PDA

View Full Version : Hoth Peril Snow Speeder

sith_killer_99
10-29-2001, 01:43 AM
I just read the article on the new Hoth Speeder.

I thought the release date had been pushed back til January. However, the article said that Wal-Mart will have it in November. Is it true?:eek:

I certainly hope so!:D

Of course, it will probably be difficult to find.:(

Anyway, I checked out the pack-in figures, they look great! Luke is standing in the back, much better than the "falling over" look in the original pictures.

Luke and Dak both seem to have removable helmets!:) I love removable helmets!!!:D

The Luke sculpt seems to be pretty good to, hopefuly this Luke can redeem that HORRID X-Wing Luke Hasbro just gave us.

Good ol' buck-tooth Luke gives monkey-face Leia a run for her money as the UGLIEST head sculpt of all time.:mad:

I hope noone is a MIMB collector here. Cuz the box dosen't look too sturdy. Though, like most ships lately it does have a nice display package.

So what's the sugested retail price on this baby anyway?

evenflow
10-29-2001, 08:34 AM
I am looking foraward to this one. I am happy to see that it is supposed to come ou tin November. :)

Princess_Leila
10-30-2001, 06:48 PM
Huh... that new picture is just a mock-up. The snowspeeder is the old one, not Luke's. Just look at the red stripes. Luke's are grey.

The figure in the background is just a 1996 POTF2 Luke X-wing with a Wedge head. It is one of the worst figures ever produced. The head sculpt and the body proportions are some of the worst out there. Don't you have the 1996 X-wing Luke? Just put it next to the new one, and get ready for a laugh.

Oh, and just wipe-off those teeth on the new Luke, and it's really not that bad. MUCH better than that horrible 1996 X-wing Luke.

Let's hope that they resculpt that Luke. Otherwise, it would be quite insulting.

bigbarada
10-30-2001, 07:33 PM
I kind of hope the figure shown in the mock-up isn't the one shipped with the toy. Crapsville!:mad:

For the record I think the POTJ Luke X-Wing is the BEST Luke to come down the pipe since 1978!! Excellent work Hasbro!!:cool:

If the buck-teeth bother you that much then just scratch them off with your fingernail, that's what I did.

Wolfwood319
10-30-2001, 07:47 PM
I for one liked the POTJ X-Wing Luke. If you do wipe the paint off, it makes the figure really really good, definately in the top 10 best POTJ figs.

And I wouldn't put too much faith in the mock-up. I hope both pilots have similar body sculpts to the new POTJ Luke, but remember, these are pack-in exclusives, so don't expect much. Just look at the new Tie-Pilot or B-wing pilot.

Hopefully the actual Snowspeeder will really stand out though, if the snowspeeder itself is really incredible, I'll definately get a couple. This is the one vehicle I've been looking forward to for awhile.

But don't expect too much from the actual figures.

LTBasker
10-31-2001, 10:10 AM
*ahem* Actually, I do believe it has been reported the Luke and Dak are actually newer sculpts....but without removable helmets. The two figures are supposed to be "thinner" and not buff like the Wedge and Luke figs made back in the '96. If you want removable helmets tho, just grab a couple POTJ Luke X-wings, remove the head, modify one of the heads, then paint the helmet to look like Dak's. I think the two figs with the new Snowspeeder are supposed to have articulated knees, but I'm not too sure about that... I think these two figs will be great Hoth pilots custom fodder, with a snowspeeder for the team! Definite kudos to Hasbro. :)

Princess_Leila
10-31-2001, 10:48 AM
Some sources have said that they will be "unbuffed", and feature new haed sculpts ithout the rem helmets. If the head proportions are fine, then we should be okay.

Yet I'm certainly not excpecting much. But hey! At leasr paploo features a resculpted hat! And pretty neat, too.

Yep! Pack ins blow. Always have, always will. In just about any toy line, for that matter. (Excpet for the red astromech droid that comes with the Royal starship, of course.)

JediCole
11-02-2001, 02:35 PM
I may just have to get this one, if for no other reason than to have a Luke in an pilots uniform that looks better than Luke Bunny! I was so hopeful with that one! And to have a Dak figure at last is great too. I'll bet that figure will feel like it could take on the whole Empire itself. And then it will feel dead.

Princess_Leila
11-02-2001, 03:17 PM
Well, he WILL be able to take the whole Empire himself, if he is as buff as the POTF2 Luke X-wing!

And just scrape off Luke's teeth! The figure is one of the finest in the collection! Don't throw such a cool figure away just for a detail like that!

JediTricks
11-03-2001, 10:17 AM
I dare to disagree about the "bucktooth scrape fix", even without his paint, his mouth-sculpt still looks like a bunny wabbit named george.