PDA

View Full Version : EP2 DVD Reviews

ConvergeDW
10-08-2002, 06:47 PM
The Digital Bits has just posted that they are puting up a review at 12:01am tonight. This is the first actual review that I have seen. The Guys that run the site are usually on point, so it will be interesting to see what they say.

Check it Out.
www.thedigitalbits.com

Battle Droid
10-08-2002, 06:53 PM
Cool, can't wait to read what they have to say about it.

Beast
10-08-2002, 11:33 PM
I was going to just repost, but it's three pages long and full of screenshots. Here you go, the very first site to get the DVD review up. Still waiting for Thedigitalbits.com and dvd.ign.com. :)

http://www.j.a.knott.btinternet.co.uk/swattackclones1.htm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
10-08-2002, 11:36 PM
Link doesn't work.

Beast
10-08-2002, 11:40 PM
Try again, it seems to have formatted it wrong when I first posted it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
10-08-2002, 11:42 PM
Cool now it does, thanks for the link Jar Jar. :)

Very COOL stuff! :eek:

Battle Droid
10-08-2002, 11:48 PM
2 Floating Analysis droids? I wonder how these will be as action figures, they'll have clear stands?

JesusFreak
10-08-2002, 11:51 PM
Those deleted scenes look great, thanks for the link!

Beast
10-09-2002, 02:12 AM
The review is up now,

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/revie...rsepisode2.html

Another good read. Dvd.ign.com's should be up soon also.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
10-09-2002, 02:28 AM
Bah, no pics!

Beast
10-09-2002, 03:01 AM
Man, the guy at The Digital Bits sure can't make up his mind, can he. :stupid: :p

Attack of the Clones is, without doubt, a better {film} than The Phantom Menace... but it still isn't a really great Star Wars film.

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones is a fun and enjoyable film, in my opinion the best Star Wars entry since Empire.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-09-2002, 05:12 AM
DVDFile.com's Review is up now also. Another good read, though he does badmouth the film some. Damn, these are making my mouth water for November 12th. :)

http://dvdfile.com/software/review/dvd-video_5/starwars_ep_ii.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JesusFreak
10-09-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Man, the guy at The Digital Bits sure can't make up his mind, can he. :stupid: :p

Attack of the Clones is, without doubt, a better {film} than The Phantom Menace... but it still isn't a really great Star Wars film.

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones is a fun and enjoyable film, in my opinion the best Star Wars entry since Empire.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Haha, that guy is funny, it's not a great Star Wars film but its the best since Empire? He could have at least said it wasn't a good movie but the best Star Wars film since Empire, at least that would have made sense :rolleyes:

I WANT MORE DELETED SCENES PICS!!! lol

OT: Hey JarJar, do you know of any Spider-Man dvd reviews?

Beast
10-09-2002, 02:22 PM
JF, the only Spider-Man DVD Review that I have seen was for the Region 4 one. I haven't seen anything for the Region 1 set as of yet. I'll keep my peepers peeled. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
10-09-2002, 02:31 PM
Blooper reel! Yeeeeessss! I'm happy that all the Easter eggs are accessed in just about the same way as they were on TPM.

Beast
10-09-2002, 02:39 PM
DVD.IGN.Com's review is up now. It's only a partial review though, they are going to highlight a new feature of the DVD every week. :rolleyes: Gotta love the smartarse captions for the screenshots though. Especially the one of Anakin and Padme meeting Owen and Beru. :)

"So I sent him to take some driods to have their memory erased and he just whined. Any idea where he gets that from?" :D

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/373/373810p1.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

ConvergeDW
10-09-2002, 03:20 PM
The DVD looks fantastic!! My TV isn't good enough to benefit from the video quality. I am kind of disapointed by the absence of some of the deleted scenes I was most looking forward to (extended Dooku Battle at the end, the Lost Twenty explanation). It seems they omitted the most most exciting of the deleted footage. Other then that though I am psyched. November is an expensive month, and the 12th is an expensive day.

