificent!!!

can somebody give me a brief rundown of the plot of these flicks? I'd like to check them out sometime, but don't really know what they're all about. thanks! :D

Turbowars
01-14-2003, 07:29 PM
Dude, just go rent the 1st film. It's truly one of the best. They pretty much go down hill from there.

Beast
01-14-2003, 07:31 PM
Well, the first Hellraiser was a ground breaking film. It's based on a book called "The Hellbound Heart" that was written by Clive Barker. Basically, the puzzle box that the Pinhead figure is holding, is a gateway to hell. When it's solved, it summons the Centobites, which are pretty much really really twisted leather wearing S&M demons.

They deliver ultimate pleasure and pain upon their victims, and take them back to hell with them. Not going to say much more then that, as the movies loose their impact if they are spoiled. Definatly give the first 2 a rental, then if you like them...try 3 and 4. Only if your a huge fan, should you watch 5, though 6 is pretty good. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
01-14-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Only if your a huge fan, should you watch 5, though 6

Jar Jar Binks I don't know why, but this made me laught and if you do see them, you will wonder why you are a fan. You must see 1 st one. Is awesome, with lots of meat hooks and blood.:crazed: :evil:

Beast
01-14-2003, 08:06 PM
I hope that NECA can do some of the non-Cenobite charecters as well. I would love to see atleast see Kirsty, Skinless Frank, and Skinless Julia. Crazy guy on mattress diorama would be pretty neat also. Of course they would probably have a harder time selling, plus you hit likeness rights problems with unmasked charecters like them.

Though Frank and Julia in their skinless forms were mostly make-up, so there shouldn't be a huge problem there. Ashley Lawrence (Kirsty) could cause problems, but I doubt it. After all, she did come back for Hellraiser VI. :)

Plenty of Cenobites for them to do though. Including a couple varients of Pinhead and Chatterer. I would to see a figure of Doug Bradley's Captain Elliot charecer from H2 in the Military Uniform. I'm sure Doug Bradly wouldn't mind them using his face. He seems a cool guy about the series. :)

But there are still plenty of Cenobites from the films to do. We have the original Chatterer Centobite, Butterball Centobite, Female Centobite, and The Engineer from H1. Female Centobite 2 and Dr. Channard from H2. Camerahead Centobite, Barbie Centobite, J.P Centobite, and Terri Centobite from H3. Angelique Cenobite and Twin Centobite from H4. And we have the Licker Centobite from H5. Not sure which ones are in H6, as they are only seen in shadows mostly. :)

http://www.geocities.com/cenobitehellraiser/cenobites.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
01-14-2003, 08:20 PM
Hey which film was it when the two male twins get ther heads twisted together? I think they were guards or something, it's been awhile.

Beast
01-14-2003, 08:28 PM
That was Hellraiser 4: Bloodlines. Check that link I posted above this, and then click Hellraiser 4. They have a nice headshot of the twin centobite. Yeah, they were security guards or somthing like that in the present day part of the story. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the info everybody! I had heard some bits and pieces about them and were curious to see if they were rentable. I would go rent them, but my DVD player has been on the fritz. I'll just dl them i guess. hehehehhehehehehe :evil:

Turbowars
01-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Thanks! Man we have some great figures to look forward to. I guess the Blood line twins will be a deluxe box set like the Wire Twins. I forgot about Angeligue! It's funny how I can think she's Hot when her head it cut open. Forget I said that, LOL:evil: :crazed:

Beast
01-14-2003, 08:45 PM
Yeah, probably. I really wish that they weren't making the Wire Twins a exclusive 2-pack. But given the intrest that we are seeing for the figures here, even a run as small as 10,000 shouldn't be that hard to find. I'll probably end up ordering online, thanks to how hard finding the Tortured Souls were. :)

Well, they are supposed to look sexy and sickening at the same time. So no worries about finding Angelique hot. I was wondering about the Chatterer Beast though. That's alot smaller figure then the others. I wonder if he'll come with a pack-in or not? They could toss in the robot from Hellraiser 4, as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
01-15-2003, 12:25 PM
I am kinda disappointed on the figures, Pinhead is cool and the Shatterer is allright, but the others just suck IMO, if you compare them to tortured Souls I, you can clearly see why mcfarlane should've made these in the first place
I'll probably just get Pinhead and that's all, the others look far too "plain"

Beast
01-15-2003, 12:37 PM
187-Maul, I don't really think McFarlane would do much better of a job on them. Besides, most of NECA's sculptors are former McFarlane sculptors. Not to mention, I still am not a huge fan of McFarlane or some of the problems his figures have. Hell, the leg of my Darkness figure fell off, as it was coming out of the package. I think they look pretty sweet myself, and are pretty movie accurate. Definate must buy for me. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
01-15-2003, 12:42 PM
but the certain "touch of realism" is missing on the figs, mcfarlane always makes the figs look real, the flesh is always much more realistic (maybe it's because of the paint, but I think it's the sculpt too) and I know these are prototypes, but I don't think they'll change them (or the paint application)

Beast
01-15-2003, 12:50 PM
Yeah, but the Cenobite's don't have natural looking flesh in the movies either. I doubt we would see anything much different from the figures, if they were made by McFarlane. Stuff always looks better in person, in my experiences. So maybe you'll like them better when you see them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
01-15-2003, 07:07 PM
The one that sucks is CD, It's just a stupid charactor. Other than that, they look great and they look like McFarlane made them. About the quality of Mcfarlane, I opened Sarah from T2 and when I went to remove both hands for some other hands that came with her, the pegs broke right off in the wrists. I fixed them, but I should have had to. They are great looking figures, but low quality

Beast
01-15-2003, 08:45 PM
I know, I've never been happy with the quality of most of McFarlane's stuff. It's all made for display, since they break so damn easily. Yet they put all this articulation in them, that seems to mean you should be able to play and pose them. But almost every McFarlane figure I've had, has limbs that fall off, or parts that break. They may look good, but the quality can be pretty shoddy. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
01-17-2003, 03:06 PM
well I have over 75 mcfarlane figs (old and new) and everything that has ever broken or broken off was the sword of Lotus Angel and that was because she fell down (my fault) and Ash's arm, the peg broke (that was really low quality) but other than that, nothing has ever happened
I guess you just got bad ones, but of course you also have to be careful with them since they're no real "action figures" anymore

Beast
01-26-2003, 09:05 PM
Neca had the new Hellraiser stuff on display at the UK Toyfair this weekend. Man, some nice pictures of the stuff. They said they couldn't really get close to the case, and will have better pictures later this week. Can't wait to see these in person.

They are also doing an 18" Pinhead, that's to scale with McFarlane's 18" Movie Maniac releases. It also has a motion sensor, with a voice chip. Very very cool. Line looks better everytime I see it. I'll toss up some links to Action-Figure.com's coverage from the UK Toyfair. :)

Also, Entertainment Earth has the Wire Twins w/ Torso Cenobite 2 1/2-pack up for pre-order for June Delivery. 24.99 isn't to bad for two and a half Cenobites. They also have the case up for pre-order, and Neca packed it properly. Since Pinhead will draw people that don't collect them all, 2 more of him per case. And the rest even packed, so getting a set won't be a pain in the arse. :)

This case of 14 individually packaged action figures includes: 4x Pinhead (Hellraiser), 2x Chatterer (Hellraiser II: Hellbound), 2x CD (Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth), 2x Chatter Beast (Hellraiser IV: Bloodline), 2x Wire Twin (Hellraiser V: Inferno), and 2x Stitch (Hellraiser VI: Hellseeker).

18" Pinhead Figure (http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6666)

Hellraiser Action Figures - Series 1 (http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6659)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
01-28-2003, 03:37 PM
thanx for the link JJB I had only seen the 18inch Pinhead (who looks very cool BTW) from the toyfair till now
the normal Pinhead looks very cool, I'll certainly get him but I'm still not sure on the others yet, although I must admit that they already do look a bit better in these shots IMO
although not coming from mcfarlane, these figs really look decent

BTW, speaking of Mcfarlane, I met him last week here in paris in a comic shop where he gave a signing, and I got Moribundi from the TS2 line signed:D Todd was very cool BTW

Beast
01-28-2003, 06:54 PM
187-Maul, it's not like Toddy actually sculpts the figures himself. Neca is actually made up of ex-McFarlane Toys sculptors, so that's why I said that I doubt that McFarlane Toys could have done much better. By the way, Figures.com has better pictures of the 18" Pinhead figure. :)

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=155&show_article=63

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
01-30-2003, 11:29 AM
I know mcfarlane doesn't sculpt the figs himself (I meant the company) but I still think that they (the company again;) ) would have done a more "gruesome" job I you know what I mean, more realistic blood and all, and they would have picked cooler characters

Ratts Tyerell
02-04-2003, 12:11 AM
The choice in characters is just so there's more variety down the line. If we got all the cool ones all at once, we wouldn't care about a second series and such. I'm a huge hellraiser fan, but I only like the first 2 movies. So I'd get anything related to those. And I'll also get any Chatterer incarnations, he's my favorite cenobite. So the chatterbeast and the torso are in. I think CD would be an okay cenobite if it wasn't for the CDs. Maybe if they were circular blades or something. Bah, the Hellraiser 3 cenobites all hurt to look at. I want a Leviathan and an Engineer toy.

Beast
02-04-2003, 12:19 AM
I dunno, Barbie wasn't a bad H3 Cenobite design. And neither was the Terri Centobite, since it was sort of a new design of the old Female Centobite. I know I said this before, and I'll probably say it again at some point. But that charecter still bugs me, she never was given a nickname like all the others. She's just "Female Centobite". :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ratts Tyerell
02-04-2003, 12:26 AM
Terri was okay with me... until I noticed the ciggerete in her throat....

Barbie is an okay design, I guess. But his drink mixes of doom ruin him.

Maybe they couldn't think of a good nickname for the female cenobite. All I can think of is Cutthroat, and that's just lame.

Beast
02-21-2003, 06:24 PM
Figures.com finally posted some new Toy Fair news from Neca about the Hellraiser line. I love the base idea, hopefully it works as well as they think it will. They also announced the next Resin statue, Chatterer. The statues are cool, but a bit pricey for my wallet. But I'll definatly take the figures. :)

Toy Fair 2003 - NECA Hellraiser!

NECA's Director of Product Development, Randy Falk, provided fans an exciting up close and personal look at their eagerily awaited Hellraiser line of action figures. This series, due out this Spring (late April/early May) will consist of 6 figures: Pinhead (Hellraiser 1), Chatterer (Hellraiser 2: Hellbound), CD (Hellraiser 3: Hell On Earth), Chatter Beast (Hellraiser 4: Bloodline), Wire Twin (Hellraiser 5: Inferno) and Stitch (Hellraiser 6: Hellseeker).

The figures are poseable, highly detailed, and are in the 7" scale as previously announced. Each will include accessories (such as the Chatter Beast's "Chew Toys") as well as a piece of the Lament Configuration (cube). The latter will act not only as a display base with pegs on one side for your figure to stand on, but will actually create the cube when all six figures are collected- the pegged side sneakingly hidden in the inside.

There will not be any variants or chase figures in this series. NECA wants to give everyone a chance to get them all. Case packs will be mixed fairly so everyone who wants to buy their favorite Cenobite will be able to do so.

In other Hellraiser news, NECA announced plans for a high-end resin statue of the Chatterer (http://207.44.204.78/photos/showphoto.php?photo=1174&papass=&sort=1&thecat=547) signed by actor Nicholas Vince.

Check 'em all out HERE (http://207.44.204.78/photos/showgallery.php?cat=547&thumb=1).

