PDA

View Full Version : Bounty Hunters

Arrogant Arse
10-07-2002, 08:26 AM
Has anyone who has watched ESB ever cought the lines between Piett, and some Imperial Officer when the Bounty Hunters first arrive:

Piett: Bounty Hunters, We don't need their Scum

Officer: (Cheerily) Yes! Sir!

Bossk: Grrrrwl Hisss.

I always thought it funny that the officer cheerily responded to Piett's snide remark.

Anyway, another question. Is Piett offended that Vader doesn't trust the ability of his troops to find Han & Liea, or does he just not trust bounty hunters?

The Overlord Returns
10-07-2002, 10:30 AM
better yet, does he not realize his troops are all cloned from a bountyhunter?

Exhaust Port
10-07-2002, 12:40 PM
Good point TOR. :D

El Chuxter
10-07-2002, 02:01 PM
Interesting question. . . . I've never really thought about why Piett says that. I doubt he thinks Vader distrusts his troops, or at least his command of them. So I'd go with the general mistrust of bounty hunters.

I'll have to listen to the officer's tone next time; I've never caught that. :)

TOR, that depends on whether a Stormtrooper is a Clonetrooper, and (at least until Episode III), the jury's still out on that one. There is enough documentation from official sources that the Stormtroopers may be an enlisted (or inscripted) army that replaces the Clonetroopers for whatever reason (be it a lack of fresh Jango DNA after his death or the "clone madness" Timothy Zahn alludes to in his novels).

The Overlord Returns
10-07-2002, 02:03 PM
but haven't you noticed that st's all seem to have the same voice as well in the OT?

I think they may find a new host body to clone.....but they still seem to be clones. They're all the same height as well.

MikeAndTheBots
10-07-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
but haven't you noticed that st's all seem to have the same voice as well in the OT?

I think they may find a new host body to clone.....but they still seem to be clones. They're all the same height as well.

They're not all the same height, how do you think that one hits his head on the door :D
And they definately have different voices...

mini-rock
10-07-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots

They're not all the same height, how do you think that one hits his head on the door :D
And they definately have different voices...

Not only that, but there are some that are obviously heavier, and bulkier than others. Next time when any of you are watching ROTJ take a closer look at some of them as Vader & Palpatine are walking by. The Stormtroopers voices are similar, but not at all exactly the same.:)

RooJay
10-09-2002, 05:55 PM
Maybe Piett was just really uncomfortable having such dangerous folk around. My take on it was always that Piett was the kind of person who was easily intimidated, and the idea of having such dangerous, mercenary individuals not only on the bridge of his ship, but also relying on these guys to find their fugitives scared the crap out of him. It always sounded to me like that line of dialog was the result of nervous anxiety.

Rogue II
10-09-2002, 06:50 PM
I think Piett's line was just a cheesy way of 1) introducing the bounty hunters and 2) showing the Imperial's attitude towards bounty hunters.

We had a long discussion in another thread about Stormtroopers being clones. It is pretty certain that they are human enlistees. If you want, I can try to find the thread.

Jayspawn
10-10-2002, 10:47 AM
I don't think that Piette wants bounty hunter rif-raf on his ship.

LTBasker
10-10-2002, 10:55 AM
The Stormtrooper helmets have comm systems in their helmets that they speak through so everything they say comes out clear, but I think that's only for long-range communication of sorts and they leave it on just in case, which would make sense considering it didn't sound like Han's voice was masked and when he talked to the Officer he seemed to get suspicious, true he could've just been suspicious of them having a "new prisoner" that he wasn't notificed about, but it may have been another reason he wanted to check them and not just call in to whoever processes the prisoners.

And plus there was the thing with Luke's transmitter being "bad" which he had to knock on his helmet, so they could keep their comms on for stuff like that. (Who really wants to yell across a docking bay?)

On the bounty hunter issue, I think Piett was just easily intimidated by them and felt insecure about Vader getting extra assistance. Or maybe he even felt that Vader would kill him afterwards which is why he was going to Bounty Hunters for more help if he was doubtful of the person who would be taking the next command after Piett's death.

The officer that said "Yes, sir!" may have kept that tone so that any of the Hunters who may have been curious probably thought it was just an order that Piett gave or he was just excited like anyone would be that a superior also hated the Hunters as much as they did.

Or he had just gotten Vader's autograph.

Bobajames
10-10-2002, 10:55 PM
whenever Piett talked to that officer i always thought the officer responded in a way that seemed to say, "ya, ya i know, i'm busy, i have work to do! Go away." :) seriously, that's what he sounds like.

Pendo
10-11-2002, 10:19 AM
Mention this question to LucasFilm and you'll probably get the answer "All will be revealed in episode III". LucasFilm will then take the question to George who will then write in some stupid side tracked story in the middle of Ep3 about Piett and some Bounty Hunters :rolleyes:.

I think Piett just doesn't trust Bounty Hunters, like the Geonosians don't. (Does this mean Piett will be raised by Geonosians in Episode III:confused:???)

The "Yes, sir" is something I've always thought of as kinda cheesy, and just put it down to bad acting. I like LTBasker's "...may have kept that tone so that any of the Hunters who may have been curious probably thought it was just an order" theory :).

PENDO!

Bobajames
10-11-2002, 11:54 PM
oh, oh! remember the awful acting of ROTJ when they say they are in position and Piett says, "hold here," and the other guy says,"we're not going to attack" - i have no idea if that is a question, a statement to the other guy, or something said to Piett to confirm their plans. Good times, good times. i love the acting :)