PDA

View Full Version : Yippie-Kay-Ya!!!

Pendo
10-11-2002, 12:15 PM
Yippie-Kay-Ya, Die Hard 4 is on the way :D!!!!!

Check this (http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/archive/fullnews.cgi?newsid1034340366,43577,) out ;)

Your thoughts?

PENDO!

Beast
10-11-2002, 12:34 PM
I think Mr. Rogers said it best.

"Can you say "milking the franchise". I knew ya could." :rolleyes: :p

Why the hell do they want to do another damn Die Hard movie. The three we have are fine. Just let the damn series die. The third one was a stretch, since it wasn't even a Die Hard film at the start. Let's see, we've had Die Hard in an office building, in an airport, and in New York. What's next, Die Hard in a retirement community. :stupid: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
10-11-2002, 12:56 PM
Die Hard 4: Die Hard in Space.

JediTricks
10-11-2002, 04:46 PM
You know, part 3 was pretty bad IMO so I can't imagine why they need to do a part 4 after all this time... quick, am I talking about Die Hard or Lethal Weapon? :D This is bad-idea city, more sequelitis to a franchise that was already fatally-wounded by the last sequel.

mini-rock
10-11-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Die Hard 4: Die Hard in Space.

They already did that. It was called ARMEGGEDON .:D

JediTricks
10-12-2002, 04:53 AM
Hmm, let's think of more ideas:

Die Hard 4: Shop Harder (Die Hard in a mall)
Die Hard 4: Die with the Fishes (Die Hard in a submarine)
Die Hard 4: Die Smaller (Die Hard meets Innerspace inside Hans Gruber's 2nd brother's body)
Die Hard 4: Die Slowly (Die Hard in Kansas)
Die Hard 4: Die Quietly (Die Hard in the public library)
Die Hard 4: Mourir Dur Quatre (Die Hard in Quebec)

2-1B
10-12-2002, 12:53 PM
Isn't this actually the 5th film in the franchise ? :confused:

I thought Steven Segal made a movie called Die Hard: Under Siege . . . at least that's what I thought . . . :D

Pendo
10-12-2002, 01:31 PM
I take it that I am the only person who is actually looking forward to this movie :rolleyes:! I liked the other three :).

PENDO!

mini-rock
10-12-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
I take it that I am the only person who is actually looking forward to this moviePENDO!

"No, there is another.":D

I liked the other ones also, but I didn't like what they did to the Mclane character in 3 though. It did have Sam Jackson in it which is always a plus. Bruce Willis is one of my top 5 favorite actors, and I'll watch anything he puts out.:)

Bobajames
10-12-2002, 01:53 PM
i Like em! i also think it is funny that in almost every movie from Bruce Willis, he always has a grease stain down one side of his head, blood on the other, and he is somehow is wearing blue jeans and a white tanktop (that is dirty) Bruce Willis is one bad mammajamma! :)

mini-rock
10-12-2002, 02:06 PM
True, true. As much as I'm sure I'd like another DH movie, they should also make another Fifth Element. I've probably seen that 100 times.

Eternal Padawan
10-12-2002, 02:15 PM
The only thing I didn't like about the third one was the tenuous connection between Jeremy Irons and Rickman's character from the first one. CONTRIVED. Other than that, it was a great film. I really liked the interplay between Jackson and Willis.

I'll check out a new one when and if they get around to making it. It's been "in development" for close to a decade. Remember at one point McClane and some cop buddies were going to get trapped in the jungle without any weapons fighting guerrillas? i'm glad that one got shot down...

Prince Xizor
10-14-2002, 10:03 PM
I loved the Third one and the First one. The Second one was absolute crap. But, I can't wait for another one. They should have Jackson come back for it, but I doubt he will considering what his fat paycheck would be these days.

SithDroid
10-16-2002, 12:48 AM
I'm glad that they are considering making another DIe Hard movie. I liked all of the previous ones. In the extras section on the Die Hard with a Vengeance DVD Samuel L. Jackson talks about how when they were filming everyone would scream Bruce's name and nobody knew who he was and that he was trying to get advice from Bruce on how to handle fame. I fin dit kind of funny to look at that now seeing how huge a star Jackson has become.

Jayspawn
10-16-2002, 01:10 PM
Hey I liked Armageddon! I don't know why they would want to make another one. Maybe Bruce is getting restless and needs to make an action movie (while he can).

mini-rock
10-16-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Hey I liked Armageddon! I don't know why they would want to make another one. Maybe Bruce is getting restless and needs to make an action movie (while he can).

Well from what I understand, the only reason for DH4 being made is because the current film Willis is working on wants to use a title name for the movie, but there is already a movie with the same name, and Fox owns it. So, Fox basically said yeah, you can use it if Willis makes us another DH movie. Kind of a crappy way to go about it, but still wouldn't mind another.

BTW, I liked Armaggedon too.:D

Pendo
10-16-2002, 01:45 PM
What's the film's title?

PENDO!