Figures.Com News Story (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=155&show_article=64)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
02-22-2003, 01:26 PM
the bases were already shown at toyfair, but I really like them, too bad I only want Pinhead from the line, I'd love to have the whole cube assembled
but I'm still happy they are including a base with each fig, it'll make the fig look more interesting when displayed:)

Turbowars
02-22-2003, 01:36 PM
hey 187-Maul, You can get the cube from a on-line company called THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW EXISTED. I bought my dad one for X-mas. You have to glue it together. I think it was $16. In fact the photo that JJB posted looks just like the model from the online store. I almost thought that was what he was showing.

187-Maul
02-22-2003, 01:44 PM
I once saw a site that offered one (maybe it was the one you mentioned) but the problem again is the shipping to europe...

(BTW, we didn't order from Kebco, I just gave my dad a list what he should look for, since my order from kebco would have been about $40 plus $8 shipping, and that's a fifth of the whole price additional, and the figs already were a bit overpriced)

Beast
03-19-2003, 09:59 PM
Neca posted final images of all 6 Series One figures up on their website. They will be on a boat for the U.S. in about 2 weeks. They should start showing up around the beginning of May. I have to say the final versions look great, and I'm really impressed with the packaging. I guess even though I'm getting the Wire Twin 2-Pack, I'll have to snag a basic twin for the final side of the puzzle box. Here's the links. :)

Pinhead (Carded) (http://www.necaonline.com/pinheadcard.html)
Chatterer (Carded) (http://www.necaonline.com/chattercard.html)
CD (Carded) (http://www.necaonline.com/cdcard.html)
Chatter Beast (Carded) (http://www.necaonline.com/beastcard.html)
Wire Twin (Carded) (http://www.necaonline.com/wiretwincard.html)
Stitch (Carded) (http://www.necaonline.com/stitchcard.html)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
03-23-2003, 02:27 PM
the packaging and final products indeed look very nice, I'm really looking forward to Pinhead and the Chatterer has really grown on me too, might have to pick him up too afterall:) and the Chatter Beast looks very cool too

Turbowars
03-23-2003, 02:36 PM
very cool. hey 187, did your dad get any cool stuff for you?

187-Maul
03-25-2003, 01:46 PM
unfortunetly, he didn't get anything, he went to TRU, KB's and Walmart and they only had some older figs
but when the new figs (Aayla and Barriss) arrive at R2Dtoys (UK site) I'll order there, and the prices aren't even that bad (about $6-$7 for the new figs)

Patient Zero
03-25-2003, 01:52 PM
Someone please remind me: what retail stores will these be sold at? Suncoast, Spensers, Hot(crap)topic, etc.

Turbowars
03-25-2003, 08:54 PM
probably Suncoast

Beast
04-10-2003, 01:10 PM
Here's a nice packaged shot of the upcoming 18" tall Electronic Pinhead Hellraiser figure. Looks very cool, the info from Figures.com says that it's going to be a Spencer's Gift's Exclusive and should hit retail in May with the figures. Wicked!! :)

NECA - 18" Hellraiser Pinhead Action Figure

A look at this collectible in packaging!

NECA provides the first look at their 18" Pinhead Action Figure with Motion Activated Sound - in packaging. The 18" version of Pinhead speaks 4 different movie phrases and comes complete with his own puzzle box and scalpel. Pinhead will be available exclusively at Spencer Gifts in the US. Please check with your local stores and distributors for availability outside of the US.

Look for the 18" Pinhead along with the 7" Hellraiser Action Figures Assortment on shelves in May.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
04-25-2003, 08:44 PM
Figures.Com has news on a Convention Exclusive. Hopefully one that's not impossible to get. To bad I can't make it to either of the Conventions this Summer. Not that big of a deal if I don't get one though, since unlike some exclusives it's not somthing really unique. :)

NECA - Hellraiser Convention Exclusive
Pinhead to receive Con figure exclusive!

NECA informs us that an exclusive 7" Hellraiser Pinhead action figure will be offered at the San Diego and Chicago Wizard World conventions held this summer. While full details are being kept under wraps for now, NECA did disclose that it will be a "closed mouth" version and projected to be limited to only 3000 pieces. Stay glued for further details as we receive them.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
04-25-2003, 08:50 PM
Looks like I'll be taking a drive to San Diego. My wife wants to go to Sea World, so it should be fun.

Beast
05-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Figures.com has a cool review of the new Hellraiser figure line that's due in stores sometime this coming week. Also a small tidbit for Series 2. :)

Chatter Beast measures 5 1/2" long and is the one nontraditional Cenobite looking character in this series. NECA will include one such creation in every Hellraiser series. Guesses on Series 2 gang? :)
So that means that Series 2 should include "The Engineer" from Hellraiser 1 most likely. :)

http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=36990&domain=figures.com&dom=fig&domain_id=4

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-16-2003, 05:57 PM
The San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Pinhead has been revealed over at Figures.com. Can't tell if he has the closed mouth that was stated above, but he's been done in a special pewter finish anyway. :p :)

NECA - Comic-Con Exclusive PINHEAD Revealed

First look at this San Diego Exclusive!

NECA provides Hellraiser fans a first look at their upcoming San Diego Comic Con Exclusive 7" Pewter-Finish Pinhead action figure.

The Pewter-Finish Pinhead commemorates the launch of NECA's first series of Hellraiser action figures and will be strictly limited to 3000 pieces. Pinhead will come specially packaged in his own window box with all the accessories that the regular includes: the cube, scalpel, and base. Pewter Pinhead will retail for $15. Stay tuned for packaged images in the coming weeks.

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=155&show_article=82

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jpak001
05-19-2003, 03:05 AM
I saw these new Hellraiser figures at Spencer Gifts today. They were very impressive in person, very nice indeed. They were $12.99 each.

They also had the 18" exclusive Pinhead, I ended up buying this bad boy to go with my 18" McFarlane collection. This thing is awesome, but ouch....... $50.

I'll try to post a pic of him with the McF 18ers sometime soon, he really does go well with them. Cant wait to score the 18" Jason next!

jpak001
05-19-2003, 05:35 AM
Heres that comparison pic:

Beast
05-19-2003, 12:38 PM
Pinhead's lookin' pretty good there, JPK001. Thanks for the confirmation that they are hitting stores for sure now. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jpak001
05-19-2003, 04:51 PM
No prob JJB! If you're into Hellraiser, I would highly suggest checking into these figs. They rival McFarlanes stuff in terms of detail, really nicely done.

I was tempted to get them, but you know..... No more room, no more money....

Beast
05-19-2003, 07:03 PM
As most of the folks around here know, I'm a major Hellraiser fan. Even though the various sequels have gotten a bit tiring. They need to get it back to it's roots, but I don't think that is going to happen. Here's hoping for Butterball and the Engineer as well as some of the other cool ones that slip my mind in the next series. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-21-2003, 06:45 PM
Managed to find them at Spencer's this afternoon. Only picked up Pinhead for now, since I have to wait til I get paid. Very very impressive figure. 7" tall with alot of attention given to the details of his costume. The pins are amazing, I never figured they could get such detail on such a small figure. 8 points of articulation, so not bad on that front. Neck, Waist, Arms (2), Upper Arm (2), and Lower Arm/Hands (2). Paint detailing is amazing. Can't wait to pick up the others in the assortment. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-22-2003, 06:22 PM
Apperantly the mystery of why the Hellraiser characters never appeared in the McFarlane Movie Maniacs line has been answered. I was digging for info about Series 2 that would be out in October for Halloween, and I came across an interview that hints what we may see in Series 2 and explains the McFarlane/Hellraiser mystery. I'll post the relevent pieces along with a link. :)

'Hellraiser'. Love or hate the series of films (and there has to be at least one you love...), no one can deny that what the toy world is severly lacking in is a presence from the servants of Leviathan that so enjoy infliciting pleasure and pain onto anyone stupid enough to solve the lament configuration.

Cenobites.

All that is set to change in a big way thanks to a massive agreement recently signed with Miramax by NECA toys to produce a lint of collectibles based on characters from the 'Hellraiser' films. Of course we at the Corner are in love with this idea, so I arranged an interview with Randy Falk, Director of Product Development at NECA, who single handly brought this long-dreamed of toy line into reality. Read, and enjoy...

JB: It would seem that you're team got very aggressive if you just started there less than a year ago and you've already acquired a license as big as 'Hellraiser'.

RF: When I came to NECA I had several licensees in mind that I had wanted to work on, ones that I'd been thinking about for many years, probably even before I was at McFarlane. So I had a wish list when I walked in the door and after a few weeks of establishing with them who I was and what I was capable of doing, I approached the owner with the licenses I felt were top-notch if done right. And fortunately he trusted in me that early on so we went to work on it right away.

Since then we've been able to sign some really killer licenses that I've spent the last several months developing like 'Hellraiser', that I think people are going to be blown away by.

JB: What do you think that NECA brought to Miramax that McFarlane was never able to?

RF: I think it's a combination of things. They were reluctant to lisence it before because you'll find a lot of studios are apprehensive to licensing R-rate properties because they can take a lot of heat from parents' groups or the Federal Trade Commission about making toys from a violent film. One thing we had to do was assure them that we weren't going to sell these toys into Toys 'R Us or KB Toys, which was pretty easy for us to do since we're a specialty manufacturer to begin with.

If McFarlane had ever put Pinhead in the Movie Maniacs, Toys 'R Us and KB would still carry them, though they may not be huge orders. So that would discount it right there because Miramax didn't want that stuff showing up on shelves where kids would be shopping.

JB: That's very interesting, I've never heard that particular reasoning before, but it makes a lot of sense. With all the complaining you usually hear online when the new MM set is released about why there's no Pinhead, that's one aspect I've never thought of before…

RF: It's a true, fair and honest answer. So that's part of it, but they did have ways around that. McFarlane, for example, did not sell the Tortured Souls to those accounts. Had he had the desire to make a series solely based on 'Hellraiser', he could have sold it in a manner similar to the Tortured Souls…

JB: In the end I think the fans are going to benefit from it anyway, because from what I've heard you have huge plans for the line.

RF: I think that's definitely the second part of why we were able to get the deal, actually. It was a very expensive license to obtain, and you can't make all your money back on just action figures. They cost a lot of money to create and to produce, so the fact that we already had such a wide range of merchandise helped us out. We were able to go to the studio, and even the retailers, and tell them we're going to be doing a whole program of merchandising, rather than one or two figures. If they feel like they can setup a four-foot section in their store centered around a particular line, it's a lot more appealing to them than trying to figure out how they're going to merchandise a couple of action figures that'll be gone in a few weeks.

We have a lot of products lined up that will make that possible. First there's the statue, then the figures, shot glasses, lunch boxes and at some point I'm sure we'll do a bobbing head. Probably done in caricature type way to put a different spin on it, we don't want all the products to look the same. We're also working on a high-end prop replica with Gary Tunnicliffe, who did the effects for the last several films, of the lament configuration. It's going to be real mahogany, brass overlays, and it will actually turn and open up. Whatever we can get away with producing on that puzzle box without the aid of the CG effects, we're going to make it do. That way it's not just a square box.

JB: People are going to go insane over that…

RF: It's good to have the support of guys like Tunnicliffe, who's really excited about what we're doing. We've had conversations with Doug Bradley, who's also really happy to be a part of it and is signing the certificates of authenticity for the statues.

It's great because our approval process goes straight through the studios and if they're happy, we can go ahead. But at the same time we've made the extra step of going to Gary for advice on any of the newer Cenobites, since he's the guy that created them. That way we can see the behind-the-scenes workings of all the creatures instead of having to guess as to what's going on from the shadowy seconds that you see them in the film. So they're as accurate and as perfect as possible, and we get the approval from Gary and Doug. They're excited that we're doing it and we're excited to be doing it, so it's win-win.

JB: That's awesome.

So what can we look forward to when the toys are released? I had read somewhere you might be going with themes for each set?

