PDA

View Full Version : Future Cantina sets

JON9000
10-07-2002, 10:16 PM
I really like the idea of the pieces of the bar beeing include with these figures, reissues or not. I think in the future there should be more of these with other parts of the cnatina included- tables, wall, etc. there is more than enough aliens to make a whole cantina diorama eventually! Anyone think this is a good idea or at least doable?

mark2d2
10-07-2002, 10:35 PM
I'm with you, JON9000. In fact I started a thread a while back about this under the dear hasbro section. You should check it out.

The cantina is such a treasure trove of figure possibilities and including bits and piece of the bar seems like a win/win proposition to me.

Darth Detori
10-07-2002, 11:08 PM
I love the, BUT- why is there a picture of wuher in the back of one of them IF THEY'RE MAKING THE FIGURE OF HIM?!?

OC47150
10-08-2002, 04:15 PM
I think it would be cool if Hasbro made the alcove where Han and Chewie met with Ben and Luke. That would be a best seller!

Bib Forlobster
10-08-2002, 06:22 PM
I totally agree with the idea of building a full cantina piece by piece.

The Cantina and Jabba's Palace are probably two of the best scenes to set up a multitude of figure displays. I hope they give Jabba's Palace the same treatment as the Cantina eventually.

How long is this bar going to be if they don't start making the round pieces?

I was wondering the same thing about Wuher being in the background of his figure. Maybe he's a leftover clone from the Old Republic.

Turbowars
10-08-2002, 07:52 PM
Knowing Hasbro, they will scrap the next wave and we will never see a bar set again. Does Hasbro even have a plan?? I think Hasbro is run by the WM door greeters.

Rogue II
10-08-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
Knowing Hasbro, they will scrap the next wave and we will never see a bar set again. Does Hasbro even have a plan?? I think Hasbro is run by the WM door greeters.

No, no, no....at least Wal-mart door greeters try to make their customers happy.;) :D

JEDIpartner
10-09-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Darth Detori
I love them, BUT- why is there a picture of wuher in the back of one of them IF THEY'RE MAKING THE FIGURE OF HIM?!?

I don't know. I used to try to figure out such things but it really made my head hurt. It's best not to ask, but to just gladly receive!!! I never got a Wuher... so I hope these DO ship! Even if they are making that papier-mache bug KittyKatKlickety-Klack or whatever her name is! :rolleyes:

kdp100
10-09-2002, 04:04 PM
When the Wave2 photos first appeared on the net about a week ago, someone pointed out fairly quickly that they thought these new "carded" images were prototypes or official mock-ups.
Maybe that explains why the same backdrop is shown with all 3 of these figures.

mark2d2
10-10-2002, 12:49 AM
Yeah, they were definitely mock-ups. I keep hoping that maybe, just maybe we'll see a curved bar yet . . .

JEDIpartner
10-10-2002, 01:26 PM
I doubt we'll see a curved portion. The reason I say that is that the packaging won't accomodate it. I really don't see Hasblah putting that much effort in creating a new bubble for this set. Too bad... :(

Rogue II
10-10-2002, 01:46 PM
I really don't want to believe that, but you are probably right.

My wife told me that if Hasbro doesn't make them, I should make them myself. I don't know how I'm going to do it yet, but I was thining wood and a jigsaw.