PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon 4 Ever

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
10-12-2002, 04:29 PM
Oh no! Not another Pokemon movie! Yup, those little annoying creatures that only say their names are back with another sequal. The publicity for it wasn't great, seeing how Miramax obtained the rights to this fourth installment (most people I know that like Pokemon didn't even hear about Pokemon 4 until a few days before it's release). Had Warner Brothers (who had the rights to Pokemon 1-3) been given the rights to Pokemon 4, publicity for it would go through the roof. Ask yourself this- Do I really care if Pokemon commercials are being advertised less? Of couse not (unless you're a Pokemon fan like me:D).

I thought the movie was great! I liked the storyline (time travel- :sur: OOOH). I found Celebi (the main character) to be a bit annoying halfway through the film. But then again, a majority of the other Pokemon were annoying too.:zzz:

If you have kids, take them.

master jedi
10-12-2002, 06:19 PM
Another Pokemon movie? I didn't even know there was a third movie but here they come with a 4th. Man, I don't think could portray my hatred for Pokemon in words.

The Pokemon craze is done and over with so why make another pokemon movie? This makes me want to puke.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
10-12-2002, 06:55 PM
It's not over yet. Miramax also bought the rights to Pokemon 5. Yes, that's right, there's a 5th. It's out in Japan arleady.:dead:

QLD
10-13-2002, 01:24 AM
*repeatedly stabs self in crotch with railroad spike*

Hmmm....that sounds better than going to see this ;) :D

2-1B
10-13-2002, 01:31 AM
PIKA ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Ahem, I think I'll just wait patiently for QLD to finish up with that railroad spike.

mini-rock
10-13-2002, 01:29 PM
FOR GOD SAKE!! I only came in here 'cause my kids saw the word Pokemon. They don't even care there's another one being made or out.

Caesar, don't hurt Mr. Winkie because of the insanity that is Pokemon.

derek
10-13-2002, 02:14 PM
pokeman, bah! digimon rules!!!

Eternal Padawan
10-13-2002, 04:21 PM
Pika pika?

Nexu
10-13-2002, 06:33 PM
The games are fun. The first movie was OK. Didn't see the rest.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-13-2002, 08:44 PM
Can't believe we haven't seen any Digimon, Yu-Gi-Goh, or Chinpokemon movies coming out of Hollywood yet. What are they waiting for?

master jedi
10-14-2002, 01:18 PM
Pokemon. Digimon. They're the same thing. They're both stupid.

Pokemon means pocket monsters in english which sounds perverted or something.

hango fett
10-14-2002, 07:05 PM
do not diss pokemon. i know the most about them in my town! they cartoon seires sucks at the moment, but i hear the next season in japan will be very nice. much more battleing and no more annoying misty. the best thing about them is the games. the trading card could be about 10x better if it where for 16+ year olds...but hey..i'm in it for the value and what my stash will be worth some day. now all my freinds at school who used to like pkmn are into "yu-gui-oh." to many dumb japanese names for me. well, theres my 2 cent. just don't bash pokemon so much...it's mainly for the kids and me. even though i'm 16. heck, grown adults were batteling and trading at one of the malls i went to. :eek:
h

JesusFreak
10-14-2002, 08:10 PM
Yeah, the card game and game boy games are fun, just because they're "kiddy" doesnt mean they're not good games

hango fett
10-14-2002, 08:46 PM
amen to that. finaly! someone who aggrees with me about them!
h

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
10-14-2002, 09:20 PM
Cool, I'm not alone. Other forumites here like Pokemon:) (a select few, but that's ok). Can't wait for that new season when they replace Misty. I'm getting tired of her anyway. Also I can't wait for the Ruby/Sapphire games. :D

Nexu
10-14-2002, 09:24 PM
Ruby and Saphire? Sweet. Will they be on GBA?
Jeez, I'm 18, and I still play them. I played Poke Red through last year, and my total time was something like 70 some-odd hours. Great, great games.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
10-14-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Nexu
Ruby and Saphire? Sweet. Will they be on GBA?
Jeez, I'm 18, and I still play them. I played Poke Red through last year, and my total time was something like 70 some-odd hours. Great, great games.

Yup, GBA only. No backwards compatability with the older games though.

