PDA

View Full Version : How 2003 looks already by "Tycho's Formula"

Tycho
10-06-2002, 08:28 AM
First my formula is for the average of 35 figures we have gotten during non-movie years. If Hasbro in full-force now exceeds this - it's only better for us. But the formula* - filled in where we have some knowledge:

1. NEW cantina - Kitak Keed'Kak (2002 possibly?)
2. NEW cantina
3. NEW cantina
4. Jabba's Palace
5. Jabba's Palace
6. Astromech repaint
7. Astromech repaint
8. Episode One Jedi Master
* Yoda (padawan trainer)
9. Pamde (Droid Factory Escape)
10. Padme

We need more cantina aliens that have never been made before. The Arcona and the Gotal were poll leaders here at SSG. Where are they? I'm not sure Evazan and Wuher should count. I have them already. Woof was called "Klaatu" in the vintage Kenner collection. He needs to be on the list for Jabba's Palace no matter what, as he's a regular line figure before. I truly hope something big, like the Whipid J'Quille is in the works for Jabba's. Sgt. Doallyn (tank head) would also be cool for a smaller figure. For astromech repaints, the Star Tours R4-M9 doesn't really count, as it's 2002 and not a real droid anyway. R4-M9's colors are correct on the POTJ card. R5D4 might be worth counting, as it isn't R5D4 with 2 "eyes" when R5 from the sandcrawler has 3. I've heard rumors about Oppo Rancisis for the Jedi Council. This is E1. Rumors or confirmation of Coleman Trebdor haven't been validated to my knowledge yet anyway. With Shaak-Ti made, only Coleman is the new addition to E2's Council. Otherwise this category must also one day see Depa Billaba, Even Piel, Yaddle, and Yarael Poof see production. Yoda hardly counts. He's practically a main character, as well as the 4th version we've heard of for AOTC. Pamde has 5 remaining E1 outfits, and likely 13 or more from E2. Keep them coming!

----------------------------

11. Main character (selling pt) Obi-Wan (acklay battle)
12. Main character (selling pt) Mace Windu (arena confrontation)
13. Main character (selling pt) Anakin (Naboo wedding)
14. Main character (selling pt) R2-D2 (Droid factory)
15. Main character (selling pt) Darth Tyranus (Geonosis escape)
16. Main character (selling pt)
17. Main character (selling pt)
18. Main character (selling pt)
19. Main character (selling pt) Chewbacca (Hoth)
20. Main character (selling pt) Han Solo (Hoth)

Obi-Wan could really use some Jedi Council and Kamino sculpts. Mace isn't really necessary unless they do some kind of decent arena figure (no gimmicks, eyes open) or a re-make of his Jedi Council Figure (E1 sneak peak - best Mace to date). Anakin looks good. R2 could have been Jabba's Palace or Endor Exploded. The best resculpt is the lightsaber launcher. Jango Fett needs to be made totally out of armor (from his apartment). Han is great, but was Chewie really necessary? Luke from the end of ESB would be great - as would Leia. She was not offered in 2002 at all! A Luke Jedi is highest on everyone's list. I myself would like a good version. Luke and Leia from Endor with removeable helmets are easily offerable too. Lando was not offered in 2002. His smuggler figure from the end of ESB has still never been done! It's about time! A gold C-3PO with Jabba Slime and pop-out eye would be cool for another 3PO. Otherwise, no thanks. Vader does NOT need another figure this year!

----------------------------------------

21. army builder Tusken Raider camp ambush
22. army builder Rebel Fleet Trooper (new head)
23. army builder Imperial Officer (new head)
24. army builder
25. army builder

I'd love to see a generic Imperial Officer in the grey uniform, like Piett's, but not a character figure (like Veers or Jerjerrod - both of who I want, but made specifically as their characters).

The yellow Clone commander figures would be useful (different from the pilots)

A black Bespin Security Guard or Cloud Car pilot would do nicely here. - Both really, but one from Bespin per year would be fine.

Naboo Royal Guard needs to be re-released with a new head - either a white guy or a black guy. The guy they made is either Mexican or ethnically mixed (the latter most likely). He is also hard to find to army-build with.

A generic Kamino Cloner would be cool.

A new Hoth Rebel Soldier - like the accessory pack's style uniform - but with a new very generic head sculpt - would be totally cool.

