PDA

View Full Version : Star Tour Figs for $5

Jedi Master Silas
10-07-2002, 06:35 PM
I just went to our local mall here and by chance went into the Disney store, here in WVa, they had several Rex figs for $5 a piece. The sales person said she had several other styles but had sold them. She said they a several returns from local customers who had ordered the figs via Disney's mailorder system. I had heard that Disney got stupid when it came to shipping some of the figs so several of the Rex figures were had bent cards but two looked great so I bought them! It may be worth your while to go check out your local Disney store for some half price ST figs :D

Well $5 is a stupendous price compared to Brian's Toys' $30 EACH!
Turbowars
10-07-2002, 09:02 PM
Brian is a punk! Also know as a SCALPER.

JangoFart
10-07-2002, 10:09 PM
Ya know, I'm kinda on the fence here.....

I think the prices on everything I've ever looked up on Brian's is down-right criminal and I would personally never buy anything from him/his business.

HOWEVER, it's kinda like waiving a steak in front of a dog's nose and telling him not to eat it; by buying from this guy, people are waiving the steak of high prices in front of his nose and we who don't buy from him are telling him not to eat it. As long as people are willing to get ripped by him, why should he not rip 'em? On the morality grounds, I'm 100% in favor of his pricing schemes changing. But, if it's keeping his lights on and paying his bills and employee's salaries, it's hard to condemn it too harshly.

My main condemnation will come from the fact that he'll never see a nickle which passed through my hands. But, I'm kinda inclined to say "If the idiots will LET YOU screw 'em, tear 'em up!"

J

Jedi Master Silas
10-07-2002, 11:13 PM
I hate Brians Toys.....I saw his stand at C2......he needs to be flogged with a wet wookie scalp.

Jango what movie was your sig from I cant remember??

JangoFart
10-07-2002, 11:17 PM
It's from "Better Off Dead". Great flick :)

Now I gotta change it :)

J

LTBasker
10-08-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Silas
I just went to our local mall here and by chance went into the Disney store, here in WVa, they had several Rex figs for $5 a piece.

That's awesome, the closest Mall has a Disney store in it (it's also right across the street from a Toys-R-Us and Target :D) so I hope mine gets the figures. I really want the figures but can hardly bear paying $10 for something like the ST R4-M9 which I could've made look like that for about a buck at Wal-Mart. Still though, since it'd be about $120 for 2 of each (one to open and keep carded) for the first two waves over the phone, that takes it down to a mere 60 for the 12, which is great, cause then I could get extras of some of'em for dioramas. :cool:

REAALLLLLLYYYY hope this is nationwide and not just a mistake on Disney's part or a store exclusive type of thing.

Turbowars
10-08-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by JangoFart
It's from "Better Off Dead". Great flick :)

Now I gotta change it :)

J That's one of those great "B" movies, Here's another line, "I want my 2 dollars"

Jayspawn
10-08-2002, 11:43 PM
It would be nice if Disney Stores carried the Star Tours figures. I think they would sell better taht way because more people would have access to them.

"We will see."

Jedi Master Silas
10-09-2002, 01:24 AM
LOL I forgot about that movie...but now all I can picture is that poor paper boy

Jedi Master Silas
10-16-2002, 06:45 PM
I found R3-D3 at my Disney store here in Wva. This time, unlike the Rex figs I found, the card is perfect. They also had a Rex with a dinged card. Last time I bought the 2 Rex figs they were $5 a piece....the R3 I just got didnt ring up and the manager came out and told the cashier to push a bunch of numbers and it came up as Disney damaged $2.95. SOOOOOOOOOOO it would pay off to go check out your local Disney store.

hurrikane
10-21-2002, 01:39 AM
My local disney and KB store closed down :( They ordered 12 cases of star wars episode II crap, and were actually handing them out at thier going out of buisness sale. I got Amidala :|

Darth Cruel
10-31-2002, 11:00 AM
As much as I dog on Frank-n-Scalpers here in Socal. I did get some of mine for ten dollars even. And considering tha tax I would have paid on top of the entry fee to D-land. It was worth it. I am told you can still easily find them there for 12.00 or under.