RF: Well, the first series does have a theme, I don't know if we're going to keep to it, though. Since it is the first and they're six toys in it, we'll do a character from each movie. At present 'Hellseeker' was the sixth and rather than come out with the classic four all at once, which everyone would be expecting, we decided to hold off and give people something to look forward to in the upcoming series. There are enough cool cenobites out there that we know we can get 3-4 series out of it without a doubt.

The other thing we want to try and is incorporate at least one character in every series that just stands out from the rest. We don't want all six characters to have the traditional leather and chains, so in the first series we will have the chatterer beast from 'Bloodline'.

JB: Yeah, I saw the sketch of that in Action Figure Digest…

RF: The figure for it is just coming out great. We're working on some cool articulation for the head and paws, so it really stands out. In Series Two we're looking to throw in a victim…like a skinless Frank or a Julia. So you'll have your Cenobites, but you'll also have one in each set that is a bit different from the rest.

JB: Are you going to try and incorporate the poll from part 3?

RF: We're looking at some options for maybe a diorama, or a…I wouldn't call it a play set, but something along those lines. We're coming up with ideas for some type of exclusives, like a diorama or a backdrop. It's definitely a possibility, but it won't be with the launch of the first line, probably more towards fall or the holidays next year.

JB: What kind of process is involved when you sit down to make an action figure of, say, Pinhead?

RF: The fist thing we do is control drawings. We sketch out the pose, possible points of articulation, possible accessories, basically how we want it to look and where we want it to move. We then submit that to the licensor, in this case Miramax, for approval and they'll sign off on it or offer comments. In this case on just about everything we've done they've approved immediately and told us to proceed to the next stage.

That stage is sculpting, and we had a few different sculptors working on the 'Hellraiser' line. The guy that did Pinhead, Kyle Windrix, was a guy I worked with for a few years at McFarlane, and he basically went nuts with it. He'd been dying to do this figure, he'd done a few for himself over the years, so he definitely had some practice at it. He sculpts it per the drawing and the pose we want.

With Pinhead, we were in love with two different facial expressions, one with the closed mouth, solemn look and one with the angry mouth open look….

JB: That's the one on the 2-up statue…

RF: It is, yes. We're not sure on the toy yet, we might release it both ways, or leave one for later or make it an exclusive, but people will be able to get both heads, we're just not sure when and how yet. We love both of them and we showed them to a lot of people and the majority of them preferred the angry face to the solemn one, so that's what we're going with. I think it might have to do with the original movie poster that swayed so many people to choose that one. At some point they'll both be out there.

JB: Now that you've signed the deal with Miramax, do you have free reign over anything upcoming? You know they're making two more movies…

RF: We basically have an agreement with them that runs for several years, covering the next set of films. Because of the new movies, we're really hoping that, if everything goes well, we're going to be looking at at least four different series of Cenobites over the next few years.

JB: Wow…to be honest, I never thought I'd hear that concerning 'Hellraiser' toys…

RF: (laughs) Me, either…

JB: How many people do you have on the 'Hellraiser' project right now?

RF: Right now we have ten…unfortunately we have a lot of projects going on so most of their sole attention can't be focused on the cenobites, but we had four sculptors working on that solely for about a two month period. Then of course we have a graphics person working on ads, package design, and myself and the art director oversee it all, giving input on everything from how we want the ads laid out to how the figure will look in the blister card. You know, how it's going to look on the shelf.

JB: A big concern for me when it was first announced that you were making the 'Hellraiser' figures was the quality. I hadn't heard of NECA before all this came about, and now all of sudden you're everywhere…

RF: And that's definitely a fair and valid concern, there's a lot of people that weren't familiar with the company or myself. When I came here I brought a lot of people with me, a lot of new blood into the place. And they're not just McFarlane guys, they're guys in the graphics field, art directors, an illustrator that's done a ton of other great stuff for the Misfits. So when this project happened I just went out and got the people that I knew were right for the job.

The other thing that I think is really important is that we're all fans of the licenses we're working on. With that you have a lot more passion to make sure everything is perfect because in the end you can say it's yours.

People have seen Pinhead and for the most part they're very pleased, but each figure, I think, is incredible.
http://www.creature-corner.com/interviews/randyfalk.php3

Sweet, Skinless Frank or Julia for Collection 2. Now that is a whole lot cooler then The Engineer being the different figure of the set. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-30-2003, 02:58 PM
Here's the first picture of the ComicCon Exclusive pewter colored Pinhead in the box. It actually looks really nice, I hope that someone can snag me one after all. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-02-2003, 08:13 PM
Neca's Hellraiser site is now up and running, showcasing their products and with some intresting pictures of at the moment the Chatterer figure in progress. I shot them an email about the next wave of figures and the chances for a couple ideas and I'll post if I hear back from them. The bloody varient of the wire twins 2-pack is also on display there, but I prefer the clean one myself. So I'm glad I'm not intrested in that particular varient. Bad enough that I have to have a 3rd twin to get her piece of the puzzle box. :)

http://hellraiserthemovie.com/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
06-02-2003, 09:17 PM
I picked up Pinhead at Media Play this weekend for 9.99. He's awesome !

The others looked cool but I'm fine with just Pinny for now. Butterball will be a definite pickup in the future if they make him. ;)
CD was tempting me but I'll pass.

I'm definitely grabbing that pewter Pinhead in Chicago ! ! ! :)

Beast
06-06-2003, 05:41 PM
Well, the first series was an incredible success. According to Figures.com, the entire first series was a total sell out. And that there will be no further figures of the first wave produced. Neca is now gearing up for Wave 2 in October. Still no word who will be in that, other then the inclusion of Skinless Frank or Julia. Here's hoping for Butterball, Dr. Channard, and Angelique. :)

NECA’s Hellraiser Series 1 Sells Out

Company sets sites on Series II...

NECA is proud to announce the complete sell out of the Reel Toys Hellraiser Series I line. The reports are in after 3 weeks of hitting store shelves that Hellraiser is the #1 selling item at several major mall retailers as well as the #1 item on Entertainment Earth along with a number of other toy e-tailers.

Part of the success of the line is due to the way the case assortments are packed out. This broke down to 14 figures per case, 2 complete sets and 2 extra Pinheads. This gave the retailers the opportunity to sell through cases without being stuck with an odd amount of figures.

Randy Falk -Director of Product Development said “We wanted to do everything we could to insure that the fans and collectors would be able to find the figures they are looking for. That is why we packed our figures 14 per case instead of 12. It's obvious that everyone, even the casual fan, will want Pinhead so we needed more of him. We wanted to pack 2 each of the regular Cenobites and 4 Pinheads. It is a very fair mix so there is 2 complete sets in each case plus 2 extra Pinheads. The reports we are getting from retailers and fans is very positive to our case mix.”

The sheer magnitude of the response that we have received has exceeded our expectations, there will be no more figures made of Series I so we can begin to gear up for Series II.

Series II will ship in October 2003. And if you thought the “Lament Configuration” (Puzzle Box) was a cool accessory and incentive to collect all 6 figures, just wait to see what comes with Series II.

To check out NECA's new Hellraiser devoted website, just click HERE (www.hellraiserthemovie.com).

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
06-08-2003, 11:56 AM
I scored the set of 6 from Suncoast for 9.99 each, not bad concidering I saw them at Spencers for 12.99 like Binkie. I wouldn't have bought them all if it wasn't for the cube. Pinhead is awesome! I wonder what the next gimmick will be to get some of us the buy them all? I hope it's as good as the make it sound. Maybe it will be each figure comes with a part of a body or something. Man I have spent so much money between SW, this and MM I have to stop.

Beast
06-08-2003, 01:54 PM
I just picked up them from Spencer's, since they were doing a deal where you join there little club and you get $10.00 back to use at the store later on. Which I'll save and use on Series II.

Especially since it seemed they weren't going to get them anyplace else. Of course, now they did. Oh well. Maybe for series two, each figure will come with a piece of the Pinhead statue from Hellraiser III. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-09-2003, 03:26 AM
Just saw this tonight, and figured I would post it for you Hellraiser folks that want to possibly win some NECA stuff. Neca and MovieManiacs.Net have banded together for a contest. Here's the rules, so you can join if you like. :)

NECA and MovieManiacs.Net bring you the Hellraiser Series 2 Contest

Yep you heard it right, we've joined forces once again with Reel Toys/NECA to bring you one hell of a contest.

Basically, all you have to do is tell us who you think the 6 members of Hellraiser Series 2 will be, and if you guess them correctly, you may win some great NECA swag. If more than one person guesses the lineup, we will enter all the winners together and draw a grand prize winner. Also, there is a bonus question that is not necessary to get right, but will help you tremendously if you do. Just follow the format below, and send your name and guesses to russ@moviemaniacs.net with the subject heading HELLRAISER CONTEST. One entry per person, anyone caught doing multiple entries will have all of them voided.

The contest will run until NECA announces the official Series 2 lineup, scheduled for the end of this month. Prizes are still being determined, but will definitely be of the Hellraiser/NECA Toy genre and well worth entering for.

So what are you waiting for, ENTER NOW!

Hellraiser Series 2 will be:

BONUS: What will be the Bonus for collecting all 6 members of Series 2 (Like the Puzzle Box in Series 1)

Good luck!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
06-09-2003, 04:03 AM
Is there a Pinhead head variant out there? :confused:

I finally opened my Pinhead figure tonight and noticed the pic on the cardback has Doug Bradley doing the cool "teeth-grimace" thing while my figure has the calm look on his face.

Is there a variant or is it just a prototype photo? :confused:

Both look very cool, I wouldn't know which one to choose if I had to decide . . .

:)

Beast
06-09-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Is there a Pinhead head variant out there? :confused:

I finally opened my Pinhead figure tonight and noticed the pic on the cardback has Doug Bradley doing the cool "teeth-grimace" thing while my figure has the calm look on his face.

Is there a variant or is it just a prototype photo? :confused:

Both look very cool, I wouldn't know which one to choose if I had to decide . . .

Nope, no varient. They sculpted up both versions and couldn't decide which to use. Most people they asked, prefered the "grimace" version. And that's what they used on the statue and the 18" version. They were supposedly going to go with the grimace version on the small version also. But I guess plans changed. That's why the cards feature the "evil" one. But they went with the calm look instead. They said the grimace would probably be available at a later date. I like both also, and hope Pinhead 2.0 is in Series 2. And Captain Elliot Spencer can be in Series 3. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AmanaMatt
06-11-2003, 06:33 AM
Well, I've scored the 18" pinhead, and most of the 7" line - skipped the dog...but gotta say, these are great. I am glad we got both faces for Pinhead, though the grimmace on the 18" is the best. Bring on series 2. Only thing to watch for on the 7" pinhead is that the paint apps can be a tad sloppy from piece to piece - I had to go through several befroe I got a perfect one.

Way to go Mcf, er Neca!

I cannot wait for the 18" Jason - looks great.

Beast
06-11-2003, 10:18 PM
Well, the Wire Twins 2-packs are starting to turn up at on-line E-tailers. I just got a confrimation of my order from Entertainment Earth being shipped today. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jpak001
06-12-2003, 02:31 AM
Yeah, I just saw a few of those wire twin two-packs at frank-n-sons today, They were very cool, and seemed like an alright deal at $20 each (you get two and a half figures!).

Was really tempted to get one but I'm trying not to add another toy line to my shopping list.....

Beast
06-12-2003, 02:41 AM
Wow, Frank-N-Sons has another good deal? And that's funny because so many people always complain they are scalpers. Entertainment Earth wants $24.99 for the set, plus shipping.

As for adding another toy line to the shopping list, I don't have a large problem with one more. Especially since we'll likely only see 2 releases of 6 figures a year, with an exclusive 2-pack. :)

Speaking of 2-packs. I bet the next one will be the cenobite twins stuck together from Hellraiser IV: Bloodlines. They can package a individual twin on a card, and you can get the combined twins in the 2-pack.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AmanaMatt
06-12-2003, 06:45 AM
Are you getting the one puzzle piece in the two pack or no?

jpak001
06-12-2003, 09:25 AM
Nah, no puzzle piece in the exclusive two pack. I noticed that right away.... you would still need to buy the single wire twin to get the box.

