PDA

View Full Version : Droids that still need to see light of day.

Turbowars
10-06-2002, 07:10 PM
Here's a list of the droids that I think Hasbro should take a shot at. Feel feel to add to it. [list=1] BG-J38, Jabba's hologames expert. Has the body of 8D8 and a insectlike head, maybe a Star Tours figure? CZ-3, A white protocal like droid, with sophisticated scrambling & encryption programming. I believe he was in ANH in the sandcrawler. LIN-V8K, black rounded mining droid fom ANH sandcrawler R1-G4, Huge rocket like droid from ANH sandcawler R2-Q2 another Star Destroyer astro droid, dome has thin black stripes R3-t6, Death Star astro droid, clear dome and a white & red body R4-E1, Bo-Shek's white and red Astro droid. R5-M2, orange white Astro R-3po,a Red/rusty protocol droid, a rebel alliance spi U-3po, a silverish protocol droid aboard tanitive IV. Wed 1016 or 15-1662, a standard treadwell droid/techie for starship maintenance droid[/list=1] These are the guys I would like to see. What do you think? I can post some photos, LMK

Battle Droid
10-06-2002, 07:14 PM
TPM/AOTC Pilot Battle Droid
AOTC Commander Battle Droid (in sand red finish)
TPM PK Droid 2 pack (with Battle Droid pieces)
AOTC Multi Arms Cook Droid
AOTC WA-7 Waitress Droid
AOTC RIC-920 (with rickshaw)
AOTC Count Dooku's FA-4 Pilot Droid

Sinister Lord
10-06-2002, 09:03 PM
Here's a few others...

- AV-6R7 (black Imperial droid, has a torso similar to EV-9D9)

- Jabba's old droid who's limbs are being pulled off in the torture chamber (looks simlar to 2-1B)

- R4-I9 (black Death Star astro-droid with pointed dome)

- Walking holoprojector from TPM (with Darth Sidious hologram)

- Salvage droid (from TPM deleted podrace scene)

Jargo
10-06-2002, 10:17 PM
CZ-3 is inside the sandcrawler and also walks through the scene where Luke sells his landspeeder to Wioslea

R3-T6 is aluminium silver and red with black markings on the clear dome. There is also another R3 droid aboard the first death star with a black body.

R4-I9 is french navy grey/blue not black. has light grey band at the base of his head and black markings.

Walking holoprojector is commonly known as a mechnochair

Salvage droid comes with Teemto Pagalies in the current saga assortments of basic figures

I would like to see some of the smaller utility droids like Watto's welding droid from TPM, the Mos Espa monowheel droid, podrace camera droid, white gonk droid from TPM, a re-issue of the Imperial patrol droid with a shoulder paldron variant of the POTJ sandtrooper.

Freedom
10-06-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Sinister Lord
- Salvage droid (from TPM deleted podrace scene)

Isn't that what comes with Teemto the pod racer?

jjreason
10-07-2002, 03:55 AM
Id be happy to see another "purchase of the droids" cinema scene - with droids this time, not some silly repainted 3PO.

R1G4, a good R5D4, and the black domed model all painted up and ready to go. Ive said it before and Im saying it now:

"Hasbro, get crackin'!"

Sinister Lord
10-07-2002, 08:22 AM
Sorry... didn't know about the salvage droid. Teemto has yet to show up in any stores where I live, so I haven't even seen it yet.

YodaBoba
10-07-2002, 02:00 PM
I like to see the droid that C-3PO run into on Bespin Cloud City. Where 3PO says, "Oh. Nice to see a familiar face." That droid would be nice

JangoFart
10-07-2002, 02:17 PM
Doesn't that Bespin protocol droid (E-3PO) look just like TC-14? Perhaps not as "chrome-y", though.

Cool droid, though. Who was that red 3PO unit in AOTC? I recall seeing pics of him on the SW page, but don't particularly remember him/her from the movie. Also, C-3PX, the assassin droid from one of the Gamer editions is nice.

I'd like to see a nice 3 to 5 pack of protocol droids. I'd rather new issues, myself. Would make a sweet Yavin scene.

Also, dig John Lovitz in his Hoth gear! :)

J

Turbowars
10-07-2002, 06:29 PM
That's just not right!!!!

Beast
10-07-2002, 08:33 PM
I could name between 30 to 40 droids that I would like to see get made. I just doubt that we would get all the ones that we would like to see from the movies. Plus E3 will likely add another 10.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
10-07-2002, 11:43 PM
"Look, Sir. Droids!"

How I long to be able to say this everytime I go looking for figures. Many of you have great ideas . . . Here's the one I now NEED for my forthcoming sandcrawler . . .

1) R5-D4 (star tours version isn't even the right one --- dang it!)
2) R1-G4
3) LIN-V8K (black mining droid.)
4) Wed Septoid droid (also at the jawa sale)
5) CZ-1 this awsome guy MUST be done!!!!
6) Strange "bubble droid". Low, green with what I assume is a glass bubble dome that lights up. Again, a jawa sale robot.)

runners up: Orange/Yellow R5 seen in Mos Eisley. Red Threepio.

