PDA

View Full Version : T-16

fourtwo
10-07-2002, 01:59 PM
fbtb.net drops another gem for us.

"4477 T-16 Skyhopper 96pc $12.99
T-16 Skyhopper pilot minifig

Bet you didn't expect this one, did you? :) LEGO pulls another little seen craft from the films and makes it into a cool little set. For all of you jumping up and down now over the prospect of other EU sets being made I would tell you to calm down; this vehicle was actually used in the SE version of one of the original trilogy films, as well as being a toy for Luke in ANH. Look for this set to be a part of the January 2003 release as well."

T-16 at FBTB.net (http://www.fbtb.net/hereis2003/4477.jpg)

looks pretty sweet

Battle Droid
10-07-2002, 02:56 PM
Only thing I don't like about it is the cockpit is built open, there's no clear plastic by the looks of it.

LTBasker
10-07-2002, 03:44 PM
That's cause they would've had to create a specialty piece, and since it might just get used in that set, I don't think they'd want to make a piece like that for just one set.

I dunno, I think they could've done a little better on it. True it's a complex design for something like LEGOs, but still.

Jangu Fett
10-07-2002, 06:40 PM
Now, that's a unexpected release. Bet nobody thought the T-16 would be made? Never-the-less I'm really happy :happy: :happy: with Legos choice to releasing it. However, I'm with you guys. They could have done better with the cockpit. But, hey, after all the cool sets Lego has already released, I think that little oversight( for lack of a better term ) can be overlooked.

It also has me wondering whats next? Will it be a regularly seen ship? Or another well known, but rarely seen craft?

I can't wait to see what Lego is releasing for AOTC:happy: :confused: :happy: :confused:

Battle Droid
10-07-2002, 06:47 PM
Imperial Landing Craft?

Jangu Fett
10-07-2002, 06:52 PM
We can only hope. I'd love to see that made, but that would be a rather large ship, don't you think?

JediBoulton
10-09-2002, 08:09 AM
Honestly -- it looks like someone at LEGO was board on day and threw this CRAP together. I am not interested in this piece at all. LEGO has set a VERY HIGH EXPECTATION with the Star Destroyer piece and the Jabba sets -- then they through us THIS !! Come on, a little more planning and this could have been a real good piece!!

ACPin
10-09-2002, 08:30 AM
Lego could definitely have come up with a better vehicle than this. :mad:

I would only buy it if I can find some use for the parts or if it's on sale. :rolleyes: :D