Oh yeah, JJB your right: a lot of people complain about f-n-s, but you don't have to buy anything that you feel is overpriced, and they dont charge for admission or parking. All you really have to do is really look around to find what you want. I usually find some really good deals there, and trade things as well. I finally got a retooled vader today in trade for some SW legos! I also walk away from overpriced stuff, a lot..... Guess you gotta take the bad with the good :)

Sorry 'bout the f-n-s-rant!

Beast
06-17-2003, 06:03 PM
Just got my Wire Twins and Torso 2 1/2 pack in the UPS from Entertainment Earth. And curse my luck, if I didn't end up getting the rare varient "Bloody" Wire Twins. Just because I had no intrest in the Bloody versions, and was more then happy with the clean ones. I don't like the bloody decorated figures all that much.

So now I face a quandry. Do I keep the rare 1 for every 10 Bloody Twins in the package and buy a regular set from ebay for the loose versions I wanted. Or do I open the Bloody Set and enjoy them for what they are. And I do already have a clean tounge-out Wire Twin anyway from the basic release. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jpak001
06-17-2003, 09:49 PM
That's a tough decision man.....

I would probably just keep the bloody version as a special carded fig from the set, and buy the regular ones to bust open and setup. I think I would rather have the non-bloody ones to go with the rest of the series.

That's just what I would do though! :)

Beast
06-26-2003, 07:19 PM
Well, the very first figure for Wave 2 has been officially announced over at Neca's official Hellraiser Figure Site. It's Skinless Julia, whoo hoo!! :D

The Suffering Begins Anew

You all know you really want more than just a taste of the sweet nectars of pain, but at this moment we can only give you but a glimpse of what is to be. The 2nd series of Hellraiser figures are nearing completion and we thought we would give you just a slight tease of what is to be. They will be hitting the shelves in October, but you get to see an early control sketch for the design of one of the figures right now! (We decided to be nice to you.) You will love it simply because you have to!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
06-26-2003, 08:46 PM
Looks cool! I love how it says "Bandages for retail" For some reason the US thinks the human body is dirty, but it's OK to have figures sliced and diced. Just think the way some of us think is a little strange, but please bring on the nudes and deheaded figures, I love it!!

Deoxyribonucleic
06-27-2003, 07:33 PM
I picked mine up last week at Gamestop for 8 dollars a piece. I only purchased pinhead and chatterer though, I really don't like the others, just the ones from the first two flicks, the rest of the hellraiser movies JUST didn't do it for me so I'm going to pass on the figures too, more for you guys though ;)

I can't wait for the second wave though, here's hoping for the orginal "Female Cenobite" and "Butterball" and Dr. Channard. Then my collection would be complete. I also wouldn't mind Angelique. (thanks for the info on the fleshless julia JJB) and I love my pinhead. I'm going to hook his stand onto my framed, signed poster of the orginal hellraiser movie...I'll post pics when I get it all done :)

I have to post one small complaint about my pinhead, I just wish they would have sculpted legs on him, I have never liked the "shortcut" dress sculpt like on the POTF Emperor, or Emperor's royal guard, it just looks a bit cheap and really takes away from the total "coolness" of a figure. However, at least his "dress" is maleable plastic.

Beast
07-03-2003, 07:12 PM
Figure #2 of 6 has been locked in for Wave 2 coming this October. And it's one of the ones that so many of us have been asking and hoping for. It's Butterball from Hellraiser I and II. I wish they would have done removable glasses, but it's probably easier to just sculpt them on one and off another and make interchangable heads. Either way, one more of my most wanted gets done. Yipee!! :D

The Details are a Little Sketchy

Boy oh boy, are we just ever too nice to you. We are watching you and we know all about your speculation. We know about your guessing games and you're all doing such a great job, so we decided to whet your appetite a little bit more. We're still not nice enough to show you something in 3d, though technically it would have to be in front of you to be 3d, but I think you know what I mean. Anyhow, this is the Hellraiser website, we shouldn't be so nice.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-03-2003, 08:28 PM
Full line-up revealed. It wasn't exactly all who I guessed, I was off by one figure. Wonder if I have a shot in hell with the contest. Here's the line-up from Creature-Corner.com. :)

NECA will be debuting Series 2 of the 'Hellraiser' toys, full of Cenobite goodness at the Comic Con. The series will include a second version of Pinhead (from 'Hellbound', with a new expression, pose, accesories, and revised paint details!), Butterball, Skinless Julia, Angelique, Barbie & Surgeon. Each figure will be 7" as was the first line, and they will all come with a piece of the Pillar of Souls seen in 'Hellraiser III'. When put together the pillar will stand over 9" tall. Sweet!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
07-03-2003, 08:56 PM
DROOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Beast
07-03-2003, 09:07 PM
Yep, drooling heavily here as well. I'm guessing that Pinhead 2.0 will be the one after the Channard Cenobite reverts him to Elliot Spencer. Hopefully Series III will have Elliot in his Army Uniform. :)

Caesar should be happy about the addition of Butterball. And I'm glad that they are offering Butterball and Angelique for you, Deoxy. Series III should hopefully give us the Female Centobite and Dr. Channard.

As for myself, I look forward to all of them. Surgeon's not exactly one of the best designs, but the other 5 make up for him. Sort of like what happened with the Wire Twin. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
07-03-2003, 09:13 PM
Right-E-O mate ;)

Looks like Neca is making all of us happy here...I like the selection they've picked because it seems to satisfy everyone really, which is new in the toy world LOL ;)

I forgot to mention that I really, REALLY want that female centobite from the first 2, she was always my second fav next to "the man" himself, and of course, you can NEVER have enough Pinhead sculpts!

Beast
07-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Agreed wholeheartedly. If McFarlane would have gotten the license, I bet we would have seen the first four cenobites and nothing beyond that. I love how NECA is pacing themselves and doing figures from each movie over time.

BTW, after Series II here's what is left in the pipe to do from the current flicks. Atleast as far as Cenobites go. Hopefully we'll see a Skinless Frank, Captain Elliot Spencer, and maybe even a Kirsty before the line ends. :)

Hellraiser:
Female Cenobite
The Engineer

Hellbound: Hellraiser II:
Chatterer Cenobite 2.0 (Visible Eyes, Ears, No Hooks)
Dr. Channard Cenobite

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth:
Camerahead Cenobite
J.P. Cenobite
Terry Cenobite

Hellraiser IV: Bloodline
Twins Cenobite(s)

Hellraiser V: Inferno:
- Done -

Hellraiser VI: Hellseeker:
Bound Cenobite

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
07-03-2003, 09:34 PM
That actually turns out perfect!!! There's 9 left to do and then they can add the 3 that you metioned above...frank, kirsty and Cpt. Elliot Spencer and they'd be set for exactly 2 more sets!!!

One more that would be kinda cool if they made is the guy with the crickets in his beard, LOL ;)

Beast
07-07-2003, 03:25 PM
From the official site:

Cenobitten More Than You Can Chew

Speculation and suspense are definitely killers. We intended to kill but got caught up in things and maybe let the word out a little early, so lets OFFICIALLY state what’s going on here in Hell.

The lineup of Hellraiser Series 2 Seven Inch figures is as follows:
Pinhead II (not Elliot Spencer or Pinhead with Elliot Spencer’s head or Pinhead wearing Elliot Spencer’s favorite brand of cologne)
Butterball
Julia
Barbie
Angelique
Surgeon

That’s what it is, and this is coming from the horse’s mouth. However, just because the horse has spoken it doesn't mean that we have let all the oats out of the feedbag (nah, no horse cenobite coming out anytime soon... that would just be dumb).
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
07-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Between these and the new T3 figures, my head is spinning with action figure delight.

These LOOK FABULOUS JJB! I'm completely floored by the accuracy of the sculpts of these characters, I mean, they couldn't get any better!!!

Thank goodness for these lines keeping the faith, as hasbro surely has not been delivering, literally!! :eek: :p

Thanks for the photo JJB, you made my day!

Beast
07-07-2003, 04:23 PM
Here's a nice big copy of it. :)

http://www.geocities.com/veronesis/ShowLetter.txt

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-07-2003, 04:46 PM
Seems the picture's already been beaten into bandwith surpassing. So, here it is here. I have an even larger copy, but it won't fit here. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-07-2003, 05:37 PM
The official site has the image up now, but this one features Butterball with his glasses. And when you move your mouse off and over the picture, the dressed and undressed Skinless Julia is revealed. :)

http://www.hellraiserthemovie.com/hrad2.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
07-07-2003, 05:43 PM
WOW, Neca is really getting into making these Hellraiser figures, which is GREAT...enthusiasm such as this can only spawn excellent sculpted figures for the fans, as they seem to be big fans themselves!

So is there going to be both versions of Julia released? As a two pack and seperately perhaps, like they did with the wiretwins maybe??

Anyhow, however they decide to do it, I'm really happy with Neca! :)

Beast
07-07-2003, 05:49 PM
You mean a skin-on version? Not that I know of. There could be right problems with the actress' actual face that prevents it being used. After all, Julia was played by a pretty famous British actress.

If you mean a bandaged and unbandaged? No, she'll ship bandaged up in the lil outfit and such so that she's not gory and nude on the card. And then you can take the dress and bandages on and off after. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
07-07-2003, 06:14 PM
Yes, I was talking of the bandages how it is in that cool java pic you posted above :) So that's cool, I didn't realize that those bandages/dress would be removable...I like that much better!

ROFL at "gory and nude on the card." Only people who collect figures would EVER understand that. That would make a good sig line there JJB!! ;)

Beast
07-11-2003, 06:19 PM
The official Neca Hellraiser site has images up of the figure sculpt for the Surgeon Cenobite. For one of the lesser well known Cenobites, he looks pretty damn good so far. Can't wait til October, as Hellraiser: Deader comes out then also. :)

http://www.hellraiserthemovie.com/surgprog.html

News on getting the pewter pinhead, for those that can't attend the SDCC convention or wizard world. Nice of them to get them out to a wider audiance. The following info is from, Action-Figure.com. :)

NECA: Comic Con Exclusive Pinhead Update
Posted by adrian on Thursday, July 10, 2003 - 09:06 PM GMT

NECA have sent us an update on the Comic Con Exclusive Pewter Pinhead, including brief details on how you could get hold of one, even if you're not going to the con...

Pewter Pinhead will retail for $15 and is limited to 3000 pieces. A limited amount of Pewter Pinheads will be offered through a new Hellraiser Collector's Club to be launched on the official Hellraiser Website later this month at www.hellraiserthemovie.com
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-14-2003, 09:47 PM
For fans of the Barbie Cenobite from Hellraiser III, you can get a really nice look at him in the latest issue of Action Figure Digest.

