PDA

View Full Version : Lego Club Members Get First Crack at new SW set

JediTricks
10-28-2001, 10:31 PM
Wow, this is pretty cool. Lego fan club members are getting the first chance to own both upcoming ROTJ mini-scenes together for $13.98 (plus $2.50 shipping). The 2 sets are:

- Final Duel - 29 pieces, Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader minifigs, MSRP $6.99

- Final Duel II - 23 pieces, Luke Skywalker, Imperial Officer and Stormtrooper minifigs, MSRP $6.99

I'm glad I sent in one of those little cards that comes with nearly *every Lego set ever* for my free Lego fan club membership, I'm definitely getting this 2pack and the Ogel sub from the "Alpha Team" line!

Here's the SSG news article about this:
http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=16&show_article=159

LTBasker
10-29-2001, 02:56 AM
Ogel sub? That a new Alpha Team set?

sith_killer_99
10-29-2001, 06:48 AM
Yeah, these look like pretty cool sets. Although, I do wish they would put out a few sets with Army Builders.

Maybe some more 3 pks. like the battle droid set, only with Stormtroopers, TIE Pilots, and an Emperor's guard set.

Set #1
Stormtrooper (X3)

Set #2
Emperor's Royal Guard (X2) Emperor (X1)

Set #3
Snow Trooper (X1) Sandtrooper (X1) TIE Pilot (X1)

Set #4
B-Wing Pilot (X1) A-Wing Pilot (X1) X-Wing Pilot (X1)

Set #5
Rebel Fleet Trooper (X1) Hoth Rebel Soldier (X1) Endor Rebel Soldier (X1)

OK that may be asking for a bit much, but I can dream!:)

JediTricks
10-29-2001, 11:17 AM
Yeah, figure multipacks like the old days would be so much better than this, but I have a feeling that the multiple versions of Final Duel 2 I buy will net me a TON of Luke Jedi figures on the loose (since I'll absorb those Stormtroopers and officers into my regular sets, muwha ha ha!!! ;)). At $6.99, that's 2 figures, a plate, some railings, and a technic-jr archway that'll get put to good use... and a Luke Jedi; I consider this set a $7 figure 2pack. :D

Basker, Ogel ("Lego" spelled backwards) is the bad guy from the "Alpha Team" Lego line. His sub looks great, looks like it has a new cockpit which is similar to Jack Stone's larger cockpit (but not the same), my favorite Bionicle accessories (the black claw, x2 no less), and a new style of arm! Plus, it looks really neat, so I'm getting one as soon as Shop-at-Home gets them into their computers (neither the new SW set nor the Sub are there yet as of this typing).

LTBasker
10-29-2001, 04:27 PM
I know who Ogel is and what it was spelled backwards, thanks, but I was just wondering if the Alpha Team was coming out with new sets or something because that line kicks. :)

JediTricks
10-30-2001, 01:51 AM
Ah, ok, wasn't sure. This is a SW-themed site, after all.

Anyway, Alpha Team for 2002 will be all underwater-based sets, Ogel's underwater lab thing looks freakin' awesome, in fact, every set in this wave looks freakin' awesome. It's called "Alpha Team - Mission: Deep Sea" and there are tons of subs. The only thing that bothers me is that the cockpits are NOT sealed, they're open-sided cockpits like the ones from the Mars sets, but some creative building SHOULD be able to overcome this.