26. secondary character Boba Fett (Jabbas Palace)
27. secondary character Lama Su
28. secondary character
29. Imp. Officer
30. Reb. Officer
31. Jedi Knight / Master Aayla Secura
** Bariss Offee
** Jedi Younglings 2 pack
32. Ewok
33. Separatist
34. Republic Senator
35. Podracer
36. Expanded Universe (Concept Stormtrooper Fans' Choice) (groan)
37. Expanded Universe
38. Expanded Universe
39. Trade Federation
40. background alien / droid (Jedi analysis droids)

Do we need another Boba Fett? Come on! Where's Poggle the Lesser and Bail Organa? Where's Cliegg, Owen, and Beru? Sio Bibble could even get a new figure, and they could make Queen Jamilla.

For an Imperial Officer, isn't it about time for Jerjerrod? This figure goes to a character, and either him or Veers are the best choices. Imperial Dignitary too, actually. If you'll allow him into this category. There needs to be 2 of these guys, each different.

For the Rebel Officer, I think Rekieen deserves justice after that Fans' Choice Poll! I also want Anitilles, Dadonna, and Madine. One per year is fine. Garven Dreis (Red Leader) is also a possibility.

My most-wanted Senator (besides Bail - a secondary character) is Yuarna (spelling) the Wookiee senator from Kashyyyk. It's about time we had a Wookiee besides a resculpt of Chewie!

Dud Bolt for Podracer! He's my favorite! (and Sebulba's bodyguard!)

If I could only have 3 EU figures this year? As long as they are going with Aayla Secura, Quinlan Vos and Villie would be perfect. People can just use Quinlan as another Jedi in the arena, and Villie could fill in for Cantina scenes and everywhere else you need a Devaronian mercenary. For the 3rd figure I'd want to see, (if I could choose) would be a Yuuzhan Vong warrior. See how it sells, Hasbro. With a Luke Jedi in the same year (to fight it), I think we could break the ground with the NJO finally and NOW!

The Trade Federation still needs Capt. Dauldry Dofine and controller Tey How. Episode 2 has new hats for Nute Gunray and Lott Dodd - so resculpt and re-issue! They'll be popular.

and that about wraps up what I think would be a great year. Now we'll wait and see what Hasbro decides to do.

*I've gone up to 40 figures, as I think there's demand. #36-40 are experimental categories with which we can rate the year. However, in POTJ - what many call the best non-movie year, there were 4 Expanded Universe figures (though none on any comics / books fans' most wanted list). Also, I separated the Separatists from the Trade Federation cronies - and added a background alien that doesn't fit into any of the standard categories.

thespar
10-06-2002, 10:32 PM
good formula there we will have to wait and see how well it will pan out.

How about for a possasble 2nd chacter Lobot.
Any chacter form the EU will be cool minus that stormtrooper. I have just one question where would a stormtrooper get a hold of a lightsaber still one from vaders trophy room. Then Vader finds kills him end of the piece of gabge Conpet fig.

evenflow
10-07-2002, 08:12 AM
NOt bad. I wish it were a real EU character comign out, and not the stupid concept trooper.

Tycho
10-07-2002, 10:24 AM
So to make it the best year possible, I want Hasbro to add to next year's list:

Arcona
Gotal
Klaatu
J'Quille
Green R2 Droid (Capt. Typho's / Wedge Antilles')
Oppo Rancisis
Padme Night Attack (nightgown)
Jango Fett (apartment, unarmed)
Luke Medical Robes
Leia Medical Robes
Lando Smuggler's Gear
Naboo Royal Guard (white guy)
Cloud Car Pilot (w. Cloud Car??)
Hoth Rebel Soldier (good version of the Access. Pack one)
Poggle the Lesser
Bail Organa
General Rekieen
Imperial Dignitary
Chief Chirpa
Wat Tambler
Dud Bolt
Quinlan Vos
Vilmah Grahrk
Nute Gunray - AOTC

This combined with what they've announced would make the perfect year! (plus more if they go over 40 which I'd bet they might!)

Rogue II
10-07-2002, 11:19 AM
What do you think of the chances for R1-G4 coming out to go with the Sandcrawler instead of the green R2?

Also, wasn't there a rumor of there being a new Snowtrooper or Rebel Hoth Soldier? Also, there is no Luke or Darth Vader on your list. Isn't there a possibility of there being a new ROTJ versions? They also need to cram a new Leia or an Old Ben Kenobi somewhere in the line-up.

I'd love for there to be a black Bespin Guard.

The Overlord Returns
10-07-2002, 01:09 PM
Man....why do you guys set yourself up for dissapointment like this?

Rogue II
10-07-2002, 01:17 PM
Hasbro tends to basically stick to a formula and Tycho's formula us fairly accurate.

Besides, its fun. They are only toys, nothing to get overly dissapointed over.

Tycho
10-17-2002, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II
What do you think of the chances for R1-G4 coming out to go with the Sandcrawler instead of the green R2?

