PDA

View Full Version : New Ideas for Troop Builder Sets

jjreason
10-06-2002, 11:14 PM
Hi Hasbro. Im happy with my Stormtrooper troop builder set, so happy in fact Im planning on buying the Endor Rebel Soldier set, even though I have more Endor Rebel soldiers now than were ever in Return of the Jedi. Im hoping that you'll continue the trend with some other neat-o sets like this, but with a few subtle differences. Here are my ideas:

1) Ewok tribe builder set. 4 Ewoks with accessories, but here's the kicker....they can't all be the same! New sculpts, new accessories, new colors of fur. Unit shifter.

2) Rebel Technicians troop set. From the hangar in A New Hope, these trusty tan coloured jumpsuit wearing mechanics/technicians could come with tool kits. A perfect match for next years re-release of the Rebel Troop Transporter with driver (you are going to rerelease that aren't you? Please?).

3) Imperial Technicians set. Include 2 highly desirable scanning crew troopers, and a couple of other fellas in gray jumpers, and you've got a bona fide sales champ!

Come on, Hasbro! You can do it!
Thanks in advance *wink*

JJR

Jayspawn
10-07-2002, 12:32 AM
Those are great ideas, I'd like to see those. We need Rebel and Imperial Technicians.

Battle Droid
10-08-2002, 02:43 PM
Trade Federation Battle Droid Set.

1 Commander Battle Droid (resculpt)
1 Security Battle Droid (POTJ one)
1 Pilot Battle Droid (resculpt)
1 Infantry Battle Droid (resculpt)

Gungan Grand Army Set.

1 Gungan Scout (with farseein, and war horn)
1 Augie's Great Municipal Band Mem. (with horn, and drum)
1 Gungan Warrior (resculpt, with more articulation than the POTJ one)
1 Gungan Council Rep. (with Council Chair)

Trade Federation PK Droid Set.

With 4 PK Droids (with Battle Droid pieces)

All of the resculpts, and never before made figs, need to be released carded as well, and not be exclusive.

LTBasker
10-08-2002, 03:26 PM
Actually I think an Ewok set, since they're using already used molds from figures, would be better coming with 2 Teebo molds, and 2 Wicket molds, since that would give you a fair amount of each (there were more Wicket-like ones but this gives you the chance for a better mix) just painted differently than Wicket, Teebo and not Logray either since he was like Teebo. One should come with a bow, one with a spear, one with a rock-tipped club, and the other with an axe or a blaster.

Other figures that should come in the 4-packs:

Imperial Tech - POTJ Imperial Officer with painted grey uniform.
Clone Trooper - 3 Sneak Preview 1 Red
Gungan Warrior - POTJ Gungan
Battle Droids - Saga Sculpt but with stronger plastic
Rebel Pilots - Arvel, Wedge (from Rebel Pilots), Jorg Sacul (:D), Luke (POTJ)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-08-2002, 07:49 PM
Scouts, Snowtroopers, Rebel Troopers, too many to count need to be made!

Rogue II
10-08-2002, 09:32 PM
I agree...
Ewoks
Biker Scouts
Snowtroopers
Rebel Fleet troopers (especially if they do the rumored head variation)
Imperial Officers(same as above)
Captian Piett type Imperial officer
Naboo Security<--something for the prequal fans
Geonosian (sp?) <--same as above
Emperor's Royal Guard (for those purchasing the Imperial Shuttle)
Tusken Raiders (2 POTF2, 2 POTJ)
Jango Fett and Darth Maul (8 of each....just kidding)
Ugnaughts
Droid pack (TC-14, R2-B1, CTC R2-D2, and Red R2 from Queen's starship)
Jawas
Rebel Pilots

I'd like new figures also, like the Imperial and Rebel Techs, but since these army builder sets seem to be using existing figures, I stuck with what's already out there.

Also, there already has been a Wicket re-paint....the Complete Galaxy Ewok. No big deal, we need more.

DarthBrandon
10-08-2002, 09:43 PM
I like all the ideas so far, especially the Rebel Pilots, but for the Rebel Pilot set I would rather see some more generic ones other than another Wedge, Luke or Sacul. Just some regular Joe who appeared for two or three seconds and bit the dust, with different head sculpts for all of them. They should also include removable helmets and be made with bendable arms and knees. We also need to see a droid four pack as well, I know they are not army builders, but you can never have enough different droids. My idea for a droid pack would be simple, one R5D4, Imperial astromech droid similar to R4-M9, but in black CZ-3, and R4-P17 obi-wan's droid. If nobody likes that one, then maybe we could have some Imperial Droids (2) all in black and two in black and white. Maybe some generic Rebel Droids with different color schemes as well. I'm all for Imperial Officers, Ewoks, Battle Droids, Rebel Techs, and possibly some Clone Troopers in white and a set in different colors of course. Last but not least I would like to see an Imperial set that comes with a new Tie Pilot, Death Star Gunner, Imperial Technician and either an Imperial Officer or new Death Star Trooper. All figures must come with bendable knees and arms and have removable helmets/hats or in the case of the DSG, shield raises up to reveal face. These would be really nice to see Hasbro, how about you get crack'n eh? :)

Rogue II
10-08-2002, 09:53 PM
You are right about the pilots. They could use the new Endor Rebel Trooper's head, Bespin Guard's head, and I'd like to see a black pilot(possibly Naboo security?) as well.

Here's another one, since may new collectors didn't have a shot at them:
Bounty Hunter pack (4-LOM, Zuckuss, Bossk, Dengar)
Sandtroopers (1 POTF2, 1 Cantina Diorama, 2 POTJ)
Death Star Pack (1 DS Gunner, 1 DS Pilot, 1 Imp Officer, 1 DS Trooper)

ashleybrown18
10-09-2002, 07:25 AM
but then people are not necessarily going to be happy with that either. Say you wanted to build an army of battle droids, you dont want as many pilots in the army as troops...do you?

Bobajames
10-12-2002, 12:05 PM
i can't believe that no one has said CLONETROOPERS!! i got the fan club troop builder sets and they are awesome. i wish they were a little more poseable, but other than that, they have a nice neutral pose and guns for all of them. I think they could do this with the clonetroopers too!

Rogue II
10-12-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker

Clone Trooper - 3 Sneak Preview 1 Red

It was mentioned.

I was watching ROTJ again today. I'd like to see Gammorean Guards, but include some of the other skiff guard's weapons instead of just the axe.

187-Maul
10-12-2002, 04:17 PM
the ones I'd buy would be:

Clonetroopers (2 sets actually): One with 4 whitepreview clones and 1 with 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue and 1 green (repaints of saga version)
Army Droids: 1 droideka (saga version), 1 SBD (deluxe version) and 2 BD (saga versions, 1 white and 1 red)
Sandtroopers: 4 POTJ

Bobajames
10-12-2002, 10:21 PM
oh whoops, i didn't see :) i really just want the white ones w/ neutral poses. they would be fun!