PDA

View Full Version : Carrie Fisher, Ray Park, and other Star Wars guests invade Dallas!

JediCole
10-07-2002, 10:54 PM
Texas fans rejoice, especially if you are in the northern part of the state! This weekend (October 11-13) is the long anticipated Dallas ComiCon in Plano, Texas. And so far it appears that Carrie Fisher will be at the show Saturday and Sunday! And just added, Ray Park will be there ALL THREE DAYS! Also amoungst the guests, transplanted Texan Peter (Chewbacca) Mayhew, Amy (Alya Secura) Allen, and Rena (Taun We) Owen!

And that is just a few of the guests from movies, TV, and comics! See my post in the Conventions section or visit www.scifiexpo.com for more details!

mini-rock
10-08-2002, 01:50 AM
OHHHHHHHHHH! Amy Allen is going to be there? Darn!! I wish I had never left Texas. I hope whoever goes posts some pics. :)

Adam
10-11-2002, 01:45 AM
Because of your super cool avatar, I will try to take some pictures. Whether I go is still up in the air, so don't hold your breath.

Actually check that. I live like 5 mins away from Plano Centre.. theres no reason I shouldn't go.

mini-rock
10-11-2002, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Adam
Because of your super cool avatar, I will try to take some pictures. Whether I go is still up in the air, so don't hold your breath.

Actually check that. I live like 5 mins away from Plano Centre.. theres no reason I shouldn't go.

5 minutes? I used to live in Kingsville, and I wouldn't have hesitated to make the trip from way down there. :)

Adam
10-11-2002, 02:20 AM
Yeah, Parker is pretty near the centre.. and I am attending the community college across the street from the Plano Centre, so if I can get my tired self up for classes at 8 in the morning I should be able to make the con.

Adam
10-13-2002, 07:33 PM
Unfortunatly, both batteries for the digital camera were dead, so I couldn't take pictures today, like I'd planned. Sorry.

mini-rock
10-13-2002, 07:41 PM
That's cool. How was it? Who did you meet?:)

Adam
10-14-2002, 01:48 PM
I met Jedi Cole, again... and thats it! I didn't feel like paying 25 bucks to meet carrie fischer, or stand in that huge line. They had her behind this curtain, so you couldn't even see her unless you stood in line. Well actually I did catch a glimpse of the actress who played Aayla Secura though. That was kinda cool.

mini-rock
10-14-2002, 05:56 PM
If I had the chance to go Carrie, and Amy would be the only two I'd like to meet. If I happened to meet anyone else it would be a plus, but they are the most important IMO. Of course unless Natalie is at one too. :D