PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still looking for Padme Coruscant, Jango Pilot and Clone Pilot?

JangoFart
10-11-2002, 11:18 AM
I have never seen these three on the shelves and the eBay prices are more than I'm willing to pay for these figures. HOWEVER, I hit Yestertoys last night and ordered all 3 for $7.25 each! That's a great price for these figures, if, like me, you cannot find them anywhere.

J

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-11-2002, 11:23 AM
Cool! Thanks for the heads up!

Patient Zero
10-11-2002, 11:42 AM
Remember how hard it was to find Chewie!?! Now they are everywhere. Be patient! I still haven't even seen the new Tusken Raider yet. There seems to be some hold up with all the new figures on the East Coast.

Aurrasing666
10-11-2002, 12:14 PM
Try KB Toys, i was there the other day and they were at both KB's near me. They had all of them except Ephant Mon.

Prince Xizor
10-11-2002, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I think like Chewie they will be everywhere. Especially if and when Toys R' Us sends all the crap back to Hasbro and gets all new Figs. They will be all full of the new toys.

Old Fossil
10-11-2002, 03:40 PM
Good to hear positive views from you all on the future availability of these. Been wanting to snag a Clonetrooper Pilot and Jango Pilot, myself. Hope they make it to Wal-Mart. My local WM's haven't had any new 3 3/4" figures new since Puhr and Palpatine.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-11-2002, 05:05 PM
they've been hitting KB's down here in So.Cal lately if anyone is down this way and they are still $4.99 Also, a friend from St. Louis said the same about KB's in his area too!

Bib Forlobster
10-11-2002, 05:33 PM
I was at TRU today and they just received some cases of figures. The assortments weren't that impressive, however.

In the cases they had out, there were a bunch of Padme Amidala Coruscant Attack, Darth Maul Sith Training, Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack, Teemto Pagalies, Ki-Adi Mundi and singles of older figures including Jango Fett (Kamino Escape), R2-D2 Coruscant Sentry, Luminara Unduli and Yoda.

Nothing I really wanted. No Clonetrooper pilots, Jango pilots or Ephant Mon. The clerk was nice enough to check all the cases for me, but no luck. I bought the Darth Maul. I don't usually buy re-sculpts of characters, but this one was actually very nice looking. The magnetically attached handles on his lightsaber are pretty cool and the sculpt was nice.

I've noticed that only one Ki-Adi-Mundi is in a case and doesn't seem to sell very well. I guess people are pretty happy with the original version from Ep I and don't seem to really care about buying basically the same figure.

The Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack has pegwarmer written all over it. It's too similiar to the Hangar Duel version. What a disappointment.

In my area (NJ) it seems that the R2's, Luminara's, Boba Fett's (kid version) are becoming fairly scarce. Just a note for those of you who may have been waiting on these.

Also, they were $4.99 each.

hango fett
10-11-2002, 05:38 PM
still none here in southwest ohio. i will probably be resorting to ebay or one of the online toy sites.....if i don't find them by halloween.
h

Turbowars
10-11-2002, 06:21 PM
KB is the place. I score all, but Mon.

JangoFart
10-11-2002, 06:51 PM
Ugh!!! I can hear the line in my brain, but can't place the flick, turbowars. Gimme a chance to kill some brain cells this weekend and maybe I'll see it in a vision.

I'm not givin' up! (yet)

J

marcusfett
10-11-2002, 08:02 PM
Hey all. This is my first post, but let me cut to the chase, Padme Coruscant, Lott Dod, Clonetrooper Pilot, etc. have started to hit in the South. At the Toys R Us in Gastonia, NC today I saw all of the new figures except for Ephant Mon. I picked up Lott and Padme. Both are very nice figs, I just wish Padme's accessory would stay together better. BTW, has anyone noticed the new Watto is horrendous? Later.

JangoFart
10-11-2002, 10:23 PM
South of what?? I've been from northeastern Oklahoma to VERY southern Mississippi and haven't seen jack in the way of the new figures. I have, surprisingly, seen the Gunship and Arena playsets at tons of Wal-Marts, etc. But, no new figures.

Where's you stash? :)

J

bigbarada
10-11-2002, 11:15 PM
Still nothing beyond Chewie and Pilot Obi-Wan here. I'm holding out hope that we'll see some new figures put out when the DVD is released.

All I need is two Clone Pilots and Ephant Mon.:frus: A deluxe Yoda would be nice, too.:frus::frus:

JangoFart
10-11-2002, 11:19 PM
bigb:

Yestertoys has the Clone pilot for $7.25 and has the Deluxe Yoda for, I THINK, $13.00. That's not bad AT ALL, especially when compared to eBay prices.

I've bought quite a bit from Yestertoys and they are great. I have even returned one damaged item to have a new, mint one sent right to me - no questions asked.

