PDA

View Full Version : Destroyer Droid?

Battle Droid
10-08-2002, 03:49 PM
When is it suppose to be released? We haven't even seen carded pics yet.

Not that I'll be able to find it or anything.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-08-2002, 04:15 PM
I believe late October, but don't quote me.

Jargo
10-08-2002, 04:38 PM
Never mind the destroyer droid, where's the basic carded red battle droid? I got an army to build first and there's no army to be bought apart from the mace Windu pack in and I don't want droids that fall apart and I don't want a million mace Windu's to get the army nor do I want a milion C-3PO's or droids that are unposeable. The arena accessory set is an American exclusive so how do I build a basic droid army? Where is the red battle droid on a basic card? Where is the endor rebel soldier head variant?

Me want, me waaaant, me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant. Why no show Hasbro?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-08-2002, 05:52 PM
um, late october?

El Chuxter
10-08-2002, 06:05 PM
Jargo, I'd like to know that, too. Even in the US, the Geonosian accessory pack is the hardest of the four to come by, and it costs double what a plain red droid would run. I thought the red BD was supposed to hit a few months ago. :confused:

JEDIpartner
10-08-2002, 09:21 PM
I have a feeling you'll be seeing these in the bargain bin months down the line. I think the Droideka will be released with Ephant Mon. I have both of those in the "open" status section of my KEBco account. I'm going to guess that those will be out in early November... from the way things look.

My deluxe sets (Geonosian and Clone Troopers) should be shipping this week. I've gotten the most recent wave... so Ephant Mon and Droideka are the only remaining two that have yet to ship.

Jargo
10-09-2002, 02:48 PM
Ephant is out here in the UK JP. has been for about a week or so now. Hasbro UK direct have him on their site. He hit Europe about a week earlier than that. I have mine on order as we speak.

JEDIpartner
10-10-2002, 08:35 AM
Wow... we haven't gotten him here yet! What's up with that???

Prince Xizor
10-10-2002, 10:52 AM
I think we will get both Ephant Man, and the Destroyer Droid once TRU sends back all its pegwarmers to Hasbro and they getted ship all new toys. I will definitly be looking forward to that day.

JEDIpartner
10-10-2002, 11:13 AM
I would have to say that TRU, of ALL the US toy merchants, went WAY overboard on the ordering.

I'm just surprised that I haven't gotten any word from KEBco about these things being prepped for shipping. My deluxe wave appears to be ready to go. I got my recent waves (Padme, Watto, etc.) about two-and-a-half weeks ago.

bigbarada
10-10-2002, 12:14 PM
That's kind of odd that Europe got Ephant Mon before the US, even Brian's Toys (which usually gets stuff about a month in advance) is still only taking pre-orders for Ephant Mon.

Oh well, Europe has been screwed over for so long, I guess it is about time they get something before us.:)

Turbowars
10-11-2002, 06:26 PM
no it's not

Jargo
10-11-2002, 08:45 PM
oh yes it is... :p

Beast
10-11-2002, 09:15 PM
I gotta agree with Jargo. The UK, and most other countries as well get screwed on Star Wars stuff most of the time. The don't get easy access to the exclusives. Hell, right now their rare figure is Shaak Ti, somone that is pegwarming on US shelves. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
10-12-2002, 11:12 AM
always when you guys talk about europe, you talk about the UK
well, here in france (or the netherlands or germany to name a few) we are ALWAYS screwed over everything
my toysrus still only has the first 8 figs and they're all 10 euros (~10$) and the "new ones" including mace arena and jango arena are both 12 euros (~12$)

Lewis
10-13-2002, 05:27 AM
Well ive had my Ephant Mon for over a week herein the UK, I get my stuff from R2DToys and are really reliable and fast....the only figure i need now is this Destroyer Droid and i am complete(for now:p ) I love them all on display, I only buy one of each and dont open them as being 32 could get a bit embarrasing...Even got the Jorg Sacul,just a shame about the price 50...What else after the D-Droid is out this year? anyone know??:rolleyes:

Jargo
10-13-2002, 10:19 AM
lewis, check out the just found UK section, I posted the list of upcoming products with release dates that HasbroJedi. co.uk sent out in e-mail.

But there's the endor rebel head variant, The Star Tours third wave including R5-D4, Possibly the red battle droid arena battle variant if hasbro decide to release it. Looks like being a slow time until the new year though as hasbro get rid of the existing stock to the christmas present buying adults. TRU's are full of older stock mostly as they capitalise on the holiday season to shift massive backlogs of stock and get the products to the latecomers who've had to wait for xmas for their parents and grandparents to get round to spending their hard earned cash.

I don't know about anyone else but I welcome a breather to catch up and reflect on what a great year for product it's been so far. It's also a good time to hunt out any missing pieces from your collection. Seems hasbro have been holding onto their share of Shaak Ti for the UK until now and have a massive amount headed our way. She looks like being a major pegwarmer since so many of us UK collectors bought her elsewhere in our impatience. :)

Lewis
10-14-2002, 07:24 AM
Thankyou very much Emperor Jargo, I'm new to this forum stuff (as you might be able to tell with how many posts I've done!!) It's nice to have a reply like that!! :p