Battle Droid
10-09-2002, 07:11 PM
Check out that shirtless Yoda, he's been working out. LOL

Do I see a shirtless Yoda action figure released in the future?

http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/ep2clones_30.jpg

Beast
10-09-2002, 08:07 PM
DVDReview's review of the Episode II DVD is up now also. Still waiting for HomeTheaterForum's which will be up Thursday. :)

http://www.dvdreview.com./fullreviews/star_wars__episode_ii__the_attack_of_the_clones.sh tml

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-09-2002, 08:39 PM
Speaking of reviews, I found a few pictures online from the deleted scenes. This one will make you just drool in anticipation for November 12th. :cool: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Exhaust Port
10-09-2002, 08:55 PM
These reviews only make the waiting harder! ARgh.....

JesusFreak
10-09-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Speaking of reviews, I found a few pictures online from the deleted scenes. This one will make you just drool in anticipation for November 12th. :cool: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

You said a few and you only posted one, post more!!! Preferably Padme scenes :sur: ;) :D

Beast
10-09-2002, 10:12 PM
Most of them are from the Deleted scenes that we have seen. But ask, and you shall recieve. :) Here's one from the dinner scene with Padme's family. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-09-2002, 10:15 PM
Here's a picture from the scene in Padme's bedroom where she shows Anakin 3-D pictures from her life. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-09-2002, 10:19 PM
Here's a nice picture from what I think is the interrigation scene. It could be from the Trial scene instead. Notice that we have seen a similar picture on StarWars.com months ago, because Jango's wearing his poncho. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JesusFreak
10-09-2002, 10:47 PM
Nice pics, I'm glad they're including the Naberrie family scene, I don't really see why that was cut in the first place

mini-rock
10-09-2002, 11:23 PM
OMG! Padme in that outfit! :D Could she be anymore hot?!

JesusFreak
10-09-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by mini-rock
OMG! Padme in that outfit! :D Could she be anymore hot?!

I think it's one of my least favorite of her outfits cause her hairs up and I don't like that, IMO Padmé looks the hottest at the beginning when Dormé dies. Her hair is perfect :D

mini-rock
10-09-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by JesusFreak

I think it's one of my least favorite of her outfits cause her hairs up and I don't like that, IMO Padmé looks the hottest at the beginning when Dormé dies. Her hair is perfect :D

Yeeeeeeeah, I guess your right. Although I was looking at skin & skipped the hair. I think I'd take exposed mid-section/bad hair day over no skin/good hair day.....anyday. :)

JesusFreak
10-10-2002, 12:02 AM
Haha, for me the compromise (sp?) would be Padmé's blue outfit on Tatooine, aww heck anything Natalie wears looks good ;D

mini-rock
10-10-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by JesusFreak
aww heck anything Natalie wears looks good ;D

Amen brother!:D

JesusFreak
10-10-2002, 12:27 PM
TF.N has put their second review up

Click Here (http://www.theforce.net/episode2/dvd/review02.shtml)

Beast
10-10-2002, 04:06 PM
Here's a couple more cool pictures from the deleted scenes. First up we have another picture of Obi-Wan and the Jedi Analysis Droids. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-10-2002, 04:09 PM
This next one is from the talk between Obi-wan and Mace as they walk to the landing platform where Obi's Jedi Starfighter is ready for departure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-10-2002, 04:11 PM
Here's a cool image from the deleted geonosian trial scene. The scene looks cool, but I hear that it's not all that great. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
10-10-2002, 04:11 PM
Where'd you get those pics Jar Jar?

I hope we get the Analysis room as a playset.

The scene looks cool, but I hear that it's not all that great.

Any new scenes with Poggle and Dooku in them have to be cool.