They have two really nice pictures of him. And show his accessories. But here's the big news. Just like Butterball, he'll come with an interchangable head as an accessory. :)

One will be closed, and other open with him blowing flames out. Just like he was shown doing in Hellraiser III. Shame they didn't do this with the first series. Both of Chatterer's Headsculpts would have been nice. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
07-15-2003, 03:29 AM
Shame they didn't do this with the first series. Both of Chatterer's Headsculpts would have been nice. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plus an open and closed mouth pinhead, but alas they are making him anyway ;)

Beast
07-15-2003, 04:42 AM
plus an open and closed mouth pinhead, but alas they are making him anyway ;)
Well, I can understand it with Pinhead. Since the delicate pins would make grasping and popping the head off a royal pain in the posterior. Atleast with how careful you'd have to be to not wreck the figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-16-2003, 05:04 PM
NECA's official Hellraiser site updated today, with a close-up of the Pillar of souls. The Pillar from the third film, is the incentive to collect all the Series 2 figures. Similar to how the Puzzle Box was for Series 1. I have to say that the final pillar is amazing, and looks just like it did in the movie. An even better pack-in then the Puzzle Box. Can't wait for October. :)

Envy Our 9 Inches

As a special preview of what is going to be shown at the San Diego Comic-Con, we are going to unveil a nice shot of the 9 inch tall "Pillar of Souls" from Series 2. Those who were worrying about how "seamless" it would be when put together, worry no more. The photo you will see when you click below is that of the pillar constructed from the seperate pieces.
Just trust us already. We know what we are doing.
We arre profeshionuls!

ps. We intend to update everyday for the convention, so stay tuned.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
07-16-2003, 07:08 PM
NECA's official Hellraiser site updated today, with a close-up of the Pillar of souls. The Pillar from the third film, is the incentive to collect all the Series 2 figures. Similar to how the Puzzle Box was for Series 1. I have to say that the final pillar is amazing, and looks just like it did in the movie. An even better pack-in then the Puzzle Box. Can't wait for October. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
Very nice, I love this line. I wouldn't say it's better than the Box, but a very interesting incentive. The box to me has such a powerful meaning behind it, but so does the Pillar. I can't wait either!!

Beast
07-16-2003, 07:19 PM
Very nice, I love this line. I wouldn't say it's better than the Box, but a very interesting incentive. The box to me has such a powerful meaning behind it, but so does the Pillar. I can't wait either!!
True. But we always knew that we were going to get the box from NECA in some way. Now the Pillar of Souls, that's something that really blows me away. In that I never thought I'd see it. Makes me wonder what they can pull out of their hat for Series III. Leviathan is the only thing that comes to mind. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-17-2003, 02:29 AM
Figures.Com has their coverage up of Neca's Hellraiser stuff. Very nice, very nice indeed. Can't wait for October, as I said the last few dozen times. :)

http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=661&password=&page=1

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Official Site updated again today, with close-up pics of the Barbie Cenobite. Including the variant head that would be packed in with the figure. Very nice. :)

Barbie Murders Ken, Film at 11

No pink frills. No malibu home. No Skipper. No genderless crotch (ok, so no crotch at all). This Cenobite is unlike anyone named Barbie you have met before. Accompanied with some wicked hot breath and a drink shaker, he is here to set your world aflame. Oh, and for those truly odd ones out there, you probably wouldnt want to lick his face, unless you like getting your tounge caught on barbed wire... freaks.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-18-2003, 02:26 PM
Official Site updated once again, this time delivering a three figure blow. Angelique, Butterball, and Surgeon. Just like Barbie, Butterball features a variant glasses off head. Very cool stuff. Now they just need to put up the spotlights on Julia and Pinhead 2.0. :)

A Trio of Terror

They say all bad things come in threes, so today we get to unveil some nice glossy images of three bad asses. Who are they? I'm not going to tell you. I'm just that messed up.... ah ok, you win. Here's the order from left to right:

Angelique: She's smart, sexy, voluptuous, but always suffering from that darn splitting headache of hers. Poor lass. She likes long walks on the beach, while the seas boil with blood. And talk about a wicked sense of humor! Her last boyfriend said he would give her his heart... so she took it! Such a cut up!

Butterball: His future's so bright, not only does he have to wear shades, but also he had to sew his darn eyelids shut! This wild and crazy guy is pretty handy around the house. If you need any kind of a tool, well look at that apron of his. It's all there! He gives new meaning to the words "big and beautiful."

Surgeon: Now here is a man you definitely don't want to upset. Unlike most surgeons and doctors, this man has no patience. Get it? Patients, patience? eh... Anyhow, don't do something around him that he wouldn't like, for he always has his eye on you. He really doesn't have a choice, they are forced open.... seriously. Don't do it.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-21-2003, 04:31 PM
Official Site updated once again, this time delivering a good look at the final two figures in the series. Julia w/ Removable Bandages and Pinhead II. They also added a wallpaper picture of the entire set. Looks really nice, and I still can't wait til October. :)

A Bunch of Goodies From Some Major Baddies

Today we have for you a monster update. (No pun intended, so deal with it.) We have for you the very last of our Series 2 exposé, featuring Julia and Pinhead, followed by a special treat: Desktop Wallpaper from Series 2! Aren't you glad you didn't die in your sleep last night? You would never have been able to see all this great stuff!

Julia is a sassy lass and is out there to show the world that beauty is not only skin deep, but beyond that. Not really the kind of person you want to hug, she still manages to turn heads every day. If you saw her walking down the street you know you would definitely be intrigued.

Well, look who's come back for some more! You know it, Mr. Suffering himself, Pinhead! Some people have always wondered why Pinhead is called Pinhead. Those people are idiots. I mean, c'mon, what did you think; he was some Ramones fan or something? Anyhow, this Pinhead is angry and has a nice set of pearly whites. You might want to keep him away from some of your OTHER 7 inch figures. He doesn't play nice.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-22-2003, 08:41 PM
Figures.Com has some more info up, and looks like we might finally have some info on one of the most anticipated figures of the entire line. While originally penciled into Wave II, Channard was pushed back to perfect his design and to figure out exactly how to package him. He's penciled in for sure for Wave III. Here's the news, which also includes some Wave II info. :)

SDCC 2003 - Hellraiser:
New Pinhead Head Knocker! More Series 2 info!

As previously reported, NECA had revealed that a second assortment of Hellraiser action figures was ramping up for a fall 2003 release. This assortment will include: Pinhead II, Butterball, Skinless Julia, Angelique, Barbie and Surgeon. Each figure will stand approximately 7" inches tall, come fully articulated, include accessories and a piece of the Pillar of Souls... Collect all 6 to assemble the pillar which will stand over 9" tall.

Only Butterball, Julie, and Angelique prototypes were on display. The remaining three will be on display at Wizard World Chicago. Randy Falk, NECA's Director of Product Development, revealed that all of Butterball's "tools" (http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showphoto.php?photo=3813&password=&sort=1&cat=661&page=1) will be removeable from his apron. While Series 1's Wire Twins left little room for head articulation, NECA has solved the slight problem with Angelique. This demonic beauty will feature soft, pliable plastic on her head flaps and where the wires hook into her shoulders. This will allow for greater poseability without the worry of snapping those real metal wires.

Aside from an awesome Pinhead Head Knocker (http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showphoto.php?photo=3809&password=&sort=1&cat=661&page=1) revealed at the show, NECA's Hellraiser plans are to continue strong into 2004. Series 3 is being eyed for a Spring release. While full details are still being kept under wraps, those fans of Hellraiser II's Dr. Channard will be in for a treat. Asked if anymore 18" Motion-Activated Hellraiser figures were planned, such as the fan favorite Chatterer, Randy replied that they are focusing more on major 18" players (Pinhead, Jason and the upcoming third... THE CROW!), though nothing has been completely ruled out. NECA's planned high-end Lament Configuration (the cube) Prop Replica is also still being worked on.

For a full image gallery tour, including a full 360 view of the Pillar of Souls, just click HERE (http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=661&password=).
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
07-22-2003, 09:02 PM
Figures.Com has some more info up, and looks like we might finally have some info on one of the most anticipated figures of the entire line. While originally penciled into Wave II, Channard was pushed back to perfect his design and to figure out exactly how to package him. He's penciled in for sure for Wave III. Here's the news, which also includes some Wave II info. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
The high end Cube better open. Now that's something I'd pay a bit more for.

Beast
07-22-2003, 09:17 PM
They are trying to put as much movement into it as possible, but I doubt that it will fully open. Since even the movie ones don't actually do the whole opening process with one piece. I've seen ones that can go from cube to 'star'. But the box looks terrible then, due to the sections in it. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-25-2003, 10:09 PM
Nice to see that they're gonna get the Pewter Pinheads out there to 500 people that couldn't get to the convention. Better then some companies are doing. *coughMattelcough* :p

Convention, Invention, and Hypertension

The Comic-Con was a major success and it tons 'o fun for the whole crew that worked under the NECA/Reel Toys banner this past week. Below we have some pictures for you to check out with them at the show along with Gary J. Tunnicliffe and of course Pinhead. (Ok, Pinhead wasn't real, but we couldn't tell the fans that. That's like telling a kid there is no Santa Claus. Oh... wait... you didn't know? Sorry. Is that your mom I hear calling you for dinner?)

Beyond that, since they were in California, Randy and Nicolle of our infamous "Team" took a little trip to J. Tunnicliffe's "2 Hours In The Dark" studio and special-fx house. We have a couple images there, and well some we won't be able to show for a little while now.

Now besides all that wonderful stuff that you won't ever be able to experience or see for yourself (doesn't it suck to be you?) I have some fantabulous news for you. Next week the Hellraiser Collectors Club will launch and the first offering will be the Limited Edition Pinhead Pewter Exclusive figure (whew, try saying that 3 times fast) and an Exclusive Hellraiser T-Shirt for club members only. The first offering will be limited to 500 orders at $30, so when this baby is up and running and we let you know, you best get your order in or be forced to sit home and cry like a little baby, you wuss!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
07-26-2003, 11:59 AM
Wow, while that's good news for people who weren't able to get them, 30 dollars...wooooooooo! That's a bit steep but maybe you are paying for the tshirt in there as well???

All in all though, it's a good thing they are doing it. Are they going to be at Wizard World Chicago selling them as well?

Beast
07-26-2003, 12:44 PM
Well, you do get a T-Shirt and a Membership in the club to go with it. I just hope they thought of us folks that already were able to get one (Thanks Deoxy) and offer a cheaper shirt and membership only option. :D

And again, thanks Deoxy. You rock, my sistah of Star Wars collecting.

And as far as I know, they'll have the other half of the 3,000 that were made at the Wizard World Chicago Con. I know that's when Caesar was planning to grab his. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
07-27-2003, 12:58 AM
Well, you do get a T-Shirt and a Membership in the club to go with it. I just hope they thought of us folks that already were able to get one (Thanks Deoxy) and offer a cheaper shirt and membership only option. :D

And again, thanks Deoxy. You rock, my sistah of Star Wars collecting.

And as far as I know, they'll have the other half of the 3,000 that were made at the Wizard World Chicago Con. I know that's when Caesar was planning to grab his. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

That sounds better...the membership + tshirt + pewter pinhead for 30 doesn't sound so bad now at all and I bet the tshirt is pretty cool!

WOW, I didn't know they only made 3000, mine all of a sudden looks even "more better" ;)

And JJB, it was absolutely MY pleasure my brotha of Star Wars collecting ;)

Go Caesar, Go Caesar...sending good karma your way to get that pinhead :)

Beast
07-29-2003, 04:30 PM
NECA's Hellraiser Site now has the Collector's Club up. A great deal for those of you that can't get to the conventions. Or doesn't have a chance to have someone else snag it for you. :)

Without further ado...

You want the Collector's Club? You got the Collector's Club!

Click the pretty banner, and use it to link to the collectors club wherever you like!

Join the Hellraiser Collector's Club and receive an exclusive Hellraiser T-Shirt and a Pewter Pinhead.

Membership in the club entitles you to the following: Exclusive Pewter Finish Pinhead Action Figure limited to 3000 pcs and previously only available at the San Diego Comic Con

Exclusive NECA/Reel Toys Hellraiser T-Shirt not available anywhere else.

Ability to purchase show and regional exclusives. (This does not include retail exclusives at this time)

Regular "Member's Only" e-mails that give you access to behind the scenes features and news on upcoming figures and products first. Find out all the latest Hellraiser news before the general public.

