PDA

View Full Version : so this is who stole the story boards?

derek
10-09-2002, 09:08 PM
Former LFL Employee Charged With Theft
Wed, Oct 09, 02 04:20:32 PM EDT

The Marin Independent Journal reports:
A former employee of Lucasfilm who has denied leaking a copy of "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" to an Internet reviewer has been charged with 13 felony counts in connection with the theft of an estimated $450,000 worth of materials related to the blockbuster film.
The theft of sound effects, storyboard images, the film score and hundreds of digital images and video files occurred between September 2000 and April 2002, when Shea O'Brien Foley was employed as a production assistant at the Lucas Valley filmmaking company.

Among the stolen items that were recovered, according to the affidavit:

* Nineteen CD-ROM discs containing the entire restricted library of sound effects created during the past 25 years for use in the "Star Wars" films, with an estimated "collectible value" of $95,000.

* More than 2,000 high-quality digital images from "Episode II," valued at $125,000.

* Hundreds of video files of "Episode II," from concept shots to final clips, valued at $100,000.

* About 113 storyboard images - or sketches outlining scenes from the film - with handwritten notes by Lucas, valued at more than $100,000

from www.theforce.net

Beast
10-09-2002, 09:21 PM
Damn! I'm amazed that she got away with so much before the finally caught her. She's really going to get some huge fines and or jail time out of this. I think their estimates on the values are a bit low though, consider how rabid Star Wars fandom is. :greedy:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
10-10-2002, 12:12 AM
GEEZ! How stupid! I'd like to be the reporter asking her if she thought it was worth it. :p:p

chewie
10-11-2002, 12:44 AM
If they were any other movie's material taken, I'd imagine she'd just get misdemeanor counts. I mean who would pay those overly inflated prices other than rabid SW collectors? :)

mini-rock
10-11-2002, 02:09 AM
Considering one of the items that was stolen has 25 years worth of work on it, just imagine all the hours put into getting all those sound effects and having to pay someone to do that. IMO those prices seem a little low.

Pendo
10-11-2002, 11:11 AM
Maybe she's one of TheForce.Net's main Spy Reporters. Maybe there won't be as many Episode III Spoilers this time round :D. Makes things easier for me...:)

PENDO!