Rogue II
10-16-2002, 02:00 PM
Die Hard 1 was in Chicago, right? DH2 was at the Washington Airport. DH3 was in NYC? So will #4 be in LA, Miami, or San Francisco?I didn't really like the Die Hard series. I saw the first 2 and skipped the 3rd. Armageddon was terrible. I like Bruce Willis in his other films.
Was it Die Hard 2 Bruce ejected from the helicoptor?:rolleyes:
They should have made a Hudson Hawk sequal instead.:D

Die Hard 4: Between a Rock and Die Hard Place (filmed on Alcatraz)

Die Hard 4: Die Hard Land (Location: Disneyland) Shooting up Magic Mountain

Die Hard 4: Die Hard-a-saurus (Jurassic Park Crossover)

Die Hard 4: Shoot-out at the OK Coral (Tombstone, AZ) - Bruce, Doc Holliday, and Wyatt Earp battle it out against a gang of cowboys

Die Hard 4: Die Hard Under the Stadium (Meadowlands, NJ) - Bruce goes against the Teamster's Union

Die Hard 4: Remember Die Hard? Bruce vs. the Mexican Army in at the Alamo

Die Hard 4: Die Hard With a Twist (Filmed in Oklahoma during tornado season)

mini-rock
10-16-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
What's the film's title?

PENDO!

"Man of War" is the title that Fox owns.:)

SithDroid
10-16-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Die Hard 1 was in Chicago, right?

No, the first Die Hard took place in LA.

JediTricks
10-16-2002, 07:08 PM
Part of what I didn't like about Die Hard 3 was that it felt nothing like the previous 2 films which had John McClane was doing it to save lives but mostly to save his loved ones. DH3 was just a Lethal Weapon clone (according to IMDB, the script wasn't even a Die Hard film originally, it was "Simon Says" and was being considered for Lethal Weapon 4) - so if DH4 is more of that, I say "nay".

Beast
10-16-2002, 07:14 PM
That's correct about the script originally not being a Die Hard film, JediTricks. They discuss it on the Die Hard III Special Edition that was released on DVD last year. It definatly doesn't work, and feels nothing like the other two films. Let the franchise die, please. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

wedgeA
10-16-2002, 10:14 PM
I'd only consider watching this movie if McTiernan returns to direct.
As for DH3, I thought it was better than DH2, but the ending was a letdown, way too quick. I think that the film should try going into a new direction, which is why I liked DH3. I mean, how many times can McClaine be "lucky" enough to be a situation to rescue hostages?

Pendo
12-31-2002, 10:40 AM
The title of Die Hard 4 will me...

(this really cracks me up)

Die Hardest :p

What a shi**y title :(

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/archive/fullnews.cgi?newsid1041344204,27358,

PENDO!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-31-2002, 11:39 AM
Eh, then again, "Attack of the Clones" isn't exactly oscar worthy, but it's not the title, it's the film. (I liked AOTC for the record too)

I'll be lookin' forward to this film if it's done right. I liked Die Hard 1-3 and watch them every so often. I thought three was actually really good, alot more fast paced and crazy compared to at least 2.

I also see they found a new Dumbledore! I'm going to have to read that site more often! :D

mini-rock
12-31-2002, 01:22 PM
"He's tired of running with guns and yelling"

That's good and all, but he hasn't done an action pic in how long? IMO Bruce is an awesome action star and wish he'd do more.:)

JediTricks
01-03-2003, 05:48 AM
Shoulda been "Die Hard 4: DIE ALREADY!!!" ;)

Seriously though, "Die Hardest" sounds like a bad parody on the Ben Stiller show.

James Boba Fettfield
01-21-2003, 09:12 PM
I was watching Entertainment Tonight about two hours ago, and they mentioned Britney Spears was supposedly going to play Bruce's daughter in the movie and the movie would be about Willis trying to save his daughter. Just hearing that made me do the happy happy, joy joy dance.

mini-rock
01-21-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
Just hearing that made me do the happy happy, joy joy dance.
After reading that last line I thought of the guy in the Joe Boxer commercial dancing around. lol:D

DH4 is not a movie I have to see, but I'm sure it'll make a good popcorn flick. Bruce plays an excellent action hero. I wonder how BS can act. Any good?

James Boba Fettfield
01-21-2003, 09:36 PM
I don't know how she acts, I never brought myself to watch Crossroads, at least I think that's her movie debut title. Let's just hope she's kept gagged throughout the movie if this turns out to be true.

Eternal Padawan
01-23-2003, 09:15 AM
The movie Bruce was making that Fox owned the title that they wanted was called "Man of War" but the new title (obtained from Fox) is "Tears of the Sun"

They could go the whole Indy Jones/Austin Powers route and bring in Sean Connery to play John McClane's retired police captain father. Then they could bicker and save L.A. (or Philadelphia) and stuff. :D

The Overlord Returns
01-23-2003, 10:08 AM
Die Hard 4: Die, at the box office.

12inch Lando
01-28-2003, 07:06 AM
Any word on the storyline?

Beast
01-28-2003, 07:20 AM
So far, just that John McClane has to save his daughter and others from being held hostage by a group of terrorists. Basically, sounds like they are redoing the first one. The scary news is that his daughter is pegged so far to be played by Britany Spears. :eek: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
01-28-2003, 07:51 AM
oops, they're doing it again........

;)

12inch Lando
01-28-2003, 07:55 AM
But you can't sing that.

Oops, they've done it again... will fit just fine once the movie hits:p

evenflow
01-28-2003, 02:49 PM