NOTE: Only orders from within the USA are currently acceptable.
http://store.yahoo.com/neca1/coexpepiandt.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
07-30-2003, 01:12 PM
I finally picked up my first Hellraiser fig 2 days ago, Chatterer, and I love the fig, sculpting and paimtjob are outstanding, now I just need Chatter Beast and then I can wait for Series 2 to get Pinhead (I only need one and I like the second one more) and Angelique
BTW, he looks great with the Movie Maniacs (I thought of putting him with the Tortured Souls but there was no room left for him)

Beast
09-09-2003, 06:31 PM
Neca's Official Hellraiser site posted carded images of Series II that should be out sometime in October. Case pack-out is the same for Series I. 14 figures per case. With 4 Pinheads & 2 of every other figure. No chase figures of deliberate variations to hunt down. I assume that Butterball will likely be as difficult to find as Chatterer was at the beginning. But here's the carded pics. I'll toss the Pinhead figure picture up in the following post. :)

I Bet You Can't Wait To Pop These Blisters!

It's been a long time coming, but here are the pictures that are sure to make you salivate in anticipation. Why? Because when you see them you can only think to yourself that they will be in your hands soon... your dirty, calloused blood stained hands.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
09-09-2003, 06:37 PM
Here's Randy of Neca/Reel Toys' post from the Asylum forums. Also there is a new club figure coming out. And from the shape of the figure, we're pretty sure that it's Chatterer from Hellraiser II. As most of you know, the look of Chatterer changed during the midway point in Hellraiser II. He was supposed to have been altered in Hell's version of a Beauty Parlor. There should be some info coming on how to aquire him soon. But if you're already a member of the Fan Club, you'll be able to outright by the figure. But if you haven't joined yet, you'll be able to and get that figure instead of the currently available Pewter Pinhead. :)

The wait is almost over, Series II will be in stores next month. We now have some packaged samples in the office. I think you will be very happy with the outcome.

http://www.hellraiserthemovie.com/indexb.html

There is so much toy goodness packed in each one of these figures that you won't believe it. No chase figures or deliberate variations for you to hunt down. Expect an even case mix again with 14 figures per case (4 x Pinhead, and 2 each of the other characters)

Keep checking the site for updates and instructional information on how the Pillar of Souls is assembled and how to get Juila in and out of her clothes

Thanks
Randy
NECA
Reel Toys

Splinter summed it up pretty well. If you have already joined the club you will not have to purchase the club membership package (shirt and figure) again to obtain the new exclusive figure.

Those of you who have not joined the club would need to do so now by purchasing a membership package that includes the T-Shirt and the Pewter Pinhead OR you may wait until we are sold out of the Pewter Pinheads and join the club by purchasing a memebership package when the new Exclusive Figure is offered.

Final details and availability are still being determined. We will update you as details are finalized.

Thanks
Randy
NECA
Reel Toys
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
09-11-2003, 02:40 AM
The first figure for Series III has been confirmed. In the latest issue of Tomart's Action Figure Digest he/they are revealed. It's on page 30. It's the 'Comedy & Tragedy' Twin Cenobite from Hellraiser Bloodlines. Dr. Channard Cenobite is also supposed to be included in Series III. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
09-12-2003, 08:06 PM
Here you go, someone got the copy of Tomart's over on Asylum's boards and posted a picture of the design art for the Comedy & Tragedy Twins Cenobite. Looks pretty good. Not my favorite design, but not terrible. I still wonder if there will be a 2-pack with the twins seperated. :)

EDIT: - Added a picture of the Chatterer II Hellraiser Fan Club Exclusive Figure. It should become available later this fall from the Hellraiser Fan Club. Definatly liking where this is headed. Also attached is an early picture of the upcoming Twins figure from Bloodlines. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-02-2003, 06:03 PM
According to NECA, Series II should be showing up in a couple weeks. They have a couple new features up on their site. A full break down and pictures of the Pillar of Souls from Hellraiser III. And detailed pictures and instructions on how to undress Julia once you get her. :cool: :D

Step Into Our Souls

A twisted form of pain and torture awaits you, and we don't mean that cousin in your family that no one dares talk about. Here to view for the first time is a large feature on our coveted and forthcoming Pillar Of Souls. To those of you not in the know, a single piece of the pillar comes with each figure in the Hellraiser Series 2 lineup. This massive tower was featured most prominently in Hellraiser 3: Hell on Earth and is sure to delight any Hellraiser fan with its sheer detail and realism.

Click the screaming man's face to get to our large behind the scenes feature!

Pillar Of Souls Feature (http://www.hellraiserthemovie.com/pillarprog.html)

This Is Going To Be Fun!

They are coming. They are right around the corner, and they can sense your impatience. In a few weeks time, you will see them in their little plastic and paper containers, begging to be unleashed. You will buy them, all of them, at least once, just so you can make their wonderful pillar. Then you will hear the faint cries of a singular female entity, and you won't be able to keep your self from following her demands.

"Undress me," Julia beckons. At first you hesitate thinking, "Why the hell do I think a toy is talking to me?"

Well the truth is, you don't. You are just reading some stuff one a website dedicated to the line of action figures you are going to be really happy with and buy. Snap out of it, ok? You're scaring us. Anyhow, seeing as how you are going to buy these things, we figured we should give you a little insight on how to get Julia to be in her gory, bare, and skinless form. That's right, today's wonderful feature is:

How to undress Julia (http://www.hellraiserthemovie.com/dressjulia.html)
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
10-02-2003, 08:09 PM
According to NECA, Series II should be showing up in a couple weeks. They have a couple new features up on their site. A full break down and pictures of the Pillar of Souls from Hellraiser III. And detailed pictures and instructions on how to undress Julia once you get her. :cool: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks LOL, that guy has a cool sense of humor.:cool:

Beast
10-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Yes, all the folks that work for NECA are damn cool. Randy and Rene especially. It's really nice to see a company that enjoys interacting and talking with fans. And Randy looks hilarious dressed as Princess Leia on the website. I can't wait to see the 18" Chatterer figure w/ Chattering Teeth when they reveal it. :cool: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Figures.com has a full review of the Second Series of Hellraiser figures up now. I really have to save, Wave II blows Wave I out of the water. The choices are so much better then what was in the first series. Can't wait to see what's in store for Wave III. Though I have a pretty good idea what we'll probably see. These are just my guesses, and we may see a Cenobite from HR 7 show up instead. :)

Pinhead III (Elliot Spencer Head)
Female Cenobite (Hellraiser I version - 6 Neck Wires)
Camerahead (Hellraiser III)
Comedy/Tragedy Twins (Hellraiser IV)
Bound (Hellraiser VI)
The Engineer (Hellraiser I & 2)
Dr. Channard (Special Boxed Set)

Figures.Com: Hellraiser Series II Overview (http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=38701&domain=figures.com&dom=fig&domain_id=4)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
10-03-2003, 04:34 PM
I can't wait for this series either, I'll definitly get Pinhead and Angelique
I also got the Chatter Beast recently and he is great too, I now have them (Chatterer and Beast) displayed with Tortured Sould Series 1, and they all look great together, can't wait to add the others :)

187-Maul
10-19-2003, 07:42 AM
guess it's time for another bump from me ;)
yesterday I saw the 18 inch Pinhead at the Collector's Rendez-Vous (SW convention) for 35 euros ($40 US) so I just had to get him :D
as soon as I got home I opened him up and man, the figure is soooo great! he looks so life-like, and the details are superb, he's actually one of my favorite figs in my collection now :) guess I don't need the Pinhead from Seiries 2 anymore
I've added some pics that I took yesterday :)

Deoxyribonucleic
10-19-2003, 01:49 PM
WOW, excellent find 187!!

The likeness in the face is amazing...it's seriously almost lifelike!

Can't wait to find this guy myself!

Beast
10-21-2003, 07:18 PM
Figures.com just posted images of the Series III Dr. Channard figure. As well as images of the Chatterer II figure boxed. The Chatterer II is planned to be the Hellraiser Fan Club figure. Looks sweet. Channard is ungodly amazing though. I'll post a few pictures, and then link to the amazing gallary. :eek: :D

http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=874&password=

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-22-2003, 12:10 AM
A bit more info about Channard from Action-Figure.com. He will be a boxed set, not a basic carded figure. This was to accomidate the tentacle. :)

NECA: 2004 Preview: Hellraiser - Dr Channard
Posted by adrian on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 02:02 AM GMT

We take a look at the first Hellraiser Deluxe figure due to be released by NECA in 2004, in the form of Dr Channard...

Dr Channard features 2 different heads & has more snakey hand attachments of doom than you see in the pics. He can be removed from his base to stand on his own.

His head will be ball jointed to aid in posing on the tentacle (i'm not sure if by that they meant the actual head or the top of the crown of the tentacle.) Part of the tentacle will be bendy but NECA is still working out the kinks on that...you don't want a floppy tentacle do ya?

He'll be released with the rest of hellraiser series 3 but will be a boxed set..standing a wopping 12" tall (estimatied.)
http://action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=9922&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
10-22-2003, 04:26 PM
Wow you aren't kidding JJB, Dr. Channard IS incredibly detailed and right on for likeness...droooooooooooool!

Thanks for posting the pics

Beast
10-29-2003, 06:08 PM
Figures.Com posted a bit more info about the good Doctor. Including the SRP, which isn't to bad for such a very nicely done figure. NECA's Hellraiser site also had a couple of updates. First the first pictures of their high end Lament Configeration Prop Replica. Looks really nice. The regular edition will be limited to 2,500 pieces. And there will be a special edition that comes with a display case and is signed, that's limited to 500 pieces. Looks really nice, but I think the one that came as the pack-in with the Series I figures is good enough for me. :)

NECA: The Doctor Is In and He Has Some Sites To Show You

First up, we have a new link to share with the rest of the world. If you go to www.garyjtunnicliffe.com you will get to see Gary J. Tunnicliffe's (Hellraiser SFX Wizard) official website, just recently launched! You can get tons of info on events and his future and past projects on there! Expect news on the next Hellraiser films to also be occasionally posted there.

Now for the moment you have all been waiting for: Doctor Channard. The most requested figure in the Hellraiser lineup since we launced the series has consistently been the big little Doctor. Not that we should really be aiming to please, since we are so evil and all, but based on the clamor of many a fan, this should really be putting a smile on peoples faces. Series 3 will feature Doctor Channard in a deluxe boxed set with oodles of accessories. Yes... OODLES. If you thought we couldn't top series 2, well you were just not giving us the amazing praise we so justly deserve.

Here are the first 2 shots of the great doctor! Say Aaaaaaaaaah!

Figures.Com: Toy Expo 2003 - NECA: Hellraiser

The Doctor is in!

NECA provides Hellraiser fans an amazing sneak peek at their upcoming third assortment of action figures in the form of Dr. Channard.

This Deluxe Set will feature the puzzle-intrigued Channard from 1988's "Hellbound: Hellraiser II" enjoying the pleasure and pain of Hell. Scheduled for release Spring 2004 with the yet-to-be-announced Hellraiser Series 3 assortment, the Deluxe Dr. Channard (SRP of $20-$25) will star:

*Alternate "in agony head" (pictured above) which, as seen in the movie, can be detached. His other head will be sans tentacle and closed mouth.

*Leviathan tentacle with ball jointed head attachment and bendy middle section.

*Plug-in palm "snakes" with multiple tools of torture.

*Leviathan Cube display base.

In other Hellraiser news, NECA revealed their upcoming Chatterer II Exclusive. NECA hopes to have these in hand to sell at the upcoming Chiller Theatre show they will be attending. We will keep you updated. Chatterer II will be offered in November to members of NECA's Hellraiser Collector's Club. This figure will be limited to around 3000 pieces and will retail for $15.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
11-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Well, for those following the line, Series II is out and about now. My family actually gifted me with an early Christmas gift of all six of them, so I figured I'd throw up a lil review of them for you guys. Just like Series I, look for these in the usual places. Spencer's, Suncoast, Media Play, etc. :)

Hellbound Pinhead - B
Unfortunatly I like the orginal Pinhead figure head better. Though the articulation and the paint detail on the upper body/arms is better. I just think Pinhead looks so much better with the calm head, then the evil teeth showing one. But the star form Lament Configeration gives it a better score. As well as the removable tools on the belt. Though I miss his third knife-like tool.

