PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this two pack?

Darth Nihilus
10-09-2002, 03:44 AM
I'm sorry if this has been covered before but the search option was playing up and I couldn't find out for sure.

I was looking at the collector's database for some of the two packs that have been released, the reason being I found three different ones in a store today. One was the Yoda/Dooku pack and another was the Mace/Jango combo, both of which were named in the database. However the third pack wasn't named in the collection - HD Anakin and JSP Obi-Wan. I was wondering if this had been spotted in the US as well?

Turbowars
10-09-2002, 08:43 PM
No sign of them or have I ever heard of them. Was there any photos? If not Hasbro has not confirmed them yet

Sinister Lord
10-09-2002, 09:16 PM
I don't recall seeing those two together. There were different ones in the K-Mart two packs. I know that I was able to pick up Jango (Kamino escape) and Yoda packed together. And the other one I have is Obi-Wan (Coruscant chase) and Anakin (peasant disguise) packed together.

Darth Nihilus
10-10-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by turbowars
No sign of them or have I ever heard of them. Was there any photos? If not Hasbro has not confirmed them yet

These are actually on the shelves here in Australia. The Yoda/Dooku and Mace/Jango combos are pictured in the Collector's Database but the Anakin HD/Pilot Obi-Wan aren't, but are definitely on the shelf here. If I buy the pack soon I'll post some kind of pic.

JangoFart
10-10-2002, 08:59 AM
Those are the K-Mart 2-packs. I've seen them at the local K-Mart here.

J

bigbarada
10-10-2002, 01:01 PM
They seem to be almost randomly packed, I have seen HD Anakin, Red Clonetrooper, Yoda, Jango Kamino Escape, Dooku and a few others in just about any combination you can imagine.

Yoda/Clonetrooper
Clonetrooper/Anakin
Dooku/Jango
Yoda/Jango
Anakin/Yoda
Clonetrooper/Jango
Anakin/Dooku
Yoda/Dooku
etc......

Darth Nihilus
10-10-2002, 02:10 PM
The three I spotted seem deliberately packed, there's about two or three of each pairing that I named. I was particularly interested in the Obi/Anakin pack as I want doubles for those two. I hope others hit our shelves, I wouldn't mind some of the earlier figs I missed out on (thinking they would warm the shelves).

Sinister Lord
10-10-2002, 07:36 PM
I don't think the pairing is "random"... take note of the barcode that is actually inside the blister of each carded figure. There is no mistaking a double packed figure for one that is single carded. The barcode "inside" the individual blister says it all.

bigbarada
10-10-2002, 08:36 PM
I picked up the Yoda/Jango KE 2-pack today and the Jango has a new barcode sticker over the old one and a white sticker covering up Yoda's barcode. The stickers are inside the individual blisters though.

Lots of the sets seem to be gone, what I did find were:

Anakin OPD/Anakin HD
Anakin HD/Obi-Wan
Yoda/Jango KE
Anakin HD/Clonetrooper
Anakin OPD/Obi-Wan
Anakin HD/Jango KE
Obi-Wan/Jango KE

The double Anakin set was the most common, there were like six of them there.

Turbowars
10-11-2002, 07:34 PM
So these aren't really 2 packs, they are 2 SAGA figures in regular packaging, packed in a huge sealed blister/case. Would that be correct?

Jedi Drew
10-11-2002, 09:07 PM
You are correct Turbo....I've seen a TON of these not only at Super K but also at Sams Club. Rip off.....

bigbarada
10-12-2002, 12:02 AM
Yeah, they do suck unless you have had a hard time finding a carded Yoda like I have.:p

Darth Nihilus
10-12-2002, 12:39 PM
It's pretty good that most fo the figs aren't pegwarmers (with the exception of Mace/Jango).

Sinister Lord
10-13-2002, 10:00 AM
I don't consider these a "ripoff"... keep in mind the price is 10 bucks for two figures, which is the same as buying them at 5 bucks individually. Also, it should be noted that the altered barcodes inside the blister do distinguish these from the individually carded figures, so for those people who are into packaging variations this would certainly fall into that category.

I would only consider them a "ripoff" if they cost too much for what you were getting. They clearly don't... so they aren't a ripoff. It's not like the Cantina packs where you are only getting one figure for the price of two... now that's a ripoff!

Turbowars
10-13-2002, 10:12 AM
The Cantina sets arn't a ripoff. you get a barset and 3 glasses inplace of another figure. Oh heck I wish the set sold for less too:(

Sinister Lord
10-13-2002, 11:02 AM
But turbowars, that chunk of a bar section is almost pointless to anyone who bought the complete bar when it was released earlier. I could care less about a section of a bar... to me that is no more or less significant than the bulky accessory thing that comes with the $5 carded Yoda. That bar section is not worth an extra five bucks. The Cantina packs are clearly overpriced... and therefore I do consider them a ripoff. Not to mention the lack of weapons with the figures. Greedo without a blaster is just plain dumb.

Turbowars
10-13-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Sinister Lord
But turbowars, that chunk of a bar section is almost pointless to anyone who bought the complete bar when it was released earlier. I could care less about a section of a bar... to me that is no more or less significant than the bulky accessory thing that comes with the $5 carded Yoda. That bar section is not worth an extra five bucks. The Cantina packs are clearly overpriced... and therefore I do consider them a ripoff. Not to mention the lack of weapons with the figures. Greedo without a blaster is just plain dumb. The complete bar that you speak of is a crappy @ss worthless piece of S___! If hasbro doesn't make curved section then the new sets are crap also. Sure I would love the price to be cheaper, but Hasbro knows they will sell, heck they are exclusives and WM is gong to try to make as much as they can. As for the no blasters issue, we get 3 glasses! LOL. Hey, I don't think they should be 10 bucks either, so don't buy them, more for me. :crazed:

bigbarada
10-13-2002, 03:35 PM
The only way these 2-packs could possibly be a rip-off is if you just have to buy every single item that gets put on the shelf.

But I've always thought that completists were just :stupid: anyway.:p

Sinister Lord
10-13-2002, 07:56 PM
Hmmm... the pop-up Cantina is "crappy"??? That's news to me. I own it and it works just fine for displaying my figures. I think it looks great. And it has a complete bar, not just a few lame "sections". I got the entire bar and sandrooper for less than the cost of one of these figures with a bar section. All in all, I think the deal I got was far better than the Walmart packs. I think the Walmart packs are the absolute worst ripoff in the world, especially since most of the figures are just resculpts of previously released figures.

Turbowars
10-14-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Sinister Lord
Hmmm... the pop-up Cantina is "crappy"??? That's what I said. I have it to and it sucks big time.
I think the Walmart packs are the absolute worst ripoff in the world,
[color=green]I can think of of a few ripoffs, but this isn't that bad. How about the cost of the new FAO Shuttle. Now that's a ripoff.