Beast
10-10-2002, 04:15 PM
This picture isn't from a deleted scene, but it's a nice still picture of Anakin slaughtering a Tusken right before the wipe to Yoda's Meditation Chambers. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-10-2002, 04:20 PM
They were attached to the E2 thread over at HTF.com. Oh, here's a couple more reviews for the E2 DVD that have turned up. :)

http://www.chud.com/chudvd/reviews/aotc.php3

http://www.zetaminor.com/dvd/dvdreviews/swattackclones1.htm

And here's where those screenshots originated. There are some really nice special features on the DVD going by these pictures. Gotta love Hayden and Ricky Boy getting cozy for a picture together. And Padme in her wedding gown from the "Beauty" documentary looks awesome. I'll post a few more of the intresting ones, because the page takes forever to load. :)

http://www.chud.com/chudvd/reviews/aotc_screenshots.php3

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-10-2002, 04:24 PM
Here's Hayden and Ricky Boy McCallum posing for a picture on the Wedding Scene Set. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-10-2002, 04:26 PM
Here's a really nice one of Padme in her wedding gown from the "Beauty" Documentary on Disc 2. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-10-2002, 04:29 PM
Here's a cool picture of some of the main Jedi charecters, taking a break and going for a walk in costume. Imagine passing that group of freaks on the street. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
10-10-2002, 04:30 PM
I love that Jedi Starfighter Hanger pic, I wonder whose green/blue starfighter that is?

Beast
10-10-2002, 04:32 PM
And here's a cool one of the crew of AOTC's gathered together on the Lars Homestead set for a crew picture. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-10-2002, 04:35 PM
The final one I'm going to post, atleast for now. Here's a picture of Lucas, Samuel L. Jackson, and the Yoda puppet stand-in. Kinda makes you wonder what they are looking at? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JesusFreak
10-10-2002, 04:53 PM
Great pics, I really really can't wait for this! I wonder why SLJ is holding his lightsaber in that last pic, it looks like they're on a model of a republic cruiser

HTF review should be up soon, and they always show a bunch of screenshots in their reviews :D

Beast
10-10-2002, 05:00 PM
Yep JF, that is the Republic Gunship set. SLJ probably has his lightsaber out because they were filming the scenes of him and Ki-Adi-Mundi deflecting the blaster fire. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
10-10-2002, 05:18 PM
I wanted more deleted scene pics! :eek:

Also I wouldn't mind knowing the length of each deleted scene.

Beast
10-10-2002, 05:22 PM
Battle Droid, according to the reviews the Deleted Scenes only run about 20 minutes total. 26 with the introductions. One of them is even under a minute in length. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-10-2002, 05:51 PM
HTF's review of the AOTC's DVD is finally up now as well. Another great review. I wish I had an early copy so that I could review it as well. :)

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100458

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
10-10-2002, 05:52 PM
I want the DVD NOW! :eek:

Battle Droid
10-10-2002, 06:00 PM
Is that background from a deleted scene? Looks to be the Arrival on Naboo.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/ronsreviews/clones26.jpg

Beast
10-10-2002, 06:05 PM
I don't know. It could be from the extended "Arrival on Naboo" scene. Or it could just be a specially designed menu for the web documentaries. Remeber on the E1 disc they put the menus on the Battle Droid racks from the MTT. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-10-2002, 06:17 PM
The review at HTF.com seems to answer the often asked question about the library scene where Jocasta Nu and Obi-Wan Kenobi discuss Count Dooku. It seems that the reason that the scene was cut, and not included on the DVD is because it's being saved for Episode III. :)

We also learn that the library scene was added as a prelude to the next film where we will learn more about the person who erased the archival tapes.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
10-10-2002, 06:23 PM
Is that scene in the AOTC novel?

Beast
10-10-2002, 06:28 PM
I believe so, but the novel is not canon. Remeber that the Return of the Jedi novel still makes mention of Owen Lars as Obi-Wan's brother. It also mentions Anakin's fall into Lava, which may or may not happen that way in E3. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JesusFreak
10-10-2002, 06:40 PM
Loved the HTF review, dang, every review I read makes me more excited!!!

mini-rock
10-10-2002, 08:46 PM
I have to agree, Ron's review was great as usual. Thanks for posting all those pics JJB. You are the man!:)

Jedi Clint
10-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Ok...I am a starting to get a bit anxious for the release of this movie on DVD. Those images sucked me into the hype. It's too bad you can't play the film with the deleted scenes added in. Perhaps a future re-release will offer such features.