Butterball - A
Excellent figure. Captures the movie character almost perfectly. The belly could use a bit of paint wash, like the head and hands. Love the toolbelt and the removable tools. The interchangable heads are a great touch, though I prefer the one with glasses. Also I wish the bloody paint on the stomache slit and coming from the ears was a bit darker. The articulation is great though. Head, Ball-Jointed Arms, Elbow, Wrists.

Barbie - B
Nice detailing on the figure. Especially the various leather straps on his skirt that are actually attached, and not sculpted on. I was afraid they reused the Butterball bottom half from early pictures, but this is not the case. Only real complaint is the paintjob on his arm netting. But it's not terrible. Love the interchangable heads, but sticking with the closed mouth. The cocktail shaker is a nice touch also.

Angelique - A+
My favorite figure in Series II. A beautiful representation of the character from Hellraiser: Bloodlines. It's a shame that the headwires make her pretty much a statue, but knew that going in. Note that if the wires seem to be a lil loose, carefully pinch the wire where it comes through on the otherside of the armhole, and carefully pull it taunt. Love the detail on her head. The puzzle box is a nice addition, but she can't really hold it that well. So it's just in my spare peices box for now.

Surgeon - B-
I like the design of the costume, even if the front upper body is pretty much Pinhead with some minor changes. But after seeing the pictures for Hellraiser 7, its probably pretty much what he would have ended up looking like. I know that NECA pretty much made up his costume, since he's only a character shown from the neck up in Hellseeker. And they did an excellent job with the design. Love the iron pipe up his spine, and the real chain belt. Only complaint is that mine had a stuck right hand that broke off when I opened him. And he has a hard time standing up.

Skinless Julia - A
Wow, what more can be said about Julia. They did an amazing job of designing the figure. Both the fully nude undressed version, and even in the clothed/bandaged version. The only figure I will probably buy a second one, so that I can keep one clothed. Especially since I was afraid of ripping her bandage cowl when I was removing it. Love the human heart that comes with her. Awesome figure. But I think like the arms, the head should have been interchangable. To make dressing/undressing her easier.

Pillar of Souls - B
Awesome looking when finally fully put together. Though the pillar looses some points for being a pain in the tail to construct. I thankfully got one that wasn't too green, so it looks great behind the other first and second series figures. Now that we've had the Lament Configuration and the Pillar of Souls, it's going to be very hard for NECA to beat the coolness factor on the first two pack-ins. But to keep them on their toes, I dare them to.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
11-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Very cool JJB. I think I'll pass on getting the whole set this time around. I really just want the girls. I do want the new box. Is there a price for it w/ and w/o the dome and sig.

James Boba Fettfield
11-10-2003, 04:06 PM
So is Julia being displayed in her skinless glory in your collection? Or are you just changing her appearance every few minutes and recognizing how cool of a figure it is?

I'm not a big fan of Hellraiser, but that figure looks to be very unique.

Beast
11-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Turbie, from what I've seen, the standard version of the puzzle box has a SRP of $60.00. And the Limited Edition version has a SRP of $120.00. I know KillerToys(?) had them up for pre-order for $49.95 and $99.95. And they already sold out of the Limited Edition version. I'm just going to stick with my version from Series I. :)

As for Julia. Currently she's being displayed without her dress and bandages. While I like the dress and bandages, hiding all the gory details of Julia would be a sin worthy of hell. I do want to pick a second one up at a later date to keep clothed. I'm hoping they do skinless Frank in the future, and give him the victim's suit he stole. :)

Oh, small bit of news on the Hellraiser collector's club. Randy from NECA posted over on the 'Asylum' that they'll have the Chatterer II available for order on Wednesday through the fan club. By himself for those that have already joined the club. And along with the Exclusive T-Shirt and Membership, for those who arn't yet members. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
11-10-2003, 04:27 PM
Update - Doesn't look like it will be Wednesday after all. Looks like it's up for order now. Randy said that they should process and start shipping orders, by the 17th. :)

http://store.yahoo.com/neca1/exchiifiwand.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
11-10-2003, 06:43 PM
glad you rated Angelique as the best of the set, since she is the only one I want from this series :D
hope I'll find her next weekend on my next toyhunt...

Beast
11-10-2003, 06:50 PM
glad you rated Angelique as the best of the set, since she is the only one I want from this series :D
hope I'll find her next weekend on my next toyhunt...
You don't want Butterball? He's a very sweet figure. I just had to knock a couple points off for the lack of the paint wash on the belly. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

arctangent
11-13-2003, 11:18 AM
i just got kulia, butterball and pinhead 2 (not interested in any of the others) and they are really good. i would say, however that julia could perhap do with a little more articulation and perhaps a pose that makes it easier to stand her up without her wanting to fall over.

one word of warning with butterball, i pulled the protractors (there were two with mine, don't know if there are meant to be) out of his tool smock and promptly dropped them on the floor because they are small and fiddly. luckily i managed to find them both but they were very awkward to get back into the space they came out from.

Beast
11-13-2003, 11:37 AM
Hey, welcome to the forums arctangent. And to the small corner of the forums for us Hellraiser fans. The trick with Julia, is to move her leg position just a little bit. I agree, a less artistic pose would have made it easier for her to stand. But she looks damn good they way they did her. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

arctangent
11-14-2003, 05:59 AM
Hey, welcome to the forums arctangent. And to the small corner of the forums for us Hellraiser fans. The trick with Julia, is to move her leg position just a little bit. I agree, a less artistic pose would have made it easier for her to stand. But she looks damn good they way they did her. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

thank you for the welcome jar jar. it was only a minor complaint and in the end i resorted to a small piece of blu tac which did the trick but when i get home tonight i will have a go at moving her legs and getting her to balance.

and indeed she does look very good!

Beast
11-14-2003, 06:26 PM
Well, we now know for sure that the Female Cenobite will be in Series III. Pictures of her sculpt in progress, were sent out with the latest fan club mailer. So we have two confirmed figures for the basic Hellraiser Series III. Comedy/Tragety Twins Cenobite and the Female Cenobite. With Dr. Channard Cenobite coming as a Deluxe Boxed Figure. No clue if the Female Cenobite will be the Hellraiser I version, or the Hellraiser II version. I'm hoping HR1 myself, with the HR2 version being available next year through the Collector Club. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
11-14-2003, 06:32 PM
Looking at the pictures again, I believe it's clear that it's meant to be the HR1 version. Notice the temples arn't quite as sunken as they would be on the HR2 version. And the browline isn't as pronounced either. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

arctangent
11-17-2003, 07:33 AM
you are right jar jar, the female cenobite from hr1's face is more angular and less rounded that her hr2 counterpart. i can't wait for these to come out, although i am only collecting cenobites from the first two hellraiser films: partly for financial reasons and partly becuase i don't think any of the other films were very good but the female cenobite and dr channard will fit right in to my collection. hopefully they will make uncle frank at some point too.

2-1B
11-17-2003, 02:16 PM
I picked up Butterball this weekend and he's awesome ! ! ! :happy:

arctangent
11-18-2003, 08:12 AM
I picked up Butterball this weekend and he's awesome ! ! ! :happy:

he certainly is but as i said before be careful of the tinsy winsy little tools. can't make up my mind which head i prefer him with though.

Beast
01-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Could this be a hint at who is coming in Hellraiser Series III? NECA has info up about a very limited edition Chatterer III bust. As well as pictures. Go check it out. It's going to be limited to only 250 pieces though. And it makes me wonder if more busts will be on the way. Looks pretty sweet, but probably way to expensive for me. Hopefully this means a figure is on the way though.

Chatterer Gets Ahead of Himself and Is Busted!

We promised that we had some huge news coming down the pike, and trust me baby, it doesn't really get much bigger than this. What is 16 Inches tall, 19 Inches wide, and has a large fleshy colored head? If you answered "The Full Size Resin Chatterer III Bust", not only are you psychic, but you are also clean minded and correct!

Limited to only 250 Pieces, with a signed Certificate of Authenticity, the bust fills out a whopping 16" tall by 19" wide space that can only be filled by this terrifying beast. The Chatterer III Bust was Cast form an actual mask used to Re-Introduce the Character, Chatterer to the Hellraiser Mythos. The original Model was provided by Gary J. Tunnicliffe, Special FX and Makeup Designer for the Hellraiser Films.

The most hardcore of Hellraiser fans will not be able to do without this so make sure you get your orders once they become available to the Hellraiser Collector's Club, as there will be a limited amount on hand. The rest will be orderable through specialty stores.
http://www.hellraiserthemovie.com/indexb.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Toyfare awards Neca's Hellraiser Line Best Sculpting for 2003!!:

"They say the devil is in the details, and in this case they're absolutely right. NECA's Hellraiser line is so intricately sculpted -- from the stitches, folds and buckles of the costumes to the stitches, folds and buckles of the flesh (this is Hellraiser, after all) -- that you get squeamish just looking at them. Ever wonder what it would look like if someone pulled your lips apart, or drove nails into your head? Just look at these sculpts. They have such sights to show you..."
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-20-2004, 03:35 PM
The Chatterer III Bust is up for pre-orders now. Limited to 250 pieces.:

http://store.yahoo.com/neca1/liedlisichii.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
01-22-2004, 10:43 PM
In case any of you Hellraiser fans have missed it, Series 1 figures have been popping up again at Spencer Gifts and Electronics Boutique stores again - and at 50% off I might add! Same deal for series two.

Beast
01-22-2004, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the Heads Up, RooJay. Good deal for those folks who only picked up a couple of the figures originally to complete their sets. Series III info should be finalized very very soon. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-07-2004, 02:11 AM
Well, the line-up for Series III has been revealed. And they're going to be going a different way with the line-ups from now on it seems. Series III will be only 4 figures and the Deluxe Channard. Instead of 6. I wonder if this is due to wanting to stretch the line out some, and release more series per year. But here's the news and the pictures. :)

Hellraiser Series III

Anyway back to the NEWS. What you have been waiting for - information on Series III. First of all we have changed the format of 6 figures per Series to 4 figures per Series. There are a couple of reasons for this change. First it allows us to get Series III to you faster and our Bonus for collecting all 4 figures in Series III works better as "Collect All 4" rather than "Collect All 6." Series III should hit shelves in late May 2004.
That being said here is the lineup:

Hell on Earth Pinhead
Female Cenobite (based on the original Hellraiser)
Frank
Bloodline Twins
Dr. Channard Deluxe Boxed Set

Images of the clays in progress can be seen here

Final Painted Sculpts of Frank, Female, and the Bloodline Twins will be revealed next week at Toy Fair and on the Hellraiser website beginning on 2/12/04. Hell on Earth Pinhead is still in progress.

There are plans for a new Exclusive figure to be offered at the conventions and through the Collector's Club later this year. Details will follow.

So what is the "Collect all 4" incentive for Series III? We will let you speculate on that for a while but let's just say it is about twice the size of the enormous Pillar of Souls!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-11-2004, 01:18 PM
There's a random banner over at the official site. It shows the completed sculpts for the Twins, Female, and Frank. No sign of the new Pinhead yet. Hopefully he'll be revealed at Toy Fair. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-12-2004, 06:31 PM
The official site updated today, with pictures of Frank, Female, Twins, and another new one of Dr. Channard. No picture of Pinhead yet. Hopefully we'll see him at Toy Fair. I love how Frank comes with his stilleto and a rat. :)

Hellraiser Series 3!

Okay class, please take out your Hellraiser 101 text books and get ready for 3rd Period. However, before we get knee deep into our studies let's line up for some class photos.