Also, wasn't there a rumor of there being a new Snowtrooper or Rebel Hoth Soldier? Also, there is no Luke or Darth Vader on your list. Isn't there a possibility of there being a new ROTJ versions? They also need to cram a new Leia or an Old Ben Kenobi somewhere in the line-up.

I'd love for there to be a black Bespin Guard.

Well, the answer to the sandcrawler question has been rendered moot. I'm very happy with the Silver Death Star Droid being made. It takes one more off the vintage "Re-do's to still do" list that I desire as a collector. I'd love R1-G4, but most people will appreciate the chance to buy him separately - not only for the Sandcrawler, but for Watto's shop, too.

Snowtrooper rumors are abound. I could care less. I have 6 extra snowtroopers still carded that I'm saving for the dream chance to use them with a General Veers figure I really hope they'll make!

Darth Vader was not on my list because he's an important Episode 3 figure, so by 2 years after this list for 2003 sees fulfillment in any scope or amount, we'll be getting more Vaders than we'll know what to do with. I hope that they can take it easy with Vader. 2002 saw the Bespin Revelation figure. 2001 saw the Emperor's Wrath and Anniversary figure. 2000 saw the Dagobah Vader, 1999 saw the CommTech, and 1998 saw the Flashback and Removeable Helmet and I'm sure I skipped some. While I think a new, improved Removeable Helmet would be nice for many of you, and the blast-deflect scene one (when Han shoots at him) would be cool, I can wait for these. Vader has some possibilities left for him - we don't need to exploit them every year. The possibilities are getting limited until Episode 3 comes around. Finally, we now know that we are getting the Emperor's Wrath Vader re-issued in the Imperial 4-pack. So the point is moot, save for the fact that many of you are complaining it is not another army-builder or a less-scene-specific Vader, either option being more preferable in what most of you want to be an army-builder 4-pack.

I did put Luke in the Line-up: Medical Robes or New ROTJ. It seems ROTJ is now confirmed.

I also put Leia in my list: Medical Robes from the end of ESB, or Bespin Leia in all plastic and singularly carded. Even an Endor Leia with cloth poncho, gun-fitting holster, and removeable helmet, and carded, would be welcome. But I prefer the medical robes above all else, since it's never been done before.

Old Ben was just done in 2001 in the Anniversary Set, and in 2000 as he appeared on the Millennium Falcon during Luke's lightsaber training.

Obi-Wan's needed E2 versions (and the Arena javelin contest winner was not really one of them) would be much more welcome!

Now I'm going to revisit my list ...

Tycho
10-17-2002, 03:30 AM
My formula is for the average of 40 figures we have gotten during non-movie years. If Hasbro in full-force now exceeds this - it's only better for us. But the formula - filled in and up-to-date where we have some knowledge now:

1. NEW cantina - Kitak Keed'Kak (2002 possibly?)
2. NEW cantina
3. NEW cantina
4. Jabba's Palace
5. Jabba's Palace
6. Astromech repaint - R5-whatever...
7. Astromech repaint - R4-I9 (black R4)
8. Episode One Jedi Master (Oppo Rancisis)
* Yoda (padawan trainer)
9. Pamde (Droid Factory Escape)
10. Padme

----------------------------

11. Main character (selling pt) Obi-Wan (acklay battle)
12. Main character (selling pt) Mace Windu (arena confrontation)
13. Main character (selling pt) Anakin (Naboo wedding)
14. Main character (selling pt) R2-D2 (Droid factory)
15. Main character (selling pt) Darth Tyranus (Geonosis escape)
16. Main character (selling pt) Luke ROTJ (Jedi? Endor?)
17. Main character (selling pt) Vader Emperor's Wrath (re-release)
18. Main character (selling pt) Obi-Wan CS Rain Battle
19. Main character (selling pt) Chewbacca (Hoth)
20. Main character (selling pt) Han Solo (Hoth)
* Jango Fett CS Rain Battle (resculpt)

21. army builder Tusken Raider camp ambush
22. army builder Rebel Fleet Trooper (new head)
23. army builder Imperial Officer (new head)
24. army builder AT-ST Driver (new body, new head)
25. army builder Stormtrooper (sandtrooper body)

26. secondary character Boba Fett (Jabbas Palace)
27. secondary character Lama Su
28. secondary character
29. Imp. Officer
30. Reb. Officer
31. Jedi Knight / Master Aayla Secura
** Bariss Offee
** Jedi Younglings 2 pack
** Coleman Trebdor
32. Ewok
33. Separatist
34. Republic Senator
35. Podracer
36. Expanded Universe (Concept Stormtrooper Fans' Choice) (groan)
37. Expanded Universe
38. Expanded Universe
39. Trade Federation
40. background alien / droid (Jedi analysis droids)