JON9000
10-08-2002, 12:09 AM
What is the droid that goes across the floor in front of the Gonk Droid inside the sandcrawler? Looks like some sort of old school vacuum cleaner.

Jargo
10-08-2002, 09:30 AM
M-HYD sometimes caled the stove droid.

The droid Mark's talking about I've seen listed several different ways I use the moniker 2X-3KPR which i saw in the encyclopedia by Sansweet I think. whatever, his designation takes that form but is changed around wherever you look.

Darkross
10-08-2002, 11:41 AM
There's a droid from ESB in Echo Base...that looks like R5D4...except that it has a black dome with a white body. It strolls past Han Solo when he first gets off of his TaunTaun and walks upto the Falcon and yells to Chewie. I don't know the name of him...but it would be cool to have another Hoth droid.

Battle Droid
10-08-2002, 03:29 PM
What about those Gonk Droids at Echo Base that look like they're wearing hats?

mark2d2
10-08-2002, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the insight, Jargo. I've never seen any info in the little guy I was talking about. But he is definitely a must for my hopefully-soon-to-be-arriving sandcrawler. :)

Turbowars
10-08-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
What about those Gonk Droids at Echo Base that look like they're wearing hats? They are GNK Power Droids. Codes are EG-4 or EG-6. The things that look like hats are top mounted power sockets.

Battle Droid
10-09-2002, 04:58 AM
Cool, thanks turbowars. :)

Geonosian
10-09-2002, 05:26 AM
I say the more droids...the better! :)

Turbowars
10-09-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Geonosian
I say the more droids...the better! :) Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!

mark2d2
10-10-2002, 01:34 AM
Screw the droids! What we REALLY need is more tatooine Lukes!

bigbarada
10-10-2002, 01:27 PM
Here's what I would like to see:

Carded Red Battle Droid from AOTC, with POTJ Security Battle Droid articulation

Proper Droid Fighter from TPM, fully transformable (if Hasbro can make Transformers they can make a decent one of these). Should be a Deluxe figure like the Nexu

R5-D4 of course

Threepio -we haven't had an OT Threepio since 1998, so far the best one made has been the one included in the Purchase of the Droids Cinema Scene.

R1-G4 from ANH

White IG-88 packed with a new Ugnaught :)

AOTC Waitress Droid

AOTC Cook Droid from the Freighter

Spider Droid

Dwarf Spider Droid (he's coming up next year, right?)

Hailfire Droid (another one I think is on the rumored list)

Tank Droid from the Geonosis battle, hard to spot in the film but looks just like a giant wheel with treads on the side. It's picture is in the Visual Dictionary (and no it's not the Hailfire Droid:frus: )

Death Star Gimp
10-10-2002, 03:12 PM
I would pee my big pants if they made:

1. CZ-3 (would have to wear a nappy if they made this)
2. R2-X2
3. R2-Q2
4. R3-T6
5. R1-G4
6. R5-A2
7. R4-E1
8. R-3PO
9. U-3PO
10. C-3PO from the Massessi Temple Celebration, ya know, all shiny sparkly!!

Beast
10-10-2002, 03:21 PM
DSG, if you can find the TRU Exclusive C-3PO w/ Collector's Coin that came out a few years ago, he's perfect for your #10 choice. Nice and shiny, and was the first decent clean C-3PO w/ Silver Leg that has been made ever. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
10-10-2002, 03:24 PM
I would also pee Death Star Gimp's pants if those were made.

I believe the "White IG-88" is known as IG-72. But I've been wrong before. I customized one myself.

I'd like to add:
R5-D4
EG-6 Power Droid
and some of the other small droids rolling around the Sandcrawler and Lars Homestead.

I still think Hasbro should make some generic Rebel Pilots that come with astromech droids.

Death Star Gimp
10-10-2002, 03:44 PM
Cheers Jar Jar Binks.

I'm going to a toy fair in Chester on Saturday, so I'll add that to the list.

I'm also hoping to pick up Jango (pilot), Clonetrooper (pilot), Watto, Ephant Mon, Tusken Raider, the Cantina Sets and the Endor Rebel Soldier (no beard). I have it from a supplier who will be there that they will all be available, except for perhaps Ephant Mon - depends on of they arrive tomorrow.

If I find all of these then things are gonna get messy and pongy!

mental note: must wear rubber cruddies for Saturday.

JangoFart
10-10-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I would also pee Death Star Gimp's pants if those were made.

That was beautiful, man! :)

J

Battle Droid
10-10-2002, 07:47 PM
Tank Droid from the Geonosis battle, hard to spot in the film but looks just like a giant wheel with treads on the side.

Where's it at in the film? I thought it was taken out.

bigbarada
10-10-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid

Where's it at in the film? I thought it was taken out.

That's why it was so hard to spot, it probably never made it into the film.:) I was simply going by the pictures in the visual dictionary.:stupid:

Rogue II
10-10-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by JangoFart

That was beautiful, man! :)

J

Well, he did have a really good list.

Besides, I thought it was an offer.;)