Frank, please put the rat down. Frank, do I need to call your mother? Oh that's your lunch? Well I guess its ok then, even though we wanted these pictures to be classy. Anyhow, move along.

Now Ms. Cenobite, how did you ever get past the metal detectors with those wires on you?! You are lucky that we are sensitive to those with special needs at this school. Smile and say cheese! Ok, fine, don't smile. I guess we'll just give the cheese to the rat.

Oh, the Twins! You boys, er, boy, uhm... well you've gotten very big! I'm going to need to use my wide angle lens on you! At least ONE of you is smiling. Very nice, your family will love this picture of you.

Ok, next up is Pinhead. Pinhead? Oh, don't tell me he's cutting class today! I swear, he's such an intelligent young man, but he never uses his full potential in school.

Ok, well now for the Teacher's Assistant, Dr. Channard. You are oh so very close to adding to your medical doctorate with your PhD of Pain! I'm so proud to have you as a student!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
02-12-2004, 06:54 PM
I have to own that Frank. He had one hell of a coming about in Hellraiser. That scene always creeped me out when I was younger.

RooJay
02-13-2004, 11:11 PM
I must NOT own Frank. For some reason I would always be flipping through the channels late at night by myself, and would just happen to come upon that scene of him stepping out of the closet to filet that rat! Gave me savage frikkin' nightmares every time. :cry: I'm afraid having the figure standing on my shelf would have the same effect.
He creeps me out to no end. :eek:

arctangent
02-16-2004, 07:43 AM
another good job by neca - these look really good. can't wait for uncle frank and his lunch and the beautiful female cenobite. and dr channard looks stunning.

Beast
02-16-2004, 07:42 PM
Well, they announced what the incentive is to collect all 4 of Series III. Leviathen, Lord of the Labyrinth. In other words, the diamond at the heart of hell from Hellraiser II. They said that it will be twice the size of the Pillar of souls. :eek: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
03-01-2004, 06:03 PM
Anyone else here find the 18" Chatterer yet? I'm only collecting the 18"ers from this line, and had been waiting for this bad boy to show up.

Found him last night at Spencer gifts for $50 (for some reason I thought he was supposed to be cheaper trhat the exclusive Pinhead.....) I picked him up, and he's great. He's got motorized teeth chattering action (the thing is loud too!). They did a really nice job on his hooks too. The actualy come apart by the chain to make it easier to put in his hands. I'm happy with him :) .

Guess I was feelin saucy yesterday. I picked up this, the 18" Hellboy, and the two TF Alternators..... :dead: My wallet is crying now....

Beast
03-12-2004, 04:56 PM
The Pinhead in Series III has been revealed, to those folks who are members of the Collector's Club. It's Pinhead from the crucificton scene in Hellraiser III. Where he pulls pins out of his head, and puts them thru his hands in the church. And takes up a mock Jesus pose, and offer "I am the way." Looks sweeet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

arctangent
03-16-2004, 04:46 AM
aarrgh! i wasn't going to bother with anymore pinheads, have bought the two already released, but i really like the look of this one and i am going to have to get him too. damn.

Beast
03-31-2004, 01:42 PM
Neca updated today, and revealed the fully painted H3 Pinhead. And Leviathan: Lord of the Labyrinth. Looks pretty damn good. And Randy said that there's a chance that they may make Leviathan light up. If they can do it without raising the cost of the figures. :)

The Passion of The Pinhead

Where can one find the balance between pleasure and pain? The Lament Configuration? Guilty Pleasures? Sandra's Sexy Shack of Slaps? None can compare to the agony and the ecstasy of anticipation and suspense. Well today we will surely be giving you something to quench your desires, but at the same time just only enough to make you want even more!

Anyhow, the much anticipated 3rd Series of Hellraiser Figures is due later this Summer. In case you're head was stuck in the ground for the last 2 months, Series III will include the following characters: Hell on Earth Pinhead, Female Cenobite, Frank, Bloodline Twins, and the Deluxe Boxed Set Dr. Channard with Tentacle and Base.

As with our previous Hellraiser Series' there is a bonus incentive for collecting all 4 Blister Carded figures. In Series III each figure comes with a section of Leviathan. Collecting all 4 figures allows you to assemble your own 18" tall Leviathan. So collect them all and give your friends and neighbors a severe case of Leviathan envy!
http://www.hellraiserthemovie.com/indexa.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

arctangent
04-01-2004, 04:50 AM
these are all just too good. pinhead looks even better painted. i love the expression on his face. i just wish we didn't have to wait until the summer - i want them now :cry: ! its a torture worthy of the cenobites :eek: !

Beast
05-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Here's some updated news from the Hellrasier Collectors Club:

Greetings Club Members,
This month we launched a new feature at www.HellraiserTheMovie.com that spotlights a new Hellraiser Fan each month. Our first spotlight, Eric Fischer, has an amazing collection that includes actual screen worn costumes, makeup, and screen used props! Check it out now: http://www.hellraiserthemovie.com/fan1.html

Don't forget to send in your photos and bio information as detailed on the website to become our next spotlight!

As you all know, the Female Cenobite action figure will finally be seeing her way into our world in the Hellraiser Action Figures Series 3. With that in mind, she will be the last of the 4 original Cenobites from the first Hellraiser movie to be released. To commemorate this we will be making stickers, shirts, and posters with a new image that features all of the Original Cenobites.

Click this link:
http://www.hellraiserthemovie.com/mailer/newshirt.gif

And just between you and me, the next Exclusive Hellraiser Action Figure is going to be coming out this FALL, just in time for Halloween. Who will it be? Female II! Since a different actress played the Female Cenobite in Hellraiser II: Hellbound, the Female II will have a new likeness, paint job, and also a different wire pattern on her neck and face.

Some of you have also been wondering just how the Leviathan is going to work being split up among the action figures. For those of you who are sitting there scratching your heads, we have a diagram to show you that will clear everything up. These are the direct engineering images that were used in creation of the Leviathan pack-in. Don't forget that this bad boy is going to clock in at about 18 inches tall when assembled! The Leviathan will also include internal electronics that allow it to light up in 3 different spots!

Click this link to see a pic:
http://www.hellraiserthemovie.com/mailer/levdia9.html

Lastly, and finally not leastly (is that a word?) we have a sneak peek at the Dr. Channard Boxed Set packaging for you. He'll be coming in a large window box, and packed to the top of his tentacled head with accessories and weapons for his freakish fingers. With his addition to the lineup, Series Three is going to surely be an insane entry in the Hellraiser Action Figure line.

Click here to see a pic:
http://www.hellraiserthemovie.com/mailer/channardbox.gif
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
05-05-2004, 03:36 AM
I'm slobbering!

arctangent
05-05-2004, 11:00 AM
thanks for sharing deox. i am fairly peeved that because i am not buying all the figures i won't get to have my very own leviathan. in much the same way that i don't have a pillar of souls or lament configuration :cry: .

James Boba Fettfield
05-05-2004, 11:54 AM
I'm still excited about Uncle Frank.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-05-2004, 12:30 PM
I'm still excited about Uncle Frank.

same here!

I kinda hope they might make a julia figure and "Daddeeeee" too lol

Julia would come in her lovely 80's yellow silk shirt/black skirt get up but would have a hammer in her hand and blood all over her face and clothes.

Dadeeeee would come with a peeling face

but now that I really thought about it, I wouldn't by these two because they're not gross enough :silly:

I'm excited for the leviathan as I got the entire pillar of souls and let me tell you that thing is awesome. Arctangent, it might be worth it to get all of these series 3 (only 5 figures) because the leviathan has a light-up feature as well.

AWESOME!

Dr Zoltar
05-05-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm excited for the leviathan as I got the entire pillar of souls and let me tell you that thing is awesome.
I don't suppose I could talk you into posting a picture of the completed Pillar of Souls, could I? I never had the chance to see one put together.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-06-2004, 12:36 AM
I don't suppose I could talk you into posting a picture of the completed Pillar of Souls, could I? I never had the chance to see one put together.

Here ya go :)

Dr Zoltar
05-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Very spiffy! lol

arctangent
05-10-2004, 05:55 AM
I'm excited for the leviathan as I got the entire pillar of souls and let me tell you that thing is awesome. Arctangent, it might be worth it to get all of these series 3 (only 5 figures) because the leviathan has a light-up feature as well.

AWESOME!

its purely down to cost - so many figures, so little money. although i have ordered all of this series except for the twins, so i might have to push the boat out, sell the cat, remortgage the dog kennel and buy them. as you say, it is awesome :greedy: !

plasticfetish
07-24-2004, 05:17 AM
Saw something cool at Comic-con...

Deoxyribonucleic
07-25-2004, 12:49 AM
Awesome PF, thanks for those pics. Nice ones too! :)

arctangent
07-26-2004, 04:51 AM
yeah, thanks plastic fetish - nice photos. dr channard still looks amazing. i notice the sign next to them says july 2004 - well july is fast running out. i just wish they would release them because i am getting very impatient for these.

plasticfetish
07-26-2004, 05:02 AM
Yeah, the sign was almost the main reason why I took the photos. :) I asked them and they said they'd be out any time now. I also tried to get any kind of info on future HR waves, but they wouldn't/couldn't say.

On a side note, I asked about what other lines they might be looking to do --they said, for this next year the Rob Zombie stuff was a big deal, and that the horror stuff in general was something they were really into. So... we'll have to wait and see just what they cook up.

(The NECA guy was totally cool BTW.)

arctangent
07-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Yeah, the sign was almost the main reason why I took the photos. :) I asked them and they said they'd be out any time now. I also tried to get any kind of info on future HR waves, but they wouldn't/couldn't say.

i only really know the first two hellraiser films but there can't be that much left for them to do. there's kirsty and the derelict from the first film, tiffany from the second, perhaps human versions of dr. channard and captain elliot spencer but there might not be enough for them to make a decent fourth series.

Beast
11-06-2004, 03:22 AM
i only really know the first two hellraiser films but there can't be that much left for them to do. there's kirsty and the derelict from the first film, tiffany from the second, perhaps human versions of dr. channard and captain elliot spencer but there might not be enough for them to make a decent fourth series.
There's actually quite a few left that can be tapped. Not to mention the additional Pinheads that can be done, and the Cenobites for the other 2 movies which haven't been released yet. This is leaving out any of the 'Human' characters that could cause likeness issues. :)

The Engineer (Hellraiser)
The Box Guardian aka "Derelict" (Hellraiser)
The Box Guardian - Bone Dragon (Hellraiser)
Female Cenobite (Hellraiser II Version)
Camerahead Cenobite (Hellraiser III)
J.P. Munroe Cenobite (Hellraiser III)
Terri Cenobite (Hellraiser III)
Faceless Killer - "The Engineer" (Hellraiser V)
Bound Cenobite (Hellraiser VI)
Chatterer III (Hellraiser VI+)

Oh, and a small peek at what's on tap for Series IV. A sculpt of the Engineer from the first and second movie. Enjoy. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plasticfetish
11-07-2004, 01:59 AM
Oooh, very nice.

(That reminds me, I still need to go pick up that Frank figure at Suncoast.)

Beast
02-25-2005, 08:38 PM
Looks like Hellraiser is pretty nuch on hold for 2005. Due to Cult Classics and several other lines, it's on the back burner for now. Big plans are rumbling for 2006, including a line of Centobites from an upcoming Clive Barker novel. But there will be a few items this year. Including a Hellraiser Playset which includes the original 4 Cenobites. :)

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=155&show_article=227

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
02-25-2005, 08:43 PM
I do like the looks of that set. What a great and novel idea.

. . . and it comes with accessories like, "Bits of Frank's face" :D

That is a nice playset.

arctangent
03-03-2005, 08:09 AM
yes indeedy - how can you go wrong with the torture plank and bits of franks face?

come to daddy indeed :eek: !

can't wait to see some detailed photos.