Beast
10-10-2002, 11:33 PM
There is always the "Archival Editions" that will rework all the movies. Who knows what scenes Lucas will decide to add back into E2 when that comes about. Some of them don't appear to be full scenes though, so I can see how some could be included. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Clint
10-10-2002, 11:46 PM
My Stargate DVD has an option to watch the film with the deleted scene(s) incorporated into the film. I guess that is what I'm hoping for with the A.E.s. How likely do you think that will be JJB?

Beast
10-10-2002, 11:54 PM
Not to sure if that would work, depends on how much he plans to change of the films. To many changes would require way to much seemless branching, so they would have to put the versions on two seperate discs. Of course they are still years off, by the time the OT is out we may have Blue Ray DVD. That version of DVD can hold tons of stuff more then the current Red Ray Tech. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
10-11-2002, 12:57 AM
I believe a couple years ago Lucas had even mentioned waiting for DVD technology to advance. I do not remember where I read that at though. Whatever happens, I just hope we get the originals unaltered. Doubt it though.

I hope the droid control ship raid will be put into the AE. :)

Pendo
10-11-2002, 10:08 AM
"I'm out of it for a little while and everybody gets LOTS OF EPISODE II DVD REVIEWS!!!" :D:D:D:D:D

Not been online properly the past week so not had a chance to check out all these awsome reviews! I still haven't gone through them all, but my mouth is already watering with anticipation :). The DVD looks spectacular, I really cannot wait for this DVD!

I'm also happy with the mentioning of the Easter Eggs on the DigitalBits review :D.

Easter egg Instructions (red indicates to be confirmed)

Disc One

To access the Coruscant menu scheme, during the Attention warning screen, press "Audio".

To access the Kamino menu scheme, during the Attention warning screen, press "2".

To access the Geonosis menu scheme, during the Attention warning screen, press "10+", "2", "2".

To access the outtakes reel, go to the Options menu page and press "10+", "1" and wait for the pause as the player accepts the input. Then press "3" and wait for the pause. Finally, press "8".

Disc Two

To access images of flyers from the Star Wars Want-Ads college campaign, go to the Dex's Kitchen and Still Galleries menu page. Select the "To Dex's Kitchen" option. On the page with Dex, highlight "Main Menu" and select "Left" to highlight a small flyer on the wall of the kitchen behind Dex's head. Press "Enter".

Look also for additional CGI animation outtakes during the credits of the State of the Art: The Previsualization of Episode II documentary. You don't have to do anything to access them other than watch the documentary.

:D

PENDO!

Beast
10-11-2002, 10:10 AM
Another review to be added to the pile, this one from DVDangle.com. This is another good review. No pictures in this one, but the guy is an admitted fan of E1. :)

http://www.dvdangle.com/reviews/review.php?Id=2727

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
10-11-2002, 01:44 PM
hey all, r2 project has just posted their review... it's a glowing review! Every review I've mentioned has mentioned how great the picture is... I can't wait to see it :)

http://www.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?sectionId=4&articleId=4804

Darth Trymybestus
10-11-2002, 02:42 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the new footage of Jango fighting Obi Wan on the menu, has anyone seen it?! :)

Battle Droid
10-19-2002, 11:53 PM
In case you guys didn't know,

www.natalieportman.com has up a TON of Deleted Scene pics.

Pendo
10-20-2002, 06:38 AM
Thanx for the link Battle Droid! They look so cool! :D

PENDO!

mini-rock
10-21-2002, 03:01 AM
OMG!! Am I wrong when I say Natalie has the absolutely the best back period? :D