PDA

View Full Version : R2-D2: Beneath the Dome on DVD (merged)

Pendo
10-11-2002, 11:21 AM
TheForce.net have rumblings of R2-D2: Beneath the Dome coming to DVD this December as an exclusive DVD! I hope it is true, but it won't be available in the UK :(. And with language like "Out of my way you Scottish wanker" it's bound to either get cut out or become a 15 rating. I just hope it is released in the UK and not just the States :(.

Click here (http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml#18348).

PENDO!

Beast
10-11-2002, 11:40 AM
I'm sure that if it's exclusive to the states, that someone here would be willing to pick them up for our Star Wars fans across the water. I hope it is released, because it sucked it wasn't included on the E2 DVD. They should include the E1 and E2 commercials that wouldn't fit on the individual DVD's also. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-11-2002, 11:53 AM
BTW, for those that don't want to wait for TheForce.Net to load here's the news story. I wish they would get that site on a speedier server. :)

R2-D2: Beneath the Dome to DVD
Fri, Oct 11, 02 09:51:43 AM EDT

We're hearing some rumblings from the Suncoast Store here in the States about the possiblity of an exclusive DVD arriving soon:
There was a conference in Las Vegas, and I just heard about a little secret. The reps have just made a deal with Lucasfilm to have an EXCLUSIVE R2-D2: Beneath the Dome DVD availiable in our stores (I think the street date is 12/26). I'm not sure if this would be a Suncoast exclusive or a Best Buy Enterprise Exclusive, but I will get you more info on that when I have it. This will be the entire starwars.com web series. When I have more info on SRP and specs, I'll email you.

Awesome - on the Episode II DVD you can watch the hilarious 6 minute trailer as well!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
10-11-2002, 06:46 PM
What's the rating on this?

El Chuxter
10-11-2002, 11:50 PM
I'm taking this with a grain of salt for the moment, but both theforce.net and thedigitalbits.com are reporting that Suncoast has worked out some sort of deal with Lucas to release Beneath the Dome as a Suncoast exclusive on December 26. No one knows yet it this will be at the other stores owned by the same company (Sam Goody, Musicland, Best Buy, and Media Play) or not.

Like I said, pending official word on this, I'm inclined to not believe it, but thedigitalbits says it's confirmed as of 1:30 PM PST. Were the article only on theforce.net, I'd just completely blow it off, but thedigitalbits normally is pretty reliable.

Just a quick heads up, y'all. :)

Beast
10-12-2002, 12:34 AM
May want to read down a couple posts, already being discussed in the following thread. http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15154 Though the news of TheDigitalBits confirming the news makes this 100% more plausible then TheForce.Net. TDB usually is very accurate with their news.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-12-2002, 12:49 AM
By the way, for those of you that don't like going to links to read the news, here is what the two posts over at the Digital Bits have to say. :)

(EARLY UPDATE - 10/11/02 - 11 AM PDT)

Yeah, you read that right. We've been getting e-mails all morning from employees of Suncoast stores. Apparently, they've made some kind of deal with Lucasfilm to have an exclusive DVD available only at Suncoast stores (and possibly Musicland Group stores as well): the complete R2-D2: Beneath the Dome "mocumentary" (the trailer for which is on the Episode II DVD). Word is the disc will be available on 12/26. Consider this a rumor until we can confirm it. Is anyone else getting sick and tired of these exclusives?

(LATE UPDATE - 10/11/02 - 1:30 PM PDT)

One quick note - we've confirmed the Suncoast R2-D2: Beneath the Dome DVD exclusive. It is happening, and may also be available at all Musicland Group stores (which include Musicland, Media Play, Suncoast and Sam Goody) as well as Best Buy (which owns the Musicland Group). We'll let you know when we have exact street date and price info.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
10-12-2002, 02:39 AM
Any speculation on SRP ?

It can't have that long of a running time, right?
Hopefully it's around 10 or 15 bones . . . :)

Beast
10-12-2002, 03:05 AM
It's around 20 minutes or so, if I recall correctly Caesar. I'm sure that it will have some extra features on there. Maybe an Audio Commentary, some trailers. I really would like to see the commercials for E1 and E2 that are missing from the DVD's. Around $10-$15 sounds about right. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
10-12-2002, 07:00 AM
I'd fly to America to get this DVD, I think I want it more than the Episode II one :rolleyes::D!

I'm glad TDB have some news on it, it seems like it is really going to happen now :D. Hopefully StarWars.com will have some news on it soon.

PENDO!

Beast
11-08-2002, 04:21 PM
It appears that the rumors of the Mockumentary being exclusive to Media Play Chain stores is confirmed. Media Play, Suncoast, and Sam Goody, all have it up for pre-order on their websites now. It lists a release date of Decemeber 26th, and it's priced at $8.99. I'm sure that the actual stores will start taking pre-orders soon also. I'll keep my eye out for specs. :)

Media Play (http://www.mediaplay.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/MediaPlay/VideoProductPage.mac/report?amgId=M002130920&prodCode=03)

Suncoast (http://www.suncoast.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/Suncoast/VideoProductPage.mac/report?amgId=M002130920&prodCode=03)

Sam Goody (http://www.samgoody.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/SamGoody/VideoProductPage.mac/report?amgId=M002130920&prodCode=03)

Jedi Master Silas
11-08-2002, 06:05 PM
What is it? R2 D2 beneath the dome?? I must have been under my rock on this one....could some one fill me in please.

Beast
11-08-2002, 06:07 PM
It's a mockumentary about the life of R2-D2. The years after the OT where he was out of work, homeless, broke. His attempts to get jobs, and getting turned down for them. It's actually pretty darn funny, since the people they interview take it totally seriously. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
11-09-2002, 03:11 AM
Thanx for the heads up JJB! I'll be ordering mine off the internet :), unless there is a Media Play chain somewhere hidden here in the UK. My DVD Player is multi-region so it won't really matter, but is the DVD region coded? I'm thinking of picking one up for my friend :).

PENDO!

JEDIpartner
11-09-2002, 04:03 PM
the DVD will probably be region coded "1"

What I don't get is that the UK and Japan have the same region code, but Japan is NTSC and UK is PAL!!!! Weird!

Pendo
12-23-2002, 06:17 PM
StarWars.com FINALY have official news on the DVD over here (http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/12/news20021223.html). They also have a full size image of the DVD cover.

PENDO!

derek
12-23-2002, 06:54 PM
i saw this in the store the other day. i'm not paying $10 for something that's only 20 minutes and should of been on the episode 2 DVD.:)

Pendo
12-28-2002, 05:19 PM
If you thought the DVD had just the three episodes of Beneath the Dome, then think again. It appears there is more on it than we thought, TheForce.Net have info of an easter egg :). Click here (http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml#19198).

Does anybody actually have the DVD? I should be getting my copy soon :D!

PENDO!

2-1B
12-29-2002, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by derek
i'm not paying $10

me neither, so I paid $5 ;)

Pendo
12-29-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by derek
i'm not paying $10
Originally posted by Caesar
me neither, so I paid $5 ;)

Well I paid $30!!!!! :eek:!

PENDO!

Beast
12-29-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
Well I paid $30!!!!! :eek:!

PENDO!
Worth every penny. :happy: :D

"Out of my way, you bloody scottish wanker." :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
12-29-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Worth every penny. :happy: :D

"Out of my way, you bloody scottish wanker." :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hehehe, one of my all time favourite quotes :p!!! Thank you Nick Gillard :D! I wonder if he improvised that line, or it was written into the script?

PENDO!