Nexu
10-14-2002, 09:29 PM
That's awesome. :) Pretty awesome graphics, I'm sure.

hango fett
10-15-2002, 06:31 AM
oh, you want to see the screenshots then! here is a link to a very good site. www.serebii.net go to enter site and then go to ruby/sapphire on the games section. these game are going to rock! edit in: i will start a new thread in the GD forum so we don't get slammed here! check it out! i'll have pictures too!
h

Nexu
10-16-2002, 05:03 PM
Awesome Hango. :) Thanks for the link. :cool:

hurrikane
10-16-2002, 10:12 PM
Another pokemon? I want another digimon movie! I know they compacted the first 3 movies into one. But if they could make a huge one with all the digi destin's and They beat the snot out of a huge huge digimon that would be sweet.

Pokemon is getting a lil old now.

InsaneJediGirl
10-18-2002, 08:14 PM
When is this supposed to be out?My brothers want to see Pokemon 4Ever but it isnt playing in our county.(Thank the lord,because I cant stand it!)Any info would be helpful..

hango fett
10-19-2002, 08:44 AM
well, where do you live?????
h

InsaneJediGirl
10-19-2002, 10:44 AM
Florida..I really didnt think it mattered,if the movie is released on the same day?Or..is it one of those "selected theatre" deals?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
10-19-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
Florida..I really didnt think it mattered,if the movie is released on the same day?Or..is it one of those "selected theatre" deals?

Based on the publicity Miramax did for it, it's more of a selected theater deal.

InsaneJediGirl
10-19-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Hasbro'sBountyHunter
Based on the publicity Miramax did for it, it's more of a selected theater deal.

Alright,Thank you HBH :DI sorta figured that,since I havent even seen a trailer for the movie.I remember seeing commericals for other pokemon movies,you couldnt go a half-an-hour without seeing one.

Jayspawn
10-19-2002, 04:47 PM
Pokeman sucks! It's time is over.

Eternal Padawan
10-20-2002, 09:04 AM
The only "commercial" I have seen for it was the Japanese version on one of the DVD's that came out. Either Pokemon3 or The MewTwo Returns direct-to-video movie. I never saw any kind of stateside advertising.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-20-2002, 11:16 AM
I'd like to watch Pokemon but it sends me into seizures. Happens all the time!!! Like when i watch "Battling Seizure Robots!" :D Hate pokemon, so much. Glad that hellish craze is over.

master jedi
10-20-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
do not diss pokemon. i know the most about them in my town!

That just makes me want to diss you along with pokemon. :)

hango fett
10-21-2002, 04:38 PM
ok...diss me as you wish...but i know what i like and that's the truth!i really only like the video games....10x better than the show.
h

master jedi
10-21-2002, 06:39 PM
One of the things that turns me off of pokemon is seeing the fans of it. It's sad.
Once I was at my locas wal-mart and they had pokemon stadium demo there. There was this girl there that picked up a strategy guide (that she didn't intend to buy) beating the heck out of it while playing the demo. While she was playing it she would get excited and yell really loud. She would yell things like "I knew pokemon a was a lot better than pokemon b"(sorry don't know any pokemon names) or "everybody says this pokemon is better than that pokemon but i just proved them wrong." She was so loud you could hear her on the other side of the store. She played for a heck of a long time too.

hango fett
10-22-2002, 08:19 PM
yeah...i never did that...i hate having little kids coming up to me and just staring at the screen and when i do something they must put their 2 cent in.....arrgh! I HATE THEM!...........AND THE CHILDREN TOO! i just get the games and go...not alot of noise comes out of my mouth when i play...i just play.
h

master jedi
10-23-2002, 01:28 PM
I don't know how old the kids you're talking about were but the one i was talking about was around 12-13 or at least old enough to know not to do such embarassing thing in a crowded store. I mean she was making me embarassed.

CloneTrooperMace
10-23-2002, 08:52 PM
Hay, I like misty.She is cute.If they replace here with some other girl it's going to be messed up.

CloneTrooperMace
10-23-2002, 09:27 PM
Does anyone else think misty is cute.Come people tell me you like misty sometimes pleaseeeeee....

hango fett
10-25-2002, 03:41 PM
she's alright...and yes..they are replacing here. she goes back to curelean. oh, and in the next leagur (ruby and sapphire) ash leaves every one of his pokes at oaks but pikachu. can you say "IDIDOT!"?
h

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
10-25-2002, 04:05 PM
The girl in this picture is the one that replaces Misty.

hango fett
10-25-2002, 06:56 PM
yeo. she starts with achamo (the fire one) in the show.
h

CloneTrooperMace
10-26-2002, 07:59 AM
I don't like here.It looks like she has a corn cob up here bum.