PDA

View Full Version : My Big Fat Greek Wedding

QLD
10-08-2002, 09:58 PM
Has anyone seen this movie yet?

I finally went to see it last night. My friend loved it, and I read many great reviews on it. I must say it was a very good film.

It was very funny, and the story was very good. I can't think of anything about it that I didn't like really.

I highly recommend it.

Anyone else?

Exhaust Port
10-08-2002, 10:09 PM
My girlfriend was trying to get me to go for quite a while and I caved after the 3 week. I must admit that I thought the movie was great. It was amazing how it paralleled our relationship, more specifically the differences between our 2 families.

I too have to recommend this movie.

You need some Windex on that?

QLD
10-09-2002, 12:37 AM
He's a vegetarian.....he doesn't eat meat......

Oh.....he doesn't eat meat?.........I'll make lamb....

Exhaust Port
10-09-2002, 09:44 AM
Great stuff! It seems that you and I are the only 2 that have seen this movie. Trust us people its good.

SithDroid
10-09-2002, 04:51 PM
I saw it about 3 weeks ago. I didn't really want to go see it, but my mother did so I took her to see it. I actually liked it. The story was very interesting and the characters were fantastic.

QLD
10-09-2002, 04:57 PM
I'm glad someone else has seen it too!

I agree with you Sithdroid. I encourage everyone to check it out.

Eternal Padawan
10-09-2002, 11:52 PM
Yeah. Saw this one on the flight back from Pheonix. I laughed once...when he's monkeying around outside the travel agency and runs into the old lady ( I like spontaneity in movies). Other than that, I was so bored with it, I took off my headphones and slept through the last half hour of it.

Shan't buy this one on DVD.

SithDroid
10-10-2002, 12:03 AM
EP, the ending was the best part of the movie. The beginning was a little dull and the pace was a little slow, but the pace and humor pick up near the end. I'd recommend watching the rest.

Eternal Padawan
10-10-2002, 12:18 AM
Sorry. If the "pace" is that dull and boring for 4/5ths of a film, I don't think the other 5th deserves my time. I'm guessing they resolve their differences and end up happily ever after?

Whoopee!

QLD
10-10-2002, 02:18 AM
I wasn't bored at all. I found the situations interesting, as well as the individual characters. I thought the dialog and pace was excellent. While it was a tad predictable, I can't think of the last movie I saw that wasn't. I will most likely be buying this one on DVD, hoping for some nifty extras or deleted scenes.