So, you may wanna consider it.

J

bigbarada
10-11-2002, 11:30 PM
I don't have a credit card so internet purchases are out of the question. Plus if you add shipping that would mean that I am paying almost double for everything.

Emperor Howdy
10-12-2002, 12:24 AM
Just my two cents, gentlemen, but just chill a little longer before using an online seller or Ebay...they'll show up. They ALWAYS do, for the most part. POTF2 was always pretty easy. The only ones I had to special order was Ree-Yees and the DST. Wait.....that's right.....I also had to pay $10 a piece through the Fan Club for some of the E.U. figs. Ep1? Never saw R2-B1, TC-14, Battle Amidala, Holo Sidious, or the NRG. I had to trade or use Ebay for those......but everything else was easy to find. Then POTJ. Pretty easy line too. I took me a while to find Dumb Armor Sith Maul, but I did. I ordered the last wave (Teebo) from Federation Toys for like $6.00 a piece, then found them a week later at WalMart. Ep2 is turning out to be easy too. I'm still looking for 11 figs right now....starting with the Teemto wave....but I guarantee they'll show up before Christmas. Like Jonna said, be patient!

I remember I used to frequent a comic/collector's shop a few years ago during the POTF2 line. Nice guy, but typically high-priced. I had to pay $30 for the Kellogg's Stormtrooper Han, and a hefty $70 (plus two vintage Stormtroopers) for the Theater Luke.....crap like that. He was always trying to pitch me on buying vintage or variation crap that I didn't want. Actually, other than the Han and Luke, I don't recall buying anything else....but still liked to browse the store. Anyway, point is....the guy said he would be closing his doors by the end of the year. I asked him why, and what he said always flashes in my mind from time to time: "Because I can't stay in business selling variations and vintage stuff. People buy from me to get caught up on the older stuff or exclusives, but I'm not selling the new figures. Why would a person pay $10 here for a figure when they know they can wait a month or two and find the same figure at WalMart for $5." Sure enough, the dude closed down. Moral of the story: "Hey, I like you man, but you're right.....I ain't paying your dumb-a** $10 a fig." :p

marcusfett
10-12-2002, 02:08 PM
I totally agree to wait and see on this new wave of figures. The Toys R Us the new figures were at yesterday have not had any new figures past the ones that debuted in April (there are still a bunch of Bespin Escape Leias sitting around), and, bam, yesterday they had almost every new one. Happy hunting! :-)

Jayspawn
10-12-2002, 02:42 PM
I havn't been able to find any of these figures are retail either. It's frusterating. I'm still missing Padme Pilot, Watto, Lot Dodd, Clone Pilot, and Tusken Raider.

bigbarada
10-12-2002, 03:28 PM
I think the only figure I am willing to just bite the bullet for and overpay online to get is Ephant Mon. I'd happily pay $20 for him and not have any regrets.:)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-12-2002, 03:42 PM
I ordered my stuff from Kebco, so when i go home for Christmas break in a few weeks, it'll be sitting on my bed wrapped in big bow.

well, prolly dusty, but still, it's gonna rock!! I recommend Kebco toys, they got really sweet prices and the service is great. I'm at school, so ordering stuff from them is really convienent. Happy hunting!!

Death Star Gimp
10-12-2002, 05:01 PM
I got hold of Clonetrooper (pilot), Jango (pilot), Watto, Tusken Raider & Massif, Lott Dodd, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Ephant Mon at a toy fair in Chester (England) today. Just missed out on the last Geonosian Deluxe :( .

Ephant Mon is an enormous figure, well sculpted, well painted - just a fantastic figure. I normally only buy one as I am a carded collector but I had to buy two and open one. I was dumb struck at the quality and size of this figure. Clonetrooper (pilot) is an excellent figure also.

There is a shop in Wrexham, North Wales who do most of the shows in the UK and sometimes in the US too. They get stuff quite early. The shop is called Above and Beyond. I got my figures off them today. Ephant Mon was 8. This is great value for a figure of this size. All new figures were 8. Some of you might say thats 2 more than retail (TRU), but two years ago we were paying that at retail anyway for TPM figures, plus in think it will be difficult finding these figures at TRU and other retailers from now on especially in the UK.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-12-2002, 11:27 PM
I think the KiAdi and the Jango Pilot wave was put out in very small numbers in my area and only at a few KB stores. The figures probably lasted 15.4 seconds on the racks before they were snatched up. I was lucky to get a Tatooine Attack Luke. I haven't yet to see a Gunship or an Arena Playset but I haven't really looked for figures on the usual days when they stock.

Darth Detori
10-14-2002, 09:19 AM
um.... am I the only one that sees that ephant mon hasn't been released widely yet?....... Like, only one guy found him